GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm
Dan Markel murder suspect due in court following mistrial
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The last of three suspects accused in the Dan Markel murder trial is due in court again Tuesday.

Katherine Magbanua is scheduled for a case management hearing. There are now three legal options for Magbanua:

• Prosecutors can dismiss charges
  • They can offer a plea bargain
  • Or head to a jury trial all over again
If Magbanua's lawyers continue to back her innocence, a retrial could move quickly. Tuesday's case management hearing begins at 10:30 a.m.

We'll bring you the latest update both online and on air.

March 17 and April 9 will be pre trial hearings for Magbanua.

Thanks a bunch kooshx!!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

Based on this news, any predictions about when/if an Adelson will finally be arrested?

At the end of the trial, there was the talk of an Order to Transport for Rivera. Speculation was that he might be testifying during the penalty phase, which he did not. My thought was that he was going to testify for a grand jury while in Tallahassee. I am speculating, of course, but wouldn't that be convenient?

The juror interview got under my skin for many reasons, but one was her disbelief that Rivera just up and decided to quit the Latin Kings. How unbelievable she thought! Well, when you cooperate with law enforcement, that is high treason to an organized crime ring. Rivera, on the stand, mentioned "they" are trying to kill him. He's a significant liability and enemy #1 now to the gang. The juror viewed it as if Rivera was fibbing about actually leaving it. Like a book club or something.

I posted back a few years ago about my run-in with someone in Tallahassee who had a law enforcement friend. This friend of my friend said he had to get extra training to protect Rivera. Training that envolved dealing with sharpshooters on the tops of buildings in Tallahassee, etc. My friend said that Riveria was known, by law enforcement, to be on a hit list. At the time, my immediate assumption was that someone in the A's clan put out a hit out on the dark web or something. I know, tin foil hat stuff, but I did not know what to make of it. I had no reason not to believe my friend.

Now, I'm more confident that it was that law enforcement had to protect him from his own gang, as they prob feared what else Rivera would tell the cops. It makes sense to me as to why Rivera got only seven years. If he talked to the police, there is a good chance he'll end up assassinated too. Risk versus reward. A massive risk for Rivera.

Last edited:
At the end of the trial, there was the talk of an Order to Transport for Riveria. Speculation was that he might be testifying during the penalty phase, which he did not. My thought was that he was going to testify for a grand jury while in Tallahassee. I am speculating, of course.

The juror interview got under my skin for many reasons, but one was her disbelief that Riveria just up and decided to quit the Latin Kings. How unbelievable she thought! Well, when you cooperate with law enforcement, that is high treason to the gang. Riveria, on the stand, mentioned "they" are trying to kill him. He's a significant liability and enemy #1 now to the gang. The juror viewed it as if Rivera was fibbing about actually leaving it.

I posted back a few years ago about my run-in with someone in Tallahassee who had a law enforcement friend. This friend of my friend said he had to get extra training to protect Rivera. Training that envolved dealing with sharpshooters on the tops of building in Tallahassee, etc. My friend said that Riveria was known, by law enforcement, to be on a hit list. At the time, my immediate assumption was that someone in A's clan put out a hit out on the dark web or something. I know, tin foil hat stuff, but I did not know what to make of it at the time. Now, I'm more confident that it was that law enforcement had to protect him from his own gang, as they prob feared what else Rivera would tell the cops about the gang. Make sense to me as to why Garcia got only seven years. If he talked to the police, there is a good chance he'll end up assassination too. Risk versus reward. It was a massive risk for Riveria.

Interesting. It's quite possible this isn't the only deal he made.

I'm clueless about gangs....why would Rivera want to be in gen. pop.? I realize this is not quite on topic!

At the end of the trial, there was the talk of an Order to Transport for Rivera. Speculation was that he might be testifying during the penalty phase, which he did not. My thought was that he was going to testify for a grand jury while in Tallahassee. I am speculating, of course, but wouldn't that be convenient?

The juror interview got under my skin for many reasons, but one was her disbelief that Rivera just up and decided to quit the Latin Kings. How unbelievable she thought! Well, when you cooperate with law enforcement, that is high treason to an organized crime ring. Rivera, on the stand, mentioned "they" are trying to kill him. He's a significant liability and enemy #1 now to the gang. The juror viewed it as if Rivera was fibbing about actually leaving it. Like a book club or something.

I posted back a few years ago about my run-in with someone in Tallahassee who had a law enforcement friend. This friend of my friend said he had to get extra training to protect Rivera. Training that envolved dealing with sharpshooters on the tops of buildings in Tallahassee, etc. My friend said that Riveria was known, by law enforcement, to be on a hit list. At the time, my immediate assumption was that someone in the A's clan put out a hit out on the dark web or something. I know, tin foil hat stuff, but I did not know what to make of it. I had no reason not to believe my friend.

Now, I'm more confident that it was that law enforcement had to protect him from his own gang, as they prob feared what else Riveria would tell the cops. It makes sense to me as to why Garcia got only seven years. If he talked to the police, there is a good chance he'll end up assassinated too. Risk versus reward. A massive risk for Riveria.

From your post????

"It makes sense to me as to why Garcia got only seven years."

I'm clueless about gangs....why would Rivera want to be in gen. pop.? I realize this is not quite on topic!

Iirc, understand he said he wanted into general population so that he could visit with family and friends and also have more phone calls Etc.

It is my understanding from following trials and listening to the ear hustle podcast at San Quentin, that they segregate gangs and individuals in different pods that they think are dangerous to each other. Not sure how they do that with Rivera.

One would think if a person was unequivocally innocent KM would we jumping up and down for speedy justice. It appears there is going to be at least another six months in the slammer for KM and an entirely new life ahead for SG as he embarks on his new journey into the cut throat world of the State of Florida, Department of Corrections. More time to think and do the right thing and come forward with the truth! IMO: The noose begins to tighten for WA/CA the true cause of this whole debacle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member