GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. I'm just going to post it. I read the whole thing and there's really nothing all that new except for writ of habeas corpus for rivera & warrant related. The PC is updated and addresses Rivera specifically. The only changes are at the very end where they document the recent interviews. Also the only phone numbers listed appear to be for garcia and rivera, and SSNs are blocked so nothing sensitive I reckon. See attached

Attachments

• 2016_CF_001581_TRAP_37826841.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
From your link Dotr:

The police aren’t saying much about the Adelsons right now. When asked about the status of the Adelson family in the wake of Friday’s indictments, State Attorney Willie Meggs said, “They were not indicted. Today

The Tallahassee Democrat is reporting that Rivera changed his story three days after the initial interview. The story reports two visits to Coleman by LE, 3 days apart.
According to the posted document, above, this is wrong. There was only one interview with Rivera- on the 27th of May.

The Tallahassee Democrat is reporting that Rivera changed his story three days after the initial interview. The story reports two visits to Coleman by LE, 3 days apart.
According to the posted document, above, this is wrong. There was only one interview with Rivera- on the 27th of May.

Nice catch! Perhaps the journalist confused the May 24th interview with Garcia as being with Rivera. Or, since they didn't break the news, perhaps they only heard about the new info secondhand and hastily based the entire article on what they thought was a 'return trip' to the prison. I feel the latter may be more likely as I personally don't think the Tallahassee Democrat had a copy of the documents I posted above at the time the article was posted. They probably rushed to post something since WXTL beat them to it. Although who really cares? I'll admit: It's quite bush league for the Democrat since they've been so dedicated to this story.

From your link Dotr:

The police aren’t saying much about the Adelsons right now. When asked about the status of the Adelson family in the wake of Friday’s indictments, State Attorney Willie Meggs said, “They were not indicted. Today.”

It's just a matter of time. IMO, LE is simply insuring they have solid evidence before they swoop in. I look forward to the announcement that they've made those arrests when it comes.

Does June Umchinda think two Miami guys just randomly drive 7+ hours to Tallahassee and shot a man for no reason? Her "playboy periodontist" bf might be "nice" but she needs to remove her head from wherever it's hiding.

rbbm.

Might it be hiding under one of these :Crown:.......?
Speculation, imo.

The secret witness is unnamed because he is thought to have possible gang ties and his life may be in danger from those associated with Rivera or Garcia. That's one of the reasons why investigators are upset about leaking the PC. The witness saw Rivera's silver-finished revolver. If you were not in the gang world, would you show anyone your revolver? Apparently, they wanted to have enough on Katherine Magbanua. But they just might not have anything against her until Garcia starts to talk. Rivera is at the very bottom. He probably does not know KM and may be someone Garcia dragged in to help him with the killing. Garcia had never done anything like this before and is probably inexperienced.

That picture of the Prius was available a few months after the murder. This suggests they probably knew about Garcia and Rivera for more than a year. They've been trying to connect the dots, to see what ties can be found between them and the Adelson family. It probably took some time (but not long) to tie Garcia to Magbanua but real detective work was necessary to tie Magbanua to Charlie Adelson. That's what kept this case going for so long. Looks like they had tips about that Prius from the Ashford Apartments immediately after Markel's neighbor reported seeing the car fleeing the scene. After checking surveillance videos where Markel visited, they probably figured out the plate number and the rental agency that rented to Rivera within a few months. They just couldn't tie them to those who ordered the hit. They still can't, actually, to be able to convict Charlie unless Garcia and Magbanua start talking.

Wendi probably had nothing to with them renting Prius. Prius is ideal for long-distance trips, is very quiet and are often available in tinted versions at rentals. It's an ideal getaway vehicle after committing murder because it's so quiet. It would be the vehicle of choice if you want to drive around in upper middle class neighborhoods. And the silver-pine-mica (light green) is the most popular version along with the light-blue. Garcia and Rivera were careful enough to rent one with tinted windows. They probably took these factors into consideration and chose Prius themselves.

Helmut,
The Prius is a bigger clue (IMHO) more than you might realize. I am a distant neighbor of Dan's. Dan's VERY next door neighbor drove that EXACT same color Prius for months before the murder and quite a few months after the murder occurred. He has since gotten a new one in a much different color. Let me be clear... Our neighbor's Pruis was NOT used in this murder. But it might make one THINK it was our neighbor leaving the neighborhood or coming into the neighborhood if a potential witness were or did see it. Especially given it was the fact it was the EXACT same color as the one in the driveway right next to Dan's, on the left, if facing Dan's former home. Don't get me wrong, you are correct there are other Pruis in the neighborhood. All located on other very distant streets, but if a witness were to see it leaving the exact area it left FROM, you would have thought it was this neighbor's. I agree it has all those other things going for it that you mentioned ...it's quiet and gets good gas mileage for their long trip. I would just ask you to consider something.... if these guys just coincidentally picked a Prius to rent, one the same exact color as the one in the very NEXT driveway to Dan's driveway (the same driveway they pulled into to shoot him)...don't you think they would have been smart enough to leave their cell phones at home in Miami and buy a $30 Walmart special for their trip? Do you think these guys that literally went to the ATM in this car in their hometown that had their photo taken by the ATM machine, the same day they committed a murder were smart enough to just get lucky getting that same car? IMHO, I think you are going to one day find out they were told to pick up that exact car. Hopefully, I hope we find out sooner than later. Not for us, but for his family and all the LE manpower being used to continue this person or persons that thought of the idea to murder Dan . I think you will also soon find out that this murder for hire PLAN was planned as meticulously as the same PLAN to orchestrate WA's "surprise" EXIT that took place months prior - movers were hired to pack up almost the entire contents of their house and make the trip back down to Miami. This plan included WA packing up their children's belongs that same weekend, going back to Miami with their two sons. WA executed this particular plan and did this ALL without Dan knowing anyone of these details prior and she was so successful at maintaining this plan she managed to keep her whereabouts hidden from the Court and Dan for approcimately six whole weeks. Impressive for a Mother wicked enough to let her own children's Father not know where they were. LOOK THERE please. That wasn't only the Adelson family keeping this from Dan, WA was leading the pack and had no problem with this plan. She (WA) left this same driveway and went back to Miami to stay with the rest of the "A's. She was apparently quite comfortable keeping " their" children from their father and their location a secret. Again, I think you will one day, in my humble opinion find out these two events were planned by the exact same person. It Sounded like the exact same travel agent to me. Whether that person was WA or DA or any other "A" in the family, I do not know, but I would venture to say whomever thought out all those premeditated details for WA's exit from this home is identical to the person or persons who planned a murder in this same house or driveway. Don't you think whomever did so thought of just about everything including the Prius? NOt these guys that should have just smiled for the ATM camera in the same Pruis that they just drove out of the same driveway they murdered Dan. If you have time, read the family law case filings and descriptions written and entered into the record at the courthouse while Dan was alive. You will literally be able to see the similarities in the two events. A plan that was executed and VERY well thought out. the pattern, the plan and the behaviors match almost exactly. I'm pretty sure Garcia and Lewis weren't her movers. Or actually maybe they were already on some sort of retainer and it was a buy one get one free deal to do so much damage to one man two different times at his own home. This whole thing makes me angry that they stole a life and they keep stealing from everyone else that cared about Dan, especially his children by not confessing it and keeping this very manipulative evil going on day after day. IMHO, this says it all to me ...that six weeks was a piece of cake for WA to be that evil, most people couldn't do that to someone even for one minute. No one in their family told the court or their own Father where they were. what's six weeks? This "A" family is in it for the long haul to continue their evil bad decisions. If my family (or especially myself) was " falsely" accused even ONCE of doing something so evil as being involved in killing the father of my own children, you wouldn't hear me shut up about it saying I or they had not done it . I don't care if I myself was a lawyer or represented by another fellow lawyer. There is no way in h... I would allow anyone to accuse me or my family of doing something we didn't do.

Helmut,
The Prius is a bigger clue (IMHO) more than you might realize. I am a distant neighbor of Dan's. Dan's VERY next door neighbor drove that EXACT same color Prius for months before the murder and quite a few months after the murder occurred. He has since gotten a new one in a much different color. Let me be clear... Our neighbor's Pruis was NOT used in this murder. But it might make one THINK it was our neighbor leaving the neighborhood or coming into the neighborhood if a potential witness were or did see it. Especially given it was the fact it was the EXACT same color as the one in the driveway right next to Dan's, on the left, if facing Dan's former home. Don't get me wrong, you are correct there are other Pruis in the neighborhood. All located on other very distant streets, but if a witness were to see it leaving the exact area it left FROM, you would have thought it was this neighbor's. I agree it has all those other things going for it that you mentioned ...it's quiet and gets good gas mileage for their long trip. I would just ask you to consider something.... if these guys just coincidentally picked a Prius to rent, one the same exact color as the one in the very NEXT driveway to Dan's driveway (the same driveway they pulled into to shoot him)...don't you think they would have been smart enough to leave their cell phones at home in Miami and buy a $30 Walmart special for their trip? Do you think these guys that literally went to the ATM in this car in their hometown that had their photo taken by the ATM machine, the same day they committed a murder were smart enough to just get lucky getting that same car? IMHO, I think you are going to one day find out they were told to pick up that exact car. Hopefully, I hope we find out sooner than later. Not for us, but for his family and all the LE manpower being used to continue this person or persons that thought of the idea to murder Dan . I think you will also soon find out that this murder for hire PLAN was planned as meticulously as the same PLAN to orchestrate WA's "surprise" EXIT that took place months prior - movers were hired to pack up almost the entire contents of their house and make the trip back down to Miami. This plan included WA packing up their children's belongs that same weekend, going back to Miami with their two sons. WA executed this particular plan and did this ALL without Dan knowing anyone of these details prior and she was so successful at maintaining this plan she managed to keep her whereabouts hidden from the Court and Dan for approcimately six whole weeks. Impressive for a Mother wicked enough to let her own children's Father not know where they were. LOOK THERE please. That wasn't only the Adelson family keeping this from Dan, WA was leading the pack and had no problem with this plan. She (WA) left this same driveway and went back to Miami to stay with the rest of the "A's. She was apparently quite comfortable keeping " their" children from their father and their location a secret. Again, I think you will one day, in my humble opinion find out these two events were planned by the exact same person. It Sounded like the exact same travel agent to me. Whether that person was WA or DA or any other "A" in the family, I do not know, but I would venture to say whomever thought out all those premeditated details for WA's exit from this home is identical to the person or persons who planned a murder in this same house or driveway. Don't you think whomever did so thought of just about everything including the Prius? NOt these guys that should have just smiled for the ATM camera in the same Pruis that they just drove out of the same driveway they murdered Dan. If you have time, read the family law case filings and descriptions written and entered into the record at the courthouse while Dan was alive. You will literally be able to see the similarities in the two events. A plan that was executed and VERY well thought out. the pattern, the plan and the behaviors match almost exactly. I'm pretty sure Garcia and Lewis weren't her movers. Or actually maybe they were already on some sort of retainer and it was a buy one get one free deal to do so much damage to one man two different times at his own home. This whole thing makes me angry that they stole a life and they keep stealing from everyone else that cared about Dan, especially his children by not confessing it and keeping this very manipulative evil going on day after day. IMHO, this says it all to me ...that six weeks was a piece of cake for WA to be that evil, most people couldn't do that to someone even for one minute. No one in their family told the court or their own Father where they were. what's six weeks? This "A" family is in it for the long haul to continue their evil bad decisions. If my family (or especially myself) was " falsely" accused even ONCE of doing something so evil as being involved in killing the father of my own children, you wouldn't hear me shut up about it saying I or they had not done it . I don't care if I myself was a lawyer or represented by another fellow lawyer. There is no way in h... I would allow anyone to accuse me or my family of doing something we didn't do.
Best post in the thread.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spoke with detective......off the record......mother and brother are going down. Shame wife supposedly knows nothing....

Livelaughlove, On her Facebook, she had at least two, perhaps three posts where she posted a photo of herself as a youngster or posted a picture of her kids and asked her followers which of her children resembled her most. It seemed like a strange thing to post about multiple times - like a narcissistic preoccupation with seeing herself in them. Of course, no mention of Dan (except one gutsy commenter who said that one of the kids looked just like Dan).

Spoke with detective......off the record......mother and brother are going down. Shame wife supposedly knows nothing....
Well, ok then. I'll count on it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I don't think they have enough evidence on Momma Adelson. Unless her son Charlie Boy gives her up. Jmo.

She wouldn't even be found guilty for conspiracy imo. Grandparents always talk crap about the son in law that they can't stand.

So that's not enough connectivity. Jmo. And I doubt she was texting or emailing any of the co-defendants.

The most they may have could be a bank withdrawal for a decent amount of money.

But Granny may not be found guilty unless her son rolls over on her. Which is highley unlikely. Jmo.

That would be very bad for Charlies prison stay. Because all inmates would know that if he snitched on his own mother. Then he will snitch on them. Jmo

I saw that and and thought that commenter was awesome for it.

Helmut,

I find the reasoning in this post a bit peculiar. I have no idea whether they chose a Prius because of the one next door or that was merely a happy coincidence, but your logic seems to be "Because G and L did stupid things during the commission of the crime, it's silly to think they could have gotten lucky with the selection of the Prius." Why? There isn't any logical connection between stupid crime committing and not getting lucky. On the other hand, I could much more easily make the case that "Because G and L did stupid things during the commission of the crime, it's silly to think they managed to perfectly plan the selection of their getaway vehicle." That's because stupid crime committing and meticulous planning *are* unlikely to go hand in hand. Basically, as far as I can tell, your reasoning seems to point precisely away from your conclusion.

Me too, @reallybusy!! It seems to me that it's an abnormal thing to ask repeatedly. I am trying to imagine if I would ever post on Facebook asking my friends how much my child looks like me, and the answer is NO I wouldn't!! You just post pics of your kid, and most of the time it comes up organically -- people will say, "oh! He looks so much like you!" (or like the other parent).

@seaeclipse, I think the logic was that someone else must've planned which car to rent (eg, one of the Adelsons).

One other thing about the Prius being in the driveway--if you look at the Google street view, it's an odd street. Two lane road with double yellow line but no shoulder and no place to really pull off to the side. It the shooters wanted the car nearby to escape, there was essentially no choice but to pull into the driveway.

:welcome5: to everyone new who has joined to discuss Dan's case. We're glad to have you.

Just a bit of friendly advice, if you are responding to a certain post in particular, please use the 'Reply with Quote' feature. That will not only help us all follow the discussion, but also can help avoid any confusion and/or misunderstanding. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho