FL FL - Colleen Orsborn, 15, Daytona Beach, 19 March 1984

I was sure she was his victim too... yet I left right after Dr G was talking the first time... and apparently I MISSED the mention of WS? Seriously?

Stupid furnace stops working and I miss everything. Grrrrrr. I hate winter.

I am thankful for reruns!

I just watched the episode and am so relieved for Colleen's family to finally know for sure that Colleen was deceased all this time...apparently right away, when she disappeared. I hate that she was not identified at the time...but am grateful for the improvements in science and the fact that another look was finally taken, and that one more family knows what happened to their loved one.

Thank you all for this forum. Chery Ann Windsor is my aunt, my mother's step-sister. I was only 7 when she was murdered but it has had a huge impact on my life. I recently saw a documentary about the disappearance of Colleen Orsborn and it concluded with the findings in 2010 that the remains found behind DisneyWorld were, in fact, those of Colleen.

After seeing this show, and speaking to my mother, I am convinced that my aunt, Cheryl, was also a victim of this monster. My mom had never heard his name before, but when I told it to her she immediately knew that it had something to do with Cheryl. Her friends witnessed her leaving an arcade with an older man, and she was never seen or heard from again. I know that we will never know for sure while we are here on Earth, but I think this is the answer we have been waiting for.

I just watched the rerun of Disappeared about Colleen..I had never seen it. Anyway it attributed the revisiting of the case to a "crime discussion website (or something)". Then they showed a person typing in www.websleuths!

I guess I got one right finally and wasn't even aware of it...

Though I kinda wish I wasn't and that Colleen had been found safe and living a happy life somewhere out there. :(

The DNA here identified the victim. Not the killer.
Any links are long dead (I think it was Carl that saved Colleen's Charley page) so I can't tell where the then-unknown Colleen was found. Does anyone know if it could be what the NH man described?
Both him and Wilder are both gone (I suppose) so nothing can be done to either. I was just curious.

The DNA here identified the victim. Not the killer.
Any links are long dead (I think it was Carl that saved Colleen's Charley page) so I can't tell where the then-unknown Colleen was found. Does anyone know if it could be what the NH man described?
Both him and Wilder are both gone (I suppose) so nothing can be done to either. I was just curious.

(A) marks the area where Colleen's body was found. (B) marks the approximate area where the note alleged her body was located. They are about 75 miles apart.

It's pretty clear IMO that the letter was a hoax.

Avalon Rd/Co Rd 545 to County Rd 415/Tomoka Farms Rd - Google Maps

Colleen's body was found near the intersection of Rte 192 (W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy) and Avalon Road, adjacent to Lake Chapin (in the wooded area shown below).

Avalon Rd/Co Rd 545 to County Rd 415/Tomoka Farms Rd - Google Maps

:bump:

Bumping Colleen's thread with her episode of Disappeared for anyone that hasn't seen it before:

Disappeared 04x05 - Spring Break Nightmare - Colleen Orsborn - YouTube

I hope you are resting peacefully, Colleen.

WdltbSN.jpg

BUMP Update-
Colleen Orsborn /Deborah Quimby/Alicia Markovich
3 different females vanished and/or killed in 3 different states. The link, 3 anonymous letters mailed to police or to the victim’s Family members, telling them to look near a body of water for the bodies. A further link, all 3 of these letters were mailed from the same 3 square mile in NH. Without a doubt, by the same person. Not to pat myself on the back, but I linked these 3 cases to those letters and contacted police in each case. They investigated, and think the letters were likely from a single hoaxer. I tend to agree.

Not related to Colleen's discovery, but I was watching this episode on Disappeared, and Websleuths is mentioned (not by name), but the screenshots that were shown were definitely from this website (and this thread in general). Like what are the odds of that?

I just watched a program on Christopher Wilder last night and I'm not so sure he killed Colleen. I could be wrong, but he didn't bury his victims, did he? Has it ever been revealed what Colleen's cause of death was? Was she treated in the same way as his other victims?

Her case has always struck a chord with me as I lived in the area and was 17 in 1984.

Good that the Family found Colleen,but sad that they had to wait so long. It's disgusting that some sick twisted person in New Hampshire sent a letter to her Family claiming responsibility for her murder(the same letter writer also mailed similar letters in the cases of Deborah Ann Quimby & Alicia Markovich)

I am very interested in knowing if they have DNA on this Jane Doe found.

126UFFL

I'm also interested in any Jane Does found in Florida that has not had DNA done on them yet or thier DNA is not in CODIS.
Colleen’s disappeared episode re aired yesterday. I had to check on 126 . Still not identified . They have Dna . I think it should be ran through genealogy .

Recognize these photos? High school portraits found in decades old murder case file

"Recently the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Unit took a fresh look at Colleen’s case and located some photos of young women in the case file," police said.

The photos were traced back to Miller Studio Photographers, which was engaged with taking senior portraits for several high schools in and around Quincy at the time.

Investigators said they were also able to enhance the writing on the back of each picture, making the messages at least partially decipherable. They said:

UPDATE: Thank you! All four females have been identified. We have been able to determine that these photos may not be relevant to the investigation, but were likely simply the contents of a lost wallet. Cold Case detectives will continue seeking answers in Colleen Orsborn's murder.

1984 COLD CASE: We are working with our partners at
Quincy Police Department to develop new leads in the 27 year old OCSO cold case murder of Colleen Orsburn.

Colleen Orsburn was 15 years old when she disappeared from her home in Daytona Beach on March 14, 1984. One month later, a young woman’s remains were found partially buried in a field in Orange County Florida. Due to the limitations of technology at the time, the remains went unidentified for nearly 27 years. In 2011, the Medical Examiner’s Office utilized new technology and was able to successfully identity Colleen Orsburn.

Colleen’s killer is suspected to be serial killer Christopher Wilder.

Her case in Orange County has remained open and active for decades but new leads on this case have come to a halt. Recently the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Unit took a fresh look at Colleen’s case and located some photos of young women in the case file.

While the photos were weathered, detectives were able to determine they were taken by Miller Studio Photographers in Quincy, Massachusetts in the early 1980’s. The photos appear to be school pictures and were primarily addressed to another person named ‘Jen’ or ‘Jennie’.

Now detectives in Orange County are teaming up with detectives in Quincy to try and track down these girls in these pictures from 1984 to see if they have any information about the Colleen Orsborn case.

If you recognize the girls in these photos, or know who they may have been addressed to (Jen or Jennie), please contact the Orange County Sheriff’s Office1984 COLD CASE: We are working with our partners at the Quincy

Something that I've noticed is the estimated postmortem interval that was listed for Colleen after her body was found on April 6. I read an article about this case (the article is decades old, so she was still a UID at the time), and according to that article, it was estimated that Colleen had been killed three to ten days before her discovery. I know that estimating time since death is not an exact science, but that entire time window, which is already rather wide, does not match up very well with Colleen's established date of disappearance (which was about nineteen days prior to April 6).

In hindsight, it also looks like the body was in decent-enough shape to where they were able to at least somewhat accurately estimate Colleen's weight and eye color (although they estimated her to have been a bit heavier than her true listed weight, and her eyes were apparently hazel and not brown). This suggests to me that although Colleen was discovered in a decomposed state upon her discovery, the decomposition couldn't have been all that extensive, which, in turn, suggests that she might not have been killed immediately upon her disappearance. I'm still taking the postmortem interval with a grain of salt, considering that the body was buried (which could have preserved the remains, I guess), but these estimates are correct, it looks like she could have actually been alive for as long as sixteen or so days after she had initially gone missing.

I wonder what might have happened to her. I'm not entirely sure that she was truly a Wilder victim. As far as I know, there isn't any concrete evidence linking the two, but I could be mistaken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back