FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family members who last spoke to Leila on July 17, say her grandmother was the last person to speak to her on July 26 via Facebook.
I can't find where they said that....was it a video or article, or FB?
Just looked at the video of the 3 sisters talking to the reporter in Miramar, and only heard the July 17 FaceTime reference.

BBM:
The family members who last spoke to Leila on July 17, say her grandmother was the last person to speak to her on July 26 via Facebook.

Hi, is there a source for this please? Tia.

(Perhaps I’ll come across it as I’m catching up, so if already posted, and if this is known information, please disregard request for source. I have seen the video interview of the three sisters speaking which @dotr posted this morning, and I only recall July 17th being mentioned in reference to “FaceTiming” for an hour. Thanks.)

Family members say Leila Cavett was single and she had no relationship with Kamdyn's father.

"Family members told CBS4 they have attempted to contact Cavett on her cell phone, but after several rings, no one picks up. The woman’s grandmother was the final person to have any communication with her through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members. They said Cavett had no plans to come to Florida.

Cavett's family said they are remaining positive as the search for her continues. Police have not confirmed if they believe foul play is involved.

The family told CBS4 that Cavett is single and does not have a relationship with her son’s father."

‘I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK’: Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler
Bumping post with link, thanks.. rbbm.

‘I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK’: Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler
''Family members told CBS4 they have attempted to contact Cavett on her cell phone, but after several rings, no one picks up. The woman’s grandmother was the final person to have any communication with her through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members. They said Cavett had no plans to come to Florida.''

They don't know the gender?? Strange, unless the body has been lying there for a good while. Mmmppff. SMH.
ETA: Surely they're simply saying they don't know the gender -- of course gender can be determined if there's any trace of DNA on the body. SMH.
Damm.

ok, I just looked at the cbs4 link, where the July 26 contact is mentioned in the article, but I don't hear the sisters saying anything about it to the camera in this longer interaction with a reporter.

So maybe off camera? I don't know

'I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK': Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler
It’s on camera. Grandmother contacted Leila about her mail, sister Gina told reporters. Then, she sent a “thumbs up” on FB. Assuming she meant messenger, no public activity on FB page. The reporters asked her to confirm July 26, but didn’t ask for a specific time on 26. Kamdyn was found at 8:30 am on July26.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/nancygrace/status/1288276098074148864?s=21

“Family members have called Cavett’s cellphone numerous times but it rings and rings until her voicemail picks up. Cavett’s grandmother, the last person in the family to have contact with her, reportedly received a “thumb’s up” message from her via Facebook messenger on July 26.

The family told CBS Miami that Cavett is a single mother and has no relationship with the child’s father.”

They don't know the gender?? Strange, unless the body has been lying there for a good while. Mmmppff. SMH.
ETA: Surely they're simply saying they don't know the gender -- of course gender can be determined if there's any trace of DNA on the body. SMH.
Damm.

I'd say it doesn't necessary mean they can't tell, only that they aren't saying. The ME will make that determination as part of the autopsy. LE on the scene might have a superficial impression of the gender/sex of the remains, but they aren't trained medical examiners.

https://twitter.com/nancygrace/status/1288276098074148864?s=21

“Family members have called Cavett’s cellphone numerous times but it rings and rings until her voicemail picks up. Cavett’s grandmother, the last person in the family to have contact with her, reportedly received a “thumb’s up” message from her via Facebook messenger on July 26.

The family told CBS Miami that Cavett is a single mother and has no relationship with the child’s father.”

Uhhhhh. That's not real contact. Anybody with her phone could send a thumbs up.

We’ve all been focused on the Turnpike but I-95 is close too. I-95 doesn’t have Toll Roads, Turnpike does. If she started at Wildwood on Turnpike her toll would have been roughly $21, pay by plate.

Attachments

• 04551542-2F4E-46A9-AE26-9F46A6AF14FC.jpeg
    04551542-2F4E-46A9-AE26-9F46A6AF14FC.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics