FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He used the same magazine, just put it back in the gun. RW and MW didn’t stop him because they were still in the truck they arrived in.

Thank you for joining us at WS @Katerz. I'm very sorry for your community and how you must feel seeing your friend in a horrible situation.

I've read RW's arrest affidavit and consolidated the information for my own clarity below. I don't know TJ or anybody like him but I am really struggling with the idea that he could control 3 men in the dark of night, who according to RW's account, seemingly waited their turn to die.

I have a hard time believing that RW and MW sat in the truck and when RW finally got out of the truck, everybody was dead.

I'm not comfortable asking questions directly-- especially about sibling relationships but appreciate any insight you can add to help me understand how this horrific event went down. Thanks.

From the Arrest Affidavits:

It's about a 6-minute drive from the Dollar General Store to the crime scene via Hwy 98W from Hwy 27.

After Robert left Dollar General, he turned and was driving East of Lake Streety Rd with passengers TJ and Mary. He passed Brandon and Keven (White 2004 Ford F150), and Damion (Red 1993 Chev S10) traveling westbound.

After passing the two trucks, Robert made a U-turn, as did Damion.

Damion stopped in the roadway with his driver window adjacent to the F150 driver window. Keven was driving and Brandon was seated as passenger.

Robert, TJ, and Mary pulled up directly behind Keven and Brandon (F150).

According to Robert:

TJ got out on the passenger side as Brandon got out of the passenger side shining a flashlight at TJ.

Brandon was reaching behind the seat when TJ started yelling "What are you reaching for," and rushed Brandon, pushing him into the open passenger door, pulling a gun from his waistband, yelling "Where is Keven."

Observing Keven seated on the driver's side, TJ walked behind the F150 to the driver's side window yelling over and over "Where's my truck" while pointing the gun at Brandon.

Keven is repeating he doesn't know where TJ's truck is, and Damion is telling TJ to put the gun down.

TJ reaches through the open driver's window and punches Keven in the face, and begins firing into the cab of the F150, spins around and begins firing into the cab of Damion's Chev truck.

Robert states that after the first shot was fired, he got out of the truck and ran towards TJ to try to stop him but the shooting was done before he could get to him.

TJ starts repeating "Where is it" and before Robert can begin searching the ground for an unknown object, TJ opened the driver's door of the F150 and Keven fell out of the truck to the ground as did the firearm magazine.

Robert told TJ the magazine was on the ground and to pick it up.

TJ asked Robert to help him put Damion inside the bed of the Chev truck, and Robert helped him as requested.

Mary never got out of the truck during the incident.

Robert and TJ got back inside their truck. Robert turned the truck around and began to drive East on Lake Streety Road with TJ and Mary.

As Robert was driving, TJ began to dismantle the gun and throw pieces outside the window towards Lake Sweety.

They drove to McDonalds in Lake Wales, Fl before returning to their residence.

Robert went to the car wash on Saturday morning and washed the clay from the vehicle he was driving on Friday night.

The only thing I believe is that Damion pleaded for TJ to put the gun down. I believe Damion pleaded for all of their lives.

Although I think TJ probably responsible for shooting all 3 victims, I think they were probably held up by Robert or Mary at gunpoint while TJ was raging with Keven. I don't believe TJ could control Keven, Brandon, and Damion all by himself and needed help from Robert or Mary to hold them up.

I don't believe Robert sat inside the truck until the first shot fired as he described.

It was very dark. Brandon had the flashlight. Brandon knew TJ had a gun.

If TJ approached and/or rushed Brandon first as stated by Robert, I think Brandon would have fought TJ and tried to get the gun away from him.
No way was Brandon going to sit and wait to be shot up. Brandon was going to go down fighting.

Brandon's body was found on the ground directly north of the F150. He did not get there being fired upon inside the truck cab as described by Robert.

Same with Damion. If TJ fired into the Chev cab, he would not have needed to be moved to the truck bed.

Keven's body was found directly south of the F150 -- that would be behind the truck and not outside the driver's door as Robert described Keven falling from when the driver's door opened.

MOO

Yes, I found that tough to get through especially when I saw all the photos of him as a little boy who appeared to be quite happy. He reminds me of some of the photos I have of my own son, when he was the same age, even though all children are one of a kind; but somehow it makes it harder for me to accept. All the future years that were stolen from Brandon, Keven and Damion is really hard to think about. And the families; it's impossible to know their sorrow.
I am very sorry you lost your good friend, Katerz. There really are no good enough words to express feelings sometimes.

I didn’t know Brandon, Keven or Damion. But their loss is hard for this little heartbeat of Florida. Grady Judd said it perfectly.. “What’s more wholesome than 3 best friends going fishing on a Friday night?”. I know William “Robert”. B, K and Damion’s lives were taken way too soon and my heart is broken for their families and everyone who knew them. I pray for them every night. I don’t understand what drove TJ to do this to them. He’s just a nasty person. Even though I’m associated with the family.. they need to pay for what they have done. It never had to come to this. Period.

If you scroll down to "Dockets" and select "ALL" for number of records, you can page search for the affidavits of the police officer involved.

And WOW so many of the long long list of charges in those two cases alone were nolle prosequi as part of a plea agreement.

Whoa, that really changes things. I just went back and started from scratch on the navigation and now I see more, and can see the PDF's I didn't before. You win the internet for two days then, not just one!

I'm just starting out on the one where all those counts were from, and now I understand. He went to a self storage place and broke in to a LOT of units.

Thank you so very much!

Thank you for joining us at WS @Katerz. I'm very sorry for your community and how you must feel seeing your friend in a horrible situation.

I've read RW's arrest affidavit and consolidated the information for my own clarity below. I don't know TJ or anybody like him but I am really struggling with the idea that he could control 3 men in the dark of night, who according to RW's account, seemingly waited their turn to die.

I have a hard time believing that RW and MW sat in the truck and when RW finally got out of the truck, everybody was dead.

I'm not comfortable asking questions directly-- especially about sibling relationships but appreciate any insight you can add to help me understand how this horrific event went down. Thanks.

It all happened in the span of 10 minutes. I am in no way condoning anything Robert did by any means. What I was told from someone suuuuuper close with him is that by the time he realized what was going on and got out to run to where the shootings occurred Damion and Keven were already deceased. I’m still trying to figure out why in the HECK Robert got out of the truck and helped put Damion in the truck. He’s not that stupid. It has me baffled like crazy because that just isn’t him.

It all happened in the span of 10 minutes. I am in no way condoning anything Robert did by any means. What I was told from someone suuuuuper close with him is that by the time he realized what was going on and got out to run to where the shootings occurred Damion and Keven were already deceased. I’m still trying to figure out why in the HECK Robert got out of the truck and helped put Damion in the truck. He’s not that stupid. It has me baffled like crazy because that just isn’t him.

I don't think he (Robert) had ever faced a situation remotely like this before - and, as you note, it all happened in an unbelievably short span of time with little to no warning. How was he supposed to even begin to process what had just happened?

I think in the confusion, his older brother told him to do something, probably not unlike he had a thousand times before (although not with a human body). "Hey, give me a hand here" - and stunned little brother unthinkingly complied.

I don't think he (Robert) had ever faced a situation remotely like this before - and, as you note, it all happened in an unbelievably short span of time with little to no warning. How was he supposed to even begin to process what had just happened?

I think in the confusion, his older brother told him to do something, probably not unlike he had a thousand times before (although not with a human body). "Hey, give me a hand here" - and stunned little brother unthinkingly complied.

that’s exactly how I feel it happened. And I mean I don’t know what was going on in HIS head but if my brother (who’s got a very violent history) just shot 3 people infront of me, I don’t know what I’d do. But in the end he helped, and he went to a car wash to clean the truck, and he concealed what happened.. so he needs to be punished for what he’s done. He had to of known something was about to go down though, because his brother has been vocal about his truck being “stolen” (reportedly. I knew about it but no one knows if it’s true) and the engine being sold.

The way I see it, TJ could have been the odd man out.

BR, DT, and KS all had their own transportation.

RW was driving. He had great control over the situation

What prevented RW from yelling out to the friends to GTF out of here -- TJ has a gun and everybody pull out and leave that crazy man on the road by himself.

If he was so hell-bent on smelling blood it should have been his own.

I'm sure you know that this is a thread full of pain and loss and no ill sentiment is directed at you.

We respect you for being here.

MOO

Last edited:
So how did he shoot Damion if he lost the magazine?

This is a good question because didn’t they say that TJ shot into the white truck, then “spun around” and opened fire in the red truck. So he must have turned back around and dropped the clip inn Ks truck?

I don’t find it hard to believe that TJ could control 3 people in the dark. I was once with a group when a girlfriend was mad at her boyfriend and she pulled a gun and I myself froze in place. I can 2nd guess it now but in that moment I froze. I did manage a little later to duck behind a car and begin to beg her to put it away. Thankfully she did and nobody was hurt. I can fully see these guys, who knew this mans reputation, being scared in place.

The way I see it, TJ could have been the odd man out.

BR, DT, and KS all had their own transportation.

RW was driving. He had great control over the situation

What prevented RW from yelling out to the friends to GTF out of there -- TJ has a gun and everybody pull out and leave that crazy man on the road by himself.

If he was so hell-bent on smelling blood it should have been his own.

I'm sure you know that this is a thread full of pain and loss and no ill sentiment is directed at you.

We respect you for being here.
MOO

you’re fine! I agree. It never should have come down to 3 people losing their lives over a beef over a pick up truck and an engine. TJ had made threats around town that if he ever caught Keven then he was going to handle it. If there was no gun involved then yes they could have overpowered TJ.

I still don't understand the order of such, as Brandon had a gunshot wound to his back. How could that have happened if the other gunshot wounds were from someone shooting from the left side. The only thing I can fathom is that he was being shot at, and he got hit twice and then he turned to get out of the truck and therefore his back was to the shooter. I'm sure his father has more information as to such (shots vs. "static" on the line when he called?)

From all the cases I've followed, he was shot from the drivers side at one point (all shots entered his left side)... then was shot after he was laying on the ground outside of the truck or as he turned to escape fire MOO as how can one get shot in the back if you are sitting in the seat.

Gosh, I feel awful discussing this with an insider who is a long term WS member from way back.

So sorry.

Please forgive us as we all speak of things that is "what we do here" to work through scenarios, but is hurting you in your heart.

you’re fine! I agree. It never should have come down to 3 people losing their lives over a beef over a pick up truck and an engine. TJ had made threats around town that if he ever caught Keven then he was going to handle it. If there was no gun involved then yes they could have overpowered TJ.

I did not know of the threats.

Dagger through the heart -- Keven must have known he was a dead
man when he saw TJ.

BR and DT were not going to leave Keven behind.

Robert said Damion plead with TJ to put the gun down. I think Damion plead for all of their lives. :(

I learned today from Damion's Uncle that Damion's Daddy was also supposed to be with them on Friday night but his truck wouldn't start. Damion drove it all morning and it was working fine. Damion got tags for it on Friday.

I want to clear something up because I had remembered things differently after reading the affidavit yesterday.
(So, if we are to take RW's word for anything.) RW stated in the affidavit (Page 4... First 2 paragraphs) ... That all 3 victims had been shot and only then did TW begin frantically looking for the missing magazine to his gun. That really makes the most sense because I don't think there's anyway that Damion would have sat in his truck patiently waiting while TW went on a hunt for his missing bullets. No... poor Damion was already on the road and already dead at the point in time.
ETA: clarity

Last edited:
I still don't understand the order of such, as Brandon had a gunshot wound to his back. How could that have happened if the other gunshot wounds were from someone shooting from the left side. The only thing I can fathom is that he was being shot at, and he got hit twice and then he turned to get out of the truck and therefore his back was to the shooter. I'm sure his father has more information as to such (shots vs. "static" on the line when he called?)

From all the cases I've followed, he was shot from the drivers side at one point (all shots entered his left side)... then was shot after he was laying on the ground outside of the truck or as he turned to escape fire MOO as how can one get shot in the back if you are sitting in the seat.

Gosh, I feel awful discussing this with an insider who is a long term WS member from way back.

So sorry.

Please forgive us as we all speak of things that is "what we do here" to work through scenarios, but is hurting you in your heart.

Brandon was found on the ground by his father when he arrived. So in my opinion as a nonexpert on.. anything lol.. I think maybe he was trying to get out of the truck as the bullets were being shot into the vehicle. I just can’t imagine the last thoughts running through his head while waiting on his dad to come save him. It breaks my heart.

I did not know of the threats.

Dagger through the heart -- Keven must have known he was a dead
man when he saw TJ.

BR and DT were not going to leave Keven behind.

Robert said Damion plead with TJ to put the gun down. I think Damion plead for all of their lives. :(

I learned today from Damion's Uncle that Damion's Daddy was also supposed to be with them on Friday night but his truck wouldn't start. Damion drove it all morning and it was working fine. Damion got tags for it on Friday.

Damion and Brandon were at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wish so much that they weren’t there. And Keven didn’t die. And Brandon didn’t die. And Damion didn’t die.

Do we know if Keven actually sold any truck engine of TJ's or if TJ just thought he did that?
Just wondering if there really was a "reason" for any of this.

And did Robert really text his girlfriend during all of this?

The truck being stolen was never reported to the police. Honestly that’s not how people like TJ handle things. They resort to violence. He’s been violent towards people that was never even reported to the police. He almost killed someone while they were pregnant. I knew about the truck situation that happened quite a while ago. I also knew about the arm being broken with a crowbar. I knew before they were arrested about the trip to mcdonalds. Infact I even made a comment to a close member of the family (because at that time I couldn’t fathom that they did this) that if they were to be arrested they needed to get the traffic cam videos from along HWY 27 from dollar general to the McDonald’s they bought the food from to show they couldn’t POSSIBLY have time to get from DG to McDonald’s during a murder.. Because I just couldn’t see WHY they would do this. But obviously they did. TJ obviously had plans to hurt Keven at some point (from his own mouth around town), but that night I don’t believe he had intentions to do it (THAT NIGHT) until he heard Damion say Keven would be at the lake. But they often drove around with a gun in the truck when they used it.

As far as Robert texting his girlfriend, I’m sure he was. They were in the process of getting back together which was official the day after the murders.

The truck being stolen was never reported to the police. Honestly that’s not how people like TJ handle things. They resort to violence. He’s been violent towards people that was never even reported to the police. He almost killed someone while they were pregnant. I knew about the truck situation that happened quite a while ago. I also knew about the arm being broken with a crowbar. I knew before they were arrested about the trip to mcdonalds. Infact I even made a comment to a close member of the family (because at that time I couldn’t fathom that they did this) that if they were to be arrested they needed to get the traffic cam videos from along HWY 27 from dollar general to the McDonald’s they bought the food from to show they couldn’t POSSIBLY have time to get from DG to McDonald’s during a murder.. Because I just couldn’t see WHY they would do this. But obviously they did. TJ obviously had plans to hurt Keven at some point (from his own mouth around town), but that night I don’t believe he had intentions to do it (THAT NIGHT) until he heard Damion say Keven would be at the lake. But they often drove around with a gun in the truck when they used it.

As far as Robert texting his girlfriend, I’m sure he was. They were in the process of getting back together which was official the day after the murders.
Ok thanks very much. So there really was an issue with a truck?
I'm sorry you are having to deal with the shock of all of this.

Damion and Brandon were at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wish so much that they weren’t there. And Keven didn’t die. And Brandon didn’t die. And Damion didn’t die.

Actually, it was TJ that was at the wrong place. Lake Streety Road leading to the trios fishing spot was their own piece of heaven and you should be able to take your last breath wherever you felt most alive. TJ was an intruder, he didn't belong there, and he'll never step foot out there again! :cool:

Having verification of this, I'm now more going with my hinkey meter when I did the timing of the Dollar General.

BTW, was Robert the first one in the video to walk into the Dollar Store?

Do I have all the times and people right on this mini timeline at Dollar General? NOTE: I don't think I'm right, looking for corrections as I haven't seen posted.

21:49:30 Robert? in red shirt enters DG
21:49:37 TJ and Mary enter (he in shirt with white emblem on left chest and she in white cap)
21:50:15 TJ and Mary exit store to outer right and stop as....
21:50:25 Damion passes by them and enters store from outer right
21:50:51 Mary re enters store
21:50:55 TJ re enters store
21:55:16 to :56 TJ behind Damion at cash register
21:56:25 Damion exits store
21:57:01 TJ exits store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online