FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ex-wife of slain Microsoft executive Jared Bridegan has been indicted for first-degree murder in what Florida prosecutors called the "cold, calculated and premeditated murder" of the father of four.

Shanna Gardner was indicted by a grand jury on Thursday for first-degree murder, a capital felony, as well as conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and child abuse, prosecutors said.

[…]

Gardner was arrested in West Richland, Washington, and will be extradited to Duval County, authorities said. Her last name has been previously reported as Gardner-Fernandez, though the indictment and prosecutors refer to her as Gardner.

Her attorney declined to comment to ABC News.

[…]

"This investigation has uncovered the truth of Jared's murder," State Attorney Melissa Nelson, who is prosecuting the case, said during a press briefing Thursday. "Henry Tenon did not act alone. Mario Fernandez did not plan alone, and Shanna Gardner's indictment acknowledges her central and key role in the cold, calculated and premeditated murder of Jared Bridegan."

[…]

Prosecutors will also seek the death penalty against Gardner, authorities said.

"We promised at the outset of this investigation, we would not relent until we uncovered the truth of Jared's murder," Nelson said.

[…]

I am thinking the child abuse charge stems from the 2-year-old being at the scene (witnessing/hearing the murder of her dad) and being left alone while strapped in a car seat until a good Samaritan came upon the scene and called 911.

Moo.

Here's the likely reason for Shanna's child abuse charge -- Mario had the same thing listed in one of his charges:

"Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana, 34, the husband of victim Bridegan’s ex-wife, was indicted by a grand jury for first-degree murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony, and child abuse, Florida 4th Circuit State Attorney Melissa Nelson announced on Thursday.

The final charge is there because Bridegan’s 2-year-old daughter was in the backseat of his SUV — in harm’s way — when he died, the prosecutor explained. The affidavit for the arrest warrant noted that bullets struck near the child in the interior of the vehicle."

Thank you, Paula.

FULL STATEMENT

STAMPIN'UP! OWNERS' RESPONSE TO DISTRIBUTORS AFTER FERNANDEZ SALDANA'S ARREST

Words cannot accurately express the depth of our sadness. Family is our top priority. We love our daughter and are focused on supporting her and our entire family as we help our grandchildren navigate this difficult and very confusing time. For their sake and all involved, we caution against further speculation and request privacy as the legal process runs its course. In the meantime, we are thankful for the continued support, thoughtfulness and prayers being so generously shared by friends and loved ones.

I wish they would release the charging docs. I can't wait to hear what they have on her.
Yeah me too. I wondered if the Fugitive from Justice charge stems from her deliberately moving from FL to WA. She had to know it was game over.

On top of that, she intentionally took her sick son, who's already been reported by the media to have breathing problems, to a much, much higher elevation. Now the twins will never see their 1/2 siblings until they're adults and can manage contact on their own.

It is surprising, or maybe not, that they have kept the company name Stampin Up out of the recent national news coverage. The association was listed frequently earlier in the game.

Yeah me too. I wondered if the Fugitive from Justice charge stems from her deliberately moving from FL to WA. She had to know it was game over.

On top of that, she intentionally took her sick son, who's already been reported by the media to have breathing problems, to a much, much higher elevation. Now the twins will never see their 1/2 siblings until they're adults and can manage contact on their own.
West Richland, WA, is a desert. The elevation is certainly "much" higher than Jacksonville (16'), but it isn't considered a high elevation (413') in terms of breathing difficulty. Also, it's a dessert, so less humidity than Jacksonville. She's certainly not mother of the year, but I don't think this move was injurious to her son's health. Granted, I don't know anything about the breathing problems you mention.

This day didn't come fast enough, but OH I AM SO GLAD IT IS HERE!

I too will be watching her parents carefully. Loving your child can be done without enabling them. They should ALL know right from wrong!

Prayers and love sent to Kirsten and all of his children.

I certainly want to follow the parents, for they are the financial backbone to her defense.

I want to keep following Utah articles about this....
It will be interesting if Kirsten rallies support (from the larger Utah and LDS base) for her desire to let the siblings be together-somehow.

Why would they comment on this?!?! They are ridiculous. I will *never* support this business.
Right. Shanna literally 'grew up' in this company environment. The company is the same age as Shanna. Technically, I believe this company is on trial too. What her parents say will be very tricky.

The 'business', Stamp Up is a huge multi level marketing business, largely comprised of LDS followers. One does have to wonder how opinions and emotions are swirling within the large company environment which espouses "family family family".

Honestly, who does seem to be the more more respectful wife, upholding the true family values here.... Kirsten or Shanna?

I guess what I am wondering is........ will the greater "family of Stamp Up", be as totally supportive of Shanna, as her mother seemingly indicates today?? Or will they, and the greater Utah and LDS communities help drive the conversation that Shanna is guilty and should be punished.

ps. I would NEVER support this company either!!

Last edited:
It is surprising, or maybe not, that they have kept the company name Stampin Up out of the recent national news coverage. The association was listed frequently earlier in the game.
The more and more they do........ the better this case will be. The "monied protection" has to be a big part of the story, and how it rolls out.

Also found it intriguing of the apparent use of an LLC with a different identity for purchase of a home.
My guess is that the purchase of the home through an LLC or other legal constructions is becoming an SOP for both the truly wealthy and the just "well off" who work in high lawsuit risk professions.

I don’t believe “high desert” in populated eastern Washington would impact breathing.

Right. Shanna literally 'grew up' in this company environment. The company is the same age as Shanna. Technically, I believe this company is on trial too. What her parents say will be very tricky.

The 'business', Stamp Up is a huge multi level marketing business, largely comprised of LDS followers. One does have to wonder how opinions and emotions are swirling within the large company environment which espouses "family family family".

Honestly, who does seem to be the more more respectful wife, upholding the true family values here.... Kirsten or Shanna?

I guess what I am wondering is........ will the greater "family of Stamp Up", be as totally supportive of Shanna, as her mother seemingly indicates today?? Or will they, and the greater Utah and LDS communities help drive the conversation that Shanna is guilty and should be punished.

ps. I would NEVER support this company either!!

What is it with our spate of Utah spouse murders? Kouri Richins?

And Utah multi-level marketing seems to being out the worst in people. Cf LuLaRoe and the documentary…

Thank you, Paula.

FULL STATEMENT

STAMPIN'UP! OWNERS' RESPONSE TO DISTRIBUTORS AFTER FERNANDEZ SALDANA'S ARREST

There was nothing in their statement that indicates they think she is innocent, which kinda surprised me.
Maybe their eyes have been opened finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duffy411