Found Deceased FL - Keith Edward Pereau, 65, Clay County, 16 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Keith Edward Pereau: Deputies search for missing Clay County man

MISSING PERSON: 65-year-old, Keith Edward Pereau is missing and we need the community’s help.

Mr. Pereau is a white male with blue eyes and gray hair. He is approximately 5’10”, weighing around 205 lbs., with an unknown clothing description. He was last seen on the morning on July 16th in the Fleming Island area, near Clay Street.

Please call our Communications Section at (904) 264-6512 if you have pertinent information about this case. You can also dial/text 911 if you locate Mr. Pereau.

Updates will be posted as they are obtained. #CCSOFL #SeekingKeith

upload_2018-7-17_17-31-26.jpeg

Clay County Sheriff's Office, Florida

"Just hours before Keith Peraeu, 65, disappeared, neighbors said he was laughing and having a great time. They said the father and grandfather took his boat out with some friends, family and his girlfriend Sunday afternoon. They said Pereau and others returned back to his Fleming Island home later that day. Neighbors said Pereau’s girlfriend ran an errand, and when she came back, he was gone, and his truck was parked in his neighbor’s driveway. But Pereau was nowhere to be found. Those neighbors said they later found out Pereau’s duffle bag and some clothes were missing."

"The last time he was seen by his neighbors and stuff, they seen him leaving to get on the boat. The boat came back, but they weren’t positive, ‘Hey, was he there or not?’” Kirk Pereau said

More mentioned here: Fleming Island community comes together to search for missing father

Family, deputies search by boat for missing 65-year-old man
"I'll say this, I got a phone call from him at 5:08 or 5:09. I was supposed to be on a boat with him. But I said, 'Have fun.' I got a call from him at 1:40 that (Monday) morning," Frank Pereau said. "The only people that was on that boat was his girlfriend, two other males, two other females. That's all we know."
When asked whether they had been able to talk to the people on the boat, Keith Pereau's sons said, "That's all we can say."

Timeline according to Investigators & the News sites:

Early Sunday evening between 5:00pm - 5:30pm: Pereau left by boat from his houses dock with his girlfriend and her family.

Sunday evening around 6:30pm: Peareau, his girlfriend, and her family returned with the boat to his houses dock.

6:30pm - His girlfriend last saw him at this time before going to run an errand.

After the girlfriend came back from her errand Pereau was gone, his truck was parked in his neighbor's driveway, and a dufflebag with some clothes were missing.

1:40am Monday Morning- His son received a missing call from his dad's cellphone #. No message was left.

"When asked whether they had been able to talk to the people on the boat, Keith Pereau's sons said, "That's all we can say." Pereau's girlfriend declined to comment due to the ongoing investigation." From Family, deputies search by boat for missing 65-year-old man

I'm full of questions.
Did Keith's get off the boat when his gf & her family did? If so, where did he say he was going after? If not, then he's in the water and nobody's talking (nobody out of the 5 other occupants).
I can't help thinking the gf "ran an errand" for an alibi, especially as she's gone "no comment". JMO.

Death investigation continues after missing Clay County man's body found
News4Jax on Tuesday obtained audio of a 911 call made by one of Pereau's son's to report his father missing.

Operator: "And how long has he been missing?"
Son: "He called me at 1:40 in the morning last night and he's been missing well over 24 hours. He just bought a brand new truck Friday and supposedly this is not like him. He's had meetings all day today and nobody knows where he's at."

LISTEN: Keith Pereau’s son calls 911 to report father missing
One of Pereau's sons, Frank, told News4Jax by phone Tuesday that, "We believe an arrest will be coming soon."

Months later and no autopsy report or anything about his cause of death has been released. As far as I know no one has been arrested in connection with this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back