GUILTY FL - 'Hiccup Girl' Jennifer Mee charged in murder of Shannon Griffin

Well this is dumb. They were due back at 10:30. The feed just keeps replaying and stopping footage from earlier. :sigh:

i know and it look like they might get away with this delay; it's BS and i felt her atty was lying to the judge right then and there; feed is stuck dk if they know it or not but they keep rewinding and playing so my guess they are not back in session or it's cancelled.
sorry I tried! I was looking fwd to opening statements!!

Judge swore in the jury, read instructions.

Opening statements have begun.

LOL! Just joined in here today. I knew this trial was coming up, but thought I'd missed part of it. Just my luck! My houseguest went home last night and today we get defense BS before opening statements!

They only had 3 years to delve into schizophrenia or any other mental illness, and just NOW JM brings it up but doesn't know the doctor's name? At least they made quick work of the competency issue and it can't be brought up in OS!

DId you see that video; with her standing there in her dress blues, working up into the hiccups????:scared:

She is faking those; tics happen all the time not just on cue as she has clearly just shown us...I believe she is malingering.:twocents:

I don’t think she can bring it on at will, but stress can bring it on, court is scarry and stressful.
None the less I see depraved indifference and she needs to be sent to jail to safeguard other non suspecting innocent men.

maybe she did not know he will be killed, but she knew he will be robbed, and she did set it up.
if a murder comes as a result of a robbery that she / anyone set up. they do have to pay the piper.

:moo:

Yes, court is still in session. I've been busy cleaning and listening.

So far today, we had a lawyer who discovered the body while walking his dog. He thought it was a homeless man sleeping and called non-emergency 911. They've had a big problem with homeless in the area.

Next was the first patrolman on the scene who discovered there was a dead body.

Shannon's cousin, with whom he'd been living for two years testified some about him. He'd "rescued" him from Mississippi where he wasn't doing well after Hurricane Katrina. He'd dropped out of school and was essentially "shell shocked" after the hurricane. In Florida, he got his GED and went to work for WalMart. He was proud to take out a loan for the scooter he bought. He had just celebrated his first year anniversary at WalMart and thrilled to get his first week's vacation. He told his cousin he'd met a girl online and was going out to meet her. The cousin was happy because Shannon never went out anywhere, just worked and stayed home, playing games in his spare time. The cousin received a call from the police and learned his cousin was dead. On cross, he testified that Shannon didn't do drugs and that WalMart tested for drugs.

Now on the stand is the CSI and he's spent a lot of time discussing his collection and identifying the items which have been entered into evidence.

There is one more witness today.

The defense is now questioning Mr. Goodman, the CSI (referred to officially as the technician). He's all about he condom wrapper and the possibility of a sexual assault since the pants were open and down around Shannon's knees. Oy vey!

Final witness of the day. Melinda Clayton. With St. Pete PD. Latent fingerprint examiner.

She gave the Fingerprint 101 class and has identified JM's fingerprint card she took.

JM's fingerprint on front of Shannon's driver's license.

Defense brings up that she can't say when or at what location the fingerprint was placed on the license.

I have to say, I don't know how much I'm going to follow this trial. I've got lots to do. I do like the judge, but I haven't learned the names of the players yet.

That's it for the day, except that the judge informed the jury she's hoping to get the trial done by the end of the week.

No passion or fireworks to date.

Court in session at 9:15 tomorrow.

Thank you. I just cant get to much on kindle. :seeya:

Hi all, I haven't been following this case, but can you guys tell me what were they robbing the victim of? Drugs? Money?

If her hiccups don't stop she'll get shived by her cellmate!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back