FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal use[edit]
Chloroform has reputedly been used by criminals to knock out, daze, or even murder victims. Joseph Harris was charged in 1894 with using chloroform to rob people.[44] Serial killer H. H. Holmes used chloroform overdoses to kill his female victims. In September 1900, chloroform was implicated in the murder of the American businessman William Marsh Rice, the namesake of the institution now known as Rice University. Chloroform was deemed a factor in the alleged murder of a woman in 1991 when she was asphyxiated while sleeping.[45] In a 2007 plea bargain, a man confessed to using stun guns and chloroform to sexually assault minors.[46]

Use of chloroform as an incapacitating agent has become widely recognized, bordering on clichéd, due to the popularity of crime fiction authors having criminals use chloroform-soaked rags to render victims unconscious. However, it is nearly impossible to incapacitate someone using chloroform in this manner.[47] It takes at least five minutes of inhaling an item soaked in chloroform to render a person unconscious. Most criminal cases involving chloroform also involve another drug being co-administered, such as alcohol or diazepam, or the victim being found to have been complicit in its administration. After a person has lost consciousness due to chloroform inhalation, a continuous volume must be administered and the chin must be supported to keep the tongue from obstructing the airway, a difficult procedure typically requiring the skills of an anesthesiologist. In 1865 as a direct result of the criminal reputation chloroform had gained, medical journal The Lancet offered a "permanent scientific reputation" to anyone who could demonstrate "instantaneous insensibility", i.e. losing consciousness instantaneously, using chloroform.[48]

BBM - It may not have been easy or quick to use Chloroform on Leila, but it may explain the broken/damaged bits to the car ? Just a thought

I personally don't think chloroform had anything to do with anything. I think he was trying to ask if bleach and alcohol make a deadly gas, but was not sure the name of the 2 items that you shouldn't mix... I think he was thinking of bleach and ammonia but his drug addled mind couldn't find the right words, but he wanted to make sure he didn't kill himself while trying to clean up whatever mess he made while (allegedly) killing Leila. JMO

How the heck can you zoom in? I cant find anything that lets me - cos I was wondering, at the 27 second mark to the right of the frame - is that Leila's truck?

eta I am terrible with tech :)
Using my MacBook's trackpad I use two of my fingers and spread them apart and it zooms in that way.
eta...I zoomed in at the 27 second mark and see what you see. To me, it almost looks like a Ford truck because to my eyes the emblem on the front looks round and blue, but I am not an expert in trucks. It would make sense that it would be her truck though, since she is carrying the baby with her, she likely wanted to park close to the entrance IMO.

Can you tell from video? It looks like she looked back into car and hesitated back when she got out? Were others in the car? Why did she look back and hesitate as it appears to me?

It looked to me like she was talking to someone in the car as she was getting out... maybe like hey, do you want a soda or something type conversation?

Jmo

Jeez, released on 8/20... why without timestamps? Look how loaded the back of the truck was!

That's some significant damage done on the Lexus front right. Yet doesn't show up in the screen shots/videos shared from the QT that exact location if was damaged when she drove up in the PM?

ETA: Not that is shows that the damage wasn't there, just that the shot shared just doesn't show that area.. it's almost strategically the exact area behind something or the car too far pulled forward in the shot shared. I'm SURE that LE could have shown if it was there when pulling in... but they purposefully did NOT share that. WHY?

Look how loaded the back of the truck was!

What was in the back of the truck?

Using my MacBook's trackpad I use two of my fingers and spread them apart and it zooms in that way.
eta...I zoomed in at the 27 second mark and see what you see. To me, it almost looks like a Ford truck because to my eyes the emblem on the front looks round and blue, but I am not an expert in trucks. It would make sense that it would be her truck though, since she is carrying the baby with her, she likely wanted to park close to the entrance IMO.

Thank you

JRodriguez @JRodzMIA 5m
#FBI offering $10,000 reward and releases last known images of #missing mother #LeilaCavett at #Hollywood gas station with her toddler son who was found wandering alone 2 weeks ago in #Miramar @Telemundo51 @FBIMiamiFL

https://twitter.com/i/status/1296555698143268867
I can't understand why they waited until now to check the dumpsters. Maybe for blood residue? But other than that it seems to me it should have been done when they found the clothing and toys. Maybe there is a reason, idk? Wouldn't those have been dumped a dozen or so times by now?

Last edited:
Random thoughts on this lovely, warm afternoon in SoCal ;)

So SR's choosing to remain silent, lol. Well I wonder how long that will last. There are punishments much worse than death IMHO. Honestly, I am a little concerned that they haven't brought forth more charges beyond lying and kidnapping but I am hoping that the other facts known about the investigation but not disclosed in the affidavit have more teeth. I can't help but feel that other folks are involved in this young lady's disappearance. There are such dark forces surrounding this case, may the light continue to shine through it all and bring this young lady home.

In the affidavit - they stated that not all facts known had been included, only the ones related to the charge of kidnapping - imo they know much more about what's happened but it's possibly harder to prove, is it be possible they have charged him for kidnapping whilst they build a case and will add more charges when they have more evidence/information etc?
Absolutely !!!
Just catching up in here so may have already been answered :)

Do y'all think the increase in reward money or any amount of reward money offered would be enough for folks to come forward with real information leading to a conviction? I mean, how could they know anything really, unless they were involved somehow? Honestly, I think the homeless, often unseen or unacknowledged folks around the area in which she was last seen would know more, but how would they know about the reward being offered if they don't have cell phones or any other means of accessing media?

Do y'all think the increase in reward money or any amount of reward money offered would be enough for folks to come forward with real information leading to a conviction? I mean, how could they know anything really, unless they were involved somehow? Honestly, I think the homeless, often unseen or unacknowledged folks around the area in which she was last seen would know more, but how would they know about the reward being offered if they don't have cell phones or any other means of accessing media?

That is what it looks like, maybe she had her stuff in the back ans it covered it. I wonder if the she came down with the shovels

I'm curious as to wether or not the police did a thorough investigation of the apartment complex where the baby was found? I would really like to think so.The complex is called WillowBrook apartments.Terrible reviews which may mean the possibility of sketchy renters.That is completely from my experience with living in such places.
Willowbrook Apartments Miramar, FL 33023 - بحث Google,,,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads