GUILTY FL - Jill Halliburton Su, 59, murdered in her Davie home, 7 Sept 2014 *retrial 2022*

With every new news article, I just have more and more questions. :waitasec:

Call me jaded or maybe I've been around WS too long (lol) but the first thing I think about when I see a woman (mother, whoever) in a bloody bathtub---feel for a pulse in the carotid artery & call 911. I would not scream for the pool guy cause I don't know if he's a suspect or not. And there would be no reason for me to be "covered in blood" as the pool guy claims the son was.
So I respectfully disagree with Colette here & say something is strange about the kids response.

We'll see......

Considering this happened a few days ago it's amazing how little new info is out there.

It is being discussed on JVM at the moment (which makes me guess it'll be on NG possibly also)

How heartbreaking for family and family and friends. Hope they have answers very soon

Another point I would like to share is this: It would be highly unusual for that home to NOT have all doors and windows "Miami-Dade Code Impact Resistant" glass (aka hurricane-proof) per code. The home would very likely have it as it is upscale and relatively new.
For those of you that don't know about these types of windows and doors, they are considered as close to bullet-proof as there is.

It is very unusual for a burglary to occur via breaking a window or door as reported. Burglars know it is nearly impossible to pull it off short of throwing a bowling ball at the glass and causing a huge disturbance.

So what exactly happened here????

What time was Jill supposed to be volunteering that day?

Was her schedule regular?

Did Jill often have baths? In the daytime? Before work?

From memory, I think she was suppose to be at her volunteer position around 11am but when she didn't show up, they weren't alarmed since she just had been on vacation & felt she might've needed more rest from traveling.

Call me jaded or maybe I've been around WS too long (lol) but the first thing I think about when I see a woman (mother, whoever) in a bloody bathtub---feel for a pulse in the carotid artery & call 911. I would not scream for the pool guy cause I don't know if he's a suspect or not. And there would be no reason for me to be "covered in blood" as the pool guy claims the son was.
So I respectfully disagree with Colette here & say something is strange about the kids response.

We'll see......

I've been pondering this and if I came in to my mother in a bloody bath I think I couldn't help but try and pull her out. It's my nature to respond and render aid first. Especially my mother. I would have definitely have tried to pull her out or up to assess her.

If the pool man was involved why would he still be on the property? If one were to stab someone in a tub I would think he would have gotten out of there. Jmt

ciao

He was leaving though remember ? They were pulling out when he ran out and stopped them.

Good question! I take a bath when I want to shave before work. If she was attacked while getting in the bath, that would make sense as to why her naked body would be in it. I wonder if she was raped.

Been looking around researching on this case. I see where she just got back from vacation with her husband. I kind of think someone might have been casing the house and knew they were on vacation and didn't expect her to be there. I find the pool guy suspicious after looking at some information about him. I hope they catch who did this.

I'm leaning that way also.

After seeing her Facebook and the news clip with friends speaking posted here, this case just grabbed me. Such a beautiful soul.

Do I have to go back and quote to say : Colette, I'm looking at the pool guy too!
From the police making the statement in a video on this thread "the family has been extensively interviewed as is routine in these cases". But then again, with that kind of money, I'm sure they would keep everything tight lip if they did suspect the husband and\or son. But they added the "routine" disclaimer like they don't suspect them.
My gut (gullibility ) says it's not the family. The pool guy had access and the police are begging for more surveillance videos so obviously they havre seen any suspicious characters yet.

Wonder if the pool was clean?

But when people have just experienced a big shock, like finding a relative dead in a bloody bathtub, people may react in completely opposite ways. I would briefly freeze, possibly scream, leave the room, maybe go outside, then pull it together, calmly call 911. I would have my s*** together to answer LE questions, etc. Then when I was finally home, I would lose it, cry, shake, wail, whatever. Some people lose it immediately. Some may not lose it for days, weeks, months later. You may say something and never recall it again. JMO

Do not sleuth people who have not been named a suspects.

They hadn't been home long from vacation.
Did their son travel with them?

Someone may have thought the house was still empty, but it sounds like security was very tight, cameras etc.
Did someone disable the cameras?
If so, that suggests someone familiar with the house and its security

Apologies in advance, I am new here... is it not kosher to speculate on suspects based on the news articles? The police have not ruled any one out in this case as a suspect at this time, nor have they named any people of interest.

It might be that it was their habit for him to keep an eye on the house through his computer. When the system was down, he asked his son to see what was wrong. It could have been a very innocent request.

With my system that is connected to my iPhone, if the camera link goes down, I get a notification instantly that the system is down. He might not have had to actively been looking at the cameras to know they weren't functioning.

I think these lines are what has stuck out the most to me too....seems like a slip. Here is a screenshot of a Facebook post quoting Madriz later on on the day it happened...am I crazy or are they a little bit conflicting? The "us" vs. "I" distinction does seem like an inconsistent thing...among other things. Curious to hear your thoughts on this.

Apparently it's pool guyS...? :waitasec:

Or else that was a slip...?

This is also odd...

It's the craziest thing he's seen, he hears screaming. Then he hears screaming repeatedly saying, "No!" Then the screaming stops and he decides then to ignore it? :facepalm:

As the next thing following the paying no mind it to it is:

So he obviously wasn't planning to check to be sure nothing was wrong or...anything...
photo.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels