FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
What comes through for me when Jennifer's cell phone pings are discussed is they seem to look at one ping from one tower, then they look at the next ping from the next tower, and so on. I believe there were 8 or ten pings starting around 10:00 pm, IIRC.

Each individual tower has probably around a 20-mile radius. Jennifer's vehicle could have been anywhere in that radius. Then, if you move to another tower where another ping originated, again Jennifer's vehicle could have been anywhere in that radius.

What they can do, however, is triangulate those pings and it gives a much more accurate location. Most of those towers, especially in huge cities like Orlando, have sub-towers. Jennifer's phone could have pinged two or three sub-towers contained in the same tower. When they triangulate they can tell within a mile or so where the cell phone is. It's solid--not as good as GPS tracking but still good.

Apparently, there was a tower down in her area that night. That should not have been a problem because the phone company can tell exactly what tower went down, then know exactly when that tower went down, and they know the tower those calls would have been routed to. It's easy for them. They have to accurately keep track of that stuff for billing purposes.

And another important thing about that last ping--they said it was both phones. Suddenly they both pinged off the same tower and never made a sound again. Law enforcement or even the Kesses have never officially released that location. There are rumors but they could be incorrect.
If both phones did indeed go silent at the same time that just cements it more in my mind that is when she was in trouble. Hopefully the cell phone data is revisited because that should be one of the most important clues.

I’ve heard two rumors about the last ping location. One was idrive/world center. The other is turkey lake/sand lake. I’m not sure if either are correct but they both can’t be.

I still think it was a morning abduction. Jennifer had a drive of almost 3 and half hours to get back to Orlando then worked all day.
Then she spent a long time talking on the phone to various people.
Twenty four year olds still get tired. That's why they sleep just like the rest of us.

Lots of intriguing information on her car here. It would be nice to read the full forensics report.

Gosh, you have another one I haven't seen. Thank you for posting.
Apparently there was a big p for processed painted on her windshield. They were talking about it in thread 5 so that sent me on a mission to find it. I couldn’t find that pic but I did find that video. I went overboard on the screenshots. There is some mention about her sunshade being gone too.

starts at around post 149 of thread 5 if you’re interested

Yes, it's interesting. They probably do it for exactly the same reason we do it--to get a better definition. Not sure, though.

I didn't realize the photo was available since 2008. Huh, not even that was new info. I do not know why I'm surprised.

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna watch it again. I'm sure I must have seen it before. Probably more than once, but I didn't catch the new images of the vehicle.

(I didn't see your newest comments when I was nattering away earlier. Sorry. It makes more sense now).
Right, we’ve had the boot print and the struggle marks for years. No one noticed until we were told to see them. Both could be big nothingburgers anyways.

I still think it was a morning abduction. Jennifer had a drive of almost 3 and half hours to get back to Orlando then worked all day.
Twenty four year olds still get tired. That's why they sleep just like the rest of us.

Lots of intriguing information on her car here. It would be nice to read the full forensics report.
She had gotten up early, but I feel like if she would have gotten home at 11 or 12 Monday night she still would have been able to get 6-7 hours of sleep. We don’t know how much sleep Jennifer required to function. I only require about 5-6 hours, but everyone is different.

I would think she took it on vacation but maybe not since she was with her boyfriend. It may have just been left in the car. Perhaps the perp took and destroyed it too because he thought they may be able to track it. Maybe it was in the overnight bag or purse and not found until years later. Maybe it was in the briefcase. I’m not sure how often she used it. I don’t recall much discussion revolving around the missing iPod. Just that it’s missing and those smarter than me, know the serial number is incorrect on the fbi poster.
Yep. So many maybes and they all have the potential to be correct.

Its disappearance never seemed to warrant much discussion. It strikes me as a little bit odd when I think that 2 cell phones and 1 iPod are missing in a case where little else is missing.

Yet the DVD player was left strapped into the back seat exactly as Rob placed it.

If both phones did indeed go silent at the same time that just cements it more in my mind that is when she was in trouble. Hopefully the cell phone data is revisited because that should be one of the most important clues.

I’ve heard two rumors about the last ping location. One was idrive/world center. The other is turkey lake/sand lake. I’m not sure if either are correct but they both can’t be.
Yes. I find the Turkey Lake Road area interesting.

I think they did more than one search around that area. At one point Vineland Ave. meets it--another area that was searched.

The people, too, who live or have an interest of some sort around those areas are recurring players in Jennifer's case as well.

One of the painters lived in that neighborhood and an old ex may have owned a timeshare in that vicinity.

Then there are those strange connections to Windermere. Apparently, Jennifer liked to go there for ice cream or sometimes to shop for groceries. My understanding is that is a really ritzy, moneyed place. It surprises me that Jennifer--this thrifty young woman who often took her lunch to work in Tupperware--liked to hang out there. Good for her, though, if she had dreams that big.

And then that rumor that her mace holder was found on Jennifer Lane a considerable while after her disappearance. (Or maybe the small can of mace was in the holder, I'm not sure now).

This case really has a creep element to it sometimes. Maybe because it's been unsolved for so long.

On Google maps, it looks like there are a lot of lakes or at least bodies of water in that general area. Are they sizeable lakes that would have a boat ramp or anything like that? I'm pretty sure divers did go in some of them.

I‘m not sure if you could play music in your car with an iPod in 2006. You may have just been able to listen with ear buds. She may have used it when working out.

(SBM) in 2006, I remember, I had a tape deck adapter with an aux cord which I would plug in and could play music from an iPod or other device.

Speaking of which. FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13 Is that a car charger for her cell phone?

True. Jennifer got to her condo around 6:30 pm. That gives her three hours before she made her final call to Rob at approximately 9:30 pm.

We know she talked to Lauren and Travis. Lauren for almost 2 hours and Travis for maybe 15 or 20 minutes.

That leaves Jennifer with about half an hour unaccounted for. There may have been other calls she dealt with that we don't know about. We know she didn't unpack her luggage because that was found in the condo foyer.

I'd like to think she ate because twenty-four-year-olds need to eat. But there was no sign of that. In fact, they would lead us to believe there was no sign of anything.

Moving on, we know that she initiated a call to Rob around 9:30 pm from her cell phone which was unusual. They talked until 9:57 pm. After that call, Jennifer was never seen or heard from again.

So, I guess she slept all night, got up and got ready for work, still didn't eat anything, and left her condo.

Shortly after she locked and left her condo but before she made it to her vehicle, someone must have grabbed her but not a sound was heard. Not so much as an earring was found of Jennifer's to suggest there was a struggle.

Try as I might, I can't make sense of that. I know it's "the" common theory. A lot of people support it. I believe that's why there are no leads or anything to pursue. I think we're missing something.

There are missing pieces somewhere. I hope. For Jennifer.

Last edited:
Apparently there was a big p for processed painted on her windshield. They were talking about it in thread 5 so that sent me on a mission to find it. I couldn’t find that pic but I did find that video. I went overboard on the screenshots. There is some mention about her sunshade being gone too.

starts at around post 149 of thread 5 if you’re interested
Okay. Now you've got me curious. I don't remember that. I'll add the link in case anyone else wants to take a look:

Right, we’ve had the boot print and the struggle marks for years. No one noticed until we were told to see them. Both could be big nothingburgers anyways.
Most likely they really are nothing burgers. The car was parked at HOTG for a day and a half before it was discovered and towed. During that time frame, a child could have tried to climb up on it or someone could have fallen on it at night or even been pushed on it.

And the slight/partial boot print? After 17 years, I don't think they will find a boot to match if they ever could. However, the suspect in the Delphi case apparently kept his jacket for 5 years--so I guess we can never say for sure, huh?

Sometimes I think I should laugh, but thinking of Jennifer makes me stop. It's so sad. What really happened to her?

Based on the evidence available to me, I think she got out of her car when it was running or left the keys in it.
I can see this. Can you think of any good scenarios as examples? I'm wondering if consideration has been given to the am or the pm?

Yes. I find the Turkey Lake Road area interesting.

I think they did more than one search around that area. At one point Vineland Ave. meets it--another area that was searched.

The people, too, who live or have an interest of some sort around those areas are recurring players in Jennifer's case as well.

One of the painters lived in that neighborhood and an old ex may have owned a timeshare in that vicinity.

Then there are those strange connections to Windermere. Apparently, Jennifer liked to go there for ice cream or sometimes to shop for groceries. My understanding is that is a really ritzy, moneyed place. It surprises me that Jennifer--this thrifty young woman who often took her lunch to work in Tupperware--liked to hang out there. Good for her, though, if she had dreams that big.

And then that rumor that her mace holder was found on Jennifer Lane a considerable while after her disappearance. (Or maybe the small can of mace was in the holder, I'm not sure now).

This case really has a creep element to it sometimes. Maybe because it's been unsolved for so long.

On Google maps, it looks like there are a lot of lakes or at least bodies of water in that general area. Are they sizeable lakes that would have a boat ramp or anything like that? I'm pretty sure divers did go in some of them.
I find Vineland over to Orange Blossom very interesting. I also find the Lake Ellenor area interesting.
I’ve wondered if the keys were planted years later to send a message to someone. Keys were definitely found there. I don’t think they can determine if they’re Jennifer’s. I‘ve never understood why.
On google earth there are some docks with boats on some of the lakes. Those would have boat ramps.

Attachments

• DF83F64D-558D-424C-B04C-A04EBBE75165.jpeg
    DF83F64D-558D-424C-B04C-A04EBBE75165.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I can see this. Can you think of any good scenarios as examples? I'm wondering if consideration has been given to the am or the pm?
Lured out by an attacker, going to harm herself, seeing something to stop the car and look at and an accident happened.

With the simultaneous cell cut off I’m thinking water. An attacker lured her out of the car killed her and tossed her in water went back to the car, she decided to jump off a bridge or something and left the vehicle unsecured, she thought she saw something got out of the car and died from some accident

(SBM) in 2006, I remember, I had a tape deck adapter with an aux cord which I would plug in and could play music from an iPod or other device.

Speaking of which. FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13 Is that a car charger for her cell phone?
Yes she had a charger for her car and that’s what you see in the photo. It was found in the console like that. That pic is the way the car was found according to the police.

Some people believe whatever happened took place in the Windermere area. To put it another way, that's where it ended. IDK whether this is true or not.

Lured out by an attacker, going to harm herself, seeing something to stop the car and look at and an accident happened.

With the simultaneous cell cut off I’m thinking water. An attacker lured her out of the car killed her and tossed her in water went back to the car, she decided to jump off a bridge or something and left the vehicle unsecured, she thought she saw something got out of the car and died from some accident
I can possibly see "lured out by an attacker".

Jennifer was mentally stable and physically healthy. She was also very smart.

She was careful about what situations she placed herself into.

No one is perfect but I'm certain she didn't jump off a bridge or get out of her vehicle in the middle of moving traffic.

Not Jennifer. This young woman reached for the stars as her father taught her. They were within her grasp, too.

Jennifer should be alive today. She didn't take as many risks as most people take. I look at myself in the mirror sometimes and say how did I make it through and not someone like Jennifer Kesse?

It's unfathomable how anything could have happened to her. She was the least likely person who would be expected to end up as a victim. But yet it happened somehow.

Last edited:
I can possibly see "lured out by an attacker".

Jennifer was mentally stable and physically healthy. She was also very smart.

She was careful about what situations she placed herself into.

No one is perfect but I'm certain she didn't jump off a bridge or get out of her vehicle in the middle of moving traffic.

Not Jennifer. This young woman reached for the stars as her father taught her. They were within her grasp, too.

Jennifer should be alive today. She didn't take as many risks as most people take. I look at myself in the mirror sometimes and say how did I make it through and not someone like Jennifer Kesse?

It's unfathomable how anything could have happened to her. She was the least likely person who would be expected to end up as a victim. But yet it happened somehow.
What people look like to an outside observer means nothing in terms of whether or not they consider suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher