GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks miss Congeniality you just made my day. I had a feeling that if Wendi was known to own (305)934-6615 then it would have been bigger than BEN HUR earlier on. I still think she had a second phone and that number perhaps has never been discovered. It ties in with what Rivera saw and the fact that the FSP have never accosted her with making that call or being able to prove she tried to make a call. I would make complete sense that she had a last ditch emergency phone for such calls.
Personally I suspect you are stalking horse for the Adelsons ..... have a nice day . Kidon Gadol Thax for the transcript ref and by the way Google searches work differently - depending on the I P address they are run from.

Use of an interstate TELECOMS operator to facilitate conspiracy to Murder (Federal crime I am sure )

(954) 980-9032 (Harvey Adelson 's number ) Cellphone by New Cingular Wireless Pcs, LLC -this company is a retailer for AT&T network. This is the cell phone number of Harvey Adelson - now reallocated to Christopher Stride.
(954) 803 NUMBERS - all Broward (954) 803 numbers appear to be managed by At&T mobility based on internet searches done here . Wendi's phone number, (954) 803 0079 is/was one such number.

Useful fact the AT&T registered office is in Texas. Telecoms therefore have gone through an interstate based provider

I am sure the Donna telephone number 396 -0097 could be traced to an AT&T provider but in a sense that is irrelevant, as Wendi has to call her via the interstate based AT&T anyway.

So if the state case were to fail the case could still be tried on the basis of a NEW Federal case. When it's over it still ain't over.. it depend on how much push the Markel family have in the case.

Who is out there who knows of previous case law in cases like this ?? Kidon Gadol

BTW the State Attorney Jack Campbell, has been apprised of all this just in case we go under a bus :) !

Last edited:
You are correct. See The Dan Markel Case: A Notable New Document

'166C-JK' indicates "Interstate Transportation in Aid of Racketeering (Murder for Hire, Other than Organized Crime)- Investigation based in Jacksonville, FL. This doesn't mean the feds will prosecute this case, they usually just support local law enforcement.

There are 25 FBI agents and dozens of investigators working the case. I really doubt you're coming up with anything that they or Jack Campbell missed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.56.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.56.02 AM.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.07.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.07.27 AM.png
    469.4 KB · Views: 14
Dear confused Miami Lady -

Not only do you doubt our ability to come up with the goods but our mate Jacko Campbell has sent one if us a "don't step over the county line" type of email - how's that for brotherly love, a team pulling in the same direction and all that... Oh there have been a few stuff ups already by the prosecution and this highly competent team of investigators , but the digging the Prius out of the haystack of electronic messages and data was a real coup.

If you make it a Federal case for the prosecution of the remaining pieces of crap (humanoids) then there is no doubt that Amy Adler can be forced out of NYC down to FL to give evidence. As a state case that's harder to do and she is in position to state what Wendi knew of Dan Markel's travel plans just prior to the murder . I was hoping for some legal opinion on the conspiracy issue from a formally US trained reader. Here's the relevant statute -

Federal law - Title 18 PART I CHAPTER 51 § 1117 18 U.S. Code § 1117 - Conspiracy to murder U.S. Code "If two or more persons conspire to violate section 1111, 1114, 1116, or 1119 of this title, and one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life."

- interesting - not life without possibility of parole, simply - for life.
==================================================================

Comment : interstate TELECOMS operation (AT & T) to facilitate conspiracy to Murder - hence Federal Jurisdiction as per law quote above.

I am of various minds as to why that call that Wendi made or tried to make (Rivera allegation) on the afternoon of the 17th when she had just seen the killer Prius * and SG and L. Rivera inside. One of them is that the police indeed have a captured record of this call but they don't want to release it during the trial of Magbanua because they don't want to show their hand to Wendi and the prosecutors want her as a "useful " witness.

** It might have been the killer Prius , but that did not stop old Garcia doing his best to put a 38 cal slug through the engine block. He must have had some hatred for that damn car. - - I can't imagine the look that Rivera gave him after the smoke and noise from that revolver blast had cleared :)) !!

all the best , KidonG

Clarification -

Quote from previous message -
I am of various minds as to why that call that Wendi made or tried to make (Rivera allegation) on the afternoon of the 17th when she had just seen the killer Prius * and SG and L. Rivera inside.

Should have the words- is missing from the Police Forensic record " following it. It's obvious what I mean but That correction makes it explicit. I must have been so excited about the joke to come about S. Garcia murdering the engine block of the car that I dropped the last bit of typing. So it goes in WebSleuthland...

All the best , Kidon Gadol.

Amy Adler's already listed as a witness, federal courts don't have parole, and they don't need telecom jurisdiction because it's already established as listed above.
Anything that that the prosecution is holding back is for good reason, and the idea that a rando who doesn't understand our legal system is going to help the prosecution over the internet is frankly bizarre.

I am not randy not rando and not even bizarre. I am the slayer of evil and beheader of evil doers. It's in my name. Look it up. BTW Cappelman needs all the help she can get - she comes across as a bit fking lame and inadequate but that 's perhaps the slow pace of life of the Florida Woman. Where is Adler listed ??. I was going to read her her moral responsibilities B'Ivrit and now after what you have said.. this is now forbidden - alas such is life. The question is why Adler the eagle lady was not a witness in MarkI of the trial - it is not as if she fell out of the clouds yesterday. She was known about as a potential witness esp as to what WJA knew about the timing of D Markels movements - from the get go.

Just for that Wonnerful (sic) insight as to future progress you get the magic prize - a virtual ride over TLV, Isr. BTW some of what S Nobles said in testimony is missing from the transcript that you sent. Why - because Cappelman was talking over him as he said it (it was about the size of the hose that was bought for the fuel line repair).

Last edited:
my Joy that Adler is going to testify - if she says that right material of course ----

rock'n rolling over Tel Aviv at the Israeli and US taxpayers' expense

KidonGadol, are you intentionally being nasty with anyone who disagrees with you, or corrects you? Also, the Florida Woman comment is uncalled for, rude and unkind.

Amy Adler's already listed as a witness, federal courts don't have parole, and they don't need telecom jurisdiction because it's already established as listed above.Anything that that the prosecution is holding back is for good reason, and the idea that a rando who doesn't understand our legal system is going to help the prosecution over the internet is frankly bizarre.
Confused Miami Lady - As per my previous (And it is not that I don't trust the information...) can you tell me where the witness list you mention is published please ?

I find it interesting that such a list should be online so far ahead of the trial.. it kind of tempts the $$$ Adelsons to try a bit of witness tampering before of the big event.

Any URLs much appreciated (there might be other little known witnesses in the mix of interest too ) .

All the best, KG

Here is something I found on the
Amy Adler's already listed as a witness, federal courts don't have parole, and they don't need telecom jurisdiction because it's already established as listed above.
Anything that that the prosecution is holding back is for good reason, and the idea that a rando who doesn't understand our legal system is going to help the prosecution over the internet is frankly bizarre.

Well, Miss Confused - how's this for bizarre.. from thousands of Km away, I have found this strong armed lying by Advocate J Lauro in the representation of his Client, WJ Adelson (as per att). The photo was available at the time he wrote this drivel. - he was on the defense team so he must have seen it. The photo with minor cropping on the RHS became exhibit 36 of the first Magbanua trial (the combined trial with Sigfriedo Garcia).

SA's office in T has been apprised of all this lying and prevarication. It is good thing for a prosecutor to be able to pull out and hold up to the Jury at some point in order to discredit "learned counsel".

I am still bizarre eh ? What you have not seen is all the documentation I have forwarded to Toronto on CJ ADELSON'S Tax affairs and asset base for future civil litigation. - all discovered via my competency with the Internet. ...and having a more than half functional and rather devious brain.

all the best , K Gadol

Attachments

• Lauro-Letter4.jpg
    Lauro-Letter4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Magbanua_AdelsonPhoto12L_exhibit36.JPG
    Magbanua_AdelsonPhoto12L_exhibit36.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 24
  • JLauroLetterExcerpt1.JPG
    JLauroLetterExcerpt1.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 24
John Lauro is not on the defense team.
Your findings are trivial - when someone finds something interesting, there is always active discussion on here.
Consider the silence a review of the significance of your work.

John Lauro is not on the defense team.
Your findings are trivial - when someone finds something interesting, there is always active discussion on here.
Consider the silence a review of the significance of your work.
You still have not answered my double query as to how you know that Amy Adler is going to testify in the retrial -where is it posted on the internet ? 2. Well that must have been a body double of J Lauro at the first trial then . He was there to represent WA. Perhaps she has subsequently sacked him ?? HOw am I expected to know that if I don't work for the Tallahassee SA ? How do you know it .. the word T... r...o...... is starting to come to mind. You have made a lot of statements re the players in the mix for the next punch up but so far no document references. It might all be fine and above board but I still have not seen official documents of the TYPE that I have provided for example.

It is not trivial when a defence lawyer lies about a matter related to the case in a manner that is not protected by law.. he is getting close to the edge of perjury here. I think it would be great if I caused WA to sack Lauro because it will all cost her money one way or t'other (LOTS TOO - these crim defense lawyers don't come cheap by the hr ) . and the next guy might not be fully up to speed by the time the next trial comes around.

Tip - get a grip on yerself and stop all the argumentum ad hominem. all the best , K G

Don't have access to Leon County - so not sure IF this is still a "go"....

Thursday, May 6th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Katherine Magbanua (32/now 36) (Garcia's wife) arrested (Oct. 2016) & charged with first-degree murder & 1 count conspiracy & 1 count solicitation of murder were brought together into one case on Tuesday (3/20/18). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Murder for Hire hit man. They split a $100K payoff for murder KM has rejected several offers of immunity for her testimony.
Re-Trial was set to begin 4/13/20 has been continued; Judge wants to set trial in Sept. or October, 2021.
Trial started on 9/23/19. Jury: 10 women & 2 men & 1 alternate (woman); was 2 alternates one (man) got sick & excused on 10/3/19. Jury Deliberations on 10/10/19: 4.5 hours. 10/11: 6.5 hours for guilty verdict on Garcia. Mistrial declared for Magbanua. (10-2 for guilty). Total 11 hours. Will remain in jail as a charged co-conspirator, and the State will try her case again.

Court info & trial from 9/23/19 thru 12/3/20 reference post #481 here:
MISTRIAL - FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #10 *arrests*

12/7/20: The First District Court of Appeals has just denied an appeal by Magbanua, but has not yet released a written explanation. A two-page opinion released Tuesday (12/8/20) afternoon says, “The petition for writ of habeas corpus is denied on the merits. A written opinion explaining this disposition will follow.” She will stay in jail until trial. Case management hearing to possibly set trial date on 3/4/21.
3/4/21 Update: Circuit Judge Robert Wheeler said in a hearing Thursday that he wants to set a tentative trial date. He proposed a two-week trial in July, but the defense requested a trial after Labor Day due to health concerns. Chris DeCoste told the judge he & fellow defense attorney Tara Kawass are both cancer survivors & are concerned about traveling & visiting Magbanua at the jail. The two are based in Miami. DeCoste told the judge they will also need time to review a newly enhanced video of a meeting at the Dolce Vita Restaurant, as well as review new financial & phone records in the case. Judge Wheeler is planning to check his calendar & is aiming for a trial date in September or October. He set another case management hearing for 5/6/21 in hopes of setting a realistic date then.

Accomplices:
*Sigfredo Garcia (34) – 10/10/19: found guilty of 1st degree murder. Guilty of conspiracy. Not guilty of solicitation. Sentenced to LWOP for murder plus 30 years for conspiracy charge. 11/4/19: Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Mauricio Padilla; Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Saam Zangeneh.
*Luis Rivera (33) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. Will testify against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.

POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her bro Charlie, mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson. Investigators have not charged anyone in the Adelson family in connection with Markel’s death, but say Adelson’s mother and brother – Donna and Charlie Adelson – paid $100,000 to have Markel killed following the couple’s contentious divorce so their two young sons could move to South Florida.

You mentioned that Jack Campbell admonished you, first time I've heard that reported on Websleuths, so I'm not going to provide any further information. There's lots of stuff you're not supposed to know, it's an ongoing investigation.
I'm not going to provide any further corrections, but Lauro didn't commit perjury, not even close.
c u Later GATOR.

So from the video above - I got this. Next case management hearing on 7/8, case management hearing in August, no date yet & another in Sept , with no date. Pretrial in October before jury selection which will start Oct. 4 at 9am & running thru the week of Oct. 11. Trial starts Oct. 15.

Sorry, unintended bolding.
May 6 2021
New trial date set for Katherine Magbanua
''TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Katherine Magbanua is now set to stand trial in October for the murder of FSU professor Dan Markel.''

''A judge set a trial date for October 4, 2021. That trial is scheduled to last two weeks.''

''Magbanua’s first trial in 2019 ended with a hung jury and the judge declared a mistrial. Her re-trial has been delayed repeatedly since then due to the pandemic.''

''Dan Markel Murder Retrial Set for October 2021: Case Management Conference FL vs. Katherine Magbanua''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member