FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this case, I don't think (remember), until today. Has Wendi Adelson written a "how to" or something? Why are people so awful and dumb?
I was thinking about the Dan Markel case and how similar they are. That murder happened in 2014 and yet Wendi Adelson is still walking around free. I really hope that isn't the case here.

I hope they are keeping any eye on her.

Its been said that: "Money Cannot Buy Happiness."

But, with the right contacts, it can buy unregistered cars, hotel rooms, rented homes in isolated places, new identification and.... false passports.
and plane tickets..........

Last edited:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The man now charged with Jared Bridegan's murder last February previously rented a home owned by the husband of Bridegan's ex-wife, law enforcement sources told First Coast News Wednesday.

Now, that home's current tenant tells First Coast News that police came to the property three times after the February murder, searching for weapons, DNA and a truck. From the start of the investigation, police have asked the public for any information regarding a blue F-150 they believe is connected to the crime.

The current tenant, who did not give his name but spoke to a reporter outside the house, moved in last February. He said he knew and liked the former tenant, Henry Tenon, who is now charged with Bridegan's murder. The man said he allowed Tenon to "crash" at the house on occasion, and that Tenon was "a hard working guy, six days a week."

[…]

Tenon has been in jail since an August 2022 traffic stop. The home's current tenant says he is in the process of moving out because Mario Fernandez is selling the property.

[…]

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The man now charged with Jared Bridegan's murder last February previously rented a home owned by the husband of Bridegan's ex-wife, law enforcement sources told First Coast News Wednesday.

Now, that home's current tenant tells First Coast News that police came to the property three times after the February murder, searching for weapons, DNA and a truck. From the start of the investigation, police have asked the public for any information regarding a blue F-150 they believe is connected to the crime.

The current tenant, who did not give his name but spoke to a reporter outside the house, moved in last February. He said he knew and liked the former tenant, Henry Tenon, who is now charged with Bridegan's murder. The man said he allowed Tenon to "crash" at the house on occasion, and that Tenon was "a hard working guy, six days a week."

[…]

Tenon has been in jail since an August 2022 traffic stop. The home's current tenant says he is in the process of moving out because Mario Fernandez is selling the property.

[…]

So HT moved out of that rental the same month JB was murdered. I'd love to know the date of the first search LE did at the rental. Just curious if LE was onto HT as a suspect before or after his August arrest for unrelated charges.

I started these notes when Jared was killed - so I shall shorten this up a bit....

Thursday, January 26th:
*Initial Appearance Hearing (@ am ET) - FL - Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022. *Henry Arthur Tenon (61) arrested & charged (1/25/23) with charged with conspiracy to commit murder, 2nd degree murder with a weapon, accessory to the fact to a capital felony & child abuse.
Bridegan had just dropped off his older two children at their mother’s house in Jacksonville Beach when he stopped on a wooded stretch of Sanctuary Way (just off Jacksonville Drive) near J. Turner Butler Blvd. on his way home. Police believe he was trying to move a tire that was in the road. Detectives believe that tire may have been part of the setup for his slaying." “He was right at the driver’s door & we believe that the shooter was less than four feet, three feet from him,” Jacksonville Beach Police Det. Sgt. David Young said. “It was specific, Bridegan used this route all the time. Whoever [killed him] knew the route.” Neighbors’ surveillance cameras from the Sanctuary subdivision caught the sound of several gunshots just before 8pm. He stepped out of his black Volkswagen Atlas, an unknown assailant shot Bridegan in front of the terrified child & fled. Bexley remained in the car for three full minutes near her father’s lifeless body before a passerby stumbled on the gruesome scene & pulled her from the car, police said.
3/26/22 Update: Jacksonville Beach Police & federal agents with the ATF are working tirelessly to solve the case. Last week, they released video of a dark colored 2004 to 2008 Ford F-150 pickup truck. It has running boards, brown trim & a silver toolbox. Investigators said they are exploring all options, looking at potential motives & not ruling out anyone as a suspect.
6/14/22 Update: The ex-wife of Bridgean shot dead in front of his 2-year-old daughter has hired a criminal defense lawyer — as new details have emerged about the pair’s acrimonious split. The shocking murder remains unsolved & the Jacksonville Beach Police Dept. has not publicly named a suspect. But Shanna Gardner-Fernandez (35) & her husband, Mario Fernandez, are now represented by high-powered criminal defense attorney Henry Coxe III. Coxe, the former president of the Florida Bar, "specializes in serious federal & state criminal matters," according to his bio on the Bedell Firm website.
7/21/22 Update: Gardner-Fernandez & her husband Mario Fernandez hired high-powered criminal defense attorney Henry Coxe III. The couple remain suspects in the murder, a law-enforcement source said.
8/17/22 Update: Tuesday marks six months since a local father was gunned down in Jacksonville Beach. Jared was shot several times at close range as his 2 1/2-year-old-year-old daughter was in the backseat of his SUV around 8pm Feb. 16, 2022 near the Sanctuary neighborhood in south Jacksonville Beach. Sgt. Tonya Tator, with the Jacksonville Beach Police Dept, has confidence an arrest will be made. “There’s a good chance, a good, good chance,” Tator said during a sit-down interview with News4JAX. “Maybe not now, maybe not next week, but I feel confident that eventually, we will find the person or persons responsible for this.” Tator has been involved with the case since the night Jared was killed. Good Samaritans took his toddler daughter Bexley from the back seat, & she reunited with her mother at the police station. Tator was there with them. “You’re looking at someone that just found out their entire life was turned upside, down & there’s not anything you can do for them but be right there & assure them we will do everything in our power to find out who is responsible,” Tator said. Detectives suspect someone set up Jared, who had just dropped his two older children off at their mother’s home in Jacksonville Beach & was returning home to St. Johns County on the night of the deadly shooting. According to detectives, he driving along a dark stretch in between the Sanctuary neighborhood & J. Turner Butler Blvd when he stopped because of a tire in the road & as he stepped out, someone ambushed him & shot him multiple times. Detectives believe the tire was likely planted in the road. Tator said it looks like someone specifically set out to kill Jared. “That’s what evidence is leading us to believe,” she said. Investigators processed the tire, sent bullet casings to a ballistics lab & are looking for a 2004 to 2008 blue Ford F-150 pickup truck seen in the area around 8pm — when the shooting happened. “All I can say is there is a lot of forensic evidence we’re going through. I can’t get specific,” Tator said. “We’re looking at every piece of evidence.” Detectives are looking at all possibilities & haven’t publicly identified any suspects or people of interest. They aren’t ruling out anyone. Investigators are looking at his past history, the route he took & the fact he just dropped his two older children off at their mother’s house up the road. There’s now a $55,000 reward for information leading to an arrest & prosecution in the killing. First Coast Crime Stoppers is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Much of that money was raised privately by the Bridegan family. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, or ATF, is offering an additional $5,000 for information leading to an arrest & conviction.
1/25/23 Update: Jacksonville Beach Police say Henry Tenon has been arrested in connection with the murder of Bridegan. And say "we know Tenon did not act alone." Tenon is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, 2nd degree murder with a weapon, accessory to the fact to a capital felony & child abuse. Tenon's arrest warrant & affidavit will be sealed for the next 30 days because the investigation is ongoing. State attorney says they will present Tenon's case to a Grand Jury to seek an indictment for 1st degree murder. He will go before a judge tomorrow, 1/26/23 on murder charges. It has been learned that Tenon rented a house from Mario Fernandez, who is/was married to Shanna Gardner Fernandez, who is Bridegan's ex-wife. Tenon was already in jail awaiting trial for Aug. 18, 2022 charges of possession of a weapon by a felon & driving with a suspended or revoked license on a third or subsequent conviction. That arrest report stated he had a shotgun in the trunk during a traffic stop. Tenon has a sentencing date on 1/31/23 @ 9am for his weapons citation. His address is listed in the 8700 block of Old Kings Road in his most recent court documents. However, some people-finder online research tools list the 5200 block of Potomac Avenue. Property records show the ex-wife's husband owned the rental property from 2017 to October 2022.

I only know Kirsten through what I have seen in news interviews and social media accounts, but I admire the heck out of her. She is tenacious on Jared's behalf and on behalf of Jared's children, not only her own children with Jared, but on behalf of his twins by Gardner-Fernandez. Kirsten has always included them in her statements and conversations. It's obvious she loves them very much and won't stop her battle until justice is served to all who are linked with Jared's murder.

Florida widow of slain Microsoft exec calls out his ex-wife after suspect's arrest

I only know Kirsten through what I have seen in news interviews and social media accounts, but I admire the heck out of her. She is tenacious on Jared's behalf and on behalf of Jared's children, not only her own children with Jared, but on behalf of his twins by Gardner-Fernandez. Kirsten has always included them in her statements and conversations. It's obvious she loves them very much and won't stop her battle until justice is served to all who are linked with Jared's murder.

Florida widow of slain Microsoft exec calls out his ex-wife after suspect's arrest

Wow. How heartbreaking. She sounds like a great lady.

How did Shanna and Mario meet? I know she had an affair, but was this a CrossFit hookup? Did he work for them? Old flames reconnecting on Facebook?

1/26/23
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The man accused of killing a St. Johns County father of 4 in Jacksonville Beach in 2022 appeared in court on Thursday morning.
Thursday he faced a judge who read the new, more serious set of charges he faces:
Conspiracy to commit murder - Nelson said investigators know Tenon didn’t act alone in the crime
Accessory after the fact to a capital felony
Child abuse - Because Bridegan’s then-2-year-old daughter Bexley was directly in harm’s way during the shooting, Nelson said
Second-degree murder

Tenon appeared in person before a judge who said another judge had already reviewed his arrest warrant and found probable cause on all charges. He will remain in jail without bond.

The judge on Thursday said she will appoint the public defender’s office to Tenon’s case and he will have a hearing in circuit court on February 16.

IKR? Instead of displaying true affection for their offspring, narcs tend to use their children as pawns in their lives in ways that behoove them. One need only reflect upon the party Celebration of Life the X held to know something's not right here.

This lack of true affection in the raising of children, coupled with using them for nefarious purposes or by ignoring improper behavior or by teaching them that lies are little fibs that cause no harm, etc, are some of the reasons our society is filled with devious doers. A wise person once taught me:

"If you will lie, you will steal. If you will steal, you will kill."

I believed it then and I believe it now.

moo and all that jazz
agreed. narcs use their kids as they see fit and consider them possessions, not ppl w feelings

[…]

[…]
funny how he moved out that same month. did they think that didnt look sus?

from link - "Up until he moved out last February, Henry Tenon rented the house from Mario Fernandez, according to law enforcement sources."

Cops had Microsoft exec's 'killer' in sights for months and raided the home he rented from new husband of victim's ex-wife last SUMMER taking ‘bags, electronics, pistol, clothes - everything’ and were focused on his jacket and truck​

• Speaking on condition of anonymity one source who witnessed the raid said: 'It was crazy. There were Jacksonville Beach cop cars, the ATF, all down the street. They just descended on the home.
  • According to the source, police questioned Tenon's friend, who currently lives at the Jacksonville residence which was raided, 'on at least four separate occasions' about the felon's movements and were keenly interested in the whereabouts of his truck.
  • 'They removed dozens of bags. They took all the electronics in the house, an old .32 pistol that you can't hardly get ammunition for anymore, clothes…everything.
  • 'They went all through the place even into the attic taking samples for DNA. They were looking for a gun, they were really interested in a jacket of a particular color, and they were asking questions about Henry's truck.'
  • The source said: 'Henry told his friend that his truck had broken down and he didn't have it anymore and wasn't fussed about getting it fixed because he had a Crown Vic [Ford Crown Victoria] to drive.'
  • But key among the sparse details released was investigators' belief in the significance of a blue Ford F-150 from between 2004 and 2008 caught near the scene in blurred images reproduced on posters offering an escalating reward for information leading to an arrest.

full article:

Finally after almost a year, an arrest in the Jared Bridegan's murder,and more arrest are expected.....
I feel great empathy for his widow. What a wonderful example she is. I wonder if in the end, there is any chance that she could end up with visitation rights/visits for the siblings if his ex-wife is charged?

My close friend had a step-son and a son who were raised by him as brothers, until one day the step dad decided he was taking him back. Ultimately the court agreed on brother’s visitation rights.

Last edited:
Jared had, "concerns on his life," before he was murdered.....

Thanks for linking that. From the article with the video...
[snip]

“I mean, it’s scary, right? It’s frightening, frankly, that there is a connection, and that there’s this mass conspiracy. It does not help us sleep at night. Yeah, mass conspiracy,” Adam Bridegan said.

“Mass conspiracy? Elaborate,” asked reporter Vic Micolucci.

“We don’t know the depths of how large this conspiracy is. But we know that it’s definitely more than one individual, and that these individuals right now are living in freedom and that they’re going about their lives as if nothing ever happened when our world has been destroyed,” Adam Bridegan said. “And that’s painful.”

[snip]

Jared Bridegan’s brother also shared something startling.

“I won’t get into specifics. But I did have several conversations with Jared, where he did express concerns that something like this could happen to him,” Adam Bridegan said. “He did have concerns on his life.”

[snip]

This stuck out to me from this article:

Her wealthy parents, Sterling and Shelli Gardner, used an LLC to secretly purchase a $1 million home for her in West Richland, Washington, property records show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks