FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myserty64 said:
If this was my daughter I would be very disappointed not to mention very angry.

Right from the start this has been a very weak effort by both LE and the media.
Does anyone care?
Is the life of a good young woman worth nothing?
If this is all a life is worth in Orlando it isn't the kind of place I would want to live.

I agree Myserty.

13th Juror, thanks again as your reporting is about all I ever hear anymore.

I did notice Nancy Grace showed a very short clip of the Kesses standng on a street corner handing out fliers. That was about all she mentioned too, then on to the next story.

My heart is breaking too.

This is an excerpt copied from the *Kesse owned website* - JenniferKesse.Com.

As recently as this past Tuesday (March 21st) - Jenn's father, Drew Kesse, is continuing to verbalize his support for and faith in the OPD detectives involved in investigating the disappearance of his daughter.

Even though, we - the public, are not hearing through the media of any specific and desired progress being made - I have to believe that LE is still investigating the tips & info they do have and are judiciously keeping 'whatever info' close to the chest.

Drew's words lead me to believe that LE, the 2 lead detectives, are keeping in contact with the Kesses and offering their support.

13th Juror

"8 Weeks Have Passed, the Kesse Family Continues to Seek Help in Finding Jennifer"

Orlando, FL, March 21, 2006-

Jennifer Kesse, age 24, has been missing since January 24, 2006, when she failed to show up for work at Central Florida Investments in Ocoee, Florida.

The Kesse family and friends supported by thousands of people across country continue their efforts to find those critically important clues.

"The person of interest who was in the parking lot when our daughters car was driven to Huntington on the Green can help us bring our daughter home safely", Joyce Kesse, Jennifer's mother said, "We don't understand why this person or someone that knows this person has not come forward".

"Every parent knows the feeling of missing their child, even if it is only for a few seconds in the department store, a park or playground, it's a gut-wrenching feeling you never forget", Joyce continued, "Now imagine that nauseating feeling lasting 5 Million seconds".

Jennifer's father Drew expressed his thanks to all of the law enforcement agencies that have been involved with the case.

"We have been extremely impressed with the caring and concern of the two lead detectives working with us, they are committed to bringing Jennifer home".

"The local media, as well as, a number of national programs have been extremely supportive and we have come to count as friends many who have offered their assistance to us on their own time."

The Kesse Family recently sponsored a Child Identification program in conjunction with Child Watch of North America, the event was held at the Winn Dixie on Americana Boulevard and was a great success by providing identification cards for nearly 300 children.

"We wanted to offer our thanks to the community and offering assistance to other parents to protect their children seemed most appropriate" said Joyce, "we hope we touched parents in a way that makes them more aware of the need to talk to their kids and develop family safety rules".

Last weekend, at the same Winn Dixie, the Kesse family sponsored a Health Screening event geared toward adults.

Joyce Kesse, who is also a Registered Nurse, arranged for the Moffitt Cancer Center, Florida's Blood Centers, American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association and the WIC program to set up tables offering a variety of early identification, illness prevention and general information. Free blood pressure checks were available to everyone.

The Blood Bank sent a mobile unit to accept blood donations and the Orange County Fire Department Station 51 sent a truck and gave tours for kids and discussed fire safety and prevention tips for parents.

JAMZ 102FM provided music and prizes. In addition, drinks, snacks, health related and other items were provided by Tropicana, Frito-Lay, Coca-Cola, Walgreens, and Option Care.

The family continues its efforts by working with community organizations and churches to reach out by making themselves available to anyone who wants to talk or provide information that will assist them in finding their daughter.

A private Post office box has been set up. Information can be mailed anonymously to

Jennifer Kesse Tips
5389 S. Kirkman Road
Box 103 - 125
Orlando, FL 32819

(A local phone number to reach the Kesses is also posted on their site.)

13th Juror said:

Good morning Websleuthers :)

I've copied a post written by 'Christopher Marlowe' from *worst case scenarios* on another forum to post here on our discussion thread. Regular readers of the Jennifer Kesse threads here on WS will most likely remember Marlowe's previous posts.

Additionally - at the bottom of the page of the above link - there is a "reposting" by OrlandoMom of "today's response post" from Christopher Marlowe. To read - scroll to bottom of page 1. (link above)

Warning ...
If you are offended by this poster's opinion that Jennifer was indeed murdered by her assailant - you may wish to skip reading this post of his theory on how this abduction happened. It is his opinion - and you are welcome to agree, disagree or simply discuss the post. I found it most interesting and worth posting here for discussion.

(I should add that - additional "spacing breaks" in Marlowe's post were inserted by me to facilitate making this long post a bit easier to read.)

13th Juror

To get things going over here, I'll throw in my response to a poster asking Marlowe about some finer points. If you want, the url is http://www.flfiesta.com/forum/

crypto6
Joined: 02 Mar 2006Posts: 9 Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:48 am Post subject: Re: Response to the Poster xxxx

Christopher Marlowe wrote:
Following are my responses to five points made by the poster xxxx: Christopher Marlowe

From xxxx: I think that Jenn was stalked by this person and he knew her routine. I don't think it was a worker, though. I do think that it is the poi. From the picture of him, it looks like his pant leg is secured the way some people do when riding a bike. I don't think he had a vehicle of his own. I think he waited for Jenn to come down the stairs and forced her at gunpoint into her own car. He then had her drive to a predetermined location and did God knows what. He drove her car to HOTG and walked back to her condo where he hid a bicycle. From her condo, he could have ridden his bike back in the same direction that he left the car and that's why the dogs didn't pick up a new scent. My feeling is that he can be holding her in an apt somewhere, or she is no longer alive. If she is no longer alive, I don't think he killed her right away. I too, feel that he lives in the area and is very familiar with places that are not heavily traveled.

To xxxx:

1. The bicycle is an interesting theory.

2. I too feel that the planning revealsa meticulous stalker (or one very lucky opportunistic criminal). The temporal relationship to the vacation smacks of: "You were with him, now you're mine, and on your first day back to boot." She may be alive, if the stalker is obsessed with having her.

Crypto6 edited for clarity.

Last edited by crypto6 on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mygirlsadie said:
A friend of mine just spent 2 weeks in Orlando with her hubby and kids and she said she didnt hear or see one thing about Jennifer Kesse the whole 2 weeks she was there. No missing posters, no news reports, nothing.. I assumed everyone in the whole area would of known about this by now but I think I assumed wrong and the searchers and LE need to start back up again and realize they left alot of stones unturned. I feel so sorry for her family. I can't imagine not knowing and obviously knowing she won't be coming home alive at least let them have a proper burial for her..It's terrible.

I recently moved to Orlando and can assure you, Jennifer's picture is everywhere! I don't live too far from the area where she disappeared from, but even in farther out areas, I see here flyer and billboards everywhere.

I pray that Jennifer is found alive, but it seems less likely as time goes on. IMO, the mail problem around here is there are just too many places to place a body. I agree they do need to continue the searches, expand the search area and bring her home.

On another note, I noticed the estimated time of Jennifer's disappearance, as well as the time the POI was caught on tape. I have to wonder if they have considered that the perp could possibly be a student at one of the local schools. Perhaps someone(s) skipped school, looking for a car to joyride in and something went horribly wrong. I don't know, just a thought.

I do plan to do a little of my own "searching" once I get settled.

LaMer said:
I agree Myserty.

13th Juror, thanks again as your reporting is about all I ever hear anymore.

I did notice Nancy Grace showed a very short clip of the Kesses standng on a street corner handing out fliers. That was about all she mentioned too, then on to the next story.

My heart is breaking too.

My pleasure, LaMer. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. :blowkiss:

I also saw that "18 second" blip on Nancy Grace's show of Drew standing at a busy intersection on John Young Parkway holding up a huge poster of Jenn. They've been doing that morning after morning - day after day. Just heartbreaking is right! I'm glad there was at least a mention of the Kesse family's ongoing plight to find Jennifer but if you blinked - you missed it.

With the most probable scenario of Jenn simply walking out of her condo around 8 am to go to work (broad daylight in a gated complex!) - this could easily have happened to 'any one of us' in any city - anywhere.

How did this happen??? WHY? What was the assailant's motive to abduct Jennifer? And - why weren't there security cameras installed & recording 'activity' on & around the Mosaic complex?? I just don't "get it"!

I simply can't imagine the anguish & grief this family is enduring. It's beyond my comprehension.

Hey LaMer, I have made several trips over to Fl_Sun's forum in the past few days and must say I've very much enjoyed your well-written & insightful posts. Jennifer & the Kesse family is indeed fortunate to have your loyal support and 'in their corner.' Big Time Kudos to you! :) :blowkiss:

13th Juror

13th Juror wrote:

I simply can't imagine the anguish & grief this family is enduring. It's beyond my comprehension.

I can't imagine the pain either. I have experienced some serious grief in my life like we all have but this is the ultimate living nightmare. And even worse this is most likely a life sentence for Mr & Mrs Kesse.

On the other hand there is a lot of surmising that the OPD/LE know more than they are letting on.
I seriously doubt that because this case is stuck where it was at day one. Next week is week nine and still nothing.
I hope to goodness I am wrong but I can see week 9 becoming month 9 with this case.

I think LE has been lacking one vital ingredient here...............luck.
We all need some good luck, even crime investigators.

What about Rob Allen, Jennifer's boyfriend?

I wonder how he is doing?
Here was a man very much in love and no doubts had plans for a bright future with Jennifer.
It seems his dreams have been smashed too so he is another victim.
We can only guess at the hellish nightmare he is living every day.

I know it's silly to say this but I just wish I could wave a magic wand and fix some of these things.

I am in here in Melbourne australia and have followed this on Greta and Fox but have not seen anything for a while. Every other day I look at this case here and ever day i hope for some new news to come out. I feel that beautiful Jen is dead and fear that we will never know who took her. Her poor parents, we see this grief all too often and it usually has a sad ending. I think this Marlowe chap is right on the money with his theory. Very sad.

kazz

I think they will find the person. Theres so much going on in Florida right now with missing people and murders they just haven't found the right one to link to Jenn.

Kazzbar,
I'm in Australia too and actually found this site through both the Wanda beach murders and the Beaumont children. I have been researching both and Wanda beach has really got me.
It was a case of one link leading to another.

I find the Jennifer Kesse case totally baffling.
Her parents, boyfriend and friends are in an emotional place I can't begin to imagine. I feel for them all.
I just hope LE get the break they need for everyone's sake.

Cheetah said:
I recently moved to Orlando and can assure you, Jennifer's picture is everywhere! I don't live too far from the area where she disappeared from, but even in farther out areas, I see here flyer and billboards everywhere.

I have to agree with you, Cheetah. 'Flyers, Giant Posters & Billboards' abound in the Central Florida area. I see them everywhere too. Most are strategically located where they would do the most good.

Unfortunately, some flyers bearing Jenn's picture & info are being "taped over" onto those tacky temporary signs one sees cluttering the shoulders of our roadways. We all know the ones I mean - the 'stick in the ground' type that election candidates consistently employ to get their name 'remembered' by the voting public - also the 'Home Depot' type signs advertising garage sales, lawn care service & the like.

"Someone" - no doubt with the best of intentions - placed "Jennifer Kesse Missing Flyers" on hundreds of these signs and located them all over an upscale community in Seminole County. Around 6:30 - 7 am .. I witnessed a county truck confiscating all the signs that were apparently placed there illegally overnight.

Cheetah said:
I pray that Jennifer is found alive, but it seems less likely as time goes on. IMO, the mail problem around here is there are just too many places to place a body. I agree they do need to continue the searches, expand the search area and bring her home.

Me too, Cheetah! My prayers nowadays always include Jennifer, Rob & the Kesse family. Yes, I agree .. going on statistics and the law of probability - it does seem far less likely that she will be found "safe" and alive. My intellectual sense of "reality" tells me one scenario while my ever-hopeful heart continues to keep the faith for Jenn & her family. I guess that's all any of us can reasonably do.

And yes - there are many places to secrete a body as well as to hold a hostage. That would be true though of most anywhere USA - even South Fla where you moved from recently. (And Welcome! :) )

Orange County is a decent sized county - however, a fairly short drive by the assailant/perpetrator could easily have put Jenn & that person in 6 other surrounding counties. (Seminole, Lake, Osceola, Brevard, Volusia or Polk) Obviously, there are no checkpoints, barriers or boundary restrictions in crossing county lines. Many residents of Central Florida are employed in a different county from where they reside.

My point - I suppose, is that further searches for Jennifer really should include more than just Orange County. I know - a daunting task, to be sure!

Christopher Marlowe's latest post entries on another forum are calling for the Fla National Guard to be deployed in the search for Jenn. While it would be most satisfying to have that many boots & eyes searching for Ms. Kesse - there are over 2000 missing people in just Orange Co. alone. Many thousands of others are also missing in our vastly populated state. The huge majority of 'those missing folks' haven't received a fraction of the media attention that Jennifer's disappearance has garnered.

"IF" the Nat. Guard was called in to search for this one young lady - wouldn't all the other "missing" deserve no less treatment?

Maybe I'm out-in-left-field - but, it seems to me that this 'Search for Jennifer' is perfectly suited for a team like Equusearch (Tim Miller & Co.) - in conjunction with local LE.

JMHO - Thoughts, opinions anyone?

13th Juror

docwho3 said:
I have thought before that the car was moved to lead the trail of investigators away from the complex she was in but then he had to double back to his own vehicle which accounts for the scent trail leading back. That leads me to think we are probably looking for a van or large car belonging to either 1.someone else living in the same building or 2.someone who frequents that building such as a worker who knew he still had to come to work at that building or a frequent visitor to someone in the building (a relative of someone in the building or even a social worker.)

I thought I had already sent this in, but can't find it, so ignore the dupe if it's found somewhere.

I'm working on a simpler plan than Marlowe’s which exposes the perp to fewer episodes where he could be observed with Jenn, and has the advantage of night cover.
I think the perp got her Monday night as she went to mail the cellphone. In some of the early interviews with the brother, I remember he indicated that she was trying to get it to the owner quickly or the next day, which is why she didn’t wait until the next day and ship it from work. Once she was near her car he controlled her with a gun, handcuffed her hands (faster than tying), and placed her in the passenger wheelwell. Her car is a full mid-sized and she could easily be fit below any eye level and covered with a dark blanket. We’ve seen the quality of the surveillance cameras during the day; imagine them at night. The perp then takes her wherever, and returns the car to a place he knows is disorganized enough to leave it alone for a few days. Why the Greens?? Since we don’t have a good timeline, it’s being so close implies he took her somewhere close. Not so on this theory; she could be anywhere in a 4 hour drive radius.
It’s still dark or right before sunrise as he parks at the Greens, and walks or bicycles back to the Mosaic, because he works or lives there. This is what affords him the opportunity to stalk her, and be observant even at night for a proper moment to capture her. Note she could be alive if he is obsessed enough with her to capture and keep her, which I think he is. The timing right after she came back from a week or so with her boyfriend makes me think a, twisted but strong emotional component of attraction to her alive is in play.

What about the shower and towel indicating a recent use?? She may have taken a shower to get the road dust off before she left to mail the phone?? What about the workman perp himself leaving some damp towels on the floor? He has no fear of DNA testing since he works there and possibly has worked in her apartment.

When I batted this around on the other board Marlowe and I developed what I see as a key weakness in the initial effort: Why wasn’t Bo taken to sniff the whole complex, work areas and condo stoops, as well as just hang around and catch ambient smells of the workmen? If he could find none, whomever’s scent was on the seat was probably not at the complex, at least as a workman or resident, who would leave a strong scent trail due to many comings and goings. Secondly, why not keep the seat?? Dog scent identification has legal standing and has been used as crucial evidence in convictions. Let Bo snuffle the seat and cruise around the complex. If the guy is still working there, Bo would probably find him.

Comments?? Contributions?? Flames??

Crypto6

crypto6 said:
. . .
When I batted this around on the other board Marlowe and I developed what I see as a key weakness in the initial effort: Why wasn’t Bo taken to sniff the whole complex, work areas and condo stoops, as well as just hang around and catch ambient smells of the workmen? If he could find none, whomever’s scent was on the seat was probably not at the complex, at least as a workman or resident, who would leave a strong scent trail due to many comings and goings. Secondly, why not keep the seat?? Dog scent identification has legal standing and has been used as crucial evidence in convictions. Let Bo snuffle the seat and cruise around the complex. If the guy is still working there, Bo would probably find him.

Comments?? Contributions?? Flames??

Crypto6
No flames from me. :) I am glad to see the case is being given serious thought. I will need to think quite a bit more before I can offer any helpful comments or suggestions.

docwho3 said:
No flames from me. :) I am glad to see the case is being given serious thought. I will need to think quite a bit more before I can offer any helpful comments or suggestions.
This is a tough one; think on!

13th Juror said:

My pleasure, LaMer. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. :blowkiss:

I also saw that "18 second" blip on Nancy Grace's show of Drew standing at a busy intersection on John Young Parkway holding up a huge poster of Jenn. They've been doing that morning after morning - day after day. Just heartbreaking is right! I'm glad there was at least a mention of the Kesse family's ongoing plight to find Jennifer but if you blinked - you missed it.

With the most probable scenario of Jenn simply walking out of her condo around 8 am to go to work (broad daylight in a gated complex!) - this could easily have happened to 'any one of us' in any city - anywhere.

How did this happen??? WHY? What was the assailant's motive to abduct Jennifer? And - why weren't there security cameras installed & recording 'activity' on & around the Mosaic complex?? I just don't "get it"!

Hey LaMer, I have made several trips over to Fl_Sun's forum in the past few days and must say I've very much enjoyed your well-written & insightful posts. Jennifer & the Kesse family is indeed fortunate to have your loyal support and 'in their corner.' Big Time Kudos to you! :) :blowkiss:

13th Juror

Thank you 13th Juror, and they are indeed fortunate to have your eyes and ears to be keeping us updated. :blowkiss: May God Bless the Kesses and be helpful in bringing Jennifer home to them or at least home to rest in PEACE.

I've got a big question about references made to the dog venturing into some small part of the woods area. Anybody know anything about that?

FYI --- here's another forum about Jennifer. Please check it out.

thanks ...

http://centralfloridamissing.com/forum

drumstick said:
I've got a big question about references made to the dog venturing into some small part of the woods area. Anybody know anything about that?

FYI --- here's another forum about Jennifer. Please check it out.

thanks ...

http://centralfloridamissing.com/forum

Drumstick, maybe this will help. This article mentions woods near where Jenn's car was found, but many other articles mention searches of the woods near Mosaic. Near Mosaic, the woods were seached in grids also using officers on horseback.

Police Sweep Woods For Woman After Scent Picked Up
Reward In Case Reaches $115,000

POSTED: 9:43 am EST January 30, 2006
UPDATED: 5:21 pm EST January 30, 2006

Police officers in Orlando, Fla., continued a search of a heavily wooded area Monday near the location where 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse's abandoned car was discovered last week after a scent was picked up in the area, according to a Local 6 News report.

Kesse, who works for Westgate Resorts in the Orlando suburb of Ocoee, Fla., is considered a missing and endangered adult after she mysteriously vanished last week.

"One of the two strongest clues that the Orlando Police Department is sharing with the media is the scent that was picked up in the woods," Local 6 News reporter Samantha Knapp said.
-more-

http://www.local6.com/news/6587477/detail.html

OrlandoCrimeBlog

The mystery of her disappearance deepened within an hour of the car's recovery at 8:10 a.m. not far from Kesse residence. Orange County sheriff's bloodhound Bo took a sniff of the driver's seat and pulled handler Sgt. Jeff Brown at a loping pace for a mile.

The scent led straight to the front door of Kesse's home in Mosaic at Millenia, an upscale, gated and fenced condominium complex with 24-hour security on Americana Boulevard.

The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6-year-old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium.

Orlando police homicide detectives would not speculate on who abandoned Kesse's Chevrolet Malibu near the intersection of Americana and Texas Avenue and then walked or ran back to her home.

I didn't find where Bo had trailed into the woods in any of the articles. Bo's trail was described in all the media reports as above.

Drumstick, many of the article are no longer available online, but if you read at C & J--their online history of the case, maybe you will ba able to work with articles posted--go to 'Missing Adults 2000 to Present', there is a thread for Jennifer Kesse posting many of the media articles.

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?act=idx

Please--Let us know what you are theorizing. :)

LaMer,

Thank you so much for the info and thank you for tracking me down to read it!;)

I understand that the OPD searched the woods behind the Mosiac complex.

My question was mainly about reports of the dog tracking into the woods but like you I have not found any news reports of it.
An interesting observation was made that the dog tracked back to the condo
along the highway on the cement sidewalk and after arriving on the condo grounds took a back way in that would not be know by anyone except those living and working in that complex. When I read reports of the dog tracking into the woods (which are incorrect) I wanted to know why.

Thank you for your help! You're a great poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong