FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Falcon500, Jul 18, 2020.

1. worm

worm Well-Known Member

@Seattle1 , I’m glad the families will get some of that money. I was thinking recently that they should let more go into that fund to help those folks. I’d hate to think of somebody who lost their son in this to be worried about an electric bill or food.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Let it be a reminder that for every evil in the skin killer among us, there are multiples of kind, generous, and decent folks willing to contribute to complete strangers.

Peace and comfort to the community, family, and friends of the victims.

MOO

3. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

Debit card yes... I receive my funds on one, and make all my purchases, large and small on it!

4. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

Might it be that we don't necessarily have to focus on the positives, either? Because, when you talk about a person's character... you normally do talk about their positives and negatives... ignore one or ignore the other and you're not getting genuine picture of the individual.

They were the victims of this horrible crime and no matter the combination of good/bad in the victims, it shouldn't change our view of the perpetrators. But... I don't think we have to go through the usual... they were great guys... give you the shirt off their backs... turning their lives around... wonderful parents... whatever.

5. Clair Louise

Clair Louise Former Member

Credit card or debit card?

watcher9, Marg from Oz and Flicka1 like this.
  6. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Welcome very active new member to Websleuths this week @Clair Louise ! It's a great place to follow cases, and I see that you are interested and contributing to very many here in the last few days.

Not sure of what you are asking in the above. Can you clarify?

Again, welcome new member!

7. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

Because of the national coin shortage everywhere I've been here in this central Florida area are requiring exact change or debit/credit card payment only. This could be why he paid with a card.

8. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

Are LE aware that she lies?

Marg from Oz, tabitha111 and Flicka1 like this.
  9. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that the dispute over the truck/engine was called a civil matter. This obviously implies there is no clear, legal proof of crime such as X sold vehicle to Y, Y titled the vehicle in their name, and Z came along and took the vehicle or parts.
    It's probably much more murky.
    Example 1: X sold vehicle to Y. Y is a curbstoner (a person who skirts dealer laws when reselling cars). Y has kept the title in X's name because he doesn't want to deal with the hassles of officially selling cars as a dealer or registering them in his personal name because of the sales tax. Z buys the vehicle on a payment plan but Y keeps the title, still in X's name. Z puts a plate from some other vehicle is on the vehicle so it appears legal to drive. Something happens and the deal goes south (like the vehicle breaks down and Z takes what is of value and leaves the rest).
    Example 2: X takes vehicle to shop for repairs and never pays he bill. Eventually (and we have no idea how long the dispute goes on) shop gets the vehicle on a mechanics' lien. Then Y, maybe an employee of the shop, reclaims what is of value before scrapping the vehicle.

10. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

I'm betting LE assumes that about everyone they talk to involved in a crime.

11. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

FROSTPROOF, Fla. (WFLA) — The Polk County Sheriff’s Office arrested the father of the shooting suspect in the Frostproof fishing ‘massacre’ and three others for environmental hazards at the property they all live at.

The sheriff’s office served a search warrant two weeks ago at a parcel of land where they believed triple homicide suspect Tony “TJ” Wiggins lived — a one-acre sized land on Sarver Avenue near Sandollar Street. The search netted the arrests of Wiggins and three others.

Polk County deputies said the land features five structures that are home to triple homicide suspects TJ Wiggins, Robert Wiggins, and Mary Whittemore. On Friday, Polk County Sheriff’s Office Environmental Crimes detectives arrested four others that live on the property.

Tony Wiggins Sr., 58, Robert Keene, 42, Nydia Liboy, 54, and Chyanne Eccleston, 19, were arrested and charged with environmental hazard crimes.

“The property where these suspects live looks like a landfill and has raw sewage all over the ground,” Sheriff Grady Judd said. “It’s not only not fit for humans, I wouldn’t even let a dog live there.”

Deputies said the camper that the suspect(s) live in have septic tanks opened draining onto the ground in a small hole with feces visible at the top of the ground. Deputies said there was an excessive amount of flies swarming around trash, dog feces, and human feces throughout the property.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/WFLA/status/1287758916693233664

Father of Frostproof ‘massacre’ suspect, 3 others arrested at ‘hazardous’ off-the-grid property | WFLA

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  12. Talullah

Talullah Well-Known Member

Jail sounds like a step up for this bunch.

13. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

:eek::eek: What a lovely bunch <modsnip> Moo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020
  14. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

It looks like either 1 or 2 will be the property in question, IMO. I think probably 1 based on the state of the grounds.

Attached Files:

15. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

BBM

My initial speculation was example 2, especially as TJW has had regular run-ins with the law. Truck repair money likely became bail money. And if TJW was in jail, goodness knows how long the alleged truck might have been left.

MOO

16. branmuffin

Are there children living on that property?

17. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

1 was my pick.

18. ShHolmz

ShHolmz Well-Known Member

I hope not, the condition of the properties and dwellings sounds horrific. Prayers for those children.

19. branmuffin

I believe the charges were withdrawn due to him being deceased.

20. branmuffin

What do you mean by receiving funds? An amount is uploaded onto a card? Like a gift card?

Marg from Oz and Flicka1 like this.