GUILTY FL - Fred Laster, 16, found dismembered, Lake City, 5 June 1994 *youth pastor arrest*

BREAKING: Freddy will be released to the Laster Family September 30th; and he will be laid to rest in the first half of October. This is news from Freddy's brother; who received the info from his sister (Freddy's twin) after a phone call from the SAO.

Not seeing news on the October 3 court date. ?
The court date was moved to the 17th. For some reason it was cancelled.

I was also informed October 21st will be Freddy’s funeral and burial in Fernandina Beach. The family received his remains on the 30th of September.

Hey everyone!

I have some updates I’d like to share with everyone, some good, some bad and some...eh.

First the good news: Freddy is now home. Saturday was the funeral and burial of Freddy Laster, after being put away at the Duval County Medical Examiner’s Office for 23 years. His service was held at Oxley-Heard Funeral Home, and he was interred at a cemetery in Yulee, FL; near his relatives who preceded him in death. It was a private service and members of the media were not invited.
Fred Laster’s Case has caught the special attention of a news reporter with Action News Jax by the name of Kevin Clark. He has been on the case since day 1 and is assisting in helping this case see light. His admiration for the Laster family’s strength and dedication to seeing justice is something that has helped him follow this case when others will not. Please stay tuned for his name to appear once more soon.

The Eh: Ronnie Hyde had a court appearance at the Duval County Courthouse on the 17th of October; once again getting another continuance, which was expected. He will have another pretrial hearing next month on the 20th. He was in jail during the October Pretrial hearing while Anne Finnell, his attorney, represented him in court.
In regards to dates of the trial, we will probably not get one until next spring, with the rate the pretrial hearings are going. However, it is important to know that depositions are taking place in Jacksonville and Lake City; with depo’s being taken from FBI agent Abbigale Beccacio in Jacksonville at the SA’s Office today. On October 30th, CCSO’s Jimmy Watson will have his in Lake City at the Sheriff’s Office.

The Bad: My computer is busted. I’ve been using my phone to communicate on WS, so apologies for late responses and updates. It’s difficult to type like this so I’m seeking a new laptop. While this is happening, this also means I cannot update my website.
I am currently seeking a moderator to help edit my website for news and updates. If you think you are a fit, let me know and I’ll add you on!

That is the news for now, stay tuned!

UPDATE:

So far, I have no real news to share in regards to the process of the trial; however I wanted to let everyone know that Hyde will be back in court in the middle of January. With all of the things happening around this case, I have a gut feeling we may not have a summer trial as I first thought. I am now under the assumption that the trial will begin sometime in 2019. The reason is because I think both sides are needing time to build their cases for and against Hyde. A pattern has been established in the fact that numerous pretrial hearings have been granted since June. Also, we must remember that Hyde waived his right to a speedy trial; so with that alone, we could be in for the long haul. Stay tuned.

Good day everyone:

I just received some information from the Duval County Clerk of Courts Office pertaining to the Ronnie Hyde Trial. Some of this information is leading me to believe firmly that we may not see a trial until early in 2019. Here is the following updates:

*DEPOSITIONS: Depo's are planned to be taken by Hyde's defense counsel from Daisey Price and Dawn Williams; the sisters of Fred Laster. The date provided is January 11th, 2018 at the State Attorney's Office in Jacksonville, FL. Additionally, it shows that Dawn will have hers set from 1:30PM-2:30PM and Daisey from 2:30-3:30PM. I will be working to bring you updates on those depositions in the next few weeks.

*DISCOVERY: Ronnie Hyde has plans to fully participate in the Discovery phase of the pretrial, according to his defense counsel in a letter to the State Attorney. He is also requesting the state to furnish their current findings. He is still currently waiting on another pretial hearing, which is set for January 16th, 2018 with Judge Cox. I will also keep everyone updated on what happens; but I am certain another pretrial date will be set then.

That's all for now.

The State Attorney's Office has evidence of Hyde molesting another teenage boy

The state attorney's office says the evidence points to multiple instances of child molestation of another unnamed teenage boy between the ages of 12 and 15, from 1992 to 1994.
After Hyde's arrest in March, a young man came forward, telling the FBI he'd been a runaway in 1992, and Hyde had started mentoring him. It's unclear whether it's the same man referenced in the filing.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/prosecution-files-notice-of-other-crimes-in-ronnie-hyde-case

The State Attorney's Office has evidence of Hyde molesting another teenage boy

https://www.news4jax.com/news/prosecution-files-notice-of-other-crimes-in-ronnie-hyde-case

Yes I’m currently working on an article for the new website and Facebook on this. Seems like there is a whole lot of information that I received in relation to this by a Laster brother. It seems that the victim was a member of the SFL church and that he knew Ronnie Hyde around the time of the murder. Additionally, the report that highlights the victim shows that he may also have information pertaining to Freddy Laster’s murder in 1994, after taking some kind of a deal with the Tennessee State Law Enforcement.

I did find out who the victim was, and it appears that he was booked for a schedule IV drug charge in October and that for a lighter sentence, he will be testifying at the trial in December.

Based on what I read it also looks like he was also used in some of the child *advertiser censored* videos and photos that were discovered during the search warrant too. This poor boy, having to relive everything all over again.

Hey folks, wanted to provide some detailed updates related to the recent revelations in court documents, sorry for the delay on this:

NEW SEX CRIMES: Hyde is expected to be charged with an additional sex crime in relation to the sex assault of a young man named CS in court documents. The crimes were committed between 1992-1994; roughly around the same time Hyde was cordial with the Laster family.
Based on some research, I was able to locate the victim’s name (which will be protected), and what was discovered is that in October 2017, he was charged with possessing a Schedule IV drug. It was discovered during the questioning of this crime that he had been associated in the past with Hyde and that as part of a plea bargain, he will serve as a witness in the trial of Ronnie Hyde. Because of this revelation, there is a chance that he may be aware of what occurred on the day of June 5th, 1994.
Additional research also shows based on court documents that CS was a victim of Ronnie Hyde’s, with the revelations of molestation and sexual assault; as well as being in the child *advertiser censored* images and videos of Ron Hyde.

State vs. Ronnie Leon Hyde: The trial date for Hyde has been set. It appears that the final pretrial for Hyde will be in November; with a start date of December 3rd. However, the dates are subjected to change. I will be present at the Duval County Courthouse with the Laster family on the day of the trial, providing updates as it moves along.
There is also a strong chance that the child *advertiser censored* charges and the murder charges are separated, a call that has yet been answered by the state. If this occurs, an update will be provided.

It is likely a positive if the charges are separated. Double jeopardy and such ...

If they are not able to convict on the murder charge, the child *advertiser censored* charges and these additional sex crime charges would add up to time enough to keep him behind bars for life.

It is likely a positive if the charges are separated. Double jeopardy and such ...

If they are not able to convict on the murder charge, the child *advertiser censored* charges and these additional sex crime charges would add up to time enough to keep him behind bars for life.

JaxBeach, you know as this case continues on, I am beginning to see why they would want to separate the charges. I am now under the impression that this would indeed be a good thing!

NEW DOCUMENT LIBRARY ON THE LAKE CITY JOHN DOE WEBSITE
​
Hey WebSleuthers,

I have made a library for every document the Duval County Clerks Office has made public in regards to this case on my Lake City John Doe Website. This way, it will be easier for people to access the court documents without having to go through the Duval County Clerk's Website hurdles. They are update through today and will continue to make regular updates to the library.

The link to the library is: https://www.lakecityjohndoe.com/the-ronnie-hyde-files.html

Additionally, the new website link is now www.lakecityjohndoe.com; we are no longer subdomained! New things will be added to the website as we go along!

Finally, A Trial Date has been set for Hyde. He now faces a jury Dec. 3rd. I WILL be there, getting my plane tickets soon!

Attachments

• 3-7-17 Arrest and Booking Report with Affidavit.pdf
    635.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3-7-17Criminal Indigent Status.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 3-9-17 Information of Charges, with Affidavit.pdf
    782 KB · Views: 4
  • 3-10-17 Arrest and Booking Report (corrected changes).pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 3-28-17 Case Fees Paid.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
Here is my interview with Richard Laster, the brother of Fred Paul Laster:

[video=youtube;4GRmyBVot5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GRmyBVot5A&t=21s[/video]

BREAKING: Second Notice of Other Crimes and Wrongdoings has been filed with the Duval County Courts, according to the Duval Clerk’s CORE website. The document is still locked but should be released soon. Will keep everyone updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back