FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Last edited by a moderator:
In the State's motion dated Jan 21 2022 it was stated that the court would present evidence that CA, DA and WA were co conspirators in the murder of DM. This would happen during KM's trial. Did the evidence show the A's had the motive and initiated the plan to kill DM by enlisting KM. I'm biased, so you know my answer.

co conspiritors.PNG

Someone asked on the prior thread about Charlie's life in jail. There is a Youtube channel called True Lifestyles which is covering this case and she's gotten quite a bit of info about his life in jail--calls he's made to whom and things as simple as snacks he can buy from the commissary. I think, due to Covid, the jail is still on lockdown for personal visitors but they can visit over a tablet (for a fee). Seems his most "visited" person (calls) is a counselor who is a beautiful Asian woman.

@Niner -- You may have already seen this info in the last thread ... but the next scheduled court dates are Sept. 9 at 9am for an Arthur hearing (i.e., hearing for bond request) and December 2 at 9am for a case management conference.

Attachments

• image_orders.asp (1).pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 16
@Niner -- You may have already seen this info in the last thread ... but the next scheduled court dates are Sept. 9 at 9am for an Arthur hearing (i.e., hearing for bond request) and December 2 at 9am for a case management conference.

Yes I did - thank you @GordonX - the thread closed before I could thank you! And @clearskies1 - thanks for reposting it! :)

July 29, 2022
[...]
Following the hearings, Kawass stood for an hour with media, talking about the case and what’s to come. She said that while Magbanua will have a public defender for any possible appeals, she and her co-counsel Christopher DeCoste remain by her side.

Kawass suggested reporters look into a small piece of evidence tucked into the testimony of Shoddrick Nobles, a man who met Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera and sold them drugs on their trips to Tallahassee. During one trip, the hitmen had car trouble, and Nobles attested that the duo considered calling a woman who lived in Tallahassee for help.

“It couldn’t have been Katie,” Kawass said. “She was in Miami.”

Kawass emphasized her desire for Garcia to cooperate, in order to bring the other parties to justice. Kawass is confident that Garcia could do so, and expressed that if Magbanua were to finally confess her role and provide additional information, she would support that decision fully.

But if and until then, a new wait begins.

July 29, 2022
[...]
Following the hearings, Kawass stood for an hour with media, talking about the case and what’s to come. She said that while Magbanua will have a public defender for any possible appeals, she and her co-counsel Christopher DeCoste remain by her side.

Kawass suggested reporters look into a small piece of evidence tucked into the testimony of Shoddrick Nobles, a man who met Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera and sold them drugs on their trips to Tallahassee. During one trip, the hitmen had car trouble, and Nobles attested that the duo considered calling a woman who lived in Tallahassee for help.

Kawass emphasized her desire for Garcia to cooperate, in order to bring the other parties to justice. Kawass is confident that Garcia could do so, and expressed that if Magbanua were to finally confess her role and provide additional information, she would support that decision fully.

It sounds like Kawass is pointing to Wendi here -- as the contact person in Tallahassee. I seriously doubt they had her contact info. They may have known of her existence there but she did a very good job insulating herself from the crime, imo.

This Arthur Hearing is just a waste of time. They're not letting him out on bail!

If this hearing happens, it could be interesting -- possibly offer some evidence we haven't seen in the other trials. JMO.
I hope so but am guessing that it will mostly be them trying to portray CA as an upstanding individual to warrant letting him out. Ordinarily, a person's family would probably be there to demonstrate that the person is stable and has roots in the community. But in this case not sure that displaying family will help!

Hmmm, didn’t WA testify that the Markels were part of this celebration?

[elder sons] milestone bar mitzvah came and went in May with no members of their father’s family present in person or via livestream — that invitation was revoked after Charlie’s arrest, despite other guests still welcome to celebrate. All the while, the boys’ other grandmother, Donna, was present in the synagogue: the same grandmother who had accused Dan of being a “religious zealot” for his commitment to Jewish tradition; who had suggested Wendi threaten to convert the boys to Catholicism if Dan didn’t let them move to Miami; and who had floated the idea of dressing the boys in Hitler Youth costumes to make a bigger statement.

Edited to add: in this article below, Ruth Markel says they spent time with the children the day prior to the ceremony, for the first time in six years and at the invitation of WA. But then CA was arrested and the Markels were told not to come to the ceremony: “After Adelson’s arrest, and the implication of his mother, the Markels were told not to come to [elder son’s] bar mitzvah.”

Last edited:
July 29, 2022
[...]

look at
go 26 minutes in (Law and Crime video - Shaddrick Nobles on the stand). " She can come and get the car " Now the question is - which trip was this ? I think it was the first trip - reason being that the Prius had been repaired after the bullet in the gas line on the 17th.
They may have ?? driven in early June all the way through to Tallahassee after the traffic stop where Rivera's name was taken and then got cold feet about using that car in a possible murder. It's known as fact that the Altura ?? was changed for a Sonata but in Miami. I'm not sure of the timing but it is known that the first car was left in Miami rather than returning it early.

KM is implicated in the picking up of the Sonata from phone records. It makes complete sense that KM is the "she".

I hope so but am guessing that it will mostly be them trying to portray CA as an upstanding individual to warrant letting him out. Ordinarily, a person's family would probably be there to demonstrate that the person is stable and has roots in the community. But in this case not sure that displaying family will help!
I'd sure love to see Donna show up and try though.

If this hearing happens, it could be interesting -- possibly offer some evidence we haven't seen in the other trials. JMO.
I think Charlie is arrogant enough to really believe he will be given bond. I hope he testifies in the hearing--or better yet, Donna assuring the court she will take him (straight to the airport) in to her home and coddle him and make sure her wittle baby doesn't to anything bad or wrong. I think it will definitely happen--Charlie will use any excuse to get out of the jail and go somewhere else. I look forward to seeing how his appearance shifts after another couple of months.

They call this hearing a "mini-trial" and looks like they blocked out a whole morning for it, so hopefully we will get a little more court time.

look at
go 26 minutes in (Law and Crime video - Shaddrick Nobles on the stand). " She can come and get the car " Now the question is - which trip was this ? I think it was the first trip - reason being that the Prius had been repaired after the bullet in the gas line on the 17th.
They may have ?? driven in early June all the way through to Tallahassee after the traffic stop where Rivera's name was taken and then got cold feet about using that car in a possible murder. It's known as fact that the Altura ?? was changed for a Sonata but in Miami. I'm not sure of the timing but it is known that the first car was left in Miami rather than returning it early.

KM is implicated in the picking up of the Sonata from phone records. It makes complete sense that KM is the "she".

I'm not sure what I think of this guy. He lives in his car and drags his girlfriend around to drug deals with strangers and still claims he's not a dealer. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow