FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM for focus.

I am not sure that I believe the brother's account fully. It makes no sense that while the killer was shooting into the first pickup that there was only one of the victims saying put the gun down....It just sits wrong with me. He is shooting, why would telling him to stop be effective or decided upon. I think the killer and his brother have hatched a plan to keep the brother out of a murder rap.

The brother drove down the road and turned around. Why turn around?
Why take Damion off the ground or out of the driver seat? I would make more sense to me that he was confronted first and killed before the other two drove up.
The part about the flash light might be true. But, I would think killers re-approached the scene and Keven and Brandon were looking for signs of Damion.
If Brandon was shot first, why would Keven still be in the vehicle as he came around the truck to get him? Why would Damion still be in the truck? Shots are fired--one attempts to fight or flee--you just don't sit and say don't shoot.

Something isn't right about the brother's account, except that it means he will get limited jail time and a bond. It is hard for me to believe that he threw his brother under the murder bus and had such a limited roll. He had to have known the gun was in the truck b/c it was a cousin's truck he was driving. So how could he be surprised that his brother was taking it out.

This. I don't believe we have a complete and coherent account yet.

I've seen one account that claims that the shooters waited for and followed both trucks after leaving the store. At least one early account suggested that BR/KS arrived to find Damion being beaten up and tried to intervene.

I can believe that neither MW or RW thought TJ was going to actually shoot anyone. He's been in trouble for years, but I don't recall mention of him actually firing a weapon at anyone. I don't think even he knew he was going to start firing until he did.

I don't believe little brother has done hard time and I believe TJ will do whatever he can to protect him.

I don't understand why Damion's body was moved - I don't recall seeing confirmation from LE that his body was found in the pickup bed. I wonder if the killers briefly thought about loading the bodies up and 'disappearing' all the evidence.

I'm also curious as to why the killers' truck had to be cleaned the next day. Just a routine weekly car wash, easy peasy for people who live without running water or spare cash for a car wash? I doubt it.

This. I don't believe we have a complete and coherent account yet.

I've seen one account that claims that the shooters waited for and followed both trucks after leaving the store. At least one early account suggested that BR/KS arrived to find Damion being beaten up and tried to intervene.

I can believe that neither MW or RW thought TJ was going to actually shoot anyone. He's been in trouble for years, but I don't recall mention of him actually firing a weapon at anyone. I don't think even he knew he was going to start firing until he did.

I don't believe little brother has done hard time and I believe TJ will do whatever he can to protect him.

I don't understand why Damion's body was moved - I don't recall seeing confirmation from LE that his body was found in the pickup bed. I wonder if the killers briefly thought about loading the bodies up and 'disappearing' all the evidence.

I'm also curious as to why the killers' truck had to be cleaned the next day. Just a routine weekly car wash, easy peasy for people who live without running water or spare cash for a car wash? I doubt it.
Each perp gave a different version of events. The Affidavits are online and very detailed. TJWs is 5 pages, WRWs is 12 pages, MCWs is 11 pages. They were too large to upload here. You can go to the Polk County, FL court site you can open them.

ETA: corrected initials, sorry! William Robert Wiggins (WRW) and Mary Clare Whittemore (MCW)

Last edited:
I've wondered if they were interrupted by Brandon's dad's truck lights coming up the road. And if they'd had more time would they have removed the 2 trucks along w/ all 3 bodies. I think Brandon's dad played a pretty important role in getting this case wrapped up so quickly and I also suspect Brandon told him who was there at the scene causing mayhem.
moo

It's interesting you said that. I've been trying to figure out why TJ wanted DT's body to be placed into his own truck bed. KS's and BR's bodies were also on the ground and they weren't placed inside a truck or in the truck bed. It's made no sense to me at all that TS was placed into his truck... but, if TJ's goal was to place all the poor guys back into trucks and then maybe see about trying to hide evidence of bodies and trucks, etc... it makes sense. I do believe he's dumb enough to think something like that might "work." Get rid of the bodies and hide the trucks while stripping them for parts to sell as one possibility.

Last edited:
I just saw worm's comment about the bodies and the idea of the suspects being interrupted.
Thank you @lisaNYC , that was quite a read.

I have to wonder why Wiggins found the need to place Damion in the back of a truck while leaving the others on the ground where they fell?

I’m sure LE has or will find the pieces of that gun that were thrown out. That’s a new reveal too as initially we were told they went to an “undisclosed location” to strip the gun. My guess is the sheriff kept those cards close to keep anyone from finding the weapon.

The suspects actually had 3 drivers; one driver for each of 3 vehicles. I think you hit that nail dead on, worm. Had they not been interrupted, they would have placed the other two victims into the back of BR's truck bed and all 3 driven out of there... leaving nothing but blood, cartridges and tire tracks, and gun parts behind, imo.

This comment is speculation and jmo with help from member; worm.

It's interesting you said that. I've been trying to figure out why TJ wanted DT's body to be placed into his own truck bed. KS's and BR's bodies were also on the ground and they weren't placed inside a truck or in the truck bed. It's made no sense to me at all that TS was placed into his truck... but, if TJ's goal was to place all the poor guys back into trucks and then maybe see about trying to hide evidence of bodies and trucks, etc... it makes sense. I do believe he's dumb enough to think something like that might "work." Get rid of the bodies and hide the trucks while stripping them for parts to sell as one possibility.

I'm going to read all three affidavits this evening so until then, I don't know if they offer any details about Damion and why he was placed inside of his truckbed.

I recall Damion's GMC was front-facing forward so the truckbed would be furthest from view of the side by side trucks stopped in the middle of the road (crime scene photos).

Maybe moving Damion to his truckbed was as simple as he was blocking the road and they got him out of the way for the Wiggins truck to leave the scene.

Whatever the reason, it sure was not out of love, kindness, or respect. MOO

Yes I perceived that he was bringing a cigarette up to his mouth a few times, as though he needed a smoke right there, after he did the arm raising and neck thing. Seemed wound up as tight as a spring, after hearing that Keven was going to be there imo
Thank you. I'm not familiar with South Florida but I thought smoking inside public places (including Dollar General) illegal and why I had to ask.

Yes I perceived that he was bringing a cigarette up to his mouth a few times, as though he needed a smoke right there, after he did the arm raising and neck thing. Seemed wound up as tight as a spring, after hearing that Keven was going to be there imo
This gesture is just one more reason I suspect he was under the influence of a mind altering substance. Who can’t wait 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette?

Each perp gave a different version of events. The Affidavits are online and very detailed. TJWs is 5 pages, WRWs is 12 pages, MCWs is 11 pages. They were too large to upload here. You can go to the Polk County, FL court site you can open them.

ETA: corrected initials, sorry! William Robert Wiggins (WRW) and Mary Clare Whittemore (MCW)
I thought

I thought WRW was the only one who actually "talked".

I wonder if Damion may have fought over the gun, as he was being shot, and that was how the magazine got dropped into the Red pick-up. That was how his body came to be outside of the pick-up truck. It fell out as TJ was looking for the magazine, as reported by Robert.

TJ may have have had Robert help him put Damion's body in the bed of the Red pick up truck, so that a passer-by would not see bodies. However, the police report, we have seen, says that the bodies from the White Pick-up were found on the ground, at different ends of the White Pick-up. Could either, or both of those guys have survived long enough to have gotten out of the truck, and fall down? MOO

Last edited:
^^SBM

Sheriff Judd commented on this during the presser:

Wiggins were driving a vehicle owned by somebody else on Friday night and she was quite upset when they attempted to return it caked in red clay so they washed it.

When asked if they cleaned the interior, RW lied and said no. According to LE, there's evidence they attempted to clean up blood inside the truck cab.

That is likely @pepper 34 . Given the time frame and that being so isolated, they could probably hear Mr Rollins truck from a distance.
As someone indicated in an earlier post that TJ likely didn’t know he was going to shoot until he did and I tend to agree. The report said that he was screaming about the truck so he likely, with his lack of control, just acted in the moment. That’s a heck of a reason to get Life or possibly Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