FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see the Latin Kings having an issue with CA. He hired some of their goons, gave them a lot of money for a job that they well and truly *advertiser censored*ked up. Their car broke down because SG got drunk and shot his gun, severing the fuel line.... if they weren't such morons CA and the rest of the mob would be free. If anything, the Latin Kings should be mad at SG for making them look bad.

HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY MINUSFOUR!!
Years ago, I had read about high suicide rates of certain professions: Yet year after year, both dentist and doctor remain among the occupations with the highest suicide rates. It seems as though in the United States, jobs requiring significant levels of aptitude, sacrifice, and education seem to be those with above-average risk of suicide.
In terms of profession, is the stress the same in every country? I would love your feedback when ever you have a chance. And always happy you are sharing with us!
Thank you!

I think most of the stresses would be the same in every country. Mouths are small, people-patients, staff and families, as well as ourselves-are complicated, biology can be unpredictable. Dentists are a profession that it seems socially acceptable to dislike, not only within the practice, either. I had a girlfriend tell me about an emergency dental visit her adult daughter had last week-dentist phobic, needle phobic, thinks x rays are a rip off-how can you diagnose or treat her pain? I'm only speculating here, but I would think she would object to the chair going all the way back, (prob quite loudly), complain about the taste of the pre rinse, be unable or unwilling to keep her mouth open, and thrust her tongue around during the visit. In addition, most of us are perfectionists.

The cost of dental schools in the USA is much higher than Australia, dentists graduating there can have enormous loans. And in the USA there is the terrible insurances. These things would be stresses too

As much as it pains me, I think CA will do OK in prison. He may get a bit of trouble initially, but he's a used car salesman, he'll make friends. He'll probably be more content inside than outside. Some people just aren't cut out for society and weirdly, the confines, rigidity and structure of prison suits them. Had a few mates do some lengthy sentences and they don't mind prison at all. There are no financial issues, no bills to pay, no food to cook, no problems finding work, no relationship hassles...

As much as it pains me, I think CA will do OK in prison. He may get a bit of trouble initially, but he's a used car salesman, he'll make friends. He'll probably be more content inside than outside. Some people just aren't cut out for society and weirdly, the confines, rigidity and structure of prison suits them. Had a few mates do some lengthy sentences and they don't mind prison at all. There are no financial issues, no bills to pay, no food to cook, no problems finding work, no relationship hassles...
While I agree that CA has a social disposition and will make friends, I absolutely DO NOT see him well suited to prison life. I predict he will find the confinement, food, smells, gangs, lack of conjugal visits etc. absolutely insufferable. He's got a target on his back in any Florida prison. And he knows his appeal is hopeless so even that busy work is just that. I don't see him being "content" at all with his new forever life.

While I agree that CA has a social disposition and will make friends, I absolutely DO NOT see him well suited to prison life. I predict he will find the confinement, food, smells, gangs, lack of conjugal visits etc. absolutely insufferable. He's got a target on his back in any Florida prison. And he knows his appeal is hopeless so even that busy work is just that. I don't see him being "content" at all with his new forever life.
Yeah I mean it's not going to be a picnic for him and he's going to hate it. But I think he will settle rather than try and top himself.

I don't really see the Latin Kings having an issue with CA. He hired some of their goons, gave them a lot of money for a job that they well and truly *advertiser censored*ked up. Their car broke down because SG got drunk and shot his gun, severing the fuel line.... if they weren't such morons CA and the rest of the mob would be free. If anything, the Latin Kings should be mad at SG for making them look bad.
Not that it makes a huge difference, but I don’t think SG was a Latin King member, just LR who went along for the ride. But still ..yes…goons.

I don’t think she’s 24 now. They had their child in 2018. I think she was 24 when they started dating. He talks about it in one of the calls, how he is mad that Georgia tried to make a big deal out of their age difference, but he thinks he did a good job handlijg those questions. I believe he said she WAS 24 when they met, and he was in his late 30’s.
Child born 12/2017. He is now 6. She’s probably 30 now.

I have a sense CA will be quite okay in prison. In one of the first calls with his mother, he called his original jail location (not seg) his “room” i.e. not his cell, and he wanted to get back to his “old room” like his cell was some kind of bedroom at mom’s house. He also wanted to be with his chums in general population.

His dentist credentials are going to be very popular in prison. IMO this will give him power and keep him safe.
I don't think CA willhave a target on his back because of the gang connection. He will be targeted for extortion because he's a soft rich white boy. I would be really surprised if he didn't set up power of attorney with a lawyer or friend and use them to transfer money into other commissary accounts to pay for protection. So, he'll be relatively safe for a while, until whatever gang he's paying starts upping the bill and requiring outside payments.

I don't think CA willhave a target on his back because of the gang connection. He will be targeted for extortion because he's a soft rich white boy. I would be really surprised if he didn't set up power of attorney with a lawyer or friend and use them to transfer money into other commissary accounts to pay for protection. So, he'll be relatively safe for a while, until whatever gang he's paying starts upping the bill and requiring outside payments.
Hi SLICK762....noticed you are new to WS. Welcome!!! (the day after DA's arrest at the airport?) I think CA will spend a lot of time bulking up at the prison gym. IMO He's more physical than bookish. The past use of steroids has a "lasting affect" of being able to build more muscle mass, even after no longer using. I think you are spot on the money for protection...right up CA's alley as he is an expert on extortion, willing to pay large sums, and have sex with the person who extorted him.(Big eye roll.)
What about this case intrigues you the most? (And it doesn't have to be just one thing, either.)
I would ask the same for all on this forum: What intrigues you the most about this case?? (If you want me to go first, I will.)

I wonder whether the boys will remember being forced to sit through a movie on an unwatchably broken TV screen for no good reason. Would that plant a seed of doubt, growing into a crushing realization?

I wonder whether the boys will remember being forced to sit through a movie on an unwatchably broken TV screen for no good reason. Would that plant a seed of doubt, growing into a crushing realization?
The older boy had just turned 5 at the time. Definitely not a “toddler” like we hear people say so often about this case.

IQuestion - what intrigues me most is that Charlie was willing to do this for his sister. To some extent, I can understand Donna doing it for her daughter. We can get a little crazy where our kids are involved. But for a sibling??? We typically see our siblings more realistically than our parents do. I love my brother and I always say I would do anything for him, but I certainly would not hire a hit man to take out his ex.

I also cannot believe none of the pumped the brakes and questioned if a hit on DM was a good idea. For me, I think the first failed hit would be a sign from a higher power not to go forward.

The other thing that intrigues me is why DA and HA could not move to Tallahassee? Or get a condo there to be closer to the grandkids. Why did WA have to relocate? Grandparents relocate closer to the grandkids all the time. Why couldn't they?

Wouldn’t it be a plot twist if Wendi was the one and only mastermind in this whole thing and SHE set up CA and DA to take the fall? It’s so bizarre to listen to the calls and how CA professes his innocence, and his girlfriends truly thought he was gonna be found not guilty.
My heart breaks for Dan, his family and especially the boys. How could anyone think this was a good solution to their “problem”?

IQuestion - what intrigues me most is that Charlie was willing to do this for his sister. To some extent, I can understand Donna doing it for her daughter. We can get a little crazy where our kids are involved. But for a sibling??? We typically see our siblings more realistically than our parents do. I love my brother and I always say I would do anything for him, but I certainly would not hire a hit man to take out his ex.

I also cannot believe none of the pumped the brakes and questioned if a hit on DM was a good idea. For me, I think the first failed hit would be a sign from a higher power not to go forward.

The other thing that intrigues me is why DA and HA could not move to Tallahassee? Or get a condo there to be closer to the grandkids. Why did WA have to relocate? Grandparents relocate closer to the grandkids all the time. Why couldn't they?
In my opinion Charlie didn’t do it for his sister. He did it for his mother.

As for why they couldn’t move to Tallahassee, well, to me it seems like these people looked down on Tallahassee and didn’t want their daughter to live there. Yes, I believe they wanted to be closer to their daughter, but I also think a big part of their motivation was getting their daughter out of Tallahassee. JMO.

There is not one ounce of tough guy in Charlie and he talks way too much for jail. But if he makes it, trust me he will suffer. The way you described the challenges of life outside does not apply to him.
Charlie had no financial issues as he was making tons of money. He was not cooking he was eating lobster in good restaurants. He was not struggling with bills he was buying toys. Maybe work was more difficult to find since the case had gotten a lot of public attention but still, dentistry was not his only source or income. And as far as relationship hassles, well, he dropped them when they became a pain in the *advertiser censored*.

Think about it a minute. No more freedom doesnt mean giving up a life of struggle and boredom for Charlie. It means no more vacations, no more eating out in fancy places, no more weed, no more drinks, no more xanax, no more ferrari, no more boat, no more jetskis, no more gokarts, no more chilling by the pool, no more girls, no more sex, no mommy to talk to anymore.

Just a bunch of dudes, cardboard tasting food, never ending noise and an eternal thought spinning in his head: "i hate myself, yet i still think i'm better than everybody.

Just jumping off @ChezSimone 's excellent post to add that Gigi uploaded the official ' canteen' menu ( commissary) for Florida state prisons. Nutritional value - zero

No more home Gourmet Meal Plan Deliveries for Charlie. On one of the old wiretaps he discusses them with Katie Magbanua because he has them delivered to his home and also pays for hers. I can't remember the company's name now but was one where he could select eg Keto or Paleo to enhance his gym fitness routine

Last edited:
Well sadly they may never come around and live their lives with the belief the Adelson's were innocent and unfairly targeted. There's a case in Australia where a lawyer killed his lawyer wife, he was found not guilty (he's guilty) and his teenage daughters stuck by him during the multiple trials and continue to stick by him 10 years later.

That said, the evidence against him was weak, the evidence against all 4 Adelsons is much stronger and impossible to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick