FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

sds71

Reaction score
@jonkarl

Donald Trump been indicted. His lawyers gave been informed that he needs to report to federal court in Miami on Tuesday,

Seven counts — related to his handling of classified documents and obstruction of justice, reports @KFaulders

@jdawsey1

TRUMP says on Truth Social that DOJ has told his attorneys he’s been indicted on the “boxes hoax.”

Link to the 44 page Grand Jury Indictment of June 8, 2023

Last edited by a moderator:

@jonkarl

Donald Trump been indicted. His lawyers gave been informed that he needs to report to federal court in Miami on Tuesday,

Seven counts — related to his handling of classified documents and obstruction of justice, reports @KFaulders

@jdawsey1

TRUMP says on Truth Social that DOJ has told his attorneys he’s been indicted on the “boxes hoax.”

Thanks! ABC's Jon Karl is on right now talking about it! Interesting that it will be in Florida rather than D.C.

JMO

@jonkarl

@jdawsey1

In the Mar A Lago affidavit ..... In the first 15 boxes that were taken from Mar A Lago .... 14 boxes contained classified documents.

"184 unique documents bearing classification markings, including 67 documents marked as Confidential, 92 documents marked as Secret, and 25 documents marked Top Secret"

In the Mar A Lago affidavit ..... In the first 15 boxes that were taken from Mar A Lago .... 14 boxes contained classified documents.

"184 unique documents bearing classification markings, including 67 documents marked as Confidential, 92 documents marked as Secret, and 25 documents marked Top Secret"
What on earth was the guy thinking? I'm shocked Trump still has a base of supporters. smh

His arraignment will be Tuesday, at Federal Courthouse in Miami.

JMO

Conspiracy (others were involved), willful retention, obstruction charges. No details because the indictment is sealed.

I think I heard in the live ABC7 broadcast that the House Intelligence Committee now want to sit down with the Biden team and review any threats to National Security.

The investigation has broadly been focused on three statutes under title 18 of the US code, according to the FBI’s search warrant affidavit for Mar-a-Lago: wilful retention of national defense information, obstruction of justice and the retention of government documents.

The espionage investigation has been focused on whether Trump showed off national security materials in his office at Mar-a-Lago, and has questioned multiple witnesses about whether Trump waved around classified documents he had kept when no longer authorized to after he left office.

Prosecutors have also asked witnesses about documents concerning potential US military action against Iran, after Trump referenced such a document in a meeting at Bedminster in July 2021 where he said he could not show a certain document because he did not declassify it when president.

To that end, prosecutors have showed an Iran document to some witnesses who appeared before the Washington grand jury and asked whether they had ever seen the material by Trump or anyone else. It was not clear whether any witness confirmed seeing the document, one of the people said.

The investigation into the obstruction, meanwhile, has focused on whether the failure by Trump to fully comply with the subpoena last year was a deliberate act of obstruction because he wanted to retain the classified documents even after he had left office, the people said.

Last June, the since-recused Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran found 38 classified documents in the storage room at Mar-a-Lago and told the justice department that no further materials remained there – which came into question when the FBI seized 101 more classified documents months later.

Corcoran later told associates he felt misled because he had asked whether he should search elsewhere at Mar-a-Lago, such as Trump’s office, but was waved off, the Guardian first reported. Corcoran’s notes also showed he told Trump he had to return all classified documents in his possession.

What on earth was the guy thinking? I'm shocked Trump still has a base of supporters. smh

JMO

Probably what he was thinking is .... "I never thought it possible that such a thing could happen to a former President of the United States," he wrote on Truth Social.

Probably what he was thinking is .... "I never thought it possible that such a thing could happen to a former President of the United States," he wrote on Truth Social.

His narcissistic arrogance is breathtaking! I wonder which case will have precedence in court? This one or the New York indictment. And we still haven't heard whether the Jan. 6th investigation will result in an indictment.

JMO

Donald Trump indicted over classified documents case​

Former US President Donald Trump has been indicted over his handling of classified documents after he left the White House.

"I never thought it possible that such a thing could happen to a former President of the United States," he wrote on Truth Social.

It is the second indictment of Mr Trump, who is running to be the Republican Party's candidate for president in 2024.

Details of the indictment are unclear.

[...]

An indictment enables the prosecution of a suspect for offences they are charged with.

The BBC has tried to contact the Department for Justice, which has not released any details of an indictment.

I think I heard on the live ABC7 broadcast that it is a Speaking Indictment. (Difficult trying to keep up with what the legal talking heads are saying.)

Eg: A "speaking indictment" is a document that criminally charges one or more defendants in a given jurisdiction and includes much more detailed information about the crimes than is required by law.

Speaking indictments can be particularly useful in a complex, high-profile case (like the Mueller probe) to give as much context as possible for the defendants, the members of the grand jury convened to hear testimony, hand-down indictments, and the public.

What is a speaking indictment

No, Trump didn’t follow the Presidential Records Act. No, Obama and the Bushes didn’t take millions of papers. No, the feds couldn’t have just asked nicely. No, 1,850 Biden boxes haven’t vanished.

Former President Donald Trump has made numerous false and unsupported claims about the federal investigation into his handling of government documents, a probe he announced Thursday has resulted in his indictment.

Here is a fact check of seven of the claims Trump has made about the investigation since the FBI raided his Mar-a-Lago resort and residence in August 2022

Last edited:
[...]
Trump has made claims that he is the victim of a politically-motivated conspiracy to keep him from returning to office an animating force of his political movement.
[...]
The top of his social media feed on Truth Social reads: “THEY’RE NOT COMING AFTER ME, THEY’RE COMING AFTER YOU—I’M JUST STANDING IN THEIR WAY!” When he was indicted in Manhattan in April, Trump raised more than $1 million in campaign funds off the news.
[...]
Trump’s allies were quick to defend the former President, and claim that the federal indictment was a play by President Joe Biden to torpedo Trump’s campaign.
[...]

Fun Fact: The DOJ has a 99.6% conviction rate.
Ar a rule - I don't drink alcohol but did drink a toast when he got charged in NY with fraud. It was champagne my daughter bought at the gas station.
Gonna need another bottle of gas station champagne by Tuesday!

[...]
Trump has made claims that he is the victim of a politically-motivated conspiracy to keep him from returning to office an animating force of his political movement.
[...]
The top of his social media feed on Truth Social reads: “THEY’RE NOT COMING AFTER ME, THEY’RE COMING AFTER YOU—I’M JUST STANDING IN THEIR WAY!” When he was indicted in Manhattan in April, Trump raised more than $1 million in campaign funds off the news.
[...]
Trump’s allies were quick to defend the former President, and claim that the federal indictment was a play by President Joe Biden to torpedo Trump’s campaign.
[...]
BBM. What amazes me is that Trump still has allies. I have several family members who voted for Trump and now they are very angry at him because of his many lies. The man betrayed their trust. It all makes Watergate look like a cake walk.

JMO

NBC News has new details about the seven charges against the former president: "Two sources briefed on the seven charges told NBC News the charges include false statements and conspiracy to obstruct. All charges are related to retaining documents and obstructing justice."

One source notes that seven charges doesn’t necessarily mean seven counts, because there can be multiple counts associated with each charge.

IMO this could be why this indictment will be heard in FL. Local charges pertaining to Mar A Lago.

If there are any further indictments (say, for espionage or insurrection or chatting about Iran invasions while at Bedminster) I would expect those types of charges would be heard in the govt seat of the country, DC.

JMO
He has 30 million rabid supporters who love him and will vote for him: he was right when he said he could kill someone on fifth avenue and he would still be loved by these people. It is astounding and unbelievable but it is reality. They will love him even more now. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member