FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter:

3801 W. Lake Mary Blvd., Lake Mary, FL into Google maps

It is the address of Domino's Pizza. Almost directly across from there is where George's truck was stopped at the curb as seen in dozens of images and videos.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...1s0x88e772a5dea9255b:0xcf5ba89ddef07231?hl=en

This should bring up the streetview. Whirl yourself to your left to other side of the road. You will see the trunks of three palm trees. Between the first and second palm trees on the opposite curb is a pole holding a street sign. George's truck was stopped near that sign.

Yup. And there are two U turn areas right there.

That looks to be a fairly busy road. Hopefully there is another eye witness to the events that will show up to give statements to LE.

Maybe LE will get lucky and someone will show up to give a statement.

I know Zimmy isnt a popular guy but regardless of past actions and whatever feud these two had - trying to shoot him in the head isn't the right way to go about solving your differences.

One thing I didn't seem to catch though.... was Apperson taking into custody?

This does seem like a strange area for an out-of-state living GZ to go for a doctor's appointment. This is the exact same area where GZ had a run-in with MA (who actually works around there) and this specific location is where GZ's ex-girlfriend who accused him of throwing a bottle at her works. Though GZ has a legal right to be there, I think it would be wise to avoid problem areas as if you're living hundreds of miles away in another state, why risk it by going smack in the middle of trouble for what appears to be an unusual out-of-state doctor's appointment.

Happy Mothers Day, mama Zimmerman.....JMO

This does seem like a strange area for an out-of-state living GZ to go for a doctor's appointment. This is the exact same area where GZ had a run-in with MA (who actually works around there) and this specific location is where GZ's ex-girlfriend who accused him of throwing a bottle at her works. Though GZ has a legal right to be there, I think it would be wise to avoid problem areas as if you're living hundreds of miles away in another state, why risk it by going smack in the middle of trouble for what appears to be an unusual out-of-state doctor's appointment.

I totally agree. Even if his doctor is there, he should change doctors IMO.

Whether or not it was just another bad coincidence of him running into MA, the public perception is that GZ is going there to look for trouble. On the surface it almost looks stalkerish in nature.

GZ may not always come out ok as this latest case proves that he was the one tht almost was killed.

Common sense would say to avoid that area at all cost.

With that said, ive been thinking about how those 2 cars would have ended up side by side and its pretty obvious one of them was the aggressor if U-turns were involved. The problem is I can see a scenerio where it could have been either one of them being the aggressor.

For instance, whoever was in front could have slowed down on purpose to get alongside the other one. And just as well, the person in back could have sped up to get alongside the other one.

So without a witness, I dont think we can tell who pursued who to get alongside the other one right before shots rang out.

Unless LE gets a witness to testify or some video surfaces, I am thinking that no DA will agree to charges.

The public in the area are lucky that one of these yahoos didnt hurt anyone.

I know Zimmy isnt a popular guy but regardless of past actions and whatever feud these two had - trying to shoot him in the head isn't the right way to go about solving your differences.

As far as I can tell, Apperson wasn't taken into custody. They told him to show up for questioning with his lawyer.

I don't find it unusual at all especially if it is a psych doc.

Erik Sandoval ‏@ErikSandoval 2m2 minutes ago

Legal expert: Matt Apperson potential charges could put him in prison for 20 yrs #Zimmerman @local6news

With that said, ive been thinking about how those 2 cars would have ended up side by side and its pretty obvious one of them was the aggressor if U-turns were involved. The problem is I can see a scenerio where it could have been either one of them being the aggressor.
For instance, whoever was in front could have slowed down on purpose to get alongside the other one. And just as well, the person in back could have sped up to get alongside the other one.
So without a witness, I dont think we can tell who pursued who to get alongside the other one right before shots rang out.
Unless LE gets a witness to testify or some video surfaces, I am thinking that no DA will agree to charges.

I'm wary of this MA guy, but given the FL burden of proof required, I see this case as potentially hard to prove regardless of what happened...actually I could potentially see a stalking-type case brought against Zimmerman if his doctor's appointment was a lie. MA had a very legit reason for being around there as that specific area is where he works, while if Zimmerman's story doesn't check out that looks real suspicious that he was there in that trouble area and lying to the police as to why. What MA should have done years ago was got a restraining order against GZ as you can drop criminal charges but still get that. If MA had a retraining order against GZ this may be more clear-cut. With me talking about prosecuting GZ for something like stalking I don't know how strong a case it would be, just I see it as potentially stronger than a case against MA even if MA is guilty as sin but there isn't any substantial evidence proving MA's guilt as proving MA wasn't threatened by an armed GZ is much harder than proving GZ was looking for trouble if it's proven he lied to LE about why he was there as that potential lie seems way easier to prove.

Although I believe George could use the services of a psychiatrist or the like, I am of the opinion that he is drawn to Waymont Court because of the dental hygenist. A kind of 'stalker like' attraction, imo.

You would think bullet through the car window would be evidence, but I guess not.

Although I believe George could use the services of a psychiatrist or the like, I am of the opinion that he is drawn to Waymont Court because of the dental hygenist. A kind of 'stalker like' attraction, imo.

Not going to be good for GZ if he doesn't have a doctor's appt or appt to pick up scripts in that vicinity.

Apparently A was released after the police took a statement.

And, I agree. Apperson does seem to have the same kinda cowboy (apologies to all legit beef wranglers) mentality that Z is. Just looks like Z waved his gun while Apperson actually shot.

I would think the usual thing for someone moving hundreds of miles away is to move to where they can receive treatment. Some people may opt for a commute of hundreds of miles to another state to see a doctor, but I don't think that is the norm where most people continue to get their treatment by commuting hundreds of miles away after they've moved.

I'd really like to know the history of GZ and MA encounters. The animosity started somewhere. Has anyone sleuthed MA's social media? I would but I'm not a subscriber to twitter or facebook. Just wondering what the original beef was. JMO

I would think the usual thing for someone moving hundreds of miles away is to move to where they can receive treatment. Some people may opt for a commute of hundreds of miles to another state to see a doctor, but I don't think that is the norm where most people continue to get their treatment by commuting hundreds of miles away after they've moved.

I don't see any problem as long as he can make the required visits and the doctor is ok with it.

Is he actually living out of state? I thought they said he had moved from the Central Fla area--which might include anywhere else in the state.

As I recall, he was on some form of psych-related meds prior to the Martin shooting. And in some of his earliest court appearances he seemed nearly catatonic (I remember his attorneys trying to get out of him having to state that he understood the ramifications of his plea--and nearly propping him up to respond to the judge's questions when she insisted that he do so.

All of which to say--sometimes if one has an established relationship with a prescribing psych, as he appears to, better to stick with them than to make a change unless absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod