FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I wanted to highlight the above. I think that is very important to consider.

If we're all approaching the motive for Jennifer's disappearance as SA, we could all be missing the big picture.
I don’t think it’s a SA. I mean anything is possible, but it’s so statistically unlikely.

Does anyone know if any of the people from Jennifers workplace made any public comment on her disappearance? Especially anyone who was in close contact with on a daily basis. It must have come as a shock.
Is it possible they were advised not to offer any opinion.
I would expect if a fellow employee vanished without trace the office would be alive with gossip and theories not to mention concern for one's own safety.
I've been nattering about this for years. Someone told me recently that they were all asked not to talk. Which makes me all the more suspicious. One would think some of those employee's would have been right out there with the Kesse's handing out flyers on the street corners. One of them brought the Kesse's over a pizza the 1st night of Jennifer's disappearance but was sent away as the Kesse's were busy with the OPD. What happened to her? Did she go away and never come back?

Seriously, I have heard that some of them have given "private" interviews to podcasts but won't speak publically. I have no idea why and have never heard any of the private podcasts.

Maybe he wasn’t all in. I think it is equally likely that she set whatever events in motion as there was a perpetrator.
Well, maybe he wasn't exactly all in. We know they were undertaking some discussion. Most people wouldn't run away from everything they love and care about over that, though. It hurts. We're sad. But we move on. Jennifer had plenty of offers. And they weren't bottom of the barrel either. She was very successful at her job, too.

I might find her family a little on the "tight-knit" side but Jenifer loved all of them very much.

Jennifer had a recurring nightmare her whole life about going missing and no one being able to find her.

I don’t think it’s a SA. I mean anything is possible, but it’s so statistically unlikely.
Statistically unlikely? That surprises me.

I don't think she was trafficked for that reason, but I always thought sexual crimes could occur at any age. Some perpetrators aren't that choosy because it's really about violence and power/control over the victim.

Well, maybe he wasn't exactly all in. We know they were undertaking some discussion. Most people wouldn't run away from everything they love and care about over that, though. It hurts. We're sad. But we move on. Jennifer had plenty of offers. And they weren't bottom of the barrel either. She was very successful at her job, too.

I might find her family a little on the "tight-knit" side but Jenifer loved all of them very much.

Jennifer had a recurring nightmare her whole life about going missing and no one being able to find her.
I’m not really disagreeing with anyone on here because obviously I’m just an armchair sleuth and I do not have access to anything . But what I do know is that Jennifer obviously wasn’t stupid. She was accomplished in her own right and starting a professional track career. She was making moves.

I just see an “aura” in the threads and media pieces that seems myopic to me. This woman was smoking hot from what I see, obviously intelligent both academically and socially, had an independent streak, and loved her family, puppies, kittens, refugee children. Like seriously beauty queen god tier.

I get this vibe people around her and even people on here have sort of filed her under this naive, wearing her heart on her sleeve, being generous to a fault, like “you don’t know your beautiful” girl next door.

I just don’t think it has to be that way. I’m not implying she was bad in anyway but keeping that crap up must be exhausting. Then say she was hoping her man was going to bust out that ice and propose, he disappoints or flakes out.

She didn’t need these people around her is what I’m saying could be a possibility. That girl could make it anywhere. She had her stuff together I think.

Well, depending on the identity of the POI it may not be a weakness at all.

IIRC, 5000 people were employed there. Probably a high number were male. We come in all shapes and sizes.

If you've settled on one of the Chino's as being the POI, perhaps he would have been paid to ditch Jennifer's vehicle and ask no questions.

We don't really know much about anyone's background, but if any of them are nasty enough to commit murder it wouldn't be a surprise that they know people that could help them out. For a price.

Something like that could fit.
I’ve often thought someone in that office found out the Kesse’s were on their way and panicked because they hadn’t ditched the car yet. They could have made a call and got someone to do it.

Here are a few things from my notes regarding an accomplice:
-Shannon Butler (WFTV reporter) was told by police that they thought more than 1 person involved (Up & Vanished)
-KE (Jennifer’s sorority sister and one time roommate) thinks poi is family member of perp (HOBD 8)
-Rich Ring (OPD)- hard for someone to get away with this themselves. Someone probably got caught up in it (HOBD 6)

There is probably more but that’s what I picked up on glancing over them.

I’m not really disagreeing with anyone on here because obviously I’m just an armchair sleuth and I do not have access to anything . But what I do know is that Jennifer obviously wasn’t stupid. She was accomplished in her own right and starting a professional track career. She was making moves.

I just see an “aura” in the threads and media pieces that seems myopic to me. This woman was smoking hot from what I see, obviously intelligent both academically and socially, had an independent streak, and loved her family, puppies, kittens, refugee children. Like seriously beauty queen god tier.

I get this vibe people around her and even people on here have sort of filed her under this naive, wearing her heart on her sleeve, being generous to a fault, like “you don’t know your beautiful” girl next door.

I just don’t think it has to be that way. I’m not implying she was bad in anyway but keeping that crap up must be exhausting. Then say she was hoping her man was going to bust out that ice and propose, he disappoints or flakes out.

She didn’t need these people around her is what I’m saying could be a possibility. That girl could make it anywhere. She had her stuff together I think.
You are right, here. I don't disagree, but Jennifer didn't disappear of her own volition.

That's the outrage behind this case.

Everyone wants a daughter like Jennifer. Women want to be Jennifer. Guys want women like Jennifer to be their wives. She had her whole life ahead of her that she could shape any way she wanted.

This story is not going to have a happy ending. Jennifer is not living her best life in a faraway place.

I don't think that's myopic. I think it's the truth.

Her soul is out there crying to be found and I think we would be naive to not believe she has departed from life.

She can't come home herself. We need to find her.

You are right, here. I don't disagree, but Jennifer didn't disappear of her own volition.

That's the outrage behind this case.

Everyone wants a daughter like Jennifer. Women want to be Jennifer. Guys want women like Jennifer to be their wives. She had her whole life ahead of her that she could shape any way she wanted.

This story is not going to have a happy ending. Jennifer is not living her best life in a faraway place.

I don't think that's myopic. I think it's the truth.

Her soul is out there crying to be found and I think we would be naive to not believe she has departed from life.

She can't come home herself. We need to find her.
I think you are right about it not her disappearing on her own volition. I’m more saying that there could be a lot more than meets the eye in terms of things or social connections she may have been able to successfully hide from her support circle.

Like there could be another side that she compartmentalized or wanted to become reality that ended up not being good . That’s all.

What statistics are you referring to wen you say that it's statistically unlikely to be a sexual assault? Based on the cases I've followed that were eventually solved, most abductions of females are sexually motivated.

What statistics are you referring to wen you say that it's statistically unlikely to be a sexual assault? Based on the cases I've followed that were eventually solved, most abductions of females are sexually motivated.
For some reason I thought the acronym meant stranger abduction.

For some reason I thought the acronym meant stranger abduction.
OK. I guess it could mean either. Stranger abductions might be rare, but this case seems to elements of a stranger abduction: Jennifer was likely abducted outdoors (near her car); she was not going through a divorce, break-up, or child custody dispute; and checking out people close to her did not reveal a clear prime suspect.

I’ve often thought someone in that office found out the Kesse’s were on their way and panicked because they hadn’t ditched the car yet. They could have made a call and got someone to do it.

Here are a few things from my notes regarding an accomplice:
-Shannon Butler (WFTV reporter) was told by police that they thought more than 1 person involved (Up & Vanished)
-KE (Jennifer’s sorority sister and one time roommate) thinks poi is family member of perp (HOBD 8)
-Rich Ring (OPD)- hard for someone to get away with this themselves. Someone probably got caught up in it (HOBD 6)

There is probably more but that’s what I picked up on glancing over them.
Found the statement from the family about the poi not being the perp:

It’s on the guestbook. Drew wrote, “Do I think the poi is the actual perp-no!”
Comment was written on 1/29/2010 responding to a post made on 1/28/2010.

OK. I guess it could mean either. Stranger abductions might be rare, but this case seems to elements of a stranger abduction: Jennifer was likely abducted outdoors (near her car); she was not going through a divorce, break-up, or child custody dispute; and checking out people close to her did not reveal a clear prime suspect.
The only person close to her that was cleared was her current boyfriend. Start close and work your way out. I hope the fdle is willing and able to do that.

I've been nattering about this for years. Someone told me recently that they were all asked not to talk. Which makes me all the more suspicious. One would think some of those employee's would have been right out there with the Kesse's handing out flyers on the street corners. One of them brought the Kesse's over a pizza the 1st night of Jennifer's disappearance but was sent away as the Kesse's were busy with the OPD. What happened to her? Did she go away and never come back?

Seriously, I have heard that some of them have given "private" interviews to podcasts but won't speak publically. I have no idea why and have never heard any of the private podcasts.
There were rumors in thread 2 and 4 way back in the day.
Part 3 of the Greta special is interesting. So is Disappeared Girl Interrupted, Unconcluded 11, 31, and 49.
It is interesting that we have never heard from any of her girlfriends at work. Surely she had a few. She seemed to bond with women easily.

The only person close to her that was cleared was her current boyfriend. Start close and work your way out. I hope the fdle is willing and able to do that.
I think that they did that. The infatuated co-worker and the ex-boyfriend from the bar were the only ones who stood out as people who needed to be checked out further. Neither has been completely cleared so far as I know, but apparently neither could be linked to the crime.
If not a stranger, it could be that the perp was someone with a very tenuous link to Jennifer, such as a creepy neighbor or maintenance worker whose eye Jennifer caught—maybe someone she had seen or said hello to but someone whose name she didn't even know.
Stranger abductions do occur, so the perp could have been a complete stranger. However, the parking of the vehicle at the other apartment complex makes it seem like someone wanted to draw attention away from Jennifer's complex, which suggests that it could have been someone connected to Jennifer's complex, not necessarily to Jennifer.
It is interesting that we have never heard from any of her girlfriends at work. Surely she had a few. She seemed to bond with women easily.
Snipped/UBM

Upon what are you basing that assertion?

I think that they did that. The infatuated co-worker and the ex-boyfriend from the bar were the only ones who stood out as people who needed to be checked out further. Neither has been completely cleared so far as I know, but apparently neither could be linked to the crime.
If not a stranger, it could be that the perp was someone with a very tenuous link to Jennifer, such as a creepy neighbor or maintenance worker whose eye Jennifer caught—maybe someone she had seen or said hello to but someone whose name she didn't even know.
Stranger abductions do occur, so the perp could have been a complete stranger. However, the parking of the vehicle at the other apartment complex makes it seem like someone wanted to draw attention away from Jennifer's complex, which suggests that it could have been someone connected to Jennifer's complex, not necessarily to Jennifer.

Snipped/UBM

Upon what are you basing that assertion?
All we know is no one has been charged with the crime. We don’t know what the police have. The Kesse’s don’t know everything either. The police said that 5% of the information was withheld to protect the investigation. It is hard to bring a case without a body.

As far as the car goes, if the intent was to divert attention from Mosaic that didn’t work. The poi could have moved the car because he needed to get back to the area. The car could have been moved to divert attention from wherever it was parked. The car was most likely moved at least twice after Jennifer got home Monday night.

As far as assuming she bonded with women easily I base that off listening to her childhood best friend and her sorority sisters. I base it off seeing her pictures. I base it off her friends reaction when she disappeared. There were several that dropped what they were doing to pass out fliers. I base it off the fact that she chose to join a sorority and seemingly flourished in that environment. I base it off my own experience with Greek life.

As far as the car goes, if the intent was to divert attention from Mosaic that didn’t work. The poi could have moved the car because he needed to get back to the area. The car could have been moved to divert attention from wherever it was parked. The car was most likely moved at least twice after Jennifer got home Monday night.
UBM Those scenarios are both possible.

We still don't know whether Jennifer was abducted at night or in the morning.

Did they ever figure out what clothes Jennifer was wearing when she was abducted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa