FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, SE of the FL Keys, 14 May 2017 #1 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If her family thought something deliberate happened to her, the absolute worst thing for them to do is "break in" to the house-- trespassing even if they had a key. If they removed items, that is even worse.

IF it ever escalated to a trial (I don't think it will, just saying) the defense would continue to bring that up--potential tampering with evidence.

To me, he looks genuinely sad. I'm back to thinking terrible accident, maybe suicide.

I agree.

Missing Delray Beach woman's sister breaks silence about trip, questions what happened to her sister
Michelle Quesada
7:33 PM, May 30, 2017

Isabella’s sister, Dayana said she has many questions about what happened to her sister. She said life has been hard to bear the last couple of weeks. She recalled the first time she saw Isabella’s husband, Lewis Bennett, after her sister went missing. “He was calm, he wasn’t crying or anything. When I saw him I ran to him and I hugged him and I said where is Isabella? And he said I don’t know,” said Dayana.

--

“Her phone broke, probably like four days after they left. I don’t know how or I don’t know why, so we didn’t have contact through her phone everything was through Lewis’ iPad,” said Dayana.

--

Dayana said in the days after picking up Bennett he did not say much about the boating accident. The uncertainty stirred inside her so she began to ask him questions about what happened. "Why didn’t you stop the boat and drop the anchor to do something about it? And he said he needed to keep the boat on track, so his priority was to keep the boat on track,” said Dayana. “I asked him, do you think she’s alive? Do you think she’s dead? And he said ‘I think she she’s asleep.’ That was his answer.”

--

On Sunday he returned to pick up the baby and two hours later Dayana said he came back with a Boca Raton police officer demanding the baby’s things. The Department said Bennett contacted them for a civil assist, to keep the peace between him and the family. The encounter turned emotional for Dayana and her mother. "He said move, move I’m leaving and you’re not going to see the baby again and my mom passed out on the floor,” said Dayana. Dayana said she was told Bennett has left the country with the baby. He has dual citizenship in the UK and Australia. She said her mother is heartbroken by Isabella’s disappearance and now the possibility she may not see her grandchild. “Why are you taking her, why don’t you at least give us time to heal?” asked Dayana

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...ut-trip-questions-what-happened-to-her-sister

“Her phone broke, probably like four days after they left. I don’t know how or I don’t know why, so we didn’t have contact through her phone everything was through Lewis’ iPad,” said Dayana".

hummm....

She didn't say talk to her but "contact" through Lewis iPad. I'd be interested to know if this was through something like Skype or was this all texts?

I lost my phone in the Caribbean, so I was able to phone call my son back in the US through facebook messenger through my ipad. Audio only.

I lost my phone in the Caribbean, so I was able to phone call my son back in the US through facebook messenger through my ipad. Audio only.

The sisters choice of words perked my interest, she said "contact" she didn't say "talked to". I'm curious if it was voice/video or text/email etc?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime-law/don't-leave-with-baby-friend-told-Isabella-hellman-husband

Isabella Hellman's best friend pleaded with Lewis Bennett not to leave the U.S. with the couple's baby. Friend says the couple argued quite often over how to raise the baby, and that Bennett wanted the family to move to Australia but Isabella did not want to.
Isabella also told her friend that Bennett had come into some family money, he put most of that money into his boat, and he made a living transporting people.
Bennett says he plans to leave for Australia by the end of May.

Missing Delray Beach woman's sister breaks silence about trip, questions what happened to her sister
Michelle Quesada

Isabella’s sister, Dayana said she has many questions about what happened to her sister. She said life has been hard to bear the last couple of weeks. She recalled the first time she saw Isabella’s husband, Lewis Bennett, after her sister went missing. “He was calm, he wasn’t crying or anything. When I saw him I ran to him and I hugged him and I said where is Isabella? And he said I don’t know,” said Dayana.

--

“Her phone broke, probably like four days after they left. I don’t know how or I don’t know why, so we didn’t have contact through her phone everything was through Lewis’ iPad,” said Dayana.

--

Dayana said in the days after picking up Bennett he did not say much about the boating accident. The uncertainty stirred inside her so she began to ask him questions about what happened. "Why didn’t you stop the boat and drop the anchor to do something about it? And he said he needed to keep the boat on track, so his priority was to keep the boat on track,” said Dayana. “I asked him, do you think she’s alive? Do you think she’s dead? And he said ‘I think she she’s asleep.’ That was his answer.”

--

On Sunday he returned to pick up the baby and two hours later Dayana said he came back with a Boca Raton police officer demanding the baby’s things. The Department said Bennett contacted them for a civil assist, to keep the peace between him and the family. The encounter turned emotional for Dayana and her mother. "He said move, move I’m leaving and you’re not going to see the baby again and my mom passed out on the floor,” said Dayana. Dayana said she was told Bennett has left the country with the baby. He has dual citizenship in the UK and Australia. She said her mother is heartbroken by Isabella’s disappearance and now the possibility she may not see her grandchild. “Why are you taking her, why don’t you at least give us time to heal?” asked Dayana

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...ut-trip-questions-what-happened-to-her-sister

Bennett told Isabella's sister that rather than dropping an anchor and stopping the boat, his priority was to "keep the boat on track." What does that mean?
And why was that more important than finding Isabella?

Also, from the research that we now have, based on reports from msm, the emphasis now has changed from Bennett not wanting the baby, to him insisting on keeping her. It is almost as if he cares about the baby and a life in Australia more than Isabella. This is contrary to the parking lot conversation with the neighbor where he seems to absentmindedly or casually refer to the baby as, oh yeah, I guess I will have to take her with me.

:dunno:

:rose: Is anyone going to have a memorial service for this poor lady?

That Palm Beach Post article has my head spinning. So many questions. What a mysterious relationship

Finally we got to hear from Dayana. I was hoping for this as it's clear from Isabella's FB that they were very close.

This is absolutely heart wrenching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Palm Beach Post article has my head spinning. So many questions. What a mysterious relationship

WPTV and the Palm Beach Post are partners and I think they are really working this case. Two informative articles just today.

Bennett told Isabella's sister that rather than dropping an anchor and stopping the boat, his priority was to "keep the boat on track." What does that mean?
And why was that more important than finding Isabella?

Also, from the research that we now have, based on reports from msm, the emphasis now has changed from Bennett not wanting the baby, to him insisting on keeping her. It is almost as if he cares about the baby and a life in Australia more than Isabella. This is contrary to the parking lot conversation with the neighbor where he seems to absentmindedly or casually refer to the baby as, oh yeah, I guess I will have to take her with me.

:dunno:

Well, I don't know what he meant, but you can't anchor a sailboat in 3,000 feet of water.

Michelle Quesada

--

--

--

And he said ‘I think she she’s asleep.’ That was his answer.”
[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]what????? This gave me chills. What a creepy answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennett, who is from Dorset in the UK, studied at Bangor University in Wales, and lived for several years in Queensland, Australia, met divorcee Isabella, 41, through the internet.

Asked if it was any suspicion that he had harmed his wife that was fueling the investigation, he said: 'They haven't accused me of anything. Nobody has put that allegation directly against me. 'But I understand why they have to investigate and that is fair enough. I have got nothing to hide. They have to do what they have to do.'

Asked if some might find it odd that a husband would go to sleep at 8pm and leave his wife alone on honeymoon, he said: 'The reason why I went to bed at 8pm was because we had been on the water for four or five days. You do get tired. 'We were just taking it in turns just to watch [the boat and navigate] I suppose.'

Asked if his wife was a strong swimmer, he shrugged and added: 'She could swim OK.'

He said he was considering 'civil action' against some members of Isabella's family who he accused of entering his property while he was away in Cuba.

He added: 'I am surviving. But I don't know how. I feel very alone. I have got a baby with me and I don't know many people around here.'

'She was excited about going on the holiday with Lewis. She had no experience about boats, but said that Lewis "was good with them". She was happy to go on the trip.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...robe-wife-vanishing-speaks.html#ixzz4iejI0ebS

___

They weren't on the boat for days, they had just left Havana at 5:30 p.m. when he went to sleep at 8:00 p.m. Why would he leave her alone at night if she has no experience with boating???

A friend said Hellmann told her she and Bennett often argued “because of their cultural differences.” She said Hellmann wanted to follow Colombian traditions such as piercing the baby’s ears and getting her an identity bracelet and a teething necklace, but Bennett balked. She said the two even argued about whether to use an Anglo or Latino spelling of the child’s first name.

“It was little things but they were always arguing about how they wanted to bring her up,” Cortes said. “He was very involved; how she needs to eat, what she needs to eat, what diaper she would wear.”

Bennett was pushing hard to move to Australia but that Hellmann was dead set against it.

Another former co-worker said she visited in April with Hellmann, who also said the couple had argued at length once the baby was born. “She told me, ‘I’m not going to Australia,’ ”the co-worker said.

In February, the couple had a getaway in Atlanta, and Hellmann “texted me out of the blue and said, ‘Hey. I just got married.’” Hellmann told her the couple decided on a lark.

The friend said Hellmann texted her at 8:30 p.m. April 26, the day before she left. She said Hellmann told her Bennett was flying to Fort Lauderdale from London and the couple was going to take a flight — somewhere in the Caribbean — to begin their trip. She said Hellmann didn’t say this was a sea trip.

Government officials in St. Maarten — the Dutch island in the Caribbean where Bennett has said he bought his boat — confirmed Bennett’s boat came in on April 8 and left April 30.

Hellman’s family told her Hellmann called them at about 8:30 p.m. May 14, the night she disappeared. She either said she was in Cuba or had left Cuba and was at sea. Bennett has told the Coast Guard the boat left Havana at about 5:30 p.m. and he went below around 8 p.m., which would have been around sunset.

Hellmann told her family the satellite phone had been malfunctioning, but the couple had gotten it working and “we’re heading home.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ella-hellmann-husband/29MTelJJDnOiiRai7yYGjJ/

>“Her phone broke, probably like four days after they left. I don’t know how or I don’t know why, so we didn’t have contact through her phone everything was through Lewis’ iPad,” said Dayana.

--

Husband Allegedly Poses as Wife in Facebook Messages to Cover Up Murdering Her
BY KC BAKER•@KCBAKER77777
POSTED ON JANUARY 12, 2017 AT 2:36PM EDT

An Orlando man allegedly tried to cover up his wife’s murder by posing as her and posting messages on her Facebook page to make it look like she was still alive, PEOPLE confirms. After allegedly strangling 30-year-old wife Kristen McShane, George Joseph McShane, 42, posted the messages so family and friends would not become alarmed when the mother-of-two failed to return their calls or text messages, according to an arrest report obtained by PEOPLE. On Jan. 7, George McShane, who lists himself as “single” on his Facebook page, allegedly wrote on his wife’s wall: “I can’t believe I dropped my phone in the toilet. I’m such an idiot. Message me here, til I can get it fixed.” He told detectives he also sent messages to her family and friends to convince them that she was still alive, according to the report.

http://people.com/crime/husband-all...-facebook-messages-to-cover-up-murdering-her/

updated quicky timeline:

April 8 - Government officials in St. Maarten confirmed Bennett’s boat came in.
April 26 - Bennett flew to Fort Lauderdale from London and the couple was going to take a flight to somewhere in the Caribbean to begin their trip.
April 30 - Government officials in St. Maarten confirmed Bennett’s boat left for the trip.
May 2 - Hellman posts from Puerto Rico. referencing "another day in paradise".
~May 3 - (4 days after they left) Hellman's cellphone broke and all contact from this point on was through Bennett's iPad
May 14 - 5:30 p.m. - Catamaran leaves Havana, Cuba, final destination expected Boca Raton, Florida.
May 14 - 8:00 p.m. - Bennett goes below deck to sleep.
May 14 - 8:30 p.m. - Hellmann called her family to say she had left Cuba and was at sea, saying the satellite phone had been malfunctioning, but the couple had gotten it working and “we’re heading home.”
May 14 - 1:35 p.m - "accident" occurs 30 miles from Cay Sal
May 15 - 4:50 a.m. Bennett rescued to Marathon FL, Hellmann’s family picked him up that afternoon and brought him to their home in Boca Raton.
May 15 - within hours of when Bennett would have been rescued, a neighbor said she saw a car parked downstairs belonging to Hellmann’s sister.
May 17 - Neighbor said he approached Bennett to express his concern and sympathy. “He said, ‘Yeah. I’m going to be leaving for England. I’ve got to move on with my life,’ ” The neighbor said, ‘What about the baby?’ He stopped and said, “Oh. I guess I’ve got to take her with me too".
May 17 - His first time back in his apartment. Hellmann’s engagement ring, electronics and an expensive handbag were gone.
May 18 - U.S. Coast Guard called off the search.
May 19 - the key lock on Bennett’s front door had been replaced with an electronic keypad. Bennett contacted deputies to file a complaint. Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms.
May 20-23 - Bennett and baby stay at the apartment. Also that weekend, Bennett told a neighbor he wanted to search for his wife but had lost his passport when the vessel sank. He said he had obtained a temporary one but that it barred him from leaving the country right away.
May 23 - 8:30 p.m. - neighbor said she saw “official-looking” men with latex gloves and Bennett out by his car
May 24 - another neighbor was walking his dog and saw Bennett “bringing stuff out. He had someone helping him. They were throwing stuff in the dumpster.”
May 25 - Bennett's car is gone.
May 26 or 27 - CBS 12 visited the apartment. No one was home, but two boxes marked evidence were left on the front stoop-- one was open at the top, and they could see inside. The item looked like a piece of inflatable marine equipment, possibly a life-vest.
May 27 - Bennett returns from Cuba.
May 28 - Bennett goes to Boca Raton to pick up the baby, he returns to Hellman's family's home with a Boca Raton police officer demanding the baby’s things.

