FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name is William Robert, and goes by Robert. It's perhaps a southern thing or ??? . Many folks I know are known by their middle names, including both of my brothers, they used such from childhood. (Have no earthly idea why, right now is the first time I would like to ask my parents but both have been deceased for many many years).

Heck, I just realized that in addition to both my brothers, my mother also went by her middle name.

Ha, where is our social anthropologist that we have here on WS. Interesting.

I’m a southerner who goes by my middle name, married to one who also does. (REAL ID req were a nightmare!) Clearly NOT an anthropologist. :)

It most likely stems from a tradition of honoring ancestors in naming, coupled with families staying in close geographic areas that necessitates deviation.

My child bears names from GG-Grandparents. The 5th in my family for one name & like 6th of HIS generation for the other.

Southerners also like to include Moms maiden name or keep maiden name, likely coming from rural areas where all families know one another even if individuals don’t. This likely served different purposes for different classes back in the day.

My Mom always asked new people she met “who are your people”. Frequently followed by “is that the Smiths from Salem or the Ezra Smiths”. It was (mostly) never snotty, just seen as a way to further establish connection.

Obituary for Brandon C Rollins at Marion Nelson Funeral Home Inc.

NOTE: Brandon Rollins Obituary has been updated to include a 30 min video of memories. Great music and photos of a man that was somebody's son, brother, uncle, lover, and best friend. Kleenex required.

I'm so very sorry for BR's community, family, and friends.

Take note the White 2004 Ford F150 truck driven by Keven on Friday night was actually the property of Brandon's girlfriend. It was her truck! [AA pg 2]. Did Keven or Brandon borrow her truck often? Was this truck known to others? Were they leary of TJ and hoping not to be detected on Friday?

View attachment 256829

Driving his friends' girlfriends truck...Who knows.

But I was rewatching the DG video and it was just so very hinky the way Mary and TJ enter, then leave, then enter again.

Do I have all the times and people right on this mini timeline at Dollar General? NOTE: I don't think I'm right, looking for corrections as I haven't seen posted.

21:49:30 Robert? in red shirt enters DG
21:49:37 TJ and Mary enter (he in shirt with white emblem on left chest and she in white cap)
21:50:15 TJ and Mary exit store to outer right and stop as....
21:50:25 Damion passes by them and enters store from outer right
21:50:51 Mary re enters store
21:50:55 TJ re enters store
21:55:16 to :56 TJ behind Damion at cash register
21:56:25 Damion exits store
21:57:01 TJ exits store

I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Anyone who has ever posted with me knows my posts are never meant to be offensive to anyone.

I honestly didn't know any of those things about any of the victims when I made that post.

Again I sincerely apologize, but I do agree no one deserves to be massacred especially when they aren't doing anything wrong, and only out for the night to go fishing.

Jmho
Your post didn’t offend me. You are a kind person.

Frostproof scarred by killing of three friends: ‘Life here has changed forever.'

3GU6LCYPPRHYXHXK37QSSK57O4.JPG

July 24, 2020

6W5ANTLCTJC5BJ3Q3JY5O6ET3Y.jpg

Steenson moved to Frostproof from her home in Jacksonville about two years ago to live with Rollins and his family. He was a small-town boy with a heart of gold who loved hunting wild hogs and fishing in the cool of the night, she said. His best friends were the men he died with — Keven Springfield, 30, and Damion Tillman, 23. Where one would go, the others were sure to follow, Steenson said.

Rollins loved kids, loved his family, loved his dogs, and he loved her, she said. And even if he didn’t show it as much as he should have, he loved his dad.

“Whenever he was in trouble, Brandon would call his daddy,” Steenson said. “No matter what, he knew his daddy would make it right.”

If Steenson hadn’t been working the night of July 17, she likely would have gone with Rollins and his friends, she said.

The thought sent a shudder through a man standing beside the two women Wednesday, Jack Tillman, uncle of victim Damion Tillman. His brother, Damion’s father, planned to go fishing with his son that night, too. But the engine wouldn’t start on his Mercury Mountaineer.

“It had been running fine all day long,” Tillman said. “Damion just that morning went and got a new tag and insurance on it.”

Why their loved ones are dead, why they were spared, no one really knows.

“There are no answers, there are never gonna be any answers,” Jennifer Dennison said. “But life here has changed forever. I don’t know yet just how it’s changed, but things will never ever be the same in this town.”

[..]

Anyone you talk to in Frostproof was probably born nearby, said Keri Black, a longtime friend of Rollins and Springfield and the mother of five of Springfield’s eight children.

“Everybody knows everything about everybody in Frostproof, and I mean everything,” Black said. “For something like this to happen here, I’m not going to lie to you — it made everyone start to question everything. Everyone was looking at their friends and neighbors trying to figure out who could have done something so awful for no reason.”

[..]

How could this be happening here?”

It’s a question Jack Tillman wants answered.

Suspects T.J. Wiggins and his brother Robert grew up with the victims and went to school with them at Frostproof Middle-Senior High School, where the mother of Brandon Rollins works in the lunchroom.

“I’m going to be in that courtroom every day, staring them in the eyes,” Tillman said Wednesday. “They’re going to have nightmares about me.”

Black said Springfield’s children, ages 5 to 11, want answers, too. They ask her why every day.

She changes the subject, telling them about how their father, a mechanic, could take anything apart and put it back together. About how he walked around barefoot all the time and earned the nickname “No Shoes.” About the time he drove a three-wheeler for miles to reach her house even though the vehicle didn’t have a seat.

For Steenson, the question is what could have been. What would she and Rollins have named their child? What would have been her wedding colors?

“It’s not just that Brandon was the love of my life,” she said. “Brandon is the love of my life, and Keven and Damion were like my brothers.”

She’s not sure where she’ll turn next.

“I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I shared a room with the boy every night for the past two years, and now every 30 minutes I’m waking up thinking I hear him or see him walking in the door. But he’s not.”

Mary lists Tony Wiggin's father as her next of kin on her Booking Sheet:
View attachment 256838
I noticed that yesterday and found it quite odd. I guess if her and TJ were in a really long term relationship, "common law marriage" type thing, then I guess that may be reasonable. It just seems odd that she didn't list someone from her own family.

Two men had girlfriends' trucks.

It appears that the truck driven by bad guys was from a cousin, this truck later went to a car wash.

Kevin was driving the truck of Brandon's girl friend.

I think I have this right.

BR's girlfriend Jessica Steenson gave a lengthy interview to the Tampa Bay Times. She had to work on Friday night or she would have been along with BR, KS, and DT. (Maybe they drove Jessica's truck Friday because she was at work)?

Damion's dad was also supposed to go fishing with them on Friday night but his Mercury Mountainer wouldn't start. Damion had been driving it all morning -- and it was working fine. He got insurance and new tags on it for his dad.

The alleged killer and accomplices all grew up in Frostproof and attended Frostproof schools where Brandon's mom is the lunch lady. She fed her son's killers when they were in school. She made sure they had extra milk and fruit.

The community will never be the same. It's just not possible.

Frostproof scarred by killing of three friends: ‘Life here has changed forever.'

Thanks for those updates @PayrollNerd ! Much appreciated. I noticed I had TJ's arraignment date wrong... :rolleyes:

But one thing - you didn't actually "attach" Robert's stuff on that last post - I can't access the link you gave. Just wanted to make sure I had his arraignment date of 8/28 correct. The first one I read - had very small letters.

Thanks for those updates @PayrollNerd ! Much appreciated. I noticed I had TJ's arraignment date wrong... :rolleyes:

But one thing - you didn't actually "attach" Robert's stuff on that last post - I can't access the link you gave. Just wanted to make sure I had his arraignment date of 8/28 correct. The first one I read - had very small letters.

I'm not @PayrollNerd , yet I can assist. Magnified for us old folks! 8/28 it is for Robert

Magnified.JPG

https://pro.polkcountyclerk.net/PRO/PublicSearch/FindPublicCase

Last edited:
This has been on my mind too and I think any discussion they had about what’d happened ended when they left McDonald’s drive thru. Tj is dumb enough to believe his cousin’s truck and denying they were on Lake Streety Rd., would send detectives scrambling. He was too arrogant to hide his mini arsenal until the dust settled which is maybe the first thing a smart criminal out on bond would’ve done. He’s evil and in the habit of projecting his disregard for human life.
Right! He had 2 days to move his arsenal, hide it somewhere in the woods around the trailer. I considered whether he may have been on drugs in the days after the murder. But there is nothing in the documents showing evidence of drugs were found in either trailer. The only other way I can see him being that arrogant or stupid is that his brain development was stunted by in utero drug exposure, deprivation as a young child, and/or neglect or abuse.

RW may have fared better than his brother because of the age difference. He seems to be more responsible (job, maintains relationship with his child). Who knows about MCW. And yet they never agreed on a rudimentary timeline either. It's kind of general knowledge, I'd have thought, that felons cannot possess guns. Yet they all ignored TJ's gun safe in plain sight under the steps to the trailer.

It's like they murdered three people, got a huge amount of fast food, went home and pretended it never happened, even to each other. I get that RW and MCW might have been afraid of TJ. But so afraid they didn't even agree on a cover story?

There is no update for W Robert Wiggins which means his Case Summary 7/23/20 is the most current. If I get a chance, I will look later tonight for any updates.

Driving his friends' girlfriends truck...Who knows.

But I was rewatching the DG video and it was just so very hinky the way Mary and TJ enter, then leave, then enter again.

Do I have all the times and people right on this mini timeline at Dollar General? NOTE: I don't think I'm right, looking for corrections as I haven't seen posted.

21:49:30 Robert? in red shirt enters DG
21:49:37 TJ and Mary enter (he in shirt with white emblem on left chest and she in white cap)
21:50:15 TJ and Mary exit store to outer right and stop as....
21:50:25 Damion passes by them and enters store from outer right
21:50:51 Mary re enters store
21:50:55 TJ re enters store
21:55:16 to :56 TJ behind Damion at cash register
21:56:25 Damion exits store
21:57:01 TJ exits store

Yes... I mentioned this earlier. I think they were looking for Damion... and found him. I think the killer bought something to get right in line behind him. When he throws his arms up I think it is in like a 'whatever' gesture. Mad. Likely mentioned the truck stuff and Damion maybe said I don't know nothing about it.

Yes... I mentioned this earlier. I think they were looking for Damion... and found him. I think the killer bought something to get right in line behind him. When he throws his arms up I think it is in like a 'whatever' gesture. Mad. Likely mentioned the truck stuff and Damion maybe said I don't know nothing about it.

I don’t think the clerk reported it as being an angry encounter. As I said above, it looks to be a civil conversation and Damion freely turns his back to the guy as he is there. It just doesn’t seem to me that Damion acts as if he in fear or anything. I was wondering if he waved at TJ as he left the lot.

The whole case is so tragic, full of what ifs and could haves but the underlying cause is that an individual who has exhibited repeated violent antisocial behavior over and over again was free to walk around posing a clear and present danger to all who knew him. I can't wrap my head around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305