GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"bless her heart" indeed ... perhaps Dr Walsh can someday atone for what appears to be willful ignorance in her role as Wendi's BFF* and contribute to the "repair" part of the disruption that the Markel boys have endured while separated from their father's family.

*BFF should really be "CMFF" with the C being "convenient" and M being "manipulatable " because that's precisely how she's been played.

It's heartbreaking because she's the perfect facilitator for several reasons.

Don't know IF this is going to happen today - but I shall post it anyway - I can not access the court site Leon County - so maybe someone reading here can & let me know! :)

Tuesday, March 17th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 10:30am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - for *Katherine Magbanua (32/now 35) (Garcia's wife) arrested (Oct. 2016) & charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy & solicitation of murder were brought together into one case on Tuesday (3/20/18). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Murder for Hire hit man. They split a $100K payoff for murder KM has rejected several offers of immunity for her testimony.
Re-Trial set to begin 4/13/20.
Trial started on 9/23/19. Jury: 10 women & 2 men & 1 alternate (woman); was 2 alternates one (man) got sick & excused on 10/3/19. Jury Deliberations on 10/10/19: 4.5 hours. 10/11: 6.5 hours for guilty verdict on Garcia. Mistrial declared for Magbanua. (10-2 for guilty). Total 11 hours. Will remain in jail as a charged co-conspirator, and the State will try her case again.

Court info & trial from 9/23/19 thru 10/11/19 reference post #1546 here:
VERDICT WATCH - FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

10/17/19: Defense files witness list: Sigfredo Garcia.
10/22/19 Update: There are three legal options for Magbanua: Prosecutors can dismiss charges, they can offer a plea bargain Or head to a jury trial all over again. No plea deal, Next trial is April 13 with the same counsel for KM. Next are pretrial hearings on 3/17 and 4/9. Magbanua filed an application to be determined indigent (poor) for costs. She is asking for the Judicial Administration Commission to pay for her costs. If approved, then she could file motions for Court approval to hire experts, investigators, etc. - at the tax payers' expense.
1/23/20 Update: Defense motion for bail filed. Judge Hawkinson set a hearing for an hour for her pre-trial release motion on Feb 20 at 9 am. 1/31/30: Judge denies motion for bond. Judge Hawkinson set a hearing for an hour for her pre-trial release motion on Feb. 20 at 9 am. 2/2/20: No hearing - judge denied bond after scheduled hearing was set.

Accomplices:
*Sigfredo Garcia (34) – 10/10/19: found guilty of 1st degree murder. Guilty of conspiracy. Not guilty of solicitation. Sentenced to LWOP for murder plus 30 years for conspiracy charge. 11/4/19: Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Mauricio Padilla; Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Saam Zangeneh.
*Luis Rivera (33) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. Will testify against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.

POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her bro Charlie, mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson. Investigators have not charged anyone in the Adelson family in connection with Markel’s death, but say Adelson’s mother and brother – Donna and Charlie Adelson – paid $100,000 to have Markel killed following the couple’s contentious divorce so their two young sons could move to South Florida.

It seems lawyers have filed motions for all trial testimony to be transcribed. I will give them a head start: Wendi Adelson's testimony with suggested revisions . . . part 1 of X, with preview images, too.

Very well done. What is the reference to judges feeding Wendi information behind the scenes? (Page 10 of the transcript)

Last edited:
Anyone know IF the Case Management hearing happened on 3/17?

I can't access the Leon court site - maybe I'll have to tag " @SeesSeas ..... :)

Next hearing I have is on 4/9 and trial to start 4/13.

Anyone know IF the Case Management hearing happened on 3/17?

I can't access the Leon court site - maybe I'll have to tag " @SeesSeas ..... :)

Next hearing I have is on 4/9 and trial to start 4/13.

According to the Leon County Court site, the pre-trial is now set for 4/21 - meaning the trial that was originally scheduled for 4/13 has almost certainly been delayed due to the coronavirus (though hopefully only until late April/early May).

Very well done. What is the reference to judges feeding Wendi information behind the scenes? (Page 10 of the transcript)
In the wiretaps between Charlie Adelson and Donna Adelson, there's a conversation where they share how Wendi has a judge in Tallahassee who is feeding her intel on the case. She also has judges in South Florida who are doing the same.

Wishing David Lat and his husband all the best at this critical time.
Lawyer David Lat tweeted about his symptoms and coronavirus diagnosis problems. - CNN
"I got worse over the weekend, my coughing having progressed to the point where it was making it hard for me to breathe."
The first time he went to NYU Langone, Lat tweeted, they sent him home after he came back negative for a bacterial and flu panel that did not include coronavirus testing. Although he requested a test, he was denied based on the protocols established by health care officials for who should be tested and limited availability of the test, he said in a series of tweets.
Those established protocols require a bacterial and flu panel, and other conditions, including whether a person had traveled to any of the affected areas or come into contact with anyone who had tested positive.
On his second visit to the hospital, he was given oxygen, put in isolation and tested for the virus, he tweeted.''

In the wiretaps between Charlie Adelson and Donna Adelson, there's a conversation where they share how Wendi has a judge in Tallahassee who is feeding her intel on the case. She also has judges in South Florida who are doing the same.
So does this mean Wendi now knows Charlie is the perpetrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB