Still Missing FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found alive on street), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 #4 *arrest*

Any news?
There was a calendar call yesterday but no update to what happened as of today. On 5/11/23 the Defense posted 2 notices of depositions. On June 27, 2023, defense will take the depositions by zoom of Leila's parents and one of her sisters. On July 6, 2023, defense will depose the two men Leila was involved with before K. was born. As far as I know, neither man has claimed him or taken a paternity test.

Shannon Ryan, who also faces charges of tampering with evidence and child neglect, is now scheduled to begin on August 18.

Leila Cavett, a 21-year-old woman who had been working in Atlanta, disappeared during a trip to South Florida on July 25, 2020. Cavett reportedly moved from Georgia to Florida to work for Ryan.

Video shows her at a RaceTrac gas station in Hollywood, Florida. Despite a multi-state search, Cavett has not been found.

Ryan, a self-proclaimed "witch doctor," told officers he saw Cavett and her son get into a car with a group of men, but surveillance video at a gas station in Hollywood showed where Cavett was last seen: in the passenger seat of Ryan’s gold Lexus on July 25, police said.

The FBI released photos of her with her 2-year-old son inside the store at 3 p.m. and then again at 10 p.m. on the same day. The toddler was later found barefoot and in a soiled diaper in a Miramar apartment parking lot.

miramar-toddler-mom-truck.jpg

Pretrial should have been Nov. 17 and virtual depositions should be Dec. 15. I'm not finding anything after this though, so I don't know if the pre-trial hearing happened.

(I'm a time traveler, so I thought Nov. 17th had already happened)

Last edited:
An arrest report released Tuesday says surveillance video from July 27, 2020, shows Ryan dragging a large object wrapped in black garbage bags from the truck to a dumpster. He was also seen throwing away what appeared to be bloody towels, the report says.
Leila Cavett. (FBI)

According to the report, investigators also found that Ryan had searched "does bleach and alcohol make chloroform" and that he visited Hollywood's Waste Management website to see times of commercial trash pick-up in the city.

The arrest report also revealed that before his arrest, Ryan had made several videos of himself describing his relationship with Leila, calling her a "manipulative thief" who wasted his time and "hustled him."

The dumpsters at the gas station have been removed as part of the investigation. The FBI has conducted multiple searches of the Monarch Hill landfill in Pompano Beach, Florida, but Leila’s body has not been found.

Shannon Ryan is being held at Broward County Jail without bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back