GUILTY FL - James Sheaffer, 36, slain, dismembered, Deltona, 2 April 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by summer_breeze, Apr 13, 2013.

1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

2. Loading...

3. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/press/content.htm

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/press/130059.htm

April 11, 2013
    Brandon Haught
    Public Information Office

DEPUTIES SEARCHING FOR MISSING DELTONA MAN

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding a Deltona man who went missing under suspicious circumstances April 2 and hasn’t been seen since. James Sheaffer, 36, works for a limousine business and was last seen at the business getting into an unknown man's vehicle. The men then drove away in a black passenger car, leaving Sheaffer's vehicle behind. He did not return to work for his next assignment and his live-in girlfriend and family members haven't heard from him.

Sheaffer is 5'11" and 275 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair and multiple tattoos: one that says "GRINGO" on his right neck, a "Metallica Skull" on his right calf and the letters "NCC" on his right forearm. He lives at 1610 Horseshoe Terrace and was last seen at Blue Diamond Limousine, 2840 Regent Drive, Deltona. He was last seen wearing his work outfit: black dress shirt, black dress pants and black dress shoes. It's believed that Sheaffer may have been experiencing recent financial difficulties.

Anyone with information regarding Sheaffer’s whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 386-860-7030 or dial 911 if there is an emergency.

4. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

5. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

6. southsleuth

southsleuth New Member

That is downright weird.
    She (neighbor) was co-payee on SSS benefits and
    not the live-in?

7. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer New Member

8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chopped-body-hacksaw-tried-cremate-stove.html

10. OkieGranny

http://www.wogx.com/story/27389825/woman-accused-of-killing-and-cooking-friend-indicted

11. OkieGranny

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2025045822_cookedneighborxml.html

12. OkieGranny

http://www.news-journalonline.com/a...ssion-in-case-of-dismembered-Deltona-neighbor

13. bflocket

bflocket Well-Known Member

The more I read about this case, the more I am confused about Stoldt's motive and mental state.

I understood the motive had something to do with the bank account, but it doesn't really make much sense. That's why I question her mental health. I don't understand why they had the joint account for his disability payments. Even if that gets explained, I doubt I'd "understand" it even if there was a legitimate reason.

It's been said many times in articles about this that she was "suicidal" and that is kind what got the ball rolling with her being a suspect. But being suicidal isn't really a mental illness. Anyone can become suicidal for any number of reasons. This lady obviously has more "issues" than depression, job loss or break-up. She gives him a spiked drink, stabs him in the eye with an ice pick and eventually winds up trying to cook him. And to explain the strange smell, she says there's a rat burning in the oven.

Either Sheaffer did a HELL of a lot more than overdraw "his" bank account, or this lady was a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode. I would actually understand her "getting him out of the way" if she were stealing his money and wanted continued access to his disability check, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. And the way she did it sounds like something a serial killer would do to a victim... Not someone in a financial argument.

14. bflocket

I've read just about all of the stories on this thread at one time and had seen that she mentioned "self defense" being a motive. I found an "older" (9/2014) article from Daily Mail online. It's a British paper/website. While some of their content can be somewhat tabloid-ishy, you get a slightly different slant (and sometimes much more info) on stories that happen in the USA.

This story mentions her planning to use that "Stand Your Ground" statute in her case!!!

I really don't think George Zimmerman should have gotten off Scot-free for killing Trayvon Martin, which is one of the big cases where SYG was mentioned. He shot an (unarmed) stranger "creeping around" his neighborhood.
    Like I said, shooting him wasn't called for, but it actually makes a hell of a lot more sense to bring the SYG law into the situation. That being that he didn't drug Martin, poke his eye out, try to cook him, etc.
    If those SYG laws are to be anything but an embarrassment to where they're applicable, they definitely shouldn't apply past the "poke the eye out" part of the crime. Much less the cooking part.

Florida mother-of-two who stabbed neighbor to death with an ICE PICK in the eye claims 'stand your ground' self-defense
    (Daily Mail Online, UK 9/2/2014)

In an earlier post, I said she was acting like a "serial killer" rather than someone upset about money. I should have been more specific and said "movie serial killer." And not even a regular movie murderer. What she did was something Jason Voorhees or Freddy Kruger would try to do, and they're not really even regular "human beings" in their movies!

What she's done is actually more like something from Cannibal Holocaust (still banned in parts of the world 35-yrs after its release) or Cannibal Ferox (which was released with much fanfare as "Make Them Die Slowly" here in the US).

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I guess when you're at a loss for (sensible) words, you can't help but to rant whatever comes to mind.

15. OkieGranny

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story.../volusia-woman-kills-cooks-neighbor/19979229/

16. bflocket

I'm sort of torn on that verdict.

What she did was sick, wrong and "crazy as Hell" (for lack of a better term).
    She most assuredly needs harsh punishment,
    but even moreso NEEDS TO HAVE HER HEAD EXAMINED BY A GOOD PSYCHIATRIST.

There's no way a sane person would have done all of that to him!