GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
the judge really takes the "sunshine laws" serious...I mean I don't remember being inthe court this much in most trials.

So what do you think? There is nothing to see. You can only here the shots. Do you suppose they want to hear how long the break was before he started shooting again? Anyone think that if the driver had not been in the his seat that MD would have emptied his gun on that car? jmo

yes I do.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 41s
Healey: #MichaelDunn trial jury deliberations to resume at 10 AM #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

BBM

I hope you did not take that away from my original comments. Because that is not what I said. I never said they would be the only ones and would be predisposed and not look intelligently at any evidence. That seems to be an extreme and slightly twisted version of my original post.

I apologize.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 59s
All four alternates are being kept in sequestration overnight #DunnTrial

jury sent note to judge: "we have no results and will resume in the morning."
Jury being released for the evening. Being transported to hotel.

Court resumes at 9:30 est.
Jurors due at 10 a.m. EST.
Keeping the four alternates for the night but keeping them separated from the jury-12.

Alternates being transported separately. Judge asks that the four alternates come to courtroom now to advise them.

BUT.........only the dead victim and the shooter heard or said the "threats". Quite the conundrum.:scared:
No one saw the "gun" except MD.
MD even questioned his account, from a gun to a stick, while being interrogated by LE.
MD pulled the trigger 10 times, 7 times more than needed, if he was just protecting himself...or the "love of his life" :facepalm:

This all started because MD got his panties in a bunch over loud music. He would have probably sat in his vehicle for no more than 5 minutes, endured the noise (was there any noise ordinance that was being broken?), and been off to his motel with his jug of wine, chips, GF, and the rum and cokes waiting there.
Tell me exactly what you did March 13, 2012. The thing is most people don't have a photographic memory.

BTW: After a threat is made it wouldn't matter if it was shotgun or a stick.

The state didn't prove that, The state has the burden to prove what they claim.

Didn't prove what?

^^^ My question too.

I agree with that, I even thought about it just now. But I take offense to the idea that the black women will be the ones to not let Dunn off, no matter the evidence, because of emotion. Perhaps they can relate more to the plight and the presumptions that young black men have to deal with. But I still find it a little offensive. It's surely a possibility that they could think that way. But it assumes the black moms have already made their decision and are not going to weigh the evidence just as intelligently as the rest of the jurors.

It's like saying, there's no way the white men on that jury will let Dunn be found guilty because they see themselves in him. They will identify with him and won't vote against him.

Again, I find it presumptuous.

They've already seen all of the evidence. IMO, it strongly points to racism. Well, they didn't see the jail letters so there's less for them to go on than us. I see your point, but I still think they are the most likely to dig in. JMO

I'm 50 and I have no Male friends, most are drunk moochers at best. I've given and given until they think I should give then everything, to heck with that.

I'm almost 50 and have four friends that I went to high school with that I still have contact with. We don't try to mooch off of each other.

Believe whom you wish to believe, I was right about the states case against Casey Anthony, I was right about the states case against George Zimmerman. I have to believe you think successful white men go around shooting car loads of teenager for no reason all the time.

Well, you were right about the State anyway. In this case there is a successful white man who put nine bullets into a car of teens, killing one of them. It is what it is.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you said.

I still disagree with it though. Respectfully.

Ok, but I am not sure what exactly we are disagreeing upon. I said that the 2 black female jurors were most likely going to hold him accountable and not let him walk. That was my only comment.

Do you disagree?

I think the point Mr. Guy made to the jury was the part of reaching over, opening the glove compartment, pulling out the gun, removing it from the holister, sliding the bullet into the chamber, then turning around aiming and hitting his target exactly where he was aiming. All this time he supposedly had a shotgun pointing in his direction....which no one else witnessed. One eye witness was standing right next to his car watched him pick up the gun, then turn and fire. Did not see JD out of the SUV but saw the SUV immediately back out once the shots were fired. Premeditation can be seconds. The second you decide to pick up a gun with the intent of firing it at another person is long enough.

So we are talking 4, 5, 6 seconds and no one fired a weapon at MD. Not from the front passenger seat, the back driver's side passenger seat, not the driver's seat and most importantly no shots were fired from the back right side of the passenger seat. MD did not duck down to grab his gun. He testified he leaned over to open the glove box. His head was still visible above the seat. If someone were aiming a gun at you your instinct is to duct to protect yourself. He never did that according to witnesses and according to his own testimony. He just turned and fired. Every bullet after that was a conscious effort. Continuing to fire at the back of the vehicle while they were pulling away.

It will be the witnesses that seal MD's fate in this case. jmo
Have you ever pointed a firearm at someone with the knowledge you may have to use it, I have it's not as easy as it looks on TV!

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 38s
#DunnTrial jury deliberations wrap up after about 3 hrs on first day. Will resume at 10AM #MichaelDunn

Popsicle, I will be depending on you for updates tomorrow.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 23s
Healey thanking alternates for staying in apparently good spirits about another night in sequestration #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Judge says: because it is so late what I want to do is to have you remain, spend one more night at hotel, have you come back tomorrow, we will probably release some of you. We have to keep you separated from the others. Don't talk about the case among yourselves....same rules. You will eat separately and transported separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa