FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d bet that sweet deal isn’t far off either @Seattle1 . They will likely make it easy on her to seal a conviction on TJ. Little brother too.

Edit to add that I don’t see MW or RW dying on the hill for TJ, and considering how he has treated women before, he likely has been rough with her too.

Earlier I could not get the "Print Case Summary" button to open the PDF. I was able to tonight. These are much easier to read than my screen clips.

Here is the Case ID#s and names:
Case ID Name
2020CF005654A000XX TJ Wiggins
2020CF005657A000XX WR Wiggins
2020CF005655A000XX MC Whittemore

Here is the link:
Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Here is information of felony sentences if convicted in the state of Florida. It looks pretty cut and dried if they stick to the books. TJ has run out of luck... for good this time.

Felony Crimes in Florida - Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney

FROSTPROOF, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has announced that Polk Sheriff’s Charities has received enough money to pay for all funeral expenses for the three families of three young men “massacred” during a fishing trip in Frostproof.

In a statement, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said “On behalf of Brandon, Damion, and Keven’s families, we would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support you have shown during this horrific situation.”

Sheriff Judd says the donations will be split equally among all three families.

Frostproof ‘massacre’ victims funeral expenses covered following ‘outpouring of support’ | WFLA
wow. That's a wonderful statement to the families right there.

I notice Robert has a home made tattoo on the side of his left hand comprising of just two letters. T. J. I think he was a fan of his brother. MOO

Yes, it's just so very sad.

All three were the salt of the earth. The best kind of people that we need a lot more of with far less evil human beings like the one who took all of their lives away from them just because he knew he could, and wanted to do it.

They were the kind of young men who would give anyone the shirts off their back to help them. Or if called when someone needed their help they would be right there.

I still haven't brought myself to watch any of the videos showing them alive. I know when the parents of the three sons sees these videos it has to tear them up inside.

Just seeing the daddy on Fox talking about rushing to help his dying son makes me breakdown, and cry for him. You can see as he tries to talk he is reliving what he saw. :( An image no loving parent should ever have to witness, and I'm sure all three families loved the friends of their sons who were murdered.

Like many relationships its most likely all three had been lifelong friends.

It's just not only one of the saddest murders lately, but it was so senseless.

I no more believe any of the three knew anything about stealing a truck motor. HITH does someone steal a motor out of a truck? It takes quite a bit of time to disconnect everything plus a truck motor is extremely heavy. That is why mechanics have to use special hoists just to lift the engine. All of the processes needed to remove a large heavy motor takes time. It's not a quick grab, and go.

Personally, I think he made up that excuse. He had already made up his mind he was going to murder someone before the night was over with. Imo, he was on the hunt looking for someone to murder.

He probably already knew the three men didn't carry any kind of firearm. They may have had a filet knife in their tackleboxes, but the murderer knew they wouldn't ever have a chance to defend themselves or one another. He made sure it was a surprise attack with no warning.

He was out to murder in cold blood. Imo, if it hadn't been them he would have selected other defenseless targets.

How I wish he had been locked up for the last assault. I don't understand why he wasn't. The entire community had to know he was a violent habitual offender, and the judges, and prosecutors in that area also knew how dangerous he was.

The Sheriff certainly knew. He kept arresting him for committing felonies then watching him get off time after time. Imo, the sheriff knew it was bound to happen no matter how many times he tried his best to get him off the streets so the citizens would be safe.

Jmhoo

At this point in time, you are fictionalizing their lives. Keven had numerous domestic battery cases against him; one where the woman was pregnant at the time. I don't consider that being salt of the earth, or the best type of people. Everyone makes mistakes and a violent death is a terrible thing but it doesn't bestow sainthood on them in death.

They are due justice just like anyone else. Their lives were cut short tragically by a psychopathic killer who probably hasn't a scintilla of remorse and is probably trying to hatch a way to skirt justice as I write this. They deserve justice, flawed or not. And their killers deserve to spend a good long time in prison to reflect on their crime. MOO IMO

I’m 50 so all of these people are kids to me and in some crazy way, I feel for the perps too. IF they are lucky, TJ will get life and the others will serve long sentences. It pains me to see young folks throw their lives away over some BS like this.

On another note, that DG video is very sad to watch. Damion reminds me of a local guy that I’ve known since he was a child and he is really a nice person. Watching him just make a normal transaction in a store knowing what happens is indeed hard.

I was just coming to say this. Wonderful that people came together to help these families.

FROSTPROOF, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has announced that Polk Sheriff’s Charities has received enough money to pay for all funeral expenses for the three families of three young men “massacred” during a fishing trip in Frostproof.

In a statement, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said “On behalf of Brandon, Damion, and Keven’s families, we would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support you have shown during this horrific situation.”

Sheriff Judd says the donations will be split equally among all three families.

Frostproof ‘massacre’ victims funeral expenses covered following ‘outpouring of support’ | WFLA

At this point in time, you are fictionalizing their lives. Keven had numerous domestic battery cases against him; one where the woman was pregnant at the time. I don't consider that being salt of the earth, or the best type of people. Everyone makes mistakes and a violent death is a terrible thing but it doesn't bestow sainthood on them in death.

They are due justice just like anyone else. Their lives were cut short tragically by a psychopathic killer who probably hasn't a scintilla of remorse and is probably trying to hatch a way to skirt justice as I write this. They deserve justice, flawed or not. And their killers deserve to spend a good long time in prison to reflect on their crime. MOO IMO

Thanks for this. That post really rubbed me the wrong way. They certainly didn't deserve what happened to them, but salt of the earth is a big reach considering some of their records and some of the things their peers have said.

