FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

[FONT=&quot]LOCAL WOMAN SAY SHE WAS NEARLY ABDUCTED BY JENNIFER ODOM’S SUSPECTED KILLER

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When news broke of Crum’s arrest, a Spring Hill Woman, who we will refer to as “Jamie,” says she and a friend were nearly abducted by Crum, while walking on Drew Street towards her home on Casson Street.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jaimie says she was just 14-years-old in 1993, when a man in a blue pickup truck approached her and her friend and asked if they wanted a ride home. Jamie says they ran as fast as they could through a wooded until they reached Jamie’s home. Jaimie told her parents but doesn’t remember if her parents reported the incident to the Sheriff’s Office.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When Jamie saw pictures of the suspect’s blue pickup truck on the news, she knew that was the same man who tried to pick them up. Jamie described a younger Crum as being unshaven and having oily hair at the time of the incident – she could not remember a clothing description.

http://www.rnrfonline.com/local-wom...-abducted-by-jennifer-odoms-suspected-killer/
[/FONT]

I actually had a friend of mine contact me and tell me that a co-worker and her husband were picked up possibly by Crum after Jennifers murder. They had broke down near his residence and offered a lift. They took it and he was addement that the 19 year old female.sit next to him. Her husband had her sit on his lap. As soon as they started driving he started talking about the Odom case.The husband directed him to the wrong address so as not to let him know where they lived. She said after he dropped them off he watched them.for a bit then drove off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone know what county Crum was charged with kidnapping in 87'?

Can you please send me the file you have on Crum? I am very interested.

I have been having a really hard time finding any information on Crum's early assault in '87, I really want to know where this attack was committed. I did find this from the HCSO website, one address listed for Crum Sr. is only 10 miles from where Jennifer's body was found the other was only 2 miles away. He knew the Pasco and Hernando area so very well, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more victims out there that have not been found. With the intense brutality of his attacks, I would find it hard to believe that the Hernando victim that survived and Jennifer were his only victims.

http://www.hernandosheriff.org/appl...e2=02/26/2015&FirstName=jeffrey&LastName=crum

I have been having a really hard time finding any information on Crum's early assault in '87, I really want to know where this attack was committed. I did find this from the HCSO website, one address listed for Crum Sr. is only 10 miles from where Jennifer's body was found the other was only 2 miles away. He knew the Pasco and Hernando area so very well, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more victims out there that have not been found. With the intense brutality of his attacks, I would find it hard to believe that the Hernando victim that survived and Jennifer were his only victims.

http://www.hernandosheriff.org/appl...e2=02/26/2015&FirstName=jeffrey&LastName=crum

The 87' attack happened in Hillsborough county.

I remember this case from when I was a kid. I grew up in Pasco county and I remember hearing my parents talking about it. I'm not sure what I have to say is relevant but I figured I'd share it anyway. Around the time I was 11-12 my dad dropped my sister and I off at the Holiday public library on a Saturday. Almost immediately after arriving a man started following me around the library. He approached me in one of the aisles and began taking to me about the OJ Simpson case since it was in the news at the time. I made some polite reply and went to a table to read my books. The tables I was sitting at had huge glass windows that faced the parking lot and I looked up from my books and noticed the same man standing next to an older truck and motioned for me to come and get in. I immediately went to the desk to tell the library staff what had happened. Before I could tell the woman at the help desk, she asked me if the man who was following me was bothering me. I explained what had happened and she said she had been watching him since she noticed him following me around. The staff went out to the parking lot to search for the man, who was apparently there with another man, but they were already gone. I did report it to the police and I remember my dad driving around for hours trying to find this guy, I don't think I've ever seen him that mad. Again, this is probably totally unrelated and I didn't even think about it until I started reading this thread about the guy having a truck. This man was about six foot tall and very skinny, a bean pole kind of build. He had long curly black hair, kind of a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet cut. He also had a dangly earring in his right ear. I remember thinking to myself the George Michael look was so ten years ago. The incident stuck with me because it scared the crap out me and made me realize that the stuff about strangers my parents always told me was true.

there were a lot of creeps in the area back in 93.

I remember this case from when I was a kid. I grew up in Pasco county and I remember hearing my parents talking about it. I'm not sure what I have to say is relevant but I figured I'd share it anyway. Around the time I was 11-12 my dad dropped my sister and I off at the Holiday public library on a Saturday. Almost immediately after arriving a man started following me around the library. He approached me in one of the aisles and began taking to me about the OJ Simpson case since it was in the news at the time. I made some polite reply and went to a table to read my books. The tables I was sitting at had huge glass windows that faced the parking lot and I looked up from my books and noticed the same man standing next to an older truck and motioned for me to come and get in. I immediately went to the desk to tell the library staff what had happened. Before I could tell the woman at the help desk, she asked me if the man who was following me was bothering me. I explained what had happened and she said she had been watching him since she noticed him following me around. The staff went out to the parking lot to search for the man, who was apparently there with another man, but they were already gone. I did report it to the police and I remember my dad driving around for hours trying to find this guy, I don't think I've ever seen him that mad. Again, this is probably totally unrelated and I didn't even think about it until I started reading this thread about the guy having a truck. This man was about six foot tall and very skinny, a bean pole kind of build. He had long curly black hair, kind of a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet cut. He also had a dangly earring in his right ear. I remember thinking to myself the George Michael look was so ten years ago. The incident stuck with me because it scared the crap out me and made me realize that the stuff about strangers my parents always told me was true.

If you seen him again would you recognize him?

Yes, I would definitely recognize him. I checked some of the links posted here with pictures, but I couldn't find any pictures of the man Crum from twenty years ago. And I couldn't find any pictures of Kiefer at all.

Yes, I would definitely recognize him. I checked some of the links posted here with pictures, but I couldn't find any pictures of the man Crum from twenty years ago. And I couldn't find any pictures of Kiefer at all.

I sent a pic to your inbox

I saw that picture on Google. It definitely could be the man that approached me. Coloring and build are right in the younger picture. Does anyone know height/weight on this guy? Or what he looked like in the early nineties? I know he had a peircing in right ear and long hair. No beard, that I remember.

The black and white is from the 90's. I haven't been able to locate anything from the 80's.

The guy who approached me in the nineties was clean shaven and had long curly black hair. And he was very skinny. I haven't been able to find much about the truck? I remember this man standing next to a truck, I can't remember what color, but it was a little beat up and had what looked like construction supplies in the bed of it. I remember thinking to myself that the truck itself looked creepy and why would I willingly get into it.

Any further developments since the recent news?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Published on Jun 13, 2018
In a place where quiet country roads mark a simpler time, something terrible happened 25 years ago. Jennifer Odom, a 12-year-old Pasco County schoolgirl, was murdered. She was abducted from a bus stop and found six days later. A massive manhunt took place, but investigators were left with more questions than answers. MORE: http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-n...

This case as always bother me. Then when Joseph P Smith was arrested they thought there might be a conection to Jennifer Odom. I was thrilled but have never heard anymore so I guess not. The cases are very similar and he was around the area at that time.
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/osi/unsolved/odom.asp

Sadly, there's probably not enough evidence to get a conviction unless he or Crum or whoever did it confesses.

Hi all, a podcast was released regarding Jenny's case -

Who Killed Jennifer Odom? - Ep 26 - Sun Crime State Podcast (podcast)

The first few minutes they discuss the recent mass school shooting in Parkland, after that they quickly go into her case, what I found very interesting is the detectives that inherited the case mention that communication between the counties involved was almost non-existent and there was no follow through on some leads due to workload, they took the initial working county's word for processing evidence and talking to suspects .... I really hope they have enough evidence to at least determine if Crumb was involved, my fear is that they do not have DNA or anything physical to test....

I haven't seen anything convicting Crum of this crime yet. Am I missing something or has his trial not occurred yet? Also, any possibility of a link here? Even though the locations are far apart, the POI seems to travel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back