FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought we were gonna hear about all the details of the plot. I was frustrated that the state didn’t go in a linear fashion and bring out all the discussions between her and Charlie prior to the murder. Now I have my answer! She forgot?! No way! This foolish woman fears reputational damage over loss of freedom! She ended up saying she did it anyway! It’s so unbelievably stupid! And anyone with a brain would know she did it even if she didn’t admit to it.

Anyway thanks for the summary. I can imagine that LE had no patience with her by this point. JMO
I only watched the first portion from Mentour Lawyer's Live and apparently there's another two to watch.

I think it would've been better if Sanford had been given control in the interview. He did most to crack this case, he knows the case backwards & he was a better communicator. She's a tactical kind of woman & he gets that. If I'd have been Sanford I would have been frustrated at the other two officers in the room too. Take notes of what she says & ask your own questions at the end - let somebody lead fgs.

anyone here who wants to give Charlie benefit of the doubt and see how he testifies tomorrow? It seems to me everyone here screams Charlie is guilty even without his testimony
I believe he IS guilty. JMO. I know you’re supposed to go into this asking ”did the state prove its case,” but a better question is “does the evidence show he is guilty?” I believe that taken all together, it does. Sure, there are some nitpicks here and there, but it’s all consistent with guilt. There has been no other explanation offered except the defense theory. That theory just doesn’t make sense. It’s consistent with the evidence, though. But the state theory is, too. So it’s going to come down, for some jurors I guess, to which story is easier to believe. Unusual for a murder trial in which we have two confessions. Katie’s credibility vs. “Aliens Did It.”

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both WA and CA started dating their respective marks right at The same time almost. They both decided to lure in KM and JL to use both of them. Both relationships ended right after the murder for CA and with WA the Monday of that week. I don’t think they did anything other than use them and I think WA was trying to see if she could get JL to be William Hurt in Body Heat, but settled on making him just be the patsy to take the fall. He is blessed he left early.
It's interesting how JL and WA were casually dating, and they became a couple around the time DM was filing legal misrepresentation papers. The family dynamic is extremely odd. I wonder how the older brother fits into this family. I wonder if he was excommunicated for going against the authoritarian in the family? I wonder if he has any contact with them at all. I am glad he wasn't called as a witness despite being on the prosecution's witness list.

It's interesting how JL and WA were casually dating, and they became a couple around the time DM was filing legal misrepresentation papers. The family dynamic is extremely odd. I wonder how the older brother fits into this family. I wonder if he was excommunicated for going against the authoritarian in the family? I wonder if he has any contact with them at all. I am glad he wasn't called as a witness despite being on the prosecution's witness list.
They talk about him a little bit on one of the tapes, how he never makes time to see them.

Her demeanor is totally different in the proffer video than the person she seemed to be on the stand. Why didn’t she just talk like this? She sounds tough and in control. She sounds like she’s not telling the whole truth, but she sounds like she knows what she’s talking about and she wants to talk to them. No way she didn’t know he was with Luis. Do they ask her about the owl post, and how she said to take it down?

They are authoritarian for sure. He stopped speaking to them after he said they were being evasive answering anything about who could’ve done it. He said the mother said WA doesn’t like that you ask all these questions. He realized that was so odd because they did it and stopped speaking to them.

He went to the 70th bday party when he still talked to them before the murder. Thought he’d be called to say what they bought as the gift, but glad they didn’t call him.

They are authoritarian for sure. He stopped speaking to them after he said they were being evasive answering anything about who could’ve done it. He said the mother said WA doesn’t like that you ask all these questions. He realized that was so odd because they did it and stopped speaking to them.

He went to the 70th bday party when he still talked to them before the murder. Thought he’d be called to say what they bought as the gift, but glad they didn’t call him.
What did they buy as the gift? Where is he saying this?

Deep Dive True Crime (Mentor Lawyer) said he was going to publish the profors tonight (I believe KM's). Does anyone know if he has a 2nd channel? I don't see them yet.
He’s publishing them for a price. Trashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members