FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any other missing person case , if the victims ex boyfriend was drinking nearby , you would probably put money on them yes ?

I have swithered over this for years tbh.Always thought (if true) that the fact the ex was still very interested in getting back with her but married someone else a matter of months after she vanished was unusual.

In any other missing person case , if the victims ex boyfriend was drinking nearby , you would probably put money on them yes ?

I have swithered over this for years tbh.Always thought (if true) that the fact the ex was still very interested in getting back with her but married someone else a matter of months after she vanished was unusual.
I think the only two people ever considered suspects were Rob and a person who went by the nickname "Chino".

All the others got a free pass.

Is it correct or not the same ex who as drinking nearby was also in her condo the weekend Jennifer was away with Rob?

Someone, somewhere has all the answers. He may as well be the invisible man.

Yep, start close then work your way out.
The little field trip, that was discussed on unconcluded, that the coworkers took is interesting too. Especially when taking into consideration where her car was found and the fact the poi was last seen headed south.

Yep, start close then work your way out.
The little field trip, that was discussed on unconcluded, that the coworkers took is interesting too. Especially when taking into consideration where her car was found and the fact the poi was last seen headed south.
Just want to make sure I'm following--is this the Lake Ellenor area?

No hurry to reply. Or not. :)

EDA: If I'm on the wrong track, I'm not fishing for a link. Just a word or anything you can come up with quickly. I'll find it.

Last edited:
Ok, so I have been wondering something.

In many cases of identity theft weirdos, Florida commonly comes up.

Kimberly Kessler being one of them in particular (but I swear reading/hearing Joseph Newton Chandler and Lori Ruff were both in Florida at some point but I may be wrong)

Anyways, could Jennifer Keese been a victim of someone seeking to steal her identity, but became WAY too popular as a missing person for them to pursue?

I've followed this case for at least 10 years but there are details I've either forgotten or am somewhat fuzzy about. For one, does anyone remember hearing about whether or not LE searched the vacant condo's? Maybe the actual crime scene was in one of those. Even if LE did search the others I wonder how detailed such searches might have been. IOW, if nothing stands out then forensics is not called in.

This entire crime might have taken less than 30-45 minutes between abduction and her murder if it occurs on site. Then if more than one is involved, at least one person removes the body, say, rolled up in carpet, to a van to an offsite location while the other follows in her car. After the body, clothing, briefcase, purse, etc., are hidden, one drops off the car and the other returns to the condos to clean the scene. Her brother, Logan, may have actually seen or even spoken to a killer.

I really don't believe they have to look much farther than the complex to find the guilty party. I do find one conflicting set of information from LE. They identified the workers and tried to verify whereabouts. Yet they didn't speak to Chino until two years later because they couldn't find him?

It's interesting that Jennifer had a panic alarm installed in her apartment - do you think that was because of the creepy builders working long-term at the condos?
Or did she have some other reason in her private life?

Interesting to note, that the panic alarm was installed on her bedroom. I'm not implying anything, but I do think it's an interesting choice of location.

I've followed this case for at least 10 years but there are details I've either forgotten or am somewhat fuzzy about. For one, does anyone remember hearing about whether or not LE searched the vacant condo's? Maybe the actual crime scene was in one of those. Even if LE did search the others I wonder how detailed such searches might have been. IOW, if nothing stands out then forensics is not called in.

This entire crime might have taken less than 30-45 minutes between abduction and her murder if it occurs on site. Then if more than one is involved, at least one person removes the body, say, rolled up in carpet, to a van to an offsite location while the other follows in her car. After the body, clothing, briefcase, purse, etc., are hidden, one drops off the car and the other returns to the condos to clean the scene. Her brother, Logan, may have actually seen or even spoken to a killer.

I really don't believe they have to look much farther than the complex to find the guilty party. I do find one conflicting set of information from LE. They identified the workers and tried to verify whereabouts. Yet they didn't speak to Chino until two years later because they couldn't find him?
I think we need to focus on what makes sense. There aren’t many condos that logistically make sense as being the crime scene. There were 14 on her side of the building that were accessible if she was grabbed in the walk thru. There were 4 other condos on her floor (second floor), 5 on the third floor, and 4 on the first level. Logan and Travis were able to enter the one across the hall on that Tuesday and search it. Dogs were brought into the vacant condos by police and searched. We know the occupied condos were only searched with permission by the resident.

If the workers did decided to do this while on the clock it wasn’t noticed by their supervisor. Surely their lack of productivity would have stood out. Also it wasn’t noticed by the gardeners or any of the residents.

It's interesting that Jennifer had a panic alarm installed in her apartment - do you think that was because of the creepy builders working long-term at the condos?

Interesting to note, that the panic alarm was installed on her bedroom. I'm not implying anything, but I do think it's an interesting choice of location.
Well, there's another detail I either had not heard or had forgotten about. I wonder if that was strictly a panic alarm or a feature of a security alarm.

That is weird because it’s not normal to have a rape button by your bed. I don’t know anyone that has one. I know that businesses sometimes have this type of panic button where they can discretely notify the police if they have an issue.
Its also interesting that Jennifer had the rape button installed but didn’t get the code to her alarm or set the alarm (details are murky about whether or not she could set it) or change her locks.

Well, there's another detail I either had not heard or had forgotten about. I wonder if that was strictly a panic alarm or a feature of a security alarm.
I’ve seen pics of the condos listing on real estate sites. I don’t see this button anymore so someone must have removed it. I’ve always thought it was separate from the security system her condo came with.

I think we need to focus on what makes sense. There aren’t many condos that logistically make sense as being the crime scene. There were 14 on her side of the building that were accessible if she was grabbed in the walk thru. There were 4 other condos on her floor (second floor), 5 on the third floor, and 4 on the first level. Logan and Travis were able to enter the one across the hall on that Tuesday and search it. Dogs were brought into the vacant condos by police and searched. We know the occupied condos were only searched with permission by the resident.

If the workers did decided to do this while on the clock it wasn’t noticed by their supervisor. Surely their lack of productivity would have stood out. Also it wasn’t noticed by the gardeners or any of the residents.
OK, there's something I don't recall hearing and it is why I asked the question about LE's search of the condos. So it wasn't just a visual search, but one with dogs. This is first I can recall about dogs used in all the vacant condos or even Logan searching one nearby.

Reactions: IDK
There was no security system in Jennifer's condo when she purchased it. The panic button was behind her bed, but there was no attempt to activate it on the evening of the 23rd.

There was no security system in Jennifer's condo when she purchased it. The panic button was behind her bed, but there was no attempt to activate it on the evening of the 23rd.
Are you saying you’ve heard them say she didn’t have a security system with a panel at all in the condo?
I have in my notes that Joyce stated she didn’t have a code for the security system (Unconcluded 6, sorry didn’t write down time stamp).

Are you saying you’ve heard them say she didn’t have a security system with a panel at all in the condo?
I have in my notes that Joyce stated she didn’t have a code for the security system (Unconcluded 6, sorry didn’t write down time stamp).
Yes. Try Unconcluded 11. Sorry, didn't write down timestamps for the following:

There was no working security system in Jennifer's condo. It did have an alarm panel, but she didn't have a code or the ability to arm and disarm it. (It wasn't hooked up). There was a panic cord next to her bed which would call or notify 911 in an emergency. It was not pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa