Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based off of the plethora of divorce/custody documents posted here I am certain that Logan moving his primary residence to the other parent would not be as simple as Mom saying “sure, come on.”

https://www.news4jax.com/news/15-year-old-accused-of-murder-kept-in-30-square-foot-cell
Carrie Campbell Mott points to JSO's tweet when her son was returned to Jacksonville saying, "He is being transported to the police station to be interviewed." She doesn't believe an attorney was present for that interview, and keeping him in an adult jail is intimidating.

"Placing Logan in jail when he has no previous violent history and has not been convicted of a crime is just a way to scare and intimidate a 15-year-old child," Campbell Mott, who lives in Missouri, wrote to News4Jax.

Campbell Mott also believes her diabetic son would get better health care if he were in a juvenile facility.

“We found out (his blood sugar) is being tested at the incorrect times," Campbell Mott wrote News4Jax in an email. "He would get better medical care, take classes and interact with kids and be treated as a detainee instead of a prisoner."
======================================================================================

I don't think Mom understands the seriousness of her son's actions. She thinks he shouldn't be treated like a 'prisoner' but like an innocent detainee and should be taking classes with other kids his age, almost like he was in juvie as a runaway.

She is worried that he is scared and being intimidated by the guards. Well, the problem is, prison is scary and the guards are supposed to be intimidating. Reality sucks.

But if a 15 yr old wraps his dead grandmother in plastic and buries her in the backyard, then steals her car and atm card, and tries to flee, he is going to be locked up in adult prison, not juvie, with kids who are skipping school and joyriding with friends.

She doesn't want the authorities to 'question' him. Sorry, but that is going to happen at some point because they need to investigate this case. He was found with her car and wallet and the stolen weapons. He is on video using the atm card.

They have the right to question him at some point. He needs to answer their questions. He can waive his rights to an attorney or he can wait for representation.
Absolutely!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think LM's mother has valid concerns.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...teen-accused-of-killing-grandmother/661334657
Letter: Logan Mott's mother pleads for better medical care in jail for 'starving' son
Updated: Dec 9, 2017 - 5:02 PM

https://www.thediabetescouncil.com/diabetes-care-in-prison-how-to-manage-your-diabetes-in-prison/
Diabetes Care in Prison: How to Manage Your Diabetes in Prison

Can you wear an insulin pump in prison?
No, it is considered a weapon. Insulin is given by the medical staff in prison.

If I am in the county jail, will I get the same attention to my diabetes as I would get at a federal penitentiary?
In the county jail, they tend to not stick by ADA recommendations as much as in the federal institutions. The federal prisons have more guidelines, more services and more funding to care for those with chronic diseases than do county jail facilities.

Do you get to keep a blood sugar machine in your cell in prison or jail?
In the county jail perspective section above, one county jail nurse interviewed stated that the county inmates are not allowed to keep any kind of sharp or needle in their cells. In several blogs online, I was able to find where some federal prisons do allow diabetics to keep their glucometer in their cell and monitor their own blood sugars. This is not the case in all federal prisons. However, the ADA does recommend that patients in prison with diabetes should be allowed to self-monitor their blood glucose.
[...]

Re: I read Logan wanted to live with her instead of his dad and she wouldn't let him.
^^Link please
I also remember reading this in one of the other threads about this case.Something about his calling her and wanting to come back.I'm too lazy to look it up though,lol.

I also remember reading this in one of the other threads about this case.Something about his calling her and wanting to come back.I'm too lazy to look it up though,lol.
This is the only WS thread about this case.
Was the 'other thread' a valid thread or a rumor thread?
My impression is that mom would have wanted LM with her in a heartbeat.

I can't find the original source, but I remember reading in MSM that the parents agreed he needed to stay with his father so he could attend the magnet school. Treat as rumor, but I'll keep looking.

I can't find the original source, but I remember reading in MSM that the parents agreed he needed to stay with his father so he could attend the magnet school. Treat as rumor, but I'll keep looking.
Yes that was what I read.I believe this was a quality school they wanted him to attend for a better education.

True, she probably would. But she has 3 children that are very young. I wonder if her partner was ready for her teenager to come move in with them?

There should be an article while Logan was still missing and Kristina had not yet been found. In that article the mom talked about their conversation that Sunday (if I am not mistaken) where Logan expressed wanting to live with her in Missouri and the mom talked about the upcoming Christmas visit and Spring Break.

There should be an article while Logan was still missing and Kristina had not yet been found. In that article the mom talked about their conversation that Sunday (if I am not mistaken) where Logan expressed wanting to live with her in Missouri and the mom talked about the upcoming Christmas visit and Spring Break.

This is maybe the report we're all thinking of.

........“There just wasn’t any indication that there was anything wrong, nothing. It was just a normal conversation,” she said. “They’ve been asking me what kind of a mood Logan was in on Sunday night when I was talking to him. We are both Native American, and we talked about making moccasins when he was here at Christmas and talked about spring break.”

Campbell-Mott, who also has three young children, said her son had been asking about possibly moving to Missouri to live with her instead.

“I think every kid goes through that when you spend the majority of time with one parent; there comes a time in your life where you say, 'Well, you know, I wonder what it’s like over there,'” she said. “But then he got into the early college program, and we thought that’s where he needs to be.”...."
https://www.news4jax.com/news/teen-sought-in-grandmothers-death-detained-at-canadian-border

Keep in mind that Mom moved to Missouri over 8 to 9 years ago. If Mom wanted him with her at any time in those 8 to 9 years there would have been a custody battle for that. That did not happen. Nothing in the docket shows anything of the sort.

Keep in mind that Mom moved to Missouri over 8 to 9 years ago. If Mom wanted him with her at any time in those 8 to 9 years there would have been a custody battle for that. That did not happen. Nothing in the docket shows anything of the sort.

That is really sad. LM was only about 6 when his mother moved out of state? A little boy needs his mommy. I think he had a lot of sadness surrounding his childhood.

That is really sad. LM was only about 6 when his mother moved out of state? A little boy needs his mommy. I think he had a lot of sadness surrounding his childhood.

You got that right! A 6 year old boy does need his mother. I would never desert my child at that age,

"Mott told Action News Jax she filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Corrections Friday as well as emailed the Jacksonville city council and filed an internal complaint with JSO."*

"She also said she plans on filing a complaint with the Florida ACLU."

https://twitter.com/DayPeach/status/940199512232120321

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Link from Blue's twitter link (Thanks Blue.)

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...teen-accused-of-killing-grandmother/661334657

Letter: Logan Mott's mother pleads for better medical care in jail for 'starving' son

“It is clear to me that Logan’s medical needs are not being met,” Carrie Mott said. She blames JSO detectives for putting her 15 year-old son in jail rather than a juvenile facility. “This is a child. A child who has not been tried or convicted and deserves to be innocent until proven guilty and treated as such," she wrote.

I feel like Logan had a lot of confusion surrounding him. He lived with a very strict but engaged Father, who had high expectations for him. In cases like that, a child needs a balance from a nurturing, caring Mother to help him cope. His mother seems to fit that bill, yet she moved out of state and began having a new family. I know how difficult that might be for a 10 yr old boy. And when he begins asking to move to be with his Mom, he is told that the advanced placement charter program is more important for his future than finally living with his Mom. I think he was very sad and felt kind of neglected or abandoned. And maybe all of this protective, reactive stuff coming from her now is kind of guilt induced?

I feel like Logan had a lot of confusion surrounding him. He lived with a very strict but engaged Father, who had high expectations for him. In cases like that, a child needs a balance from a nurturing, caring Mother to help him cope. His mother seems to fit that bill, yet she moved out of state and began having a new family. I know how difficult that might be for a 10 yr old boy. And when he begins asking to move to be with his Mom, he is told that the advanced placement charter program is more important for his future than finally living with his Mom. I think he was very sad and felt kind of neglected or abandoned. And maybe all of this protective, reactive stuff coming from her now is kind of guilt induced?

I agree. I also wonder of the high expectations by enrolment into the early college program at age 15, especially if he already had "some problems", although the mother doesn't say exactly what. It's not often that academia poses a solution in that regard. In addition to his long-distance mother, if his father only recently began a relationship with a girlfriend, that may have further aggravated him if he had abandonment issues as well.

What I don't understand, if he is proven guilty of the allegations, is how on earth his state of mind provoked such a drastic event resulting in the murder of the grandmother. I wonder if it was due to diabetes having heightened his volatility and fuelled his frustration because his insulin requirements limited his options? I'm thinking of common rebellious actions commonly chosen by unsettled teens, for example running away, living on the streets, taking up with unsavoury influences and so forth, summarized by acting out in nonviolent ways while in pursuit of seeking something better than what home life has to offer.

"........Campbell-Mott said that her son had had a hard time switching schools recently. But she said she thought these were 'normal teenage' problems.
'He’s had some problems over the last couple of years. It’s just been a tough time for him, transitioning from one school now to high school, and he’s in the early college program, and that’s really intense,' she said...."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-murder-denies-wrongdoing.html#ixzz50zdfvMdh

I agree. I also wonder of the high expectations by enrolment into the early college program at age 15, especially if he already had "some problems", although the mother doesn't say exactly what. It's not often that academia poses a solution in that regard. In addition to his long-distance mother, if his father only recently began a relationship with a girlfriend, that may have further aggravated him if he had abandonment issues as well.

What I don't understand, if he is proven guilty of the allegations, is how on earth his state of mind provoked such a drastic event resulting in the murder of the grandmother. I wonder if it was due to diabetes having heightened his volatility and fuelled his frustration because his insulin requirements limited his options? I'm thinking of common rebellious actions commonly chosen by unsettled teens, for example running away, living on the streets, taking up with unsavoury influences and so forth, summarized by acting out in nonviolent ways while in pursuit of seeking something better than what home life has to offer.

"........Campbell-Mott said that her son had had a hard time switching schools recently. But she said she thought these were 'normal teenage' problems.
'He’s had some problems over the last couple of years. It’s just been a tough time for him, transitioning from one school now to high school, and he’s in the early college program, and that’s really intense,' she said...."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-murder-denies-wrongdoing.html#ixzz50zdfvMdh
This may sound crazy but I wonder if the mention of making moccasins over the break pushed him over the edge.
For some reason, this really ticked me off. Here he is in turmoil and his mother is talking about making moccasins. Sounds like something better suited for
her younger children and not a 15 year old boy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members