I’m 50 so all of these people are kids to me and in some crazy way, I feel for the perps too. IF they are lucky, TJ will get life and the others will serve long sentences. It pains me to see young folks throw their lives away over some BS like this.

On another note, that DG video is very sad to watch. Damion reminds me of a local guy that I’ve known since he was a child and he is really a nice person. Watching him just make a normal transaction in a store knowing what happens is indeed hard.

Thank you @worm. I think everybody knows somebody good and kind that Damion reminds us of. I've been thinking the same watching him take care to put his debit card back inside his wallet before leaving the check stand. And to know minutes later his young life brutally taken from him by a man he was probably civil to only moments earlier at the store. It hurts my heart and my head. :eek:

Last edited:
Friday, July 24th:
*Subpeona Appearance (via video) (@ 10am ET) - FL – Damion Allen Tillman (23) Keven Michael Springfield(30) & Brandon C. Rollins (27) (July 17, 2020, Frostproof). Only for *Mary Clare Whittemore (27) TJ''s gf arrested (7/21/20) & charged (7/23/20) with 3 counts of accessory after the fact of a capital felony (F1). $45K bond for accessory ($15K for each count). Must wear GPS monitor upon release.
*Tony Lee J “TJ” Wiggins (26) aka John L. Wiggins arrested (7/20/20) & charged (7/23/20) with 3 counts of 1st degree capital murder, tampering with evidence (F3), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (F-2) & possession of ammunition by a convicted felon (F-2). Held without bond.
TJ Wiggins was recently arrested in March 2020 for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon & aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and was released on bond. Due to the fact that he committed crimes while out on bond, he violated his pretrial release conditions, and a Parker vs. State hold was applied (meaning he is not allowed to bond out on the new charges).
*William "Robert" Wiggins (21) TJ's bro arrested (7/21/20) & charged (7/23/20) with 3 counts of accessory after the fact of a capital felony & 1 count of tampering with evidence. $15K bond for accessory & $1K for tampering charge.
Crime info reference post #766 here:
FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

7/22/20 Update: All three suspects will have first appearance hearings at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 23, 2020.
7/23/20: Public defender waived the reading of charges for each individual. Each defendant spoke only to confirm they understood their charges. TJ no bond & arraignment set for 8/6/20 @ 1pm. Robert bond set at $15K for accessory & $1K for tampering charge and arraignment on 8/28/20 @ 1pm. Whittemore bond set at $45K for each count of accessory & must wear GPS monitor upon release & she can’t get public defender due to conflict of interest with TJ’s public defender & is to appear on 7/24/20 at 10am with new attorney for questioning under state subpoena. And arraignment on 8/24/20 @ 1pm.

I read the court documents this afternoon. I was astounded that three perpetrators living in close quarters had not even coordinated a general timeline of that evening. It wasn't as if the police showed up at 2am in hot pursuit. It was days later. Yet the initial account each one told LE when questioned separately differed from the others' accounts in major ways. I don't know what to make of that except that TJ may have had 230 charges but now I see why he was caught so often.

Last edited:
Earlier I could not get the "Print Case Summary" button to open the PDF. I was able to tonight. These are much easier to read than my screen clips.

Case ID Name

Here is the link:
Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Thanks for digging up all the case documents, PayrollNerd!

Here are the complete pdfs of the AA documents.

Attachments

• TLW AA-2020CF005654A000XX.PDF
    437.5 KB · Views: 48
  • WRW AA-2020CF005657A000XX.PDF
    900.4 KB · Views: 31
  • MCW AA-2020CF005655A000XX.PDF
    874.9 KB · Views: 36

Case ID Name

Here is the link:

Thanks for the case info and summary pages. And here are all of the lengthy arrest affidavits in a PDF format from your link. (For those that want to open in Adobe and read/save) The 12 page one for William has most of the information that is on the others, with the exception of the affidavit re gun possession by a felon TJ that is the last one and is 2 pages.

ETA: while doing this, I see @watergirl62 had the same idea (great minds, and all that ;):D) I had and beat me to it. I'll leave this post up also as I have one more.

ETA #2: Attaching case numbers/link in this post for future

Case ID Name

Attachments

• WilliamArrestAffidavit12pages.pdf
    897.4 KB · Views: 12
  • MaryArrestAffidavit.pdf
    872.4 KB · Views: 9
  • TJArrestAffidavit5pgs.pdf
    437.9 KB · Views: 9
  • TJArrestAffidavit2pgs.pdf
    91.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanks for the case info and summary pages. And here are all of the lengthy arrest affidavits in a PDF format from your link. (For those that want to open in Adobe and read/save) The 12 page one for William has most of the information that is on the others, with the exception of the affidavit re gun possession by a felon TJ that is the last one and is 2 pages.

ETA: while doing this, I see @watergirl62 had the same idea (great minds, and all that ;):D) I had and beat me to it. I'll leave this post up also as I have one more.
Thank you. It is always good to have additional resources. These documents look like they were cut/pasted and I had trouble following who was Defendant #1 in each because the pronouns seemed wrong. It's mind blowing to read all this and attempt to keep it straight in your head. I am trying to help @Niner keep up and I know she will appreciate everyone's help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752