FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the conversation between Brianna (CA's baby mama) and Charlie in jail post conviction. When did they become close? I thought they had ongoing issues due to the denied paternity (which was eventually proven) and I thought she also had said some negative things about him on her Instagram not too long ago. Now she is supporting him post conviction, listening to him whine and go over his *facts* ad nauseam. Maybe she is playing nice to ensure she gets some $$ to support their son.

Also, Wendi ~ this has nothing to do with anything, but just curious when she got her lip fillers and breast implants?

Another websleuther brought up earlier today Wendy giving too much detail in the first interview. For example, When asked when is the last time she saw Dan, she talked and talked about everything she did for the past two weeks. When she was finally finished the detective asked…. So when did you last see Dan. It reminded me of her banana bread. She gives too much info when lying.

Also on court tv they had a body language expert who said her chest heaving is more indicative of anxiety. If she was mourning or deeply sad it comes from the core and weighs you down. Just found both interesting and something I missed the first few times watching her initial interview.

Last edited:
Regarding the baby mama. I thought the same thing - when did they get so friendly again? There was some very bad blood between them before. It’s so odd how many hangers on CA has. Granted he is the father of her child, but I don’t understand the dynamic. Maybe she’s just going through the motions to ensure their son is taken care of. She sure wasn’t getting much child support from him before all this! I know if it were me, I’d want to distance myself as far as I could from these people!

It could be that the defense attorney knew it was best for the Jury to see his client as a likeable, self-confident professional so CA gave it his best. In order for CA to appear confident in court meant he needed to believe he had a lifeline out of prison time. Maybe his attorney gave him that hope, and Charlie held it tightly, until the Sheriff's men placed him in shackles before the verdict was read. CA became panicked, in that moment of realization, for it was becoming all to real for him that he may not have the key to unlock the cuffs that bound him.

One reason CA repeats stuff about Wendi post-trial could be that the Prosecutors highlighted that aspect. They pressed hard on Wendi's words and deeds in CA's trial. They even brought in the officer who saw her incriminating turn around at Prescott. I do have my hopes high for a WA arrest without offering a predictive date.

jmho Wendi was Dan's worst nightmare. From the Tallahassee Democrat:
While he was away, his then-wife < > Wendi Adelson, moved out of the house, taking the toddlers with the help of her parents. Divorce paperwork dated Sept. 5, 2012, before Markel had left for his trip, sat on what used to be the couple’s shared bed. She left no address... [It would be weeks before Dan learned his sons were living in FL w/ WA, DA &HA.]

Twenty-two months later, at the same Trescott Drive house < >, Markel would be shot in the head while sitting in his black Honda Accord in the garage.

No pajama bottoms, no diapers, no wipes, not even the elder son’s bed remained at the house. All that was left was a crib mattress on the floor. She also took Markel’s tennis racket and family jewelry, and removed hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and equities from their bank and investment accounts. ... [she took] a 2-carat diamond ring belonging to Markel’s late great-aunt, a Holocaust survivor.

jmho On March 26, 2014, Dan filed a motion to limit DA's visitations with the boys to supervised visits. Dan died before the motion could be heard. Also, why did Wendi feel she deserved the treasured family heirloom ring that belonged to the Markel family? It's as if she stole it from them. How is she able to function -- as if everything is normal?

Regarding the baby mama. I thought the same thing - when did they get so friendly again? There was some very bad blood between them before. It’s so odd how many hangers on CA has. Granted he is the father of her child, but I don’t understand the dynamic. Maybe she’s just going through the motions to ensure their son is taken care of. She sure wasn’t getting much child support from him before all this! I know if it were me, I’d want to distance myself as far as I could from these people!
In addition the financial incentive, she is only 24. Not sure anyone that age would be equipped to deal with the Adelson's murderous house-of-cards.

Last edited:
I just listened to the conversation between Brianna (CA's baby mama) and Charlie in jail post conviction. When did they become close? I thought they had ongoing issues due to the denied paternity (which was eventually proven) and I thought she also had said some negative things about him on her Instagram not too long ago. Now she is supporting him post conviction, listening to him whine and go over his *facts* ad nauseam. Maybe she is playing nice to ensure she gets some $$ to support their son.

Also, Wendi ~ this has nothing to do with anything, but just curious when she got her lip fillers and breast implants?
I had the same reaction when I first heard it. Remarkable.

All I could think is that he's wormed himself back into her good books at some point over the 18 months in jail.
He's redeemed himself, in her eyes, as a father.
She loves him, she expected a Not Guilty verdict.
From refs in the tapes, all his old flames/women friends appear to have been in touch with each other during trial. There's another who's moved to Atlanta. Most of them seem to have watched the trial and believe he's innocent

Could BP just be gullible? She lives in a flat and basically works 9-5 according to Charlie in the tapes.
( One of the Youtubers has uploaded the convos he's had with his son. Heartbreaking. At least Gigi from Pretty Lies has had the decency to edit those out)

was reading backwards so didn't see your post.
Anyway ...agreed

Also, it puts her & her child at risk imo. Charlie, Donna & BP are all now on publicly-accessible tapes discussing access to large amounts of $$$$$, during the calls where they're making financial arrangements.

I think this is the video you are referring to

Up until I watched this video,I had really hard time thinking that Donna could have been that that evil.
My opinion changed. Is she in complete denial that her daughter prevented the Markels from visitation for 6 years ?
Did she expect that the hour she allowed them to visit ,that the boys would feel comfortable hugging and kissing them? And in front of someone she brought along?Not even alone time?
How dare Donna treat the parents of a man the family murdered this way.
Heartless woman.
Charlie is asking how many times they have seen the boys bc his sister lied on the stand ,and Donna is supporting Wendi.
It is so sad that Donna was able to manipulate not only her own family but her grandsons.
I don’t know how those boys will ever come to terms with the evil they lived under.
I hope that every day Wendi looks at Lincoln she is reminded of what she did.

I had the same reaction when I first heard it. Remarkable.

All I could think is that he's wormed himself back into her good books at some point over the 18 months in jail.
He's redeemed himself, in her eyes, as a father.
She loves him, she expected a Not Guilty verdict.
From refs in the tapes, all his old flames/women friends appear to have been in touch with each other during trial. There's another who's moved to Atlanta. Most of them seem to have watched the trial and believe he's innocent

Could BP just be gullible? She lives in a flat and basically works 9-5 according to Charlie in the tapes.
( One of the Youtubers has uploaded the convos he's had with his son. Heartbreaking. At least Gigi from Pretty Lies has had the decency to edit those out)
Donna prob set up a trust for Roman and shes seeing $$$.Just a guess. Maybe 1 million. And Donna likes her. Birds of a feather .

was reading backwards so didn't see your post.
Anyway ...agreed

Also, it puts her & her child at risk imo. Charlie, Donna & BP are all now on publicly-accessible tapes discussing access to large amounts of $$$$$, during the calls where they're making financial arrangements.
Right.everyone connected with the Adelsons are seeing $ signs. Many thought Junes condo was purchased for cash by the Adelsons right after Katie’s first trial. The players in this soap opera know if the family goes down,someone is going to handle the money.

It could be that the defense attorney knew it was best for the Jury to see his client as a likeable, self-confident professional so CA gave it his best. In order for CA to appear confident in court meant he needed to believe he had a lifeline out of prison time. Maybe his attorney gave him that hope, and Charlie held it tightly, until the Sheriff's men placed him in shackles before the verdict was read. CA became panicked, in that moment of realization, for it was becoming all to real for him that he may not have the key to unlock the cuffs that bound him.

One reason CA repeats stuff about Wendi post-trial could be that the Prosecutors highlighted that aspect. They pressed hard on Wendi's words and deeds in CA's trial. They even brought in the officer who saw her incriminating turn around at Prescott. I do have my hopes high for a WA arrest without offering a predictive date.

jmho Wendi was Dan's worst nightmare. From the Tallahassee Democrat:
While he was away, his then-wife < > Wendi Adelson, moved out of the house, taking the toddlers with the help of her parents. Divorce paperwork dated Sept. 5, 2012, before Markel had left for his trip, sat on what used to be the couple’s shared bed. She left no address... [It would be weeks before Dan learned his sons were living in FL w/ WA, DA &HA.]

Twenty-two months later, at the same Trescott Drive house < >, Markel would be shot in the head while sitting in his black Honda Accord in the garage.

No pajama bottoms, no diapers, no wipes, not even the elder son’s bed remained at the house. All that was left was a crib mattress on the floor. She also took Markel’s tennis racket and family jewelry, and removed hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and equities from their bank and investment accounts. ... [she took] a 2-carat diamond ring belonging to Markel’s late great-aunt, a Holocaust survivor.

jmho On March 26, 2014, Dan filed a motion to limit DA's visitations with the boys to supervised visits. Dan died before the motion could be heard. Also, why did Wendi feel she deserved the treasured family heirloom ring that belonged to the Markel family? It's as if she stole it from them. How is she able to function -- as if everything is normal?
I hadn’t read that her parents were up there when she moved out. But it makes sense she wouldn't have done it on her own. Hard to know just how much they influenced every decision she made.

Up until I watched this video,I had really hard time thinking that Donna could have been that that evil.
My opinion changed. Is she in complete denial that her daughter prevented the Markels from visitation for 6 years ?
Did she expect that the hour she allowed them to visit ,that the boys would feel comfortable hugging and kissing them? And in front of someone she brought along?Not even alone time?
How dare Donna treat the parents of a man the family murdered this way
Heartless woman.
Charlie is asking how many times they have seen the boys bc his sister lied on the stand ,and Donna is supporting Wendi.
It is so sad that Donna was able to manipulate not only her own family but her grandsons.
I don’t know how those boys will ever come to terms with the evil they lived under.
I hope that every day Wendi looks at Lincoln she is reminded of what she did.
Yes but note that Wendi is The Source, again.
Not only was she present and in control of the visit, she's also responsible for the negative, bitchy spin which gets relayed within the family.
Remind you of anything?

In addition the financial incentive, she is only 24. Not sure anyone that age would be equipped to deal with the Adelson's murderous house-of-cards.
I don’t think she’s 24 now. They had their child in 2018. I think she was 24 when they started dating. He talks about it in one of the calls, how he is mad that Georgia tried to make a big deal out of their age difference, but he thinks he did a good job handlijg those questions. I believe he said she WAS 24 when they met, and he was in his late 30’s.

Last edited:
I hadn’t read that her parents were up there when she moved out. But it makes sense she wouldn't have done it on her own. Hard to know just how much they influenced every decision she made.
The Democrat is incorrect when it says she moved in with HA and DA after she left Dan.

She moved into her own house in Tally when she moved out of the marital home. That’s the house she lived in at the time of the murder.

Her parents may have helped her move, so they may have been up there at some point while Dan was gone, but she did not go back with them to SoFla to live with them at that time. (That was not until after the murder, when she again seems to have packed up her entire house very quickly.)

She did not initially tell Dan where she was living when she left, that part is correct.

Last edited:
Yes but note that Wendi is The Source, again.
Not only was she present and in control of the visit, she's also responsible for the negative, bitchy spin which gets relayed within the family.
Remind you of anything?
I believe I heard somewhere that there were two visits, although in this call Donna says there was only one. And the Markels may not have wanted to frighten the children by being overly affectionate, when the children had not seen them in a long time and might not have remembered them. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. What strikes me is that Donna says that they should have been more glad to see the boys (or something like that) because one of them looks just like Dan Markel. No words.

Last edited:
The Democrat is incorrect when it says she moved in with HA and DA after she left Dan. She moved into her own house in Tally when she moved out of the marital home. that’s the house she lived in at the time of the murder. Her parents may have helped her move, but she did not go live with them. She did not tell Dan where she was living, that part is correct.
No I meant after she served him papers and moved out of the family home. Her parents helped her move out. That her parents were there to help her. I didn’t say she went to live with them in my comment, but yes, there was some confusion over this bc it was reported she went back to S FL for 2 weeks and even longer without DM knowing where they were.

Last edited:
Yes. But I doubt what Donna is saying is solely from what Wendi tells her.
We don’t know why the visit lasted an hour, perhaps that is what was agreed to in advance, perhaps the Markels didn’t want to put undue stress on the children, perhaps they could see that the children were becoming tired or disinterested or didn‘t have much more to say, who knows. Perhaps they felt this was enough for a first visit after a long time and didnt want to rush things. Donna also says she asked the boys how the visit went, so some of her info may be coming from them. In my opinion it would not be unreasonable for them to have described the visit as awkward. Visits with kids from relatives they haven’t seen in a long time can be awkward even under the best of circumstances not involving the alleged murder of one parent by the family of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74