FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if LE typically notifies family of victim in advance of a forthcoming arrest?

Does anyone know if LE typically notifies family of victim in advance of a forthcoming arrest?

Typically, NO. No specifics. In other words, they wouldn't call the family and tell them specifically we are going to be arresting <insert suspect's name> tomorrow. That would be highly unusual. Depending upon LE's relationship with the family, they may give them generic hints so they could be somewhat prepared but they would not be specific. It is just too risky.

I wonder if this is the reason (must be) for the media update a few days ago, also,
NG touching on it briefly? Maybe to relax the suspect?

A reliable source has informed me that two small white SUVs are stationed in front of the Sievers' residence, with no visible police presence. The white vehicles are marked as belonging to NBC2, and WINK.

A reliable source has informed me that two small white SUVs are stationed in front of the Sievers' residence, with no visible police presence. The white vehicles are marked as belonging to NBC2, and WINK.

Aaah, the waiting is driving me crazy, I can't focus!

Nothing on the local news websites so far. I wish I lived a bit closer, my nosey butt would be knocking on those van doors

I've been lingering around here too waiting for something to happen...

Wonder if it could be a "false alarm." I think there was another occasion when media went to the scene and it turned out to be nothing. Anyone?

Ha ha ha, I guess I'm not the only one.

Nope, you are definitely not alone. I've been switching between here and wink news constantly. I don't understand why nothing has been reported yet when it seems like things are happening right now. I keep expecting a breaking news headline...

In between refreshing this site and the news sites I have been staring out my lanai door all night to see if there is any action at the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon