FL - Federal Prosecutor Arrested In Child Sex Sting

I worry about this also, but since he tried to hang himself, perhaps he knows he is going down, - even with his bs plea
Really, I didn't know he tried to hang himself....wow...I need to start reading the paper daily. He's been on the front page everyday since this thing broke. And last I heard he had been placed and taken off of suicide watch.
Can you imagine...his poor wife works at the local high school and his youngest is still in high school!! How do you face people after something like this happens!???
And what really burns me up :furious: is people are still talking about how he was the "pillar of the community" crap.. :hand: :silenced:

This is happening in my town right now. So far no new victims have come forward........maybe he kept his indiscretions out of town.
Since he's pled not guilty I'm wondering if he was able to cover his tracks and will get off. If they can't prove he's involved, unfortunately he will get off....I would think the only evidence they would have is the computer (which he could have used any and have it hidden) and phone records..(he could have used calling card and/or pay phones)
I just think he has something up his sleeve pleading not guilty!

I don't see how he could get out of it. He made arrangements with a cop to fly to where ever to have sex with a 5 yr old and he showed up with a doll in his arms. That is enough to convict him. They will read the emails in court and the cop will testify. I don't see how he can beat that charge.

Also, beware whenever you see the acronym AB/DL is stands for adault baby/diaper lover. There are some real freaks into this. There is a guy out here in AZ that was the subject of an article in the New Times. He drives around in a car that has a license plate "diaper1" and he is not ashamed to tell everyone he dresses as a baby 24/7, even to go to the store. It is really wierd fetish some people have.

How disturbing! I can't believe his myspace account is still active. I have NEVER heard of this before, but I after I read this, I checked youtube and google, and found other websites and videos.

I flagged the videos as innappropriate. But I Have to wonder why myspace is leaving his account active. And I wish there was a fast and easy way to notify the company's that are hosting those other tb/ab/dl websites that they are lures for disturbed people and sometimes case pedophiles.

How disturbing! I can't believe his myspace account is still active. I have NEVER heard of this before, but I after I read this, I checked youtube and google, and found other websites and videos.

I flagged the videos as innappropriate. But I Have to wonder why myspace is leaving his account active. And I wish there was a fast and easy way to notify the company's that are hosting those other tb/ab/dl websites that they are lures for disturbed people and sometimes case pedophiles.

This is the place to come if you want to see what all of the perverts and freaks in the world are up to! I had never heard of such a thing either. This guy didn't just stick to big babies in diapers though. He made his mistake when he wanted to have sex with a 5 year old. He hints at different ages in his MySpace but doesn't come right out and say little girls.

If I was this creep's wife I would be talking to my daughters to see if he ever did anything to them. It wouldn't surprise me at all. This all started somewhere and it is usually in the home if there are daughters, etc.

It is just a really strange fetish. Most of these men want to be babied and want a "mommy". I doubt most of these wierdos are pedophiles. The guy out here has a website too, I am trying to remember it. Out of sick curiosity I went to it. It is also called infantilism or something like that.

HA I found the New Times article on this guy out here, his website i think is mentioned in it from what I remember

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-06-09/news/baby-man/

I don't see how he could get out of it. He made arrangements with a cop to fly to where ever to have sex with a 5 yr old and he showed up with a doll in his arms. That is enough to convict him. They will read the emails in court and the cop will testify. I don't see how he can beat that charge.
Bobbie...If they cannot locate the computer that he used or trace any calls he made his defense is no evidence. I don't believe this is an open and shut case without those 2 elements.
Someone earlier asked about his children...I know he has a 19yr old daughter...not sure the sex of the others.

1~ What misfire in the brain has any adult looking at a child and thinking "oh yeah, I want that"?

I don't know. Something very bad wrong there.
I do not believe people "choose" what turns them on. So I feel bad for people who are turned on by kids. Its horrible and sad.

I DO hold people responsible for their actions. You dont' have act on your horrible sexual urges. This man is reprehensible.

There is no safe place anymore for kids to be left alone without their parents. I'm glad that my kids are grown because if they weren't I would probably either home school them or go to school with them. Look at all of the pervert school teachers who have gotten caught in the last year or two. Those are just the ones that have gotten caught. It's a scary world and every child needs to be taught how to protect themselves against the perverts of this world. I taught the granddaughter that I raised how to protect herself and also never to let someone get her in their car regardless of what you have to do to keep from getting put in there. Once they have you in their car you are dead.

It wasn't safe "back then" either.
My father was molested by a camp counselor and a religious leader (some leader at his synagogue) and my father is 72 years old. We just know more about it than we did before.

I don't want to be paranoid and NEVER feel comfortable leaving my child with a babysitter, at a friends house, at the boy scouts or another event. So I'll raise my child to understand molestation and how its wrong and how he should behave should someone be inappropriate with him.

Bobbie...If they cannot locate the computer that he used or trace any calls he made his defense is no evidence. I don't believe this is an open and shut case without those 2 elements.
Someone earlier asked about his children...I know he has a 19yr old daughter...not sure the sex of the others.

But the person who the detective had been talking to pretending that she was the mother of a 5 yr old etc, is the person that showed up at the airport that they were supposed to meet at...doll in hand. That has to scream guilty.

Wouldn't his wife know if there was a computer missing from the house or if he had a laptop that is now missing?

It is just a really strange fetish. Most of these men want to be babied and want a "mommy". I doubt most of these wierdos are pedophiles. The guy out here has a website too, I am trying to remember it. Out of sick curiosity I went to it. It is also called infantilism or something like that.

HA I found the New Times article on this guy out here, his website i think is mentioned in it from what I remember

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-06-09/news/baby-man/

I just saw an excellent movie called Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Barker. It featured a lactating hooker who catered to such clientele. Really great movie.

I don't care if this man was into all that stuff as long as his partners were consenting adults, but it sounds like that's not the case. I am glad he is somewhere where he can no longer harm children.

He killed himself today:

Fla. Prosecutor Accused of Sex Crimes Commits Suicide

A Florida prosecutor jailed for trying to have sex with a little girl from Michigan has committed suicide.

Investigators say John David Atchison flew to Detroit to have sex with the five-year-old child. He made arrangements online with an undercover deputy.

Friday, he hanged himself at the federal prison in Milan.

He killed himself today:

A Florida prosecutor jailed for trying to have sex with a little girl from Michigan has committed suicide.

Investigators say John David Atchison flew to Detroit to have sex with the five-year-old child. He made arrangements online with an undercover deputy.

works for me---

More Information:

Federal prosecutor accused of sex crime commits suicide in Milan
Robert Snell / The Detroit News
MILAN --A federal prosecutor from Florida indicted for allegedly flying to Detroit to have sex with a 5-year-old girl, committed suicide this morning in a segregated cell for suicidal inmates at a Milan federal prison.

Details were pending but John David "Roy" Atchison was found unresponsive this morning inside his cell and taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 10:17 a.m., said Felicia Ponce, spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Washington, D.C.
"The death appears to be the result of a suicide and a thorough investigation is under way," Ponce said.

The suicide comes 15 days after Atchison, 53, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., tried to hang himself in the Sanilac County Jail, his initial stop before being transferred to the Federal Correctional Institution in Milan. The prison, about 16 miles south of Ypsilanti, is for low-security male inmates and has a detention center for pretrial inmates.

Ponce said Atchison was found inside a one-man cell inside a special-housing unit for inmates who are segregated from other inmates for a variety of reasons and evaluated to determine if they can be housed with other inmates. The prison has 1,424 inmates.

The Sept. 20 suicide attempt came about 36 hours after Atchison asked a federal judge to take him off a suicide watch, assuring her he would not try to harm himself. In that attempt, Atchison tied a sheet around his neck, but the attempt was discovered by sheriff's deputies before he had a chance to harm himself.

Taxomom: "Hope he's enjoying his new, warmer climate."

I know it is inappropriate to laugh at any death, but this was so funny!

Good...one less sick monster walking the world...maybe in the end this is best not only for the world but this monster's wife and kids...Now the wife won't have to tell people her hubby is in jail for being a sick pedo monster but can say he's dead instead.
But as far as the sicko goes in one way I wish he'd been made to face his allegations and the humiliation, but in another way, well there is no chance of him harming a child or another child, God only knows which.

I do hope his family won't sue because he wasn't supervised closely enough....that WAS why he was moved to a different (or different part of) jail correct?

Committing suicide says a lot to me about his guilt. I feel sorry for his family, but his death saves the court system the time and expense of a trial.

He killed himself today:

Well I can't say I am sorry! One less evil preditor that we have to worry about protecting our children from!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back