Found Deceased FL - Donald Jackson, 35, St. Augustine, 6 March 2016

Why didn't the person call the cops?

My first thought is that they had both had a few drinks and realized it and didn't want to get into trouble, so he thanked his lucky stars and went on his way.

I wonder if he 'followed' him intentionally to the golf world exit, or if they mean followed him in that he was simply behind Donalds car.

My first thought is that they had both had a few drinks and realized it and didn't want to get into trouble, so he thanked his lucky stars and went on his way.

I wonder if he 'followed' him intentionally to the golf world exit, or if they mean followed him in that he was simply behind Donalds car.

The way I read it was this person saw the accident and followed him.

Last year, there was a case of a guy disappearing in Florida after a night of drinking and a hit and run too. I don't know if he was ever found. Night driving in FL after drinking rarely turns out well if missing.

I'm wondering if he was overpowered at some point & carjacked. Maybe not though as the car is an older model. Sure hope he shows up alright very soon.

The way I read it was this person saw the accident and followed him.

According to this link (originally posted by swanniie11) the car that followed him was the other car involved in the accident.

Last year, there was a case of a guy disappearing in Florida after a night of drinking and a hit and run too. I don't know if he was ever found. Night driving in FL after drinking rarely turns out well if missing.

Happens all to often here in Florida!

I'm wondering if he was overpowered at some point & carjacked. Maybe not though as the car is an older model. Sure hope he shows up alright very soon.

I think he had too much to drink and shouldn't have been driving.

Jackson's car was involved in an accident at Four Mile Road and State Road 16 at approximately 11:45 p.m. Sunday night. The other vehicle involved in the accident followed Jackson's vehicle on I-95 northbound until it exited at International Golf Parkway. Jackson's vehicle hasn't been seen since.

Jackson's phone was still in the area of I-95 northbound and International Golf Parkway at 4:30 a.m. Monday by pinging the devise. One hour later, the phone had moved to State Route 13 and State Route 16 at the head of the Shands Bridge.

The phone was only located by a single cellphone tower, so there's no way of telling which direction search efforts should begin with.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/missing-green-cove-springs-man-was-involved-hit-an/nqhgM/

SR16 and Shands Bridge is were the story ends.

His vehicle is black, will be hard to see even if it's just below the surface.

Is anyone in those waters searching?

SR16 and Shands Bridge is were the story ends.

His vehicle is black, will be hard to see even if it's just below the surface.

Is anyone in those waters searching?

Agreed entirely, i didnt realize it was such a large bridge, but this was my first thought as well. He went off road, or into water because he was either inebriated or disoriented from the crash. Very sad either way.

Wondering if this "accident" turned into a "road rage" incident. Also if being trailed by someone he just hit, he was probably looking into the rear view mirror instead of the roads. He could have easily been involved in another accident off the road or bridge.

JMO's

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/st-augustine/police-man-reported-missing-after-wedding_

An accident report shows Jackson's Rodeo was involved in a hit-and-run at the intersection, and the person who was hit trailed his vehicle to get the license plate as it exited I-95 northbound at International Golf Parkway.

Story has been updated, sadly:

St. Johns County's dive team is on site off County Road 16A, where Donald Jackson's 1999 Isuzu Rodeo was located. Police said the 35-year-old man's body was inside.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back