FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, SE of the FL Keys, 14 May 2017 #1 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I think it's weird how in the picture they are sitting so close and the baby is randomly in the background. Strange for a new family. Also couldn't imagine sailing for a few weeks and leaving my little baby home. May be just me, but I get weird vibes with both of them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

For me, I think it's weird how in the picture they are sitting so close and the baby is randomly in the background. Strange for a new family. Also couldn't imagine sailing for a few weeks and leaving my little baby home.May be just me, but I get weird vibes with both of them.

BBM- my first thought also. Leaving a baby for two weeks to go sailing? Not to judge, but I couldn't have done that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find this quote odd...

"Her boss, Ben Schachter, said: “She was optimistic about life and that’s why this just doesn’t make any sense. It doesn’t add up.”"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3672062/fbi-probing-british-man-who-claims-wife-disappeared-when-she-was-washed-overboard-from-their-honeymoon-boat/

Does anyone else find this quote odd...

"Her boss, Ben Schachter, said: “She was optimistic about life and that’s why this just doesn’t make any sense. It doesn’t add up.”"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3672062/fbi-probing-british-man-who-claims-wife-disappeared-when-she-was-washed-overboard-from-their-honeymoon-boat/

Yeah because thats sounds like she committed suicide and not an accidental drowning.

EXCLUSIVE: 'They haven't accused me of anything. I have nothing to hide.' British husband at center of FBI probe into how his wife disappeared from the deck of their yacht speaks out

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...robe-wife-vanishing-speaks.html#ixzz4iaubzrb0
SABBM

I still want to see if the cat. hit anything. If it all went down in the manner in which he claims. MOO
If she committed suicide,then why would he say the boat ran into a rock/obstruction and began to sink ?
Why not be open about it; and say she jumped/drowned of her own accord ?
Insurance issues ?

And how did he have time to get into a lifeboat if he was below deck when the collision occurred ?
Have they examined the cat. at all ?
Just wondering.

I'm starting to see this is boiling down to $$$...

- Lavish / frequent traveling = $$
- Bought Condo in Delray Beach = $$$$
- Remodeling apartment = $$$
- Baby = $$$$
- Boat = $$$
- Wedding / Ring = $$$
- Missing expensive items from apartment.... ?

None of these things individually raise a red flag, however all of them together within a short period of time (expect the boat purchase in 2013) is a red flag. Also, these expenses wouldn't raise a red flag for me if I saw a significant income to support the lavish spending but I don't. Bennet's wealth and career is a big question mark. Isabella may have been a successful realtor and made lots of money but recently went to part time to take care of the baby and hence her comment of blowing through her savings.

I get the feeling that one was supporting the other which would be more $$$ on top of the other expenses. Perhaps Bennet makes his money in the UK or Australia which is why he wanted Isabella to move that way. I am only speculating but if that's the case (which seems likely since he is not a US citizen), then it was probably also expensive for him to travel back and forth to his ties over seas back to his new family in FL.

All JMO!!

Completely on board with everything you said! Annnd he said they were going to move but she told people she would never leave her family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Husband said when asked why he went to sleep - 'We were just taking it in turns just to watch [the boat and navigate] I suppose.

"Investigators who examined the boat found no evidence of any holes where water could have entered, although they did find deep scrapes at each end of the vessel".

Condo was 123k

She had no boating experience.

Speaking exclusively at the apartment he and his wife bought last year in Delray Beach, he revealed he had made a trip to Cuba last week to try to find out if his wife had been found and taken there because of its proximity.

But he returned without his wife on Saturday to collect their nine-month-old daughter from relatives.

He said: 'I met the authorities there and checked every hospital, but there is no sign of her. It is now two weeks since she has been missing, so I am not holding out much hope of seeing her so I have to come to terms with that. This is absolutely devastating for me. She is my soul mate. I thought we were going to be together forever.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...robe-wife-vanishing-speaks.html#ixzz4ibRqclfz

He is speaking of her in the present and past tense. I believe this is normal speech pattern of someone who is trying to accept their spouse is gone.

quicky timeline:

May 2 - Hellman posts from Puerto Rico.
May 14 5:30 p.m. - Cat leaves Havana, Cuba
May 14 1:35 p.m - "accident" 30 miles from Cay Sal
May 15 - 4:50 a.m. Bennett rescued to Marathon FL, Hellmann’s family picked him up that afternoon and bring him to their home in Boca Raton.
May 15 - within hours of when Bennett would have been rescued, a neighbor said she saw a car parked downstairs belonging to Hellmann’s sister.
May 17 - Neighbor said he approached Bennett to express his concern and sympathy. “He said, ‘Yeah. I’m going to be leaving for England. I’ve got to move on with my life,’ ” The neighbor said, ‘What about the baby?’ He stopped and said, “Oh. I guess I’ve got to take her with me too".
May 17 - His first time back in his apartment. Hellmann’s engagement ring, electronics and an expensive handbag were gone.
May 18 - U.S. Coast Guard called off the search.
May 19 - the key lock on Bennett’s front door had been replaced with an electronic keypad. Bennett contacted deputies to file a complaint. Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms.
May 20-23 - Bennett and baby stay at the apartment. Also that weekend, Bennett told a neighbor he wanted to search for his wife but had lost his passport when the vessel sank. He said he had obtained a temporary one but that it barred him from leaving the country right away.
May 23 - 8:30 p.m. - neighbor said she saw “official-looking” men with latex gloves and Bennett out by his car
May 24 - another neighbor was walking his dog and saw Bennett “bringing stuff out. He had someone helping him. They were throwing stuff in the dumpster.”
May 25 - Bennett's car is gone.
May 26 or 27 - CBS 12 visited the apartment. No one was home, but two boxes marked evidence were left on the front stoop-- one was open at the top, and they could see inside. The item looked like a piece of inflatable marine equipment, possibly a life-vest.
May 27 - Bennett returns from Cuba.

For me, I think it's weird how in the picture they are sitting so close and the baby is randomly in the background. Strange for a new family. Also couldn't imagine sailing for a few weeks and leaving my little baby home. May be just me, but I get weird vibes with both of them.

My thoughts as well. I didn't even notice the baby until someone here pointed it out. Don't new parents always love to show off their new family addition? This is a very odd family photo indeed. Doesn't feel right to me, imo.

Something similar just happened here in town over the wknd.
The mother of the CEO of Uber drowned in one of our local lakes. Their boat hit a rock in the water. They found both the husband and wife on the shore. The husband is still in the hospital.

There may be more up to date news...I've been working all day,so not sure of things.

The thing that caught my eye the most in the latest article....

"He revealed his relationships with some members of his wife's family were not cordial" ..... but why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...robe-wife-vanishing-speaks.html#ixzz4iboLjn2a

Clearly they didn't trust him, if they were at the condo within hours of her disappearance and took the wedding ring, handbag, and expensive electronics....

There is more to this dynamic/family regardless of whether or not it was truly an accident.

If her family thought something deliberate happened to her, the absolute worst thing for them to do is "break in" to the house-- trespassing even if they had a key. If they removed items, that is even worse.

IF it ever escalated to a trial (I don't think it will, just saying) the defense would continue to bring that up--potential tampering with evidence.

To me, he looks genuinely sad. I'm back to thinking terrible accident, maybe suicide.

Also want to point out the latest article refers to Bennet in the summary as " WAS a businessman in Australia" ... notice past tense.

Then later in the article it refers to him as a "mining engineer"...?

His "company" registered to the condo is a solar company..

So what is he a plumber, a yacht captain, a businessman, a mining engineer, a solar entrepreneur?

He quickly changes the lock on the condo to digital lock? That sounds expensive... if he has money why is there not a private search party funded by him?

I understand if you're not cordial with your in laws but why would you even CONSIDER a civil suit against the family who is grappling with their missing daughter, sister, cousin? They've known Isabella since she was BORN but you're thinking about a civil suit enough to mention it to the media after such a tragic loss???

I know people who are jacks of all trades, so that is perfectly normal sounding to me. These people tend to be very smart.

It is not expensive to change a lock to a keypad. $65.00 maybe

Mining engineer means he probably has an environmental science background; solar fits in with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member