FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew a diagram as was so confusing.

The road went east to west.

The red truck was on the south side of the road heading east with the drivers side facing north, the white truck was headed west and on the north side of the street with the drivers side facing south.

So Kevin is in the road outside the drivers side of the white truck (south side of white truck) and outside the drivers side of the red truck (north side of the red truck)
Thanks @dixiegirl1035 -- I think I need to draw myself a diagram too. My brain needs north to be in at the front bumper of the vehicle and south at the rear. o_O

I read the court documents this afternoon. I was astounded that three perpetrators living in close quarters had not even coordinated a general timeline of that evening. It wasn't as if the police showed up at 2am in hot pursuit. It was days later. Yet the initial account each one told LE when questioned separately differed from the others' accounts in major ways. I don't know what to make of that except that TJ may have had 230 charges but now I see why he was caught so often.
This has been on my mind too and I think any discussion they had about what’d happened ended when they left McDonald’s drive thru. Tj is dumb enough to believe his cousin’s truck and denying they were on Lake Streety Rd., would send detectives scrambling. He was too arrogant to hide his mini arsenal until the dust settled which is maybe the first thing a smart criminal out on bond would’ve done. He’s evil and in the habit of projecting his disregard for human life.

I have to wonder if they are getting any info from MW this morning. TJ has to know what his brother has already told them so I’m sure they are separated in jail.
Can someone explain to me why a magazine would end up in Keven's vehicle? Is it from TJ's gun? Or was it a magazine from a weapon inside Keven's vehicle?

I'm not familiar with the weapon TJ used but if he ran out of bullets and changed out a magazine to continue shooting that could mean he was planning the murder, that it wasn't a spur of the moment act. Unless it's normal behavior to drive around with extra magazines, I don't know.

I'm also wondering whether the images we see of the two trucks is many hours after first responders came and the ME etc. I wondered if one of them had been moved by LE to attend the bodies. Is it possible that the vehicles were much closer together when DT and KS stopped to talk driver to driver?

Just a guess but TJ probably accidentally let his thumb hit the button on the grip to eject the mag. It’s just a little metal clip that holds the mag and they usually have a spring that pushed it out. He was raging, punching, and then shooting and with all that going on, he must have ejected the clip. It leads me to think he must have reached into the truck while shooting, such close range.

So.... nothing on Whittemore's hearing? TIA!
bonjourr.gif

up to date! :D

Was it a court hearing or just a disposition type interview? I’d like to know if they got anywhere with her too.

Can someone explain to me why a magazine would end up in Keven's vehicle? Is it from TJ's gun? Or was it a magazine from a weapon inside Keven's vehicle?

I'm not familiar with the weapon TJ used but if he ran out of bullets and changed out a magazine to continue shooting that could mean he was planning the murder, that it wasn't a spur of the moment act. Unless it's normal behavior to drive around with extra magazines, I don't know.

I'm also wondering whether the images we see of the two trucks is many hours after first responders came and the ME etc. I wondered if one of them had been moved by LE to attend the bodies. Is it possible that the vehicles were much closer together when DT and KS stopped to talk driver to driver?

Just a guess but with all that was going on, TJ must have hit the button with his thumb to eject the mag. It’s just a little metal spring loaded clip that hold the mag in. It leads me to think he was holding the gun in the cab while shooting at such close range for it to drop inside the truck.

A few things that make me go hmmmm when reading the arrest affidavits, so below is ONLY going off their *cough* story.

#1) Bad guys' story, supposedly came in on the road traveling east bound, passing BOTH victims trucks which supposedly were going west bound. Huh? How fast were they going to pass two trucks on a clay road? To have come in from the opposite direction, they sure indeed know to go past the first cutoff and go to the second one to come in from the other way? (not sure on this, has anyone done a mapping of where it was that they turned per AA's?)
#2) Bad guys were scoping it out and perhaps said "that is them, turn around!" and did a u-turn which put them going west bound (small town, they knew Kevin's truck? But if so, why did they say where is Kevin when they went to passenger side?)
#3) Per William Robert, after he passed them the red truck going west bound did u-turn to be east bound and the 3 victims were then driver side to driver side
#4) Which direction did Brandon's dad come in from? The road was essentially blocked, and the bad guys did a u-turn to head out going east.
#5) The reason I ask is why did they so QUICKLY throw out the gun on that road while exiting east. Is it because they passed the dad coming in from the east direction they were heading, or because they say the headlights of dad coming in from the west, which they had no idea if it was LE or ? if they just saw headlights coming in from the west. I just don't understand why throw out gun so so close to the crime scene unless you think you are going to be immediately pulled over (hmmm, but then again he was covered in blood as evidenced by the victims blood I think on the passenger seat?)

Little stuff that makes me ponder.

Oh yeah.. other things

22:06 Brandon call to dad
22:35 William Robert texted his girlfriend (hmmmm, what was said)
22:41 911 phone call from dad/clerk's daughter

When did they get the truck that they were driving?

Why did the alibi's not have all say/change to that they were dropping off nephew the hours before. Why were they trying to cover up/state such as that timing had nothing to do with the murder?

Take note the White 2004 Ford F150 truck driven by Keven on Friday night was actually the property of Brandon's girlfriend. It was her truck! [AA pg 2]. Did Keven or Brandon borrow her truck often? Was this truck known to others? Were they leary of TJ and hoping not to be detected on Friday?

upload_2020-7-24_9-47-5.png

Just a guess but with all that was going on, TJ must have hit the button with his thumb to eject the mag. It’s just a little metal spring loaded clip that hold the mag in. It leads me to think he was holding the gun in the cab while shooting at such close range for it to drop inside the truck.

Thank you for your kind words, and understanding my honest mistake. At least you did it thoughtfully which makes me feel you know it was an honest mistake on my part. So thank you so much. Unfortunately some would rather just pounce instead of giving me a chance to explain, and even when I do it's not good enough. :(

I missed the links about the victims past history including any criminal offenses.

I didn't even know they were linked on here. I still haven't read them so would you please be so kind Bran to link them again so I can read them? TIA!

I just assumed (yes a bad thing to do I know) that like in the past Tricia has wanted us to remain a victim friendly site, so I wasn't aware information had been linked here about the victims past criminal history. I shouldn't have assumed though. I've just followed what SJudd has so passionately said about the three young men.

What about the other two young men?

I am a DV abuse survivor myself from the horrific abuses I endured during my first marriage of over 10 years... that came very close to me losing my own life... when I was in ICU with a blood clot on my brain along with several other serious imjuries.

I wouldn't ever KNOWINGLY support anyone who hurts anyone whether it's male DV abusers or a female DV abusers. And I certainly wouldn't when it comes to parents who do such cruel abuses to their own children.

Anyone who has posted with me for way over a decade knows I'm a very strong advocate for those who have been abused as an adult, and/or during their childhood, which I was also subjected to from the age of 5 years old until almost to the age of 16.

Jmho

I am terribly sorry for what you went through, Oceanblueeyes.

I have followed your posts for years, and when I read your post, I knew that you were lacking some background.

That being said, you were obviously being very kind, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

Take note the White 2004 Ford F150 truck driven by Keven on Friday night was actually the property of Brandon's girlfriend. It was her truck! [AA pg 2]. Did Keven or Brandon borrow her truck often? Was this truck known to others? Were they leary of TJ and hoping not to be detected on Friday?

View attachment 256829
great thinking Seattle1,
or did Keven and Brandon not own a truck or car currently? Or not have a working vehicle?

Was it a court hearing or just a disposition type interview? I’d like to know if they got anywhere with her too.
Suspects in Frostproof triple-murder appear in court

FROSTPROOF, Fla. - The first court appearance for three people charged in the deaths of three fishing buddies in Frostproof took place Thursday afternoon.

Tony "TJ" Wiggins, 26, accused of pulling the trigger and murdering the three victims, received a no bond status. The judge gave TJ's girlfriend, 27-year-old Mary Whittemore, a $45 bond -- $15,000 for each accessory to murder charge -- and ordered her to wear a GPS monitor upon release. She also received a subpoena for an investigative interview Friday morning.

Subpoena for an interview this morning..

Yes - THANK YOU all that posted all those documents! :)

So - like 45 minutes until Whittemore is up for her hearing? Did I calculate that right?!! :D

So.... nothing on Whittemore's hearing? TIA!
bonjourr.gif

Got to keep my notes up to date! :D

Good morning @Niner -- MW is not having a court hearing today. She was scheduled to be deposed at the Sheriff's office.

The only reason we had knowledge is because the Public Defender's office was trying to find a private attorney for her that accepts state appointments and the issue came up during yesterday's first appearance. They were expediting the attorney request because MW needed representation before the depo.

Good morning @Niner -- MW is not having a court hearing today. She was scheduled to be deposed at the Sheriff's office.

The only reason we had knowledge is because the Public Defender's office was trying to find a private attorney for her that accepts state appointments and the issue came up during yesterday's first appearance. They were expediting the attorney request because MW needed representation before the depo.

Ah! Thank you for the explanation! I will change my notes! :)

I think Brandon being able to phone his father during this crime was absolutely critical.

I think those 3 would have taken the 2 trucks of the victims, and their bodies, but for Brandon's Dad arriving.

I also think they would have still been caught, due to the video evidence, but, things could have gone down much differently.

The biggest play for the defense teams will be the timeline, I think. If the Crown presents all the details of what went down, it seems almost impossible for everything to have happened 10 minutes after the Dollar General video, because even with a 6 minute travel time from DG to the lake, that leaves a mere 4 minutes before Brandon's call.

I think Brandon being able to phone his father during this crime was absolutely critical.

I think those 3 would have taken the 2 trucks of the victims, and their bodies, but for Brandon's Dad arriving.

I also think they would have still been caught, due to the video evidence, but, things could have gone down much differently.

The biggest play for the defense teams will be the timeline, I think. If the Crown presents all the details of what went down, it seems almost impossible for everything to have happened 10 minutes after the Dollar General video, because even with a 6 minute travel time from DG to the lake, that leaves a mere 4 minutes before Brandon's call.
It's actually the State of Florida who will prosecute - and the timeline is critical IMO - they have the video timestamp and the cell phone timestamp - everything in between seems to be the murder and the killers fleeing the scene.
JMO

Attachments

• Case Summary MCW 7-24-20.pdf
    679.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Attachments

• Case Summary TJW 7-24-20.pdf
    712.2 KB · Views: 16
The only thing I believe is that Damion pleaded for TJ to put the gun down. I believe Damion pleaded for all of their lives.

Although I think TJ probably responsible for shooting all 3 victims, I think they were probably held up by Robert or Mary at gunpoint while TJ was raging with Keven. I don't believe TJ could control Keven, Brandon, and Damion all by himself and needed help from Robert or Mary to hold them up.

I don't believe Robert sat inside the truck until the first shot fired as he described.

It was very dark. Brandon had the flashlight. Brandon knew TJ had a gun.

If TJ approached and/or rushed Brandon first as stated by Robert, I think Brandon would have fought TJ and tried to get the gun away from him.
No way was Brandon going to sit and wait to be shot up. Brandon was going to go down fighting.

Brandon's body was found on the ground directly north of the F150. He did not get there being fired upon inside the truck cab as described by Robert.

Same with Damion. If TJ fired into the Chev cab, he would not have needed to be moved to the truck bed.

Keven's body was found directly south of the F150 -- that would be behind the truck and not outside the driver's door as Robert described Keven falling from when the driver's door opened.

MOO

(snipped for brevity)

I think there's a possibility that the killers intended to load all bodies into the trucks for disposal. I don't know why - perhaps the impending arrival of Brandon's father - but I think they abandoned this plan and took off. That would explain why the location of the bodies outside the truck doesn't agree with the story about them being shot while inside the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken