FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolding and underscoring by me. This is only rumor.

No time was given except "Monday night"; no information as to how Mr. Kesse knows there was a knock on the door; no information given as to how he knows what Jennifer believed, no information given as to how he knows it was her male upstairs neighbor; no information given as to how he knows she didn't answer. Nothing.

Mrs. Kesse later and separately confirmed that Jennifer's door had a peep hole--not that she looked through it. Nothing more.

Interesting to question--why put this out there with nothing more? Just tossing us "internet crazies" a bone to pick?

The quote below is not snipped in any way. It is Mr. Kesse's full statement on the knock. The link is there for verification.

At about 9 minutes in:
Mr. Kesse: Now there was a knock on her door that Monday night and she believed it was her neighbor upstairs. It was a guy. She didn’t answer it.
https://audioboom.com/posts/6396347-unit-2226

A knock on her door , that night , by a guy , and a matter of hours later she is gone...

I was more thinking a worker actually being left alone to lock up , if he falsely gained jenns trust , but i think is extremely unlikely, plus if it did happen , she would mention it to family.

But as a possible POI , a painter (for example) would have access to all areas ? access to a van ? possibly staying on site ? and with a young , attractive woman , basically all alone in the block..

And with what you mentioned re the attention to jenn and maybe being more aware of English than thought , it’s entirely possible.
Concerning being all alone on the block--wasn't it later discovered that Jennifer had a child molester living a few doors down and it was confirmed by law enforcement that he had been home, but stoned, that evening? Something like that? Then he moved to another state and died? Does it sound familiar?

I think I can confirm it with a linked quote but I keep thinking the forum is going down any second. (I'll look it up, though. Just might take a little bit).

A knock on her door , that night , by a guy , and a matter of hours later she is gone...
That's right. I agree. And when I brought it to the W/S thread that was pretty much the exact point I made.

It's trying to attach it to the conversation with Rob that is out of control, made up rumor. And nothing but.

Yes, this is potentially very important. Not sure how it was that Jennifer knew it was a man. In Mr Kesse's statement, she didn't answer the door. Maybe she got up and looked through her peephole ? Or perhaps she heard him say something ?

I think truth Prevails is right : we should consider it a rumor, as LE has never confirmed or denied it, but JMO. But, then, OPD has revealed almost nothing to the public. And this after 12 years ? SMH...

Concerning being all alone on the block--wasn't it later discovered that Jennifer had a child molester living a few doors down and it was confirmed by law enforcement that he had been home, but stoned, that evening? Something like that? Then he moved to another state and died? Does it sound familiar?

I think I can confirm it with a linked quote but I keep thinking the forum is going down any second. (I'll look it up, though. Just might take a little bit).

Yeh , i recall reading that for sure.

Re neighbours, how many flats are there in jenns block ? And is it a actual separate stand alone building?

That's right. I agree. And when I brought it to the W/S thread that was pretty much the exact point I made.

It's trying to attach it to the conversation with Rob that is out of control, made up rumor. And nothing but.

She spoke to a few people that night too parents , brother? girlfriend and of course Rob.

Yeh , i recall reading that for sure.

Re neighbours, how many flats are there in jenns block ? And is it a actual separate stand alone building?
BBM - Yes, I think we are understanding each other. I'm going to post pictures just to be sure we are on the same page. :)

rbi0ed.jpg 91fafs.jpg

Here is a transcript from a radio program with Mr. Kesse discussing the "pedophile". I'm not sure how many "condos" were/are contained in the whole building, but according to Mr. Kesse below only a total of 5 or possibly 6 were occupied.

So, Mrs. Kesse has said that a woman lived in the condo directly beneath Jenn, so on the first floor very near Jenn's assigned parking spot. Then there would be the upstairs male neighbor who supposedly knocked on Jennifer's door at some point on the 24th; and a total of three people on Jennifer's floor (the 2nd floor)--Jennifer herself, the person Mr. Kesse mentions in the process of moving out at the time of Jennifer's disappearance, and the pedophile.

That's a total of five accounted for--maybe one missing?

There were only three floors to her building.

@ about 11:29 minutes:
Drew Kesse: But, at any rate, no, it was an apartment to condo conversion, and there were only approximately 6 people, or maybe even 5 people, living in that entire building. And there was two people on her floor—one was just moving out, and there was another person, as we found out later, turned out to be a pedophile. But no, there was very scarce—there was a lot of workers because of the construction and the conversion. She was one of the very first ones [to actually buy.]
…
(11:53) No, in fact, really we did not know that the person lived there. And it was only brought up to us by detectives who—I think on the third or fourth day after Jennifer was missing—knocked on the door and told us that, you know, he didn’t know anything. He was already drunk and stoned at 9 o’clock in the morning.

And, I’m like, what do you mean he didn’t know anything? I didn’t even know that he lived there and I’ve been here. And now he is a pedophile and now you are just saying he is drunk and stoned around 9 o’clock in the morning?

It’s weird. But at any rate, unfortunately, he moved to Texas and he is now deceased. So, his story has ended so to say, and I don’t know if he was really involved what-so-ever.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-cop-doc/2011/03/11/thecopdoc-jennifer-kesse-update

BBM - Yes, I think we are understanding each other. I'm going to post pictures just to be sure we are on the same page. :)

View attachment 134583 View attachment 134584

Here is a transcript from a radio program with Mr. Kesse discussing the "pedophile". I'm not sure how many "condos" were/are contained in the whole building, but according to Mr. Kesse below only a total of 5 or possibly 6 were occupied.

So, Mrs. Kesse has said that a woman lived in the condo directly beneath Jenn, so on the first floor very near Jenn's assigned parking spot. Then there would be the upstairs male neighbor who supposedly knocked on Jennifer's door at some point on the 24th; and a total of three people of Jennifer's floor (the 2nd floor)--Jennifer herself, the person Mr. Kesse mentions in the process of moving out at the time of Jennifer's disappearance, and the pedophile.

That's a total of five accounted for--maybe one missing?

There were only three floors to her building.

@ about 11:29 minutes:
Drew Kesse: But, at any rate, no, it was an apartment to condo conversion, and there were only approximately 6 people, or maybe even 5 people, living in that entire building. And there was two people on her floor—one was just moving out, and there was another person, as we found out later, turned out to be a pedophile. But no, there was very scarce—there was a lot of workers because of the construction and the conversion. She was one of the very first ones [to actually buy.]
…
(11:53) No, in fact, really we did not know that the person lived there. And it was only brought up to us by detectives who—I think on the third or fourth day after Jennifer was missing—knocked on the door and told us that, you know, he didn’t know anything. He was already drunk and stoned at 9 o’clock in the morning.

And, I’m like, what do you mean he didn’t know anything? I didn’t even know that he lived there and I’ve been here. And now he is a pedophile and now you are just saying he is drunk and stoned around 9 o’clock in the morning?

It’s weird. But at any rate, unfortunately, he moved to Texas and he is now deceased. So, his story has ended so to say, and I don’t know if he was really involved what-so-ever.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-cop-doc/2011/03/11/thecopdoc-jennifer-kesse-update

Wow , thats a big building to be so empty, occupants wise !...

Thanks , Truth

She spoke to a few people that night too parents , brother? girlfriend and of course Rob.
She definitely did, but some of these people don't give many interviews, if any. And none within the last decade, so it's hard to find supporting links.

It's been confirmed that her car passed through the toll booth that she normally used on her way home from work at 6:15 PM, and it's been confirmed that this is the time frame when she spoke to her father and brother. So, before she reached her condo--about 15 minutes before according to Google maps, if I have correctly located the toll booth and if she went directly to her condo without stopping to grab some food.

It's confirmed that she spoke to her mother that morning around 6:30 AM for about half-an-hour as she drove from Fort Lauderdale to Ocoee. Some people say she spoke to her mother that evening as well, but I'm not sure about that. I think it's just AM/PM confusion.

Anyway, that brings us to Jennifer's girlfriend since 2nd grade confirming she spoke to Jennifer that evening on one of the TV specials (and this is believed to have been a call that lasted almost two hours); and we at W/S know she spoke briefly to Travis (cell phone owner) from old comments.

Mr. Kesse has also said Jennifer spoke to a "couple" of her girlfriends--now, after a while she runs out of time, but it's possible she fit it in somehow.

And then the last brief call to Rob.

But no time is given for any of the calls Jennifer exchanged that evening once she reached her condo--nor do we know if they were landline or cell phone calls, with the exception of the landline phone call to Rob.

I find it odd that times are rarely given for anything in this case, but maybe it's just because no-one but us think a timeline is important. It's frustrating.

Wow , thats a big building to be so empty, occupants wise !...

Thanks , Truth
And think of a whole complex of almost empty buildings, equally big. (I think this was the case).

With no security, or very little. Plus open air hallways. And a crime-ridden neighborhood within a close walking distance.

It could have been anyone.

And think of a whole complex of almost empty buildings, equally big. (I think this was the case).

With no security, or very little. Plus open air hallways. And a crime-ridden neighborhood within a close walking distance.

It could have been anyone.

Were the other blocks similarly low on occupants?

Doesn't paint a safe picture..

yes, she was on the phone a lot that night. LE has not revealed much about those calls. I now wonder if she needed to run out to the store that night. something she had to have, eg tampax ? Because I cannot see her opening her door that night. Except to someone who had texted her/called her and asked if they could come over. jmo

Jennifer went with her BF to St. Croix. Did anyone else go with them, friends of either one ? Have never really heard this trip discussed much.

Did jenn always park in her designated spot ?

Where did she park the last night ?

The gardeners say they never saw her car in the morning? Are they meaning anywhere, or just her designated space ?

Did jenn always park in her designated spot ?

Where did she park the last night ?
I have searched for confirmation of the answers to both these questions--in fact still search--and I can't really find anything solid. There just seems to be an assumption that since she definitely had a designated spot (back/north side) that is where she must have parked; although, there is parking--albeit what I call parallel parking--available on the front side (pond/south side) of her building. There seems to be no answers as to whether or not she could have used them if she wanted to.

There is no confirmation that I have found that firmly puts Jennifer's vehicle in her assigned parking spot at any time on the evening of the 23rd and into the morning of the 24th. If you find something, I hope you pop in here with it.

The gardeners say they never saw her car in the morning? Are they meaning anywhere, or just her designated space ?
This is another good question, really. I think all the discussion of what the gardeners saw and didn't see is basically centered around her designated space, but I could be wrong about that.

I came across the following old statement from the Kesses--originally posted on the Guestbook, but copied over here to W/S, so I think it is okay to re-post as it is a statement from the family--which gives indication that the two people from management who first entered Jennifer's condo in search for her then drove the whole complex looking for her car.

This indicates to me that there was at least the possibility that Jennifer did not have to park in her assigned spot if she chose not to; but it just puts the thought out there without real confirmation. As often happens with this case.

Snipped quote: We contacted the management office of her condo complex, explained the situation and asked them to please check on her. The door was locked, upon entering the unit they found nothing amiss, they then drove the complex in search of her car, not there. We then began the drive to Orlando, calling Rob, her friends, the hospital ER’s, and the police.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...4-Orlando-24-Jan-2006-2&p=1239183#post1239183

we know she talked with many people, most of the night she was on the phone. Either he was outside and heard everything or more likely he was inside the apt.
He knew not to attack before she finished talking all her friends and family. He heard her saying she is going to bed and he had the whole night to do what he planned to do.
He took the 2 phones ,briefcase... other things ,this way the police and no one knows where the crime scene was, outside the mosaic ?
did she drove somewhere? near her car? in the apt?
I believe he knew she lived alone ,not many neighbors, no cameras. An easy taeget.

Were the other blocks similarly low on occupants?
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Mr. Kesse has said that Jennifer bought "early on".

Doesn't paint a safe picture..
It surely does not. The only reason I can think of to make Jennifer buy there would be that she considered it an excellent financial investment.

And in 2006--before the big housing market crash in 2009--I suppose it was. Once that complex got finished, those condos would have seen a considerable increase in value. No-one saw the "bubble" bursting as hard as it did; and had that not happened that tiny condo would have probably been worth around $750,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 today.

So, maybe, Jennifer, who was the epitome of how to lead a safety conscious life style decided--for once--to throw caution to the wind and buy her first home with an eye on financial gain.

I find it just shows how smart and ambitious she was.

And brave, too. This was a young woman who had never lived alone. She move from her parent's home in 1999 to go to university, but Jennifer and the same girl-friend lived together in one apartment or the other until November, 2005; when Jennifer's girl-friend got married and Jennifer purchased and moved into the condo.

I wonder if someone could have been watching her prior to November, 2005; and realized the opportunity that the half built/half renovated complex offered?

Probably not, but I just wonder sometimes.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Mr. Kesse has said that Jennifer bought "early on".

It surely does not. The only reason I can think of to make Jennifer buy there would be that she considered it an excellent financial investment.

And in 2006--before the big housing market crash in 2009--I suppose it was. Once that complex got finished, those condos would have seen a considerable increase in value. No-one saw the "bubble" bursting as hard as it did; and had that not happened that tiny condo would have probably been worth around $750,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 today.

So, maybe, Jennifer, who was the epitome of how to lead a safety conscious life style decided--for once--to throw caution to the wind and buy her first home with an eye on financial gain.

I find it just shows how smart and ambitious she was.

And brave, too. This was a young woman who had never lived alone. She move from her parent's home in 1999 to go to university, but Jennifer and the same girl-friend lived together in one apartment or the other until November, 2005; when Jennifer's girl-friend got married and Jennifer purchased and moved into the condo.

I wonder if someone could have been watching her prior to November, 2005; and realized the opportunity that the half built/half renovated complex offered?

Probably not, but I just wonder sometimes.

It all seems so sudden , 2 months ? in her first flat , alone and she is abducted and never found ( a lifelong fear..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow