GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon County Jail Meals
Interview with Alex, Javier, and Kyle

JM: How many meals did you get per day?
Alex: I received three meals per day.
Javier: Three meals per day. Two hot meals and one cold lunch. Lunch is always a sandwich.
Kyle: You get 3 meals a day

JM: How would you rate the food? Please give details of why.
Alex: Most of the food was low in quality.
Javier: Out of a scale of 1-10... Personally, i would rate it a 2. They never use any spices/seasoning and the amounts they give you are ridiculous. Also they never give you real meat.
Kyle: I rate the food a 1 and that's 1 is for the juice served with breakfast but other then that it was horrible. Most food needed salt and non was added the rice would be hard and lunch was a peanut butter sandwich no jelly with a very small cup of water

JM: Did you have any favorite/least favorite meals?
Alex: I liked what the kitchen crew dubbed as "cat meat"; it was a sort of ground meat that no one could identify--hence the name. I could not agree with the peanut butter, bologna, and cheese mixture that was often served.
Javier: My favorite was Spicy chicken patty. My least favorite and worst (speaking in behalf of everyone) is macaroni and erasers.
Kyle: No favorite at all but the least favorite was that hard nasty rice plus it had no salt at all

JM: Were there any other snacks offered outside of meals? What was commissary like and how expensive was it?
Alex: Diabetic inmates were given extra food outside of meals to keep their blood sugars regulated. Other inmates who had money in their canteens were given the opportunity to buy snacks.
Javier: Yes. You were allowed to order from a canteen list twice a week. It was pretty good for being locked up. You have everything from personal hygiene products, candy bars, sweet snacks, chips, salsa, peanuts, hard candy, and clothes.
Kyle: You could have lil cookies and pies they would be kind of expensive since snacks were like a leisure but if u had no money then you was out of luck its just is what it is.

Leon County Jail Meals
Interview with Alex, Javier, and Kyle

JM: How many meals did you get per day?
Alex: I received three meals per day.
Javier: Three meals per day. Two hot meals and one cold lunch. Lunch is always a sandwich.
Kyle: You get 3 meals a day

JM: How would you rate the food? Please give details of why.
Alex: Most of the food was low in quality.
Javier: Out of a scale of 1-10... Personally, i would rate it a 2. They never use any spices/seasoning and the amounts they give you are ridiculous. Also they never give you real meat.
Kyle: I rate the food a 1 and that's 1 is for the juice served with breakfast but other then that it was horrible. Most food needed salt and non was added the rice would be hard and lunch was a peanut butter sandwich no jelly with a very small cup of water

JM: Did you have any favorite/least favorite meals?
Alex: I liked what the kitchen crew dubbed as "cat meat"; it was a sort of ground meat that no one could identify--hence the name. I could not agree with the peanut butter, bologna, and cheese mixture that was often served.
Javier: My favorite was Spicy chicken patty. My least favorite and worst (speaking in behalf of everyone) is macaroni and erasers.
Kyle: No favorite at all but the least favorite was that hard nasty rice plus it had no salt at all

JM: Were there any other snacks offered outside of meals? What was commissary like and how expensive was it?
Alex: Diabetic inmates were given extra food outside of meals to keep their blood sugars regulated. Other inmates who had money in their canteens were given the opportunity to buy snacks.
Javier: Yes. You were allowed to order from a canteen list twice a week. It was pretty good for being locked up. You have everything from personal hygiene products, candy bars, sweet snacks, chips, salsa, peanuts, hard candy, and clothes.
Kyle: You could have lil cookies and pies they would be kind of expensive since snacks were like a leisure but if u had no money then you was out of luck its just is what it is.

No kosher food for CHarlie ? whassa .. discrimination. Bnei Brith will be on to it first thing Friday Night. It's well known that Wendi and Charlie like cooked shrimp (as at Dan Markel's wedding ) and with the sort of money and Entitlement he has he should be able to do better than lil cookies and Pies. He's in a bad way. Perhaps we need to take up a collection for his prison account .

For some reason, even though the police was able to see all the phone call activity on the day of the murder, they could not get the details of the calls themselves. They have all the timelines. Not sure3 why the call details were not available.

No wiretap calls of Wendi with anybody. That just means she was using an app that could not be wiretapped. The FBI could be hiding something up their sleeves. We will know soon enough.

you are very confuseD. IN the arrest warrant for KM all the calls (but no texts) on the 18th July 14 are detailed. I've posted that arrest warrant before .
When you say "details of the calls themselves", it is impossible to retrieve audio from old calls.. the carriers would have to invest in terrabytes of HD capacity to store the stuff, which would be illegal anyway. Texts can be stored because they are typically limited to 128 or 256 characters per text. Even so most carriers don't keep them for more than 9 months to save on costs. Somewhere in your cellphone contract it will state that it is legal and technically required for the carrier to keep texts.
==========================

There are no wire taps for Wendi A because she was not explicitly wire tapped. That's to say that the FBI had a court order for CJA and KM only (and anyone they might call). THere was not enough prima f evidence to persuade a judge to put either Donna or WA on the list. FBI man Corbett is explicit about the lack of Wire recordings for Donna when queried on this in the second KM trial.

The only reason there will be any audio for Donna is if CA calls her (there are at least two recordings of this type). If she called WA .. it is lost. The FBI tapped cell phones only - not land line phones if they existed. I guess it is too much extra technical work. The phone taps were put in place a bit before April 19th 2016. I have no idea how long they lasted.

KG

you are very confuseD. IN the arrest warrant for KM all the calls (but no texts) on the 18th July 14 are detailed. I've posted that arrest warrant before .
When you say "details of the calls themselves", it is impossible to retrieve audio from old calls.. the carriers would have to invest in terrabytes of HD capacity to store the stuff, which would be illegal anyway. Texts can be stored because they are typically limited to 128 or 256 characters per text. Even so most carriers don't keep them for more than 9 months to save on costs. Somewhere in your cellphone contract it will state that it is legal and technically required for the carrier to keep texts.

There are no wire taps for Wendi A because she was not explicitly wire tapped. That's to say that the FBI had a court order for CJA and KM only (and anyone they might call). THere was not enough prima f evidence to persuade a judge to put either Donna or WA on the list. FBI man Corbett is explicit about the lack of Wire recordings for Donna when queried on this in the second KM trial.

The only reason there will be any audio for Donna is if CA calls her (there are at least two recordings of this type). If she called WA .. it is lost. The FBI tapped cell phones only - not land line phones if they existed. I guess it is too much extra technical work. The phone taps were put in place a bit before April 19th 2016. I have no idea how long they lasted.

KG

my point was - where are the wiretapped calls between CA and WA?

my point was - where are the wiretapped calls between CA and WA?
Just my opinion only.

I think Wendi was far more measured and cunning with her involvement. I think she had the restraint to keep all her communication on Whatsapp or in person vs Charlie who has little impulse control + extreme grandiosity to think he's above everything.

I think Wendi also considered that if any of them were to get caught, it would be Charlie, so she seemed to recklessly mention the "chilling statement" to LaCasse as well as the "joke" to the TV repairman the day of the murder, plus all the mentions in her police interview to keep sprinkling this detail around--pre-throwing him under the bus.

Just my hunch.

No kosher food for CHarlie ? whassa .. discrimination. Bnei Brith will be on to it first thing Friday Night. It's well known that Wendi and Charlie like cooked shrimp (as at Dan Markel's wedding ) and with the sort of money and Entitlement he has he should be able to do better than lil cookies and Pies. He's in a bad way. Perhaps we need to take up a collection for his prison account .
Don't forget the lobsters!

Just my opinion only.

I think Wendi was far more measured and cunning with her involvement. I think she had the restraint to keep all her communication on Whatsapp or in person vs Charlie who has little impulse control + extreme grandiosity to think he's above everything.

I think Wendi also considered that if any of them were to get caught, it would be Charlie, so she seemed to recklessly mention the "chilling statement" to LaCasse as well as the "joke" to the TV repairman the day of the murder, plus all the mentions in her police interview to keep sprinkling this detail around--pre-throwing him under the bus.

Just my hunch.
But they were on the phone together a lot.

Oreos are kosher. And likely available for Charlie From the canteen. Bnai Brith can’t complain. But…
Shrimp served at a Jewish wedding? Not even in Miami…certainly not at any Jewish weddings I’ve been to or in.

Thanks for sharing this!

Hopefully there will be more info in that cloud that points to his other two (at least) co-conspirators.

Dang, if only Whatsapp retained data...
a little late to the game on this whole debacle. @katiecoolady, so there is/was no way to e-discover the WhatsApp chats or calls? If not that's a huge bummer. I'm convinced there is enough evidence in the chat to put them all away. (or maybe not) That Wendi is no dummy thats for sure! Thanks in advance and apologize for my ignorance.

What do you mean "call details"? I thought I'd seen who spoke with who and for what number of minutes and in what sequence. It's just too bad Whatsapp could not be retrieved. I think she was just the most cautious and cunning of the three.

Last edited:

KG

@

KG

As I've told you repeatedly- and as mentioned during both trials, texts are not retained by some carriers at all. And for others, they have them for a very brief period of time (days not months).

This was explained on the stand by expert witnesses.

a little late to the game on this whole debacle. @katiecoolady, so there is/was no way to e-discover the WhatsApp chats or calls? If not that's a huge bummer. I'm convinced there is enough evidence in the chat to put them all away. (or maybe not) That Wendi is no dummy thats for sure! Thanks in advance and apologize for my ignorance.
They said in the last trials that the Whatsapp data is encrypted so not retrievable (bummer). They all seemed to communicate frequently on that app--likely for that reason. If only that app could talk....

You mean Charlie never called Wendi (like the way he occasionally called Donna).

Saam Zangeneh (former atty for SG) on Twitter…in response to someone saying KM credibility is gone due to lying in stand. I tend to believe him on this.

Saam Zangeneh
@SaamZangeneh
2h
Replying to
and
@DavidLat

They will still 100% use her to testify against the others…you can bank on that
Is she or isn't she?? Cooperating? Please don't tell me....

IMO - Kawass is prob telling KM - "if you sing now you're cooked and you'll do decades in prison for sure but if you keep your mouth shut you can win on appeal and go free." Kawass is still selling the fantasy. that's her job. that's what she's getting paid to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa