Found Safe FL - Erica Ann Johnson, 36, Endangered, missed work, has no bank acct, vehicle or SM & rarely uses phone, Cape Coral, 14 July 2022 *found in 2023*

came looking for an update also! it went radio silence after she left tampa. it’s like everyone just topped looking.
Her Namus page is still up. But looking for news on social media & elsewhere, I'm coming up empty.

Reminders about Erica from this thread:
  • She has children with visitation rights & regularly saw them, according to her ex
  • She never picked up her last paycheck
  • She abandoned personal belongings in her room/apartment & boarded a bus for Tampa
  • She was reported missing by family (who seemed to have stopped pushing the search?)
  • She left with a pet rabbit & fencing/caging for it
  • The public search trail ends in July/August
Has she had any contact with her ex or children since the last reported sighting? Has the investigation revealed any clues into why she left so abruptly & mysteriously that she has a Namus page?

If she's working somewhere, LE should be able to discover it based on SSN records of income.

Check in Erica! Let us know you are safe!

JMO

Her Namus page is still up. But looking for news on social media & elsewhere, I'm coming up empty.

Reminders about Erica from this thread:
  • She has children with visitation rights & regularly saw them, according to her ex
  • She never picked up her last paycheck
  • She abandoned personal belongings in her room/apartment & boarded a bus for Tampa
  • She was reported missing by family (who seemed to have stopped pushing the search?)
  • She left with a pet rabbit & fencing/caging for it
  • The public search trail ends in July/August
Has she had any contact with her ex or children since the last reported sighting? Has the investigation revealed any clues into why she left so abruptly & mysteriously that she has a Namus page?

If she's working somewhere, LE should be able to discover it based on SSN records of income.

Check in Erica! Let us know you are safe!

JMO
She last worked as a housekeeper at the Best Western near her apartment. She could be doing the same type of work.

Family members also said early on that she almost never used a phone or social media.

This story always seemed to me like someone running away from something, not running to something.

It occurs to me that for a person already basically living off the grid - no or rarely used phone, no social media, no bank account, no car, simple work (that might be easy to find with a fake identity) - that truly being off the grid wouldn't be difficult. I have no idea how you track someone like that.

It occurs to me that for a person already basically living off the grid - no or rarely used phone, no social media, no bank account, no car, simple work (that might be easy to find with a fake identity) - that truly being off the grid wouldn't be difficult. I have no idea how you track someone like that.
By the rabbit?
Pet food needs, vet appointments.
I've been thinking about this case bunches lately, too.

Not to seem unkind as I know things often come across wrong when typed out, but a rabbit would be much easier to go offgrid with vs a cat or dog. Plenty of people do not take cats or dogs to the vet for years as well, but if a person absolutely HAD to get rid of a rabbit (and I am not saying she did this as she seems quite attached to the bunny), there are loads of wild bunnies hopping around. No one would call in a sighting of a rabbit the way they likely would a dog.

The cage and everything for the rabbit definitely stands out as unusual, and people would be more likely to remember seeing someone traveling with it though.

Not to seem unkind as I know things often come across wrong when typed out, but a rabbit would be much easier to go offgrid with vs a cat or dog. Plenty of people do not take cats or dogs to the vet for years as well, but if a person absolutely HAD to get rid of a rabbit (and I am not saying she did this as she seems quite attached to the bunny), there are loads of wild bunnies hopping around. No one would call in a sighting of a rabbit the way they likely would a dog.

The cage and everything for the rabbit definitely stands out as unusual, and people would be more likely to remember seeing someone traveling with it though.
She is, by all accounts, voluntarily missing so LE may not be able to get warrants or may not be working too hard on this case.

You could get family to stake out pet food stores in the Tampa area and put up fliers but bunnies are easy to care for and she may never need to go anywhere.

You can also just put it in the fence in a yard or a park and it will eat the grass- you never need to go to the pet food store.

I think if you're going to find her family are going to need to hit the street and start going to every business where she might be working, everything she has done before, and show her picture. She might see it and call someone to make contact.

Found in Ohio! :)

CAPE CORAL, Fla. — Erica Johnson, the Cape Coral mother who went missing last July, has been found safe in Ohio, Cape Coral police said.
Wow, so many questions. I wonder who and how she was found? I worried about her mental condition when she left, and feared she may have done self harm, but I never got the real sense that she had been harmed by someone else. Where had she been living the past 10 months? Has she been with someone? Has she been employed? If so, how has paperwork not revealed her before now? Was she using her real name when found, or living as someone else? Has she contacted her children since being found? Is she mentally stable? Will she return home now, or is she better off where she is?

With her being found safely, that ends any investigation, most likely, so we will probably never know the answers to these questions, unless she chooses to tell, but I am glad that she has been found and that she apparently is safe. I hope that she can reconcile with her children, and I wish her the best going forward.

Wow, so many questions. I wonder who and how she was found? I worried about her mental condition when she left, and feared she may have done self harm, but I never got the real sense that she had been harmed by someone else. Where had she been living the past 10 months? Has she been with someone? Has she been employed? If so, how has paperwork not revealed her before now? Was she using her real name when found, or living as someone else? Has she contacted her children since being found? Is she mentally stable? Will she return home now, or is she better off where she is?

With her being found safely, that ends any investigation, most likely, so we will probably never know the answers to these questions, unless she chooses to tell, but I am glad that she has been found and that she apparently is safe. I hope that she can reconcile with her children, and I wish her the best going forward.
You're right -- those are the questions I'm sure we all have. Even though we are not entitled to know the answers, it is impossible to not have an interest in knowing! I do hope that she is well and that she can reestablish a relationship with her children and with her family members who were so worried about her.

Agreed to everything you wrote above, @SteveP. Wow. I just opened WS and saw a new post on her thread, so on a whim clicked on it, NOT thinking I'd read she was found. I hope she is well.

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida woman who went missing over 10 months ago has been found, according to police.

Last year, the Cape Coral Police Department reported that Erica Ann Johnson went missing after taking a Greyhound bus to Tampa on July 8, 2022.
missing-woman-1.jpg

Reports said Johnson had canceled an appointment to see her children before leaving the area. For months, there was no trace of Johnson’s whereabouts until this past weekend.

On May 27, the Cape Coral Police Department said the woman was found safe in Ohio. Little else is known about her return

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back