updated quicky timeline:

April 8 - Government officials in St. Maarten confirmed Bennett’s boat came in.
April 26 - Bennett flew to Fort Lauderdale from London and the couple was going to take a flight to somewhere in the Caribbean to begin their trip.
April 30 - Government officials in St. Maarten confirmed Bennett’s boat left for the trip.
May 2 - Hellman posts from Puerto Rico. referencing "another day in paradise".
~May 3 - (4 days after they left) Hellman's cellphone broke and all contact from this point on was through Bennett's iPad
May 14 - 5:30 p.m. - Catamaran leaves Havana, Cuba, final destination expected Boca Raton, Florida.
May 14 - 8:00 p.m. - Bennett goes below deck to sleep.
May 14 - 8:30 p.m. - Hellmann called her family to say she had left Cuba and was at sea, saying the satellite phone had been malfunctioning, but the couple had gotten it working and “we’re heading home.”
May 14 - 1:35 p.m - "accident" occurs 30 miles from Cay Sal
May 15 - 4:50 a.m. Bennett rescued to Marathon FL, Hellmann’s family picked him up that afternoon and brought him to their home in Boca Raton.
May 15 - within hours of when Bennett would have been rescued, a neighbor said she saw a car parked downstairs belonging to Hellmann’s sister.
May 17 - Neighbor said he approached Bennett to express his concern and sympathy. “He said, ‘Yeah. I’m going to be leaving for England. I’ve got to move on with my life,’ ” The neighbor said, ‘What about the baby?’ He stopped and said, “Oh. I guess I’ve got to take her with me too".
May 17 - His first time back in his apartment. Hellmann’s engagement ring, electronics and an expensive handbag were gone.
May 18 - U.S. Coast Guard called off the search.
May 19 - the key lock on Bennett’s front door had been replaced with an electronic keypad. Bennett contacted deputies to file a complaint. Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms.
May 20-23 - Bennett and baby stay at the apartment. Also that weekend, Bennett told a neighbor he wanted to search for his wife but had lost his passport when the vessel sank. He said he had obtained a temporary one but that it barred him from leaving the country right away.
May 23 - 8:30 p.m. - neighbor said she saw “official-looking” men with latex gloves and Bennett out by his car
May 24 - another neighbor was walking his dog and saw Bennett “bringing stuff out. He had someone helping him. They were throwing stuff in the dumpster.”
May 25 - Bennett's car is gone.
May 26 or 27 - CBS 12 visited the apartment. No one was home, but two boxes marked evidence were left on the front stoop-- one was open at the top, and they could see inside. The item looked like a piece of inflatable marine equipment, possibly a life-vest.
May 27 - Bennett returns from Cuba.
May 28 - Bennett goes to Boca Raton to pick up the baby, he returns to Hellman's family's home with a Boca Raton police officer demanding the baby’s things.

BBM - I believe the "accident" was at 1:30 AM not PM.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...st-guard-suspends-search-for-isabella-hellman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member