GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO -

i hate to be a broken record, but the answer is simply that KM is intentionally getting bad advice from her attorneys who happen to be bought and paid for by the alleged mastermind and receiving directions from his attorney. the state could offer KM immunity today and they'd find a reason to reject it! why? because KM is not really their client! they are protecting someone else!

As far as the question of who is paying for KMs defense......... her attorneys never said that it is a pro bono case. They claim that her family is footing the bill . . . The same family who has never visited her in jail. When push comes to shove, it will be interesting to see what her attorneys and her family are willing to state under oath regarding the source of the funds for her defense. I would guess that the prosecution already knows the source.

IMO -
good point. they are already on record that the family has (past tense - as i posted earlier - money has already changed hands - they must answer to that) paid them and i believe they recently filed a motion claiming indigence for KM which means they are claiming those funds were paid but now dried up. what a coincidence that the claim of indigence coincided with the state's motion for a hearing about the source of those funds. to me that looks like an attempt to not further add to the paper trail of illicit payments now that they were caught red handed.

Bottom line. If every Adelson is free with money than KM will stay hush.

So arrest atleast mom and son and KM will flip.

I don't think any of the A's will be arrested until GC is satisfied she has the tightest case possible; as I have said before, I have every confidence in the prosecution..

Did KM really say her family was paying her legal fees, or did she say "The Family" was paying her legal fees? :thinking:
Could be a matter of semantics.

what are the ethics of lawyers who knowingly orchestrate the payment and/or accept fees from a third party who happens to be the alleged mastermind of the crime in question and then lie to the court about it?

I'm actually peed off that Garcia is caught red handed but still not going to trial as of yet.

So its obvious that the Adelsons have plenty of free time since the main killer whoes co conspirator confessed is still not nowhere near going to trial.

Wow.

Is his public defender that smart to know how to help delay a trial for years?

Or are the Adelsons lawyer making sure that Garcias public defenders have enough ways to delay things. Jmo.

I'm actually peed off that Garcia is caught red handed but still not going to trial as of yet.

So its obvious that the Adelsons have plenty of free time since the main killer whoes co conspirator confessed is still not nowhere near going to trial.

Wow.

Is his public defender that smart to know how to help delay a trial for years?

Or are the Adelsons lawyer making sure that Garcias public defenders have enough ways to delay things. Jmo.

it is said that -

before the trial - the defense is in control. during the trial - the prosecution is in control.

How much of the evidence that has been collected in the case has been seen and how much do people speculate has been withheld from the public? As the result of recent KM depositions, is it likely that the KM defense has most of the information in the prosecutions files?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't checked in awhile, but I followed this case as I was a law school classmate of Dan's. It's coming up on three years! since he was murdered. What evidence do they have that KM's lawyer was paid by the A family? If that allegation is true, that would make a mockery of the system and would in fact subject lawyers to ethical complaints.

Hopefully this year will bring justice for Dan.

Yes. THREE YEARS.
But, sadly, it's nothing new to suspect that money buys its own brand of "justice".

who does this remind you of?

Poison
by Alice Cooper

Your cruel device
Your blood, like ice
One look could kill
My pain, your thrill
I want to love you but I better not touch
I want to hold you but my senses tell me to stop
I want to kiss you but I want it too much
I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison running through my veins
You're poison, I don't want to break these chains

[video=youtube;Qq4j1LtCdww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww[/video]

It appears that most news media, former colleagues at Florida State University, acquaintances etc. have lost interests about the case of Dan Markel’s murder. Of course, Dan’s family and the prosecutors are perhaps anxious to move forward asap.

The defendants Sigfredo Garcia & Katherine Magbanua, along with Dan’s former in-law who was of mentioned in a related court affidavit papers that did not lead to arrest, are perhaps in favor of slowing the process. The judge in the case appears to take his time, granting several motions left and right.

The last news I heard was the January 22, 2018 court date of Sigfredo Gracia. It is worth telling “JURY NON JURY TRIAL 1/22/2018 8:30 AM HANKINSON JIS”. A bench trial is certainly speedy as compared to a jury trial because there is no need to select a jury.

Will this be advantageous to Sigfredo Garcia? Will Sigfredo Garcia be represented by a public defender since he declared indigence? Why is Sigfredo garcia not try a leniency plea deal? His alleged benefit from the crime is miniscule (few thousands of $, few used cars, and the relationship with Magbanua which is now irretrievably lost since the pair are both imprisoned) as compared to what he may lose (his life!).

Katherine MAgbanua’s case has had multiple answers to demand for discovery in May and June. This means her defense lawyers got the state attorneys to disclose what they have. Then … quiet!

“Co-defendant Katherine Magbanua is still in jail awaiting trial. Prosecutors say right now there are no plans to try them together.”
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Trial-delayed-for-accused-triggerman-in-Markel-murder-397321961.html

The source of the vast financial resource used to defend Katherine Magbanua is still unclarified. She is characterized as a person of very limited money. There is a schedule for “MOTION HEARING
7/21/2017 8:30 AM HANKINSON JIS MOTION CONFLICT INTEREST INQUIRY AND CMC (4 HRS)” Perhaps, the judge will not let the conflict of interests issue unsolved next week.

It is my guess this case will explode into a fury of plea deals before the January 22 2018 trial. What remains uncertain is the prospect of multiple more arrests, as suggested by the story told by Luis Rivera. I am astonished that Luis Rivera’s confession and the jail information from Sigfredo Garcia’s cellmates led to nothing.

It appears that most news media, former colleagues at Florida State University, acquaintances etc. have lost interests about the case of Dan Markel’s murder. Of course, Dan’s family and the prosecutors are perhaps anxious to move forward asap.

The last news I heard was the January 22, 2018 court date of Sigfredo Gracia. It is worth telling “JURY NON JURY TRIAL 1/22/2018 8:30 AM HANKINSON JIS”. A bench trial is certainly speedy as compared to a jury trial because there is no need to select a jury.

I don't think people have lost interest. Everyone I've spoken to is anxious for the case to progress, it's just that with so much time between hearings, people run out of things to talk about on the internet.

With regard to the Jury/Non Jury trial thing, I think that is just a computer code that populates that way. Garcia demanded a jury trial. Neither side has mentioned a non-jury trial. Usually the clerk's computer system has a drop-down that the clerk must select for the docket event, and that one happens to be "Jury Non Jury Trial" and it doesn't distinguish between the two types of trials.

I am hoping you're right about the flurry of plea deals! That couldn't come soon enough.

It is unbelievable to me, that KM has not "spilled the beans!" Big promises and lots of $ could be involved.

IMHO

:maddening::tantrum::gaah:

It is unbelievable to me, that KM has not "spilled the beans!" Big promises and lots of $ could be involved.

IMHO

:maddening::tantrum::gaah:

I can't even describe the level of excitement that will rise up inside me if/when the news breaks that she is taking a plea deal and testifying against her conspirators.

I can't even describe the level of excitement that will rise up inside me if/when the news breaks that she is taking a plea deal and testifying against her conspirators.

I am beside myself even thinking about it. I will talk about nothing else, especially to my dental staff and patients!

IMO -

don't hold your breath. she is getting very bad advice from counsel that is bought and paid for by the alleged mastermind. her counsel no doubt receives daily instructions and communications from the alleged mastermind's attorney. how else do you think the alleged mastermind is communicating reassurances to KM? the attorneys are the link.

today is the 3 year anniversary of the murder. 3 years in a cold, dark grave with no justice for the victim and 3 years of freedom for the alleged masterminds. meanwhile, the defense attorneys continue to make a mockery of the justice system.

IMO -

don't hold your breath. she is getting very bad advice from counsel that is bought and paid for by the alleged mastermind. her counsel no doubt receives daily instructions and communications from the alleged mastermind's attorney. how else do you think the alleged mastermind is communicating reassurances to KM? the attorneys are the link.

today is the 3 year anniversary of the murder. 3 years in a cold, dark grave with no justice for the victim and 3 years of freedom for the alleged masterminds. meanwhile, the defense attorneys continue to make a mockery of the justice system.
I like that you give the downside version of this because that way I don't have to. 😏 But....I truly believe that justice will prevail in this case. Sooner or later (probably later) it will happen.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I like that you give the downside version of this because that way I don't have to. 😏 But....I truly believe that justice will prevail in this case. Sooner or later (probably later) it will happen.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Oh I don't doubt that justice will eventually be served but as I've said many times before - it's going to be a long, hard slog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500