GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #10

I keep checking feeds and it keeps freezing. Has the judge delivered the sentence?

yep, we (Duval County) spent $350 million on a new courthouse, and all I got was this lousy feed. :(

Judge ordering #MichaelDunn 30 year prison sentence (20 mandatory) for each attempted murder count...consecutively. Plus 15 yrs for shooting

Vic Micolucci - WJXT @WJXTvic · 35s 35 seconds ago

Judge sentences #MichaelDunn to life in prison without parole for 1st degree murder of #JordanDavis consecutive to other charges.

I hope that they stream the entire sentencing without freezes some time today. I'm so disappointed.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT @WJXTvic · 3m 3 minutes ago

IT IS FINISHED. Judge sentences #MichaelDunn to life in prison for #JordanDavis murder, plus 90 years consecutive for other charges.

For those who didn't get to the tweets, here's basically what Healey said.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT @WJXTvic · 9m 9 minutes ago

Judge adjudicates #MichaelDunn of all crimes.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT @WJXTvic · 12m 12 minutes ago

Judge - Mr. Dunn, this tragedy should have and could have been prevented. (#MichaelDunn sentencing)

Vic Micolucci - WJXT
‏@WJXTvic Judge - Huge misunderstanding about Stand Your Ground term. Nothing wrong with retreating or de-escalating situation. - #MichaelDunn sent.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT @WJXTvic · 12m 12 minutes ago

Healey - "Mr. Dunn, your life is effectively over." - #MichaelDunn sentencing

Vic Micolucci - WJXT @WJXTvic · 13m 13 minutes ago

Judge Healey now addressing the room...looks like he wrote this decision ahead of #MichaelDunn sentencing hearing.

Well, if we don't see it now in its entirety, we won't see it on HLN! HLN??? The home of 10-year-old Forensic Files reruns which I have well memorized and John Quinones with What Would You Do?

I'm trying to figure out which news channel was covering in-court - they should have the video on the camera, even if it didn't feed. I know WJXT (news4jax.com) did NOT have the in-court camera; perhaps the one who did will post it first on their site, for their 12 PM news cycle, perhaps?

As I count, it would seem the only "break" Dunn got was the 15-year gun enhancements will run concurrently with the other longer sentences. Prosecution wanted LWOP + 105.

Ah, we get the sentencing! Hallelujah!

Judge Healey quotes Jordan's father that "this justice system works"...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back