FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be possible to make a reasonable guess at how recent he was changed (and therefore in care of an adult) by condition of nappy.

Was he dropped off near parking lot by someone who didn’t want the responsibility of harming/abducting a child or did he wander out of a nearby house or apartment? Was he maybe left in a sandy yard with toys?

This is such a strange one.

Well, he needed to be changed/had a full diaper, but that could mean he just woke up from a nap or was wandering all day. I wouldn't think it was more than a day *8 hours or so" or he would have just taken a super soiled diaper off.....2 year olds can take off their own diapers....

I read what you wrote before I clicked on the article to read it for myself, and thought “there is just NO way that this was in Palm Beach. It has to be West Palm Beach.”
Huge difference between Palm Beach and West Palm. MOO.

Also, thank you so so much for sharing the videos!!

I apologize for making that mistake. I live in Texas and did not realize there was such a huge difference. Sorry for any confusion.

Mom of wandering toddler has ties to Walker County
rbbm.
''A woman believed to be the mother of a toddler found wandering outside an apartment complex in Miramar, Florida, on Sunday has ties to Walker County.

Walker County Sheriff's Office Investigator Carl Carpenter said Leila Cavett, 21, has lived in Walker County in the past and currently has a pending court case here but is not considered to be missing from Walker County.

Her Facebook page lists her as living in Atlanta. Court records list her address as Muscle Shoals.

"We don't have any reason to believe that she is anywhere else but southern Florida,"
said Carpenter, the major crimes/missing person investigator at WCSO.

"She's very close to her child from what we understand. I believe whatever the circumstances were in Florida for her child to turn up down there, I don't have any reason not to believe that she is down there, and I have a lot of concern about her if the child was by himself," Carpenter said.''

''The last time Cavett was confirmed to be in Walker County was in October 2019, according to Carpenter.

According to court documents, Cavett was arrested in Cordova on drug charges in September and received two traffic tickets in October. Cavett failed to appear on the traffic violations at a court date in February, which resulted in her driver's license being suspended in March.''
Excellent, thanks @dotr. This clarifies a lot.

Eta: So, noting court records list address as being in “Muscle Shoals”, which is in Alabama.

“Muscle Shoals is the largest city in Colbert County, Alabama, United States. It is located along the Tennessee River in the northern part of the state and, as of the 2010 census, the population of Muscle Shoals was 13,146. The estimated population in 2019 was 14,575. Wikipedia

Weather: 81°F (27°C), Wind E at 3 mph (5 km/h), 77% Humidity
ZIP codes: 35660(obsolete), 35661, 35662“

(here we go with this Alabama vs. Georgia business again...)

—-

Colbert County
County in Alabama

“Colbert County is a county located in the northwestern part of the U.S. state of Alabama. As of the 2010 census the county's population was 54,428. The county seat is Tuscumbia. Its name is in honor of brothers George and Levi Colbert, Chickasaw Indian chiefs. Wikipedia

Population: 55,241 (2019)
Cities: Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals, Sheffield, Leighton, Cherokee, Littleville

Last edited:
I read what you wrote before I clicked on the article to read it for myself, and thought “there is just NO way that this was in Palm Beach. It has to be West Palm Beach.”
Huge difference between Palm Beach and West Palm. MOO.

Also, thank you so so much for sharing the videos!!

Trying to figure out how to edit my post to state West Palm Beach, however the edit option is no longer visible on my post. I am new to posting in this forum. Still trying to figure my way around.

Family members say Leila Cavett was single and she had no relationship with Kamdyn's father.

"Family members told CBS4 they have attempted to contact Cavett on her cell phone, but after several rings, no one picks up. The woman’s grandmother was the final person to have any communication with her through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members. They said Cavett had no plans to come to Florida.

Cavett's family said they are remaining positive as the search for her continues. Police have not confirmed if they believe foul play is involved.

The family told CBS4 that Cavett is single and does not have a relationship with her son’s father."

‘I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK’: Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler

Trying to figure out how to edit my post to state West Palm Beach, however the edit option is no longer visible on my post. I am new to posting in this forum. Still trying to figure my way around.
Welcome to Ws eyespywithmylileye!
Thanks for chiming in, not to worry, there are so many places with similar names ect. i still have to double check abbreviations for the different states too!

Family members say Leila Cavett was single and she had no relationship with Kamdyn's father.

"Family members told CBS4 they have attempted to contact Cavett on her cell phone, but after several rings, no one picks up. The woman’s grandmother was the final person to have any communication with her through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members. They said Cavett had no plans to come to Florida.

Cavett's family said they are remaining positive as the search for her continues. Police have not confirmed if they believe foul play is involved.

The family told CBS4 that Cavett is single and does not have a relationship with her son’s father."

‘I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK’: Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler
July 26 ! That's 2 days ago. Wasn't that when Kam was found....Sunday?
I wonder what the message said.
I had thought last communication with any family was 2 weeks ago through FaceTime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam