FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Last edited by a moderator:

Circuit Judge Robert Wheeler, in a Wednesday order, set jury selection for Monday, Oct. 23, with testimony beginning on or before Monday, Oct. 30.

Ms Markel is looking fabulous, her book was wonderful too!
Apr 12, 2023 #justicefordanmarkel #danmarkel #truecrime

''Dan Markel's mother Ruth Markel & "Brainwashing Children" author John Steinbeck are the special guests in this interview. We discuss Prof. Dan Markel's murder and the guests' respective experiences with grandparent/parent alienation. Markel was shot by a hitman on July 18, 2014, and his former wife & in-laws are suspected of being behind the murder for hire. Markel's former brother-in-law Charlie Adelson will be on trial in late October for his role in the murder conspiracy. Steinbeck and his brother Carl Steinbeck have also focused on the Dan Markel case on their YouTube channels: Brainwashing Children and Jury Trial Mentor. Ruth Markel is the author of her recent book about Dan's murder "The Unveiling" and 9 other books. The Markel Act was passed in 2022 in Florida, to allow grandparents to have visitation rights in cases where the child's parent was found criminally or civilly liable for the death of the other parent.''

Not too sure IF this is happening today - but I shall post it... at least I can shorten it up a bit. :)

Friday, April 21st:
*Case Management Hearing – MAYBE! (@ 10am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Charles Jay Adelson (37 @ time of crime/45/now 46) was indicted (4/20/22), arrested & charged (4/21/22) & booked (in Leon County 4/25/22) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder & solicitation to commit murder. No bond (denied bond 4/26/22). Bond release denied (9/9/22).
Jury selection was set to begin on 4/24/23 was continued on 10/23/23. (3 to 4 days for jury selection to 10/27).
Trial set to begin on 10/30/23. (thru 11/9/23).

Court info from 4/21/22 thru 2/13/23 reference post #861 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-markel-murdered-by-hitmen-13.631568/page-44

2/23/23: Defense files motion for continuance of trial until late July or August. Case management conference on 2/24/23 has been moved 2/28/23 @ 10am. Same time as the hearing on motion to seal the proffers.
2/28/23 Update: Leon Circuit Judge Robert Wheeler will decide whether to delay Adelson’s trial & whether to keep secret until trial statements Magbanua made to the State. Judge Wheeler orders Magbanua's proffers to the State to be sealed until trial. Also Judge Wheeler granted defense motion to continuance of trial. Judge Wheeler asked the lawyers to check their calendar & propose new dates for perhaps late September & early October.
for more info see post #862 to 864 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-markel-murdered-by-hitmen-13.631568/page-44

2/28/23 Update: 3/2/23: Protective order filed for C. Adelson. 3/7/23: Transcripts of motions & case management hearing on 2/28/23. Next hearing on 4/21/23 @ 10am.
3/15/23 Update: Upcoming hearings: Case management hearing on 8/25/23 @ 9am will be held in Leon County. Discovery deadline is 9/22/23. Pretrial motions filing deadline is 9/22/23. Pending motions in Limine will be set for hearings promptly, but at the latest in Sept. or early October, 2023. A pretrial hearing on 10/20/23 @ 9am in Leon County. Jury selection will start on 10/23/23 @ 8:30am in Leon County. The court anticipates that jury selection will conclude on or before Friday, 10/27/23. Testimony will being on or before Monday, 10/30/23. The court anticipates that trial will conclude on or before Thursday, 11/9/23 per Circuit Judge Robert R. Wheeler.
*Katharine Diana Magbanua (32/now 38) – 5/27/22: Found guilty on ALL charges Sentenced on 7/29/22 for murder LWOP & for conspiracy & solicitation two 30 consecutive years in prison. 8/4/22: Magbanua has transitioned to the FL Department of Corrections Women's Reception Center in Ocala, thus ending a very lengthy six-year stay in the Leon County Jail.
*Sigfredo Garcia (34/now 40) – 10/10/19: Found guilty of 1st degree murder. Guilty of conspiracy. Not guilty of solicitation. Sentenced to LWOP for murder plus 30 years for conspiracy charge. 11/4/19: Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Mauricio Padilla; Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Saam Zangeneh. His appeal was denied.
*Luis Rivera (33/now 39) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. Testified against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.

POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson. Investigators have not charged any of these people in the Adelson family in connection with Markel’s death, except Charlie; but say Adelson’s mother & brother – Donna & Charlie Adelson – paid $100K to have Markel killed following the couple’s contentious divorce so their two young sons could move to South Florida.

'' Apr 20, 2023
According to prosecutors, in July of 2018, 4 members of a wealthy South Florida family decided it was time to get rid of a pesky ex-husband (FSU Law Professor Dan Markel) of the princess of the family, Wendi Adelson. They resorted to murder. One of them, Charles Adelson, was finally indicted for his role in the murder one year ago, on April 20, 2023.''

Recently, I've been missing my late father more than not and have to ask who can do this-- take away your own child's father. Unfathomable. o_O
It is unfathomable- I am sorry you lost your father---- The Adelson family has turned the children against their deceased father. I can only imagine the horrible things she said to them about him. This case makes me sick and I await the day they put Wendi in cuffs.

April 25 2023 rbbm
1682436755877.png
''The Toronto woman could be forgiven if she crawled into a ball and hid in a corner for the remaining decades of her life but she did not.
Instead, she got mad.

On July 14, 2014, Markel’s only son, Daniel Markel, 41, an esteemed legal scholar and professor at Florida State University in Tallahassee, was cruelly shot to death in the driveway of his home in the middle of the day.''

She has been relentless in seeking justice for her son — and her family.

Now, Markel has been awarded the 2023 Agnes Furey Victim Survivor of the Year, as part of the National Crime Victims’ Rights Week.

“This honour is not mine alone. I share it with you, and our network of allies who have put so much heart and energy into supporting this pursuit of justice,” Markel said in an email to the Toronto Sun.''

“Ruth has never faltered. She has been there every step of the way kindly but firmly doing her level best to make sure her son’s killers are brought to justice and continuing to advocate for the arrest of everyone involved in Danny’s death,” her nomination reads.

After the arrests, Wendi Adelson cut off all contact between the Markels and their grandchildren.

“Ruth suddenly found herself not only the mother of a murdered child, but now without access to phone calls, visits or video chats with her beloved grandchildren. And there was nothing that she could do about it,” the nomination reads.''

@DeDee - I have your name down to ask about court hearings. Did Adelson have one on 4/21? I have him next on 8/25/23 for case management hearing & then a pretrial on 10/20/23.

Will there be a hearing before the August one?
TIA! :)

@DeDee - I have your name down to ask about court hearings. Did Adelson have one on 4/21? I have him next on 8/25/23 for case management hearing & then a pretrial on 10/20/23.

Will there be a hearing before the August one?
TIA! :)
Case management conference on 8/25 at 9:00am (nothing before that). There was no hearing on 4/21. Pretrial is still 10/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam