FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the maintenance worker, RE, aka "Chino," most likely abducted, raped, and killed Jennifer—probably alone but possibly with his supervisor, who seems very sketchy to me—but one problem with prosecuting him is the existence of other possible suspects. Jennifer had a creepy co-worker who was apparently obsessed with her, and she had an ex-boyfriend who was drinking at a bar not far from her apartment on the night that she was last seen.

Any defense attorney would have a field day with those two alternate suspects.

Prosecutors are fairly gutless; they don't like to charge a suspect unless they're assured of a win, and in this case, they'd have a 50/50 shot at best. I don't know of any prosecutor who would move forward with only an even chance.
The main problem with prosecuting him is lack of evidence. Imo if you have the evidence, then the existence of those other people won’t be an issue. All the evidence against him that I am aware of is some people think he looks like the poi. Imo he could be the poi, but a lot of other people could be too. As far as I know the police won’t say for certain the gender of the poi. They’ve also wavered on the height estimate.

Chino also passed a polygraph.

Snipped quote: When Detective Wright found Chino, he was serving time for a statutory rape charge. On March 18, 2009, Wright interviewed Chino in prison and asked him about that time he worked in Jennifer's condo. Chino said Jennifer let him inside her condo. "Everything was normal." Chino also told him, "I don't have any idea what happened to her." That day, Chino took a polygraph test and he passed.

No evidence against Chino
I wouldn't say that there's "no" evidence. At least one employee from the apartment complex claimed to recognize Chino from the video footage. If I remember correctly, she blurted out, "That's Chino" upon seeing the images.

It is possible to recognize someone you know from his or her shape, movements, or posture without seeing the person's face.

I agree that it would take quite a bit more for the prosecutor to be able to bring charges.

Chino also passed a polygraph.

Snipped quote: When Detective Wright found Chino, he was serving time for a statutory rape charge. On March 18, 2009, Wright interviewed Chino in prison and asked him about that time he worked in Jennifer's condo. Chino said Jennifer let him inside her condo. "Everything was normal." Chino also told him, "I don't have any idea what happened to her." That day, Chino took a polygraph test and he passed.
Polygraph tests are essentially meaningless.

Here’s a transcript from JVM about Drew talking about Hataway:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now let`s talk about the other case involving the Kesses. Jennifer Kesse is missing; her parents desperate to find her. Take a look at this. You see James Hataway on the left and you see this surveillance footage of a man at Jennifer Kesse`s apartment the day she disappeared.

Now, Drew Kesse, your goal I presume is to find out if this was one and the same person.

DREW KESSE, JENNIFER KESSE`S FATHER: Yes. We would like to know. Actually, we do have pictures of Mr. Hataway three years ago right next to the picture of the person by the fence. He does have the same hair cut three years ago. But, you know, you have to let the investigation go through its paces, and, you know, DNA has been given up by Mr. Hataway is my understanding. And he did fail a polygraph is my understanding.

It will take the time that it does take. Unfortunately we`re not watching an hour-long TV show here.

snip…

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s go back to that photo, too, as you talk about this.

D. KESSE: Actually I don`t know if I`m allowed to mention it. You can Google image and it will come up under James Hataway. And it`s before he started being catted (ph) all up. He has the cut; seems to be the right size. He looks totally different than what`s on the screen right now where in what you`d been showing -- just totally different.

He had a full head of hair three years ago. And when you put the picture right next to that one of walking across the fence, it is chilling.

Just posting to prove the point that the poi looks like numerous people.

Here’s a transcript from JVM about Drew talking about Hataway:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now let`s talk about the other case involving the Kesses. Jennifer Kesse is missing; her parents desperate to find her. Take a look at this. You see James Hataway on the left and you see this surveillance footage of a man at Jennifer Kesse`s apartment the day she disappeared.

Now, Drew Kesse, your goal I presume is to find out if this was one and the same person.

DREW KESSE, JENNIFER KESSE`S FATHER: Yes. We would like to know. Actually, we do have pictures of Mr. Hataway three years ago right next to the picture of the person by the fence. He does have the same hair cut three years ago. But, you know, you have to let the investigation go through its paces, and, you know, DNA has been given up by Mr. Hataway is my understanding. And he did fail a polygraph is my understanding.

It will take the time that it does take. Unfortunately we`re not watching an hour-long TV show here.

snip…

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s go back to that photo, too, as you talk about this.

D. KESSE: Actually I don`t know if I`m allowed to mention it. You can Google image and it will come up under James Hataway. And it`s before he started being catted (ph) all up. He has the cut; seems to be the right size. He looks totally different than what`s on the screen right now where in what you`d been showing -- just totally different.

He had a full head of hair three years ago. And when you put the picture right next to that one of walking across the fence, it is chilling.

Just posting to prove the point that the poi looks like numerous people.

Didn't they basically rule out James Hataway because of the height of the person walking by the fence?

Didn't they basically rule out James Hataway because of the height of the person walking by the fence?
I don’t know if he’s been ruled out. As far as I know the only person that has been cleared is Rob. The family and the police have actually wavered on the height of the poi.

I was making a point that the poi looks like a lot of people. You could literally drive around the block on any given day and find several people that could be the poi.

Here’s some information on the height and why we really don’t know how tall the poi is. I think the poi is taller than the FBI’s estimate.
——————————————
From post 337 in thread 10 of websleuths:

“I would say there's some leeway there 5'5 to 5'11. We're not going to be held to these measurements. Our person could be taller than 5'5," said Orlando Detective Joel Wright.”

*This came from a linked article but the link is dead.

———————————————

The Kesse’s Guestbook post:
94DE8EF2-7A54-42DF-B1D2-117D1B37FABE.jpeg

———————————-
Unconcluded #13 around the 22 minute mark

Host quotes an interview Drew did with CNN.

Drew: “Well we had a bit of a problem with the height of our suspect all along. It was actually 3 different heights that came out and the investigators to my knowledge decided to go with the FBI’s but we had ranges right up to 5’10 and 5’11 from other law enforcement agencies as well as news agencies too. Let’s throw away the height because it could be different now. It just could be different”

—————————

House of Broken Dreams around the 10:45 mark

Logan states they always have taken the height estimate “with a grain of salt”.

I will also say that Logan says in this episode that none of the workers that he came into contact with on Tuesday 1/24 were dressed like the poi and his initial thought when seeing it was the poi was a female. He now thinks the poi is a male with a man bun. (This starts around the 9:15 minute mark)

——————-

If you read the entire forum there are several posts questioning the estimate over the years. One member did an experiment and she spoke of it in post 283 thread 4. I think it’s a very good post.

I wouldn't say that there's "no" evidence. At least one employee from the apartment complex claimed to recognize Chino from the video footage. If I remember correctly, she blurted out, "That's Chino" upon seeing the images.

It is possible to recognize someone you know from his or her shape, movements, or posture without seeing the person's face.

I agree that it would take quite a bit more for the prosecutor to be able to bring charges.

Polygraph tests are essentially meaningless.

Someone's opinion doesn't make it evidence. You can't determine who it is in the video.

Someone's opinion doesn't make it evidence. You can't determine who it is in the video.
You could say that any eyewitness identification is an opinion, but those are still used as evidence.

You could say that any eyewitness identification is an opinion, but those are still used as evidence.
To my knowledge she was not an eyewitness. I‘ve never heard that she actually witnessed anything.

Eyewitness- An eyewitness is a person who has firsthand knowledge of an event from seeing the event. These people are often called into a court of law to give testimony about what they have seen. Generally, a person claiming to be an eyewitness must satisfy the court regarding their presence on the spot through some kind of circumstantial or corroborative evidence.

Snipped quote: When he showed the woman the security camera photo of the unidentified person, she told him it resembled a man she knew from the complex known as Chino because of his hair, clothing and the way he walked.

Here's the image the woman was shown:
kesse-10.jpg

Detective Wright exhausted this theory in 2009. It went nowhere.

To my knowledge she was not an eyewitness. I‘ve never heard that she actually witnessed anything.

Eyewitness- An eyewitness is a person who has firsthand knowledge of an event from seeing the event. These people are often called into a court of law to give testimony about what they have seen. Generally, a person claiming to be an eyewitness must satisfy the court regarding their presence on the spot through some kind of circumstantial or corroborative evidence.
I did not say that she was an eyewitness.

I used eyewitness identification as an example of evidence that could be considered opinion.

If someone who knows Chino—knows his body, his posture, his movements—claims to be able to recognize him as the person in the security footage, that's evidence.

I did not say that she was an eyewitness.

I used eyewitness identification as an example of evidence that could be considered opinion.

If someone who knows Chino—knows his body, his posture, his movements—claims to be able to recognize him as the person in the security footage, that's evidence.
IMO it’s only evidence if you can prove the person is him. Without that, it’s only someone‘s opinion and there has been several opinions regarding the video. Her opinion gave the police cause to investigate him further which they did. He even agreed to and passed a polygraph.

Drew gave this interview in November 2020. He stated “Chino is just someone that happened to work and live at Mosaic at Millenia, and he is just someone in a line of people that we needed to talk to. Not as a person of interest to be quite honest with you, but for his knowledge. I mean he was there every day. He lived there. He worked there.”
Starts around 3.15 mark

New show from this week.
-Ben also passed a fbi poly
-100 unidentified fingerprints in car
-2 hairs in car

The part where Bill Moore is talking about the grave and the targeted planned attack is chilling to me. I have a feeling that they know something, and they’re trying to rattle someone.

I wonder who the 6-7 people are that they want to talk to...

Who are these witnesses who saw Jennifer struggling with someone driving her car on the morning of her abduction?

I've followed this case since Feb 2006 and I have not heard a peep out of any of them. Not publicly anyway.

Who are these witnesses who saw Jennifer struggling with someone driving her car on the morning of her abduction?

I've followed this case since Feb 2006 and I have not heard a peep out of any of them. Not publicly anyway.
He is referring to the couple that saw a car swerving coming out of Mosaic. The couple was on their way to the hospital for a cancer treatment. The lady spoke on one of the podcasts. I believe it was unconcluded. Joel Wright has said that before on Oxygen Up & Vanished.

My problem with this tip is why didn’t others see the car Tuesday morning if it was driving erratically around that part of town. Jennifer lived in a congested area right off the interstate. This couple saw the car from a distance. I think it’s highly likely they saw another mid size black sedan swerve. Drew has said several times that he doesn’t think Jennifer was inside her car after she was abducted. Now it seems like the people responsible for this crime didn’t wipe/clean the car as throughly as has been reported for years. My guess is they didn’t feel the need to. I’ve always been skeptical about the car being as “clean“ as was reported. One reason is the items that were left in it. I didn’t see a scenario where the dvd player was cleaned and then buckled back in the car. That’s just too risky. You can also see dust on the console between the drivers seat and the passengers seat. It’s hard for me to believe that the items on that console such as the key, pills, sunglasses, and the white card like thing would still be sitting there if there had been a struggle. It’s also hard for me to believe that the poi would stage it like that too. I think it’s like that because Jennifer left it like that and there wasn’t a struggle in the car. I think the poi just moved the car.

Attachments

• 8680EA0B-8436-44F8-99F0-C4017CFC94B3.jpeg
    8680EA0B-8436-44F8-99F0-C4017CFC94B3.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 9
  • B2C2E095-4E9E-45EE-A0D5-1E3AA20C0592.jpeg
    B2C2E095-4E9E-45EE-A0D5-1E3AA20C0592.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 10
He is referring to the couple that saw a car swerving coming out of Mosaic. The couple was on their way to the hospital for a cancer treatment. The lady spoke on one of the podcasts. I believe it was unconcluded. Joel Wright has said that before on Oxygen Up & Vanished.

My problem with this tip is why didn’t others see the car Tuesday morning if it was driving erratically around that part of town. Jennifer lived in a congested area right off the interstate. This couple saw the car from a distance. I think it’s highly likely they saw another mid size black sedan swerve. Drew has said several times that he doesn’t think Jennifer was inside her car after she was abducted. Now it seems like the people responsible for this crime didn’t wipe/clean the car as throughly as has been reported for years. My guess is they didn’t feel the need to. I’ve always been skeptical about the car being as “clean“ as was reported. One reason is the items that were left in it. I didn’t see a scenario where the dvd player was cleaned and then buckled back in the car. That’s just too risky. You can also see dust on the console between the drivers seat and the passengers seat. It’s hard for me to believe that the items on that console such as the key, pills, sunglasses, and the white card like thing would still be sitting there if there had been a struggle. It’s also hard for me to believe that the poi would stage it like that too. I think it’s like that because Jennifer left it like that and there wasn’t a struggle in the car. I think the poi just moved the car.
But, why would the abductor take the car if Jennifer wasn't in it? If she was the target, it wouldn't make any sense to take the car if that was the case. I have always felt the abduction occurred in the morning of the 24th. I believe she got to her car to go to work when MORE THAN 1 ABDUCTOR ambushed her, forced her in her car and left the parking lot with her inside. The observed swerving may very well have been the abductors, including the driver struggling with her. I can see her kicking and fighting from the onset. One of the abductors could have knocked her unconscious to stop her from resisting. That would explain no swerving, etc. as they proceeded to where they took her. I have always felt that whatever they did to her was completed before the car was returned to where it was found. MOO.

But, why would the abductor take the car if Jennifer wasn't in it? If she was the target, it wouldn't make any sense to take the car if that was the case. I have always felt the abduction occurred in the morning of the 24th. I believe she got to her car to go to work when MORE THAN 1 ABDUCTOR ambushed her, forced her in her car and left the parking lot with her inside. The observed swerving may very well have been the abductors, including the driver struggling with her. I can see her kicking and fighting from the onset. One of the abductors could have knocked her unconscious to stop her from resisting. That would explain no swerving, etc. as they proceeded to where they took her. I have always felt that whatever they did to her was completed before the car was returned to where it was found. MOO.
I definitely agree whatever happened, happened before the car was dropped off. It’s my theory that she left the Mosaic on her own accord Monday night to meet up with someone she trusted and was ambushed outside her vehicle once she got to wherever she was going. I think the car drop off was not planned for 12:00 on 1/24. I think the perp got a heads up about her family being on their way and that is what triggered the car drop off at this particular time. I think the car was moved because it was parked in a location that pointed to the perp. I also don’t think the poi is the perp.

I feel like the situation you’re explaining would have left more dna evidence and the car would have required a thorough cleaning. Before this most recent show they’ve always described the car as wiped down instead of cleaned. Now it doesn’t seem as if it was wiped down as thoroughly as we were led to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member