FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Scroll up and read my message above #206 for my own personal theory of what I think happened regarding the scent tracked by the bloodhound.
Interesting theory. So, is everyone assuming that Jennifer was targeted, that the suspect was actually intent on kidnapping her? It seems this way, doesn't it?

Interesting theory. So, is everyone assuming that Jennifer was targeted, that the suspect was actually intent on kidnapping her? It seems this way, doesn't it?

It has always been my assumption, yes. I don't believe this was a random act. Random would have meant he didn't care about evidence being left behind, imo. He would have attacked her either right there or back in her condo then left her AND evidence. With no crime scene detected, he was careful not to leave evidence there or much in the car (maybe an accidental print).

The fact the car was totally intact when returned to Drew K. tells me there was no blood or bodily fluid evidence present. Had there been a lot...the seats would have been taken out and the carpeting ripped up etc.

Did someone post earlier the possibility or fact that Jennifer used her cellphone out on the balcony for better reception? I haven't studied the layout of her condo development yet, but is there anyone in particular who'd have a direct view of her there? Where would someone hang out if they wanted to view balcony or see when she left the unit (closed the balcony slider?)

Not only that, but, if JK was in the habit of sending such items, she wouldn't have been calling around to places trying to find out where they are located and their hours. She would have already known the answer.

I think sending off the cellphone, was not something JK did on a regular basis, and I would be surprised if she had a fedex or ups package at her home for such an occasion. Of course, I am only speculating.

Regardless, my gut tells me that JK never left Mosaic on her own accord, and the cellphone sending is probably not a part of this crime. Of course, it is just my own opinion.

left
Hmm, only read a little of this conversation, but there was mention in the beginning, I think it was an inter view with her Mother who said the supplies were on her desk at home and that she sent packages of information to customer/clients from work. Seems like this is the information they talked about but then things/information change.

Even more important than whether she had overnight shipping packaging (and with UPS it's different than ground), is that she had to have an account # to write on it to charge the shipping to. That's the only way you can drop it in a box.

She would have to have her own account, or know her company's account # and use it and pay them for it, or had an account # given to her by her brother's friend to use.

The account # would have to be for the company she had packaging material for, if any.

rd

The information abt her calling around for shipping information........where did htat information come from....I had never heard of that before.
Can anyone get some stills on the one video that can be enlarged? It won't copy print for me.
The information abt the height next to the car is driing me crazy, I don't know how anyone can see that video that clear.

I hadn't either, but I've only read some of the main news articles about Jennifer's disappearance.

I wish I could provide that for you right now, BB, but I haven't got into the video thing yet, so am not set up to take stills of it. (and I sure can't see any kind of detail like that either in the little window that news video plays in. :)

rd

I tried to use my digital camera to take shots of it paused but the flash keeps reflecting in the screen. The ones I was able to see make the poi to large to be the correct image of him unless he is walking toward the camera.. Those usee video tapes these places use are so wore out they project images of objects taped previously.

The information abt the height next to the car is driing me crazy, I don't know how anyone can see that video that clear.

BB: Many people don't see the envelope (which I think is an IPOD) in the right hand of the POI.

I quite frankly don't really see the SPCA.

That is what makes a board. People see different things, based upon their computers, life experiences, etc.

As for that video. I agree with CAt. It does appear that the POI "clears" the roof of JK's Malibu, which stands 57 1/2 inches, with little problem. I agree with Cat, that from the video's I have, the POI appears much taller than 6 inches taller than the roof of the Malibu. How much? impossible to tell from that angle.

I will give you an example. It appears that between the POI's shoulders and neck are even with the top of the Malibu. Closer to the shoulders.

Well, the distance from my shoulders to the top of my head is approximately 11 inches. I would assume the norm is 9-12 inches. IF you just take the norm, it estimates that the POI is about 5"8-5"10, which I believe backs up my other estimates done on this board months ago.

It's not meant to be an "exact science", just another estimate which points at the possibility that the POI is taller. Remember, it is just "OUR" opinion. Unless we physically go out and measure, none of us can say with certainty.

On the other hand, a 5"4 person would basically have their mouth even with the roof of the Malibu. IMO, the pOI seems taller than this.

left

Go here to view the video of the suspect parking Jennifer's car. Click on Video: Surveillance Tape on the right.

http://www.wesh.com/news/13348776/detail.html

It is difficult to pause the video at just the right spot and it may take a few attempts, however, when the video is paused when the suspect has just got out of the car and is standing upright you can tell that the suspect is fairly much taller than the roof of Jennifer's 2004 Chevy Malibu which measures 57 1/2 inches in height.

BB: Many people don't see the envelope (which I think is an IPOD) in the right hand of the POI.

I quite frankly don't really see the SPCA.

That is what makes a board. People see different things, based upon their computers, life experiences, etc.

As for that video. I agree with CAt. It does appear that the POI "clears" the roof of JK's Malibu, which stands 57 1/2 inches, with little problem. I agree with Cat, that from the video's I have, the POI appears much taller than 6 inches taller than the roof of the Malibu. How much? impossible to tell from that angle.

I will give you an example. It appears that between the POI's shoulders and neck are even with the top of the Malibu. Closer to the shoulders.

Well, the distance from my shoulders to the top of my head is approximately 11 inches. I would assume the norm is 9-12 inches. IF you just take the norm, it estimates that the POI is about 5"8-5"10, which I believe backs up my other estimates done on this board months ago.

It's not meant to be an "exact science", just another estimate which points at the possibility that the POI is taller. Remember, it is just "OUR" opinion. Unless we physically go out and measure, none of us can say with certainty.

On the other hand, a 5"4 person would basically have their mouth even with the roof of the Malibu. IMO, the pOI seems taller than this.

left
We just did this with an Elantra we have, 56.5 overall height. Standing abt 18 inches away, view from the other side top of car came lower neck for person 5'5" in barefeet, just above the shoulders for person 5'7". I don't know how much of the head in video your seeing, but this is what we found with ourselves.

BB

Correct, and if you add another inch since the Malibi is 57.5 inches, and the roof appears to be at the shoulders, then it would give an estimate of 5"8-5"10.

left

Here's one you can see. This person is 5'7' barefoot in this shot.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=Heightmeasurement.jpg

Good nite left, I hope you find your answer. We have 4 computer stations in here with the excellent equipment. There are just not enough hours in the day to do what really needs to be done here. My husband works for this company, http://www.spectorsoft.com/ Theres alot of computer genius' there, him being one of them, but none who have gotten interested in what we do here. So we struggle along. Tomorrow's another day. Goodnite.

The answer is simple.

How can someone be photgraphed on a camera, the photo placed on a million fliers, on national tv countless times, and 16 months later, no progress?

What went wrong?
What assumption is incorrect?
Who was erroneously eliminated?
Did the release of the pOI photo confuse the investigation?
Would the release of the video in conjunction with the POI photo resulted in the "right" tip?
Does the POI live in Tampa, or another city, and simply traveled to "settle" a score?
Could JK have been a random target? maybe a robbery gone bad?

Or could the POI simply have avoided having anyone recognize him from this photo?

That is the real question.

Everything else is just speculation, educated guesses, and the like.

left

I spent much of last night going over all of the robbery, sexual assault, and kidnapping cases in and around Orlando. There were a couple which raised red flags, but LE checked them out if we have prints from her car. Didn't they?!

The 3 men who pulled a kidnapping/rape on two different women in apartment complexes: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2006/01/three_face_char.html (can't find out anything else on these 3) , the couple sought in a carjacking: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2006/02/pair_sought_in_.html , and one I thought was interesting, but the MO completely different...the black man that was riding a boys bike, wearing a white T-shirt, with an odd black leather hat on who shot a grill cook from Disney:http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/fugitives/index.html(Ironic twist, huh?)

How deep did LE go into comparing the above cases to Jennifer's? Was there anything to compare...prints, DNA, etc.? If they weren't looking for a taller suspect...were these cases thoroughly checked or did they dismiss them?

Another thing I thought of...what if the perp is dead? There is a possibility of being shot while committing another crime, car accidents, and numerous other things that could have happened. Dead men tell no tales, so to speak. No one would be even considering their friend or family member if they passed after the disappearance and obviously...they weren't around to 'talk' and let anything slip.

All just food for thought.

I doubt that anyone here would disagree about whether Law Enforcement should do over the suspect's height estimate. How difficult would it be for Law Enforcement to pose people of different heights in front of that pool gate in a walking stance, just like the suspect? Then, they watch the surveillance video and match it up with the suspect photos. Do this at around noon time. Also, this would be a great opportunity to have the models dressed in different colors to see if the darker colored clothing truly does appear to be white or light colored on camera.

Law Enforcement used what looks like a flimsy rope and a tall stick or worse yet a flexible measuring tape held up by an officer to determine an estimated height of the suspect. Measuring this way could give a margin of error.

What a travesty it would be IF the suspect has gotten away with this crime because Law Enforcement eliminated the suspect as a possibility because he was taller than their estimated height of 5' 3" to 5' 5".
Perhaps Jennifer could have been located by now if Law Enforcement hadn't locked themselves into a height of 5' 3" to 5' 5" for the suspect. It is a possibility that the suspect was recognized from the surveillance camera photos and that tip was never called in because it was thought that it was impossible because "their person" is taller and in the News and on the flyers/posters it says that the suspect is only 5' 3" to 5' 5".

Once again, here is the link to the video of Law Enforcement measuring the height of their model using what looks like a rope and a stick/measuring tape. This is how they determined the estimated height of the suspect:
http://www.wftv.com/video/6885628/detail.html

OK...Can we stop playing to the press now?! LOL

Cat, why don't you or Left just send JC or LE copies of the posts indicating reasons to revisit the height determination? Chances are slim to none that JC or anyone else will come here to read our posts on the subject.

Most here believe their calculations are wrong and need to be redone. I think it is important they are aware of how we came to this conclusion, but if no one sends it to them...this won't be seen or resolved.

Oh, by the way...You both left out my take on the matter...the stride and the feet! (Both indicative of a taller person.) ; )

ss

Good job getting those other crime reports. There is chance this guy is involved in other crimes, and maybe he is in jail for another charge as we speak. Everyone seems focused on a stalker, but, maybe JK was just an "opportunity crime", and it was not planned, and a stranger. I find it unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out. (kind of like that kid who attacked the woman at the mailbox in feb 2006)

One would think that LE would enter the prints found in JK's car and the DNA (if any) with arrests of known felons. However, there is the possibility that the POI didn't leave a good print behind. One would think the majority of prints in that car are from JK, and I often wondered if she was ever printed in her life. Either way, LE can't be certain the POI left a print unless he left a soda can, touched a spot on the car which shows in the video, or left something behind.

Hence, the rumors which are rampant about having a partial on the POI could be true, or just hopeful thinking. How does LE know that partial is from the POI, and not JK, a valet, a friend?

My take is once LE gets a "good" suspect, they will be able to tie him to that car, either with a print, hair, etc.

left

I saw the video on the man attacking the woman at the post box, too. Did you know he supposedly lived in the woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon