FL - Jessica Lunsford, 9, abducted & murdered, Homosassa, 27 Feb 2005

I guess with an IQ of 62 he probably doesn't comprehend what is even happening.....

Somewhere a little angel looks down at her father and smiles.

As he sat there, he looked visibly shaken. First sign of emotion the entire trial, and it appears his counsel got outta dodge ASAP and left him sitting at the table alone.

Hope they bury him alive....spiteful I know, but he should be made to fully understand what he did to that sweet girl.

Jaded said:
As he sat there, he looked visibly shaken. First sign of emotion the entire trial, and it appears his counsel got outta dodge ASAP and left him sitting at the table alone.

Oh, yeah...he knew when they meant when they said death. Florida doesn't play around, either...they are right behind Texas, I think, in how fast appeals run out.

:clap: for that jury. :blowkiss: for Mark & Family.

For Jessie....:angel:

Everyone talks about rehabilitation or punishment of the criminal. Or in extreme cases like this -- revenge. None of these are the reason for incarceration or the death penalty. The only reason to lock up or kill a criminal, is to protect the rest of society from them.

We pay our legal system to protect us.

Thank the Lord and that Jury. We lock them up so that we can feed cloth and shelter them give them tv climate & control for free who are you kidding saying that they are locked up to protect us from them?

mom3dd said:
Thank the Lord and that Jury. We lock them up so that we can feed cloth and shelter them give them tv climate & control for free who are you kidding saying that they are locked up to protect us from them?
Yep - it's the cost of doing business in a free society. We pay for this protection and I'm fine with that. I don't care if they have clothing and shelter and tv and climate control on my dime if it keeps them off my street.

I am just not satisfied with the death penalty. It just doesn't seem like enough.

But defense attorney Alan Fanter said Couey's is a "life worth saving."

I don't care how much money they offered me, those words could not come out of my mouth.

I hear his attys booked it outta there and left couey sittin there by himself...

maybe they had to go shower and wash their mouths out with industrial strength cleanser.

poco said:
I guess with an IQ of 62 he probably doesn't comprehend what is even happening.....

He may have tested an IQ of 62, but I can't believe he would be functioning in any normal way with an IQ that low. At 90, there are enough differences between 90 and 100/"average/normal" that you would pick up on the 90 IQ person as being a bit "slow." Anything in the 75-80 degree is much more obviously mentally handicapped. I've had a lot of students deliberately give zero effort to the IQ tests--they score the same as the ones who are mentally handicapped.

A mentally handicapped person could understand that the consequences, just not why it was happening.

I don't know how the jury could return any other kind of verdict, though. Even if you go with the mentally handicapped to that degree argument--he's still a clear danger to society.

poco said:
Well, he sure didn't have a problem comprehending that there was a search going on for Jesse. He took this dear child in the middle of the night, raped and buried her alive and had no problem comprehending that he needed to get out of town for what he had done. I have to agree w/ BB, the death penalty just doesn't seem enough.

There are worse things than dying.....maybe Couey should be subjected to some of them while waiting for the needle

dingo said:
There are worse things than dying.....maybe Couey should be subjected to some of them while waiting for the needle
Yeah that's it, its like death is an escape to them, without hurting him too much he should be made to suffer
I don't like seeing pain inflicted on anyone and don't believe in the death penalty but somehow people like him should not get away with what they've done

Death is the big unknown and probably everyone is at least a little afraid to die. This having to face being put to death instead of a natural death will be very hard for him since he is so cowardly. Much better punishment than life in prison where he could develop a life for himself there. There's no way that I believe that the IQ was that low since he was able to understand questions and respond so quickly during the tape of the confession.

Rest in Peace Jessica and God bless you Mark and family.

It just seems like the DP is not enough suffering for this piece of dirt. I just feel like it is too easy for what he did to poor Jessica. I want him to hurt more.:behindbar

Gozgals

richandfamous said:
I don't care how much money they offered me, those words could not come out of my mouth.

I hear his attys booked it outta there and left couey sittin there by himself...

maybe they had to go shower and wash their mouths out with industrial strength cleanser.
Or maybe they're just some of those misguided people who think all life is worth saving. Imagine being someone like that! How could you possibly live with yourself if you respected and tried to protect all life? Insane....;)

Please excuse my ignorance, but when someone is given the death penalty how long does it take before they are executed and how are they executed. As others have said before me death seems like the easy way out, he should feel pain and abuse before his death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back