FL FL - Is a serial killer stalking Florida trans women?

dotr

Reaction score
Is a serial killer stalking Florida trans women?
"The streets of Jacksonville are filled with fear following the murders of transgendered women in just four months.

Three of the women were murdered while a fourth survived.

“The transgender community in Jacksonville is frightened,” activist Gina Duncan said.

“They fear this could be a serial killer or orchestrated violence targeting the community. They do not feel protected on their own streets.”

"So far, cops aren’t linking the homicides although there are a number of similarities.

— Celine Walker, 36, was found shot to death in an Extended Stay America hotel room on Feb. 4. The murder is still unsolved.

— Antash’a English, 38, was shot in the abdomen in a drive-by shooting on June 1. She died in hospital.

— Last Sunday, Cathalina Christina James, 24, was found shot to death at a Quality Inn and Suites.

Investigators say they’re seeking a man in a beige car in the English and James’ homicides but so far there are no suspects in the murders."

Activists fear string of transgender murders could be the work of a serial killer

"Three trans black women have been fatally shot in Jacksonville, Florida, since the beginning of this year, and local activists fear that the murders are linked.
by Tim Fitzsimons / Jun.26.2018"

"Last year was the deadliest year on record for transgender people in the U.S., with at least 28 deaths due to violence, according to the Human Rights Campaign, which has been tracking such data since 2013. So far this year, at least 12 transgender people have been fatally shot or killed by other violent means, according to the organization.

“For years, there has been a crisis of violence targeting the transgender community, particularly transgender women of color,” said Sarah McBride, the national press secretary at the Human Rights Campaign. “With four shootings — including three fatal shootings — of transgender women in the last six months, Jacksonville is now at the center of that crisis.”

JSO: No reason to believe transgender homicides are connected

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office continues to investigate three separate deaths; Two of those deaths, the victims were identified as transgender and now, there is a possible third transgender victim. Kelly Pope, a member of the Jacksonville Transgender Action Committee says they can not believe the three deaths are not related.

"They are all black, they are all transgender, they are all women, all targets of gun violence within such a short span of each other."
Geographically speaking, location doesn’t appear to be linked. All three locations are roughly 15 minutes from TIAA Bank Field in different directions.

Next, looking at age, the first two victims, Celine Walker and Antash'a English are in their 30s. Sunday’s victim, James, was 24.

Slain Jacksonville transgender woman remembered for being ‘bold’ and ‘unapologetic’

Antonia English, who was known by many as Antash’a, died at a local hospital from a gunshot wound Friday after police found her between two abandoned homes in the 1500 block of Ella Street early that morning.
“She was an unapologetic, bold and loyal person,” Smith told First Coast News. “We met years ago while at a gay pageant. We both were entertainers.”

Smith said Antash’a also won many pageants for her performances and she will likely be honored in upcoming pageants.

English’s sister, Jayda, told First Coast News that Antash’a has been living as a woman for more than 20 years and that it’s important that she not be misgendered.

Is a serial killer stalking Florida trans women?
"The streets of Jacksonville are filled with fear following the murders of transgendered women in just four months.

Three of the women were murdered while a fourth survived.

“The transgender community in Jacksonville is frightened,” activist Gina Duncan said.

“They fear this could be a serial killer or orchestrated violence targeting the community. They do not feel protected on their own streets.”

"So far, cops aren’t linking the homicides although there are a number of similarities.

— Celine Walker, 36, was found shot to death in an Extended Stay America hotel room on Feb. 4. The murder is still unsolved.

— Antash’a English, 38, was shot in the abdomen in a drive-by shooting on June 1. She died in hospital.

— Last Sunday, Cathalina Christina James, 24, was found shot to death at a Quality Inn and Suites.

Investigators say they’re seeking a man in a beige car in the English and James’ homicides but so far there are no suspects in the murders."
Damn! Trans women have Such a high murder rate. :(::::: A lot of trans women have a very hard time getting jobs, and are targeted because they don't 'pass', or if they Do pass men freak out when they find out. I'm not surprised that 2 of them were in hotels because so many end up having to resort to prostitution. As a 'population' I doubt there is one more feared and targeted. Awful. I'd say I hope the (trans) women stay inside - but that's impossible because so many have nowhere to go, and can only afford the hotels because they have customers.

Mark Allen Thompson – The Charley Project
Gay men too?! rbbm.
Mark Allen Thompson
  • mark_allen_thompson_1.jpg
"On November 5, his 1998 Ford Ranger 300 series pickup truck was found abandoned in Tampa, Florida. There was no sign of violence in the vehicle and no indication as to Thompson's whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.

Investigators have looked into the possibly that a serial offender may be responsible for Thompson's disappearance and the disappearances of David Rhodes, Barry Block, Mark Jackson, James Shumaker and Bradley Williams, as well as the murder of Michael Wachholtz and the presumed murder of Jason Galehouse.

All of the men are gay, all were within roughly the same age group, and they all disappeared from the same area. Jackson, Rhodes and Block actually lived in and disappeared from the same apartment building in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, although Jackson disappeared seventeen years later than the other two men.

Rhodes and Block, who lived together, disappeared first, in 1988. Shumaker disappeared from Tampa in 1995. Thompson disappeared in 2001 from Clearwater, Florida, and his truck was later found abandoned in Tampa. Williams disappeared in from Tampa in 2001. Galehouse and Wachholtz disappeared from Tampa within a day of each other in December 2003. Wachholtz's body was found in mid-January 2004, but the other men remain missing."

Seems very doubtful - the missing in the article below are all from the Tampa area on the west coast of Florida, which is a very, very long way from Jacksonville, which is on the northeast coast of Florida! Also, you shouldn't confuse trans women with gay men - there are very few commonalities in that respect; the person who targeted these women is most likely a straight male, and probably has a fetish in that regard (for 'women with male parts').

Mark Allen Thompson – The Charley Project
Gay men too?! rbbm.
Mark Allen Thompson
  • mark_allen_thompson_1.jpg
"On November 5, his 1998 Ford Ranger 300 series pickup truck was found abandoned in Tampa, Florida. There was no sign of violence in the vehicle and no indication as to Thompson's whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.

Investigators have looked into the possibly that a serial offender may be responsible for Thompson's disappearance and the disappearances of David Rhodes, Barry Block, Mark Jackson, James Shumaker and Bradley Williams, as well as the murder of Michael Wachholtz and the presumed murder of Jason Galehouse.

All of the men are gay, all were within roughly the same age group, and they all disappeared from the same area. Jackson, Rhodes and Block actually lived in and disappeared from the same apartment building in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, although Jackson disappeared seventeen years later than the other two men.

Rhodes and Block, who lived together, disappeared first, in 1988. Shumaker disappeared from Tampa in 1995. Thompson disappeared in 2001 from Clearwater, Florida, and his truck was later found abandoned in Tampa. Williams disappeared in from Tampa in 2001. Galehouse and Wachholtz disappeared from Tampa within a day of each other in December 2003. Wachholtz's body was found in mid-January 2004, but the other men remain missing."

Here's another one that just happened in Jacksonville.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fi...rders-may-be-connected&contentId=77-575907889
A man was found dead in a Northside apartment complex and he would mark the at least the fourth black LGBTQ+ person to be killed in Jacksonville this year.

The Jacksonville Transgender Action Committee and a local transgender activist identified the victim as Jessie Sumlar, 30. Sumlar's family confirmed.
The JTAC expressed concern early on in the day that Sumlar may be someone who is gender nonconforming. The family and friends of Sumlar say he identified as male.
However, the LGBTQ+ community at large is concerned. They feel that members of their community are being targeted. This year alone, three black transgender women have been murdered in Jacksonville, which means that Jacksonville has seen the most transgender murders of any city in the nation.

Seems very doubtful - the missing in the article below are all from the Tampa area on the west coast of Florida, which is a very, very long way from Jacksonville, which is on the northeast coast of Florida! Also, you shouldn't confuse trans women with gay men - there are very few commonalities in that respect; the person who targeted these women is most likely a straight male, and probably has a fetish in that regard (for 'women with male parts').
Should have prefaced my post by saying that i know gay men and trans women are not the same and neither are the seemingly targeted areas.
But, glad you mentioned it as that detail is important to be noted!
All victims are not likely connected, but in the recent case ( Bruce McArthur) involving gay men disappearing in Toronto, it was believed that only dark-complected men were targeted, but that has turned out to not be altogether true.
So just in case, also included the other Tampa men. fwiw.imo

Another article about Sumlar.

Friends and Jacksonville's LBGT community mourn another homicide victim

The Jacksonville Transgender Awareness Project posted a “rest in peace” message for Sumlar late Thursday on its Facebook page, adding that “No one is Safe.” Project director Paige Mahogany Parks said the black gay and transgender community is very afraid now with the death of Sumlar, a gay man who did drag, on top of the transgender deaths.

rbbm.
LGBTQ+ Advocates Worry a Serial Killer Is Targeting Black Trans Women in Florida
LGBTQ+ Advocates Worry a Serial Killer Is Targeting Black Trans Women in Florida
Since February, four Black trans women and one Black femme gay man have been killed in Central Florida under similar circumstances.

By Mary Emily O'Hara
July 25, 2018
"In the Florida cities of Jacksonville and Orlando, just a two hour drive from each other, a spate of suspiciously similar killings has the LGBTQ+ community on edge — and waiting for action.

Since February, four Black trans women and one Black femme gay man have been killed. At least one news report has linked the victims to the same touring drag show circuit."
jacksonville-murders.jpg

WTLV; Facebook
"Gina Duncan, Director of Transgender Equality at Equality Florida, says a disturbing pattern is emerging that has trans people across the Southeastern state on edge.

“Your mind wanders — do we have a guy working his way down I-10, working his way across the South?"

I don't know. It could be someone who simply hates gay and trans persons. Hateful people aren't always going to be discerning.

The distance is the issue.

On another topic in disgusted by the sheriff's department's misgendering. Total jerks. They absolutely have the ability to use the gender someone identifies with even if it's not "legal". I know this from personal experience.

They're making a political statement. And it's an evil one.

I don't know. It could be someone who simply hates gay and trans persons. Hateful people aren't always going to be discerning.

The distance is the issue.

On another topic in disgusted by the sheriff's department's misgendering. Total jerks. They absolutely have the ability to use the gender someone identifies with even if it's not "legal". I know this from personal experience.

They're making a political statement. And it's an evil one.

I wouldn't doubt you're on to something. LE would know if they're connected using the same gun

I can't imagine hating someone you don't know because they choose to live different then you. What difference does it make if they're born male living as women or born one gender living with the same gender? Who are they hurting?

I've been harassed for the last year by a sibling, I have not retaliated nor defended myself. I can't imagine giving up my free time to go out of my way to harass someone. For what? What does it get the person? How do they live with themselves?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